Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-20-2015, 12:58 AM   #1301
DanGarion
Coordinator

I'm getting bored just sitting around waiting for work. I'm going to head out to the Home Depot parking lot looking for work.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 01:03 AM   #1302
Suicane75
Coordinator

We don't have any lawns here yet.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 01:09 AM   #1303
Raven
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
I'm getting bored just sitting around waiting for work. I'm going to head out to the Home Depot parking lot looking for work.

Agreed. It feels like if you aren't a scientist or engineer, your role in this game is limited. Based on EF's last post, that seems to be the direction this is going in. If I had known my role would be so restricted, I wouldn't have signed up and wouldn't be investing as much time in this.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 01:15 AM   #1304
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
Agreed. It feels like if you aren't a scientist or engineer, your role in this game is limited. Based on EF's last post, that seems to be the direction this is going in. If I had known my role would be so restricted, I wouldn't have signed up and wouldn't be investing as much time in this.

Chill out. There's going to be plenty more to think about. It's not like I suddenly have a mass of options available to me. I get to ask people what they think we should be researching and then get to PM Eagle about it. But hey, I think this post makes it unlikely that you're the saboteur so that's a plus. Or you're a very cunning one.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 01:18 AM   #1305
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

There are vanilla villagers in every WW game. Stick with it, things can change quickly in these games.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 01:23 AM   #1306
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Added an item which is now in play to the item list. The passenger manifest.
Old 02-20-2015, 01:27 AM   #1307
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I'll post all this without looking at the actual facts to start with.

My theory is that
a) The saboteur at the start would try to avoid the spotlight. I can't see them making a strong case for themselves to be a leader. They might put themselves forward but wouldn't want to push it too hard.
b) They would probably be reticent about offering up information about themselves until they had a handle on what information other people had been given.
c) I doubt they would claim to be top tier in any skill, even if they are, as that would put them at risk of being committed to a task which might impede their nefarious business. But I think that one is a bit more of an assumption.
d) Similarly I doubt the sabotuer would push hard to to be put on any project as that would be likely to impede their chances of skullduggery.
e) Almost certainly isn't Chief, unless there's already been a conversion and he got himself beaten up to gain trust. Not something I put past Chief to be honest. Under these circumstances I can see Chief being a convertee but not the original saboteur.
Old 02-20-2015, 01:32 AM   #1308
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

So now I get to wade through swathes, nay, savannahs of Crimson's nonsense to see who matches with what.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:43 AM   #1309
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

a) Autumn, Grover, Zinto, Shoveler, timmae, thomkal, Chief, fonti, Saldana, Dangarion
b) Autumn, Grover, Zinto, Shoveler, timmae, thomkal, fonti, Raven
c) I've gone off this idea because the list was too damn long.
d) Ntndeacon (offered to work on Schmidty), Grover (offered to build Biodome), Narc (kinda pushed to be on Science project), GE (wanted in on science project).

Gives
3) The Jackal
4) britrock88
5) Suicane75
12) JAG
17) Danny
21) SharkN20
22) CrimsonFox

Drop Danny for meta-reason and that's a pretty decent little list. Given the weakness of D I think you could probably add NTN, GE and myself to the list.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:55 AM   #1310
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Obviously that list is very subjective but it helps focus me so there.

I think it's important to differentiate between people's legitimate personal goals and the stowaway's goals. People may well have goals that might not be in the best interests of the entire community but they still want the community to survive. I'm presuming that the stowaway doesn't want the community to survive. So somebody sabotaging the commuications isn't any sort of indication that they are the stowaway that's an action that is probably conduicive to a personal goal. The person killing Schmidty on the other hand probably is the stowaway or aligned with the stowaway.

So I don't find, for example, DanGarion's wish to become leader but reticience about his background as particularly indicative of him being the stowaway (quite the opposite in fact). It doesn't mean I always expect to act solely for the benefit of the colony at all times but I don't expect him to try and destroy it.
Old 02-20-2015, 03:01 AM   #1311
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Regarding Chief and Danny I would say that it is vital that the primary work is put in on Chief. He is one of our best medics so we need him fit and ready to help mend others. Danny brought his condition on himself to some extent so I think he will have to wait.

The increase in injuries makes me wonder if we should try to rush the medical center through (even if that didn't work with government yesterday). But I am concerned that the lack of supplies is going to start really hurting all of us if we drag it out more days. Unless there's clear signs that the Biodome is going to alleviate that problem during the day then I think we have to concentrate on supplies.
Old 02-20-2015, 03:01 AM   #1312
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Vote Build Medical Facility
Collect Supplies
Old 02-20-2015, 03:03 AM   #1313
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post

Narcizo, Sharkn20 and timmae may decide:
1) Research (offensive, defensive, medical, agricultural)

Do we three vote on that in thread or do we PM you privately?
Old 02-20-2015, 03:11 AM   #1314
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

What do people think we should be researching?

My feeling is that medical won't help much until we have a medical center. As we don't know what advantages the biodome provides it's difficult to know how much we need agricultural improvements. Ditto offensive research when we don't know who/what we want to attack. Or defend against for that matter. But if we get some weapons sorted (attack research) then we could feel more confident about sending people out to explore the crashsite or the other ship. But if whoever it is knows about us then having defence is going to keep us all safe.

I guess it depends on how long the research will take to reap any benefits. If its going to take days then it might be worthwhile researching medical stuff.
Old 02-20-2015, 03:45 AM   #1315
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post

Sorry, in thread with the leader pm'ing me their final decision.
Old 02-20-2015, 03:47 AM   #1316
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Research will yield in one day, unless their is something that causes it to be delayed.
Old 02-20-2015, 03:47 AM   #1317
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Narc, while I get your list is preliminary above, I think it's s decent place to begin.

For completing the government building today, I would consider going with the people that successfully completed the biodome earlier (I think it was myself and two engineers).

We don't have an option to gather supplies today, only explore or build/fix. With medical personnel down to 2.5, I think now is the time to get that building up.

Research is tough as they're all tempting to me. Again I might prioritize medical in hopes we can give more help to the medical staff. Defense might be a good option also as it could indirectly help the doctors while potentially allowing us to protect our facilities as well. Agricultural I'm guessing might give a health bonus to all when completed. For exploration, with all the ominous messages we've been getting, prior to exploring it would be handy to have something there.

Engineering design stuff looks pretty cool too. I think an improved generator would be a good place to start as we'll probably need extra capacity to make use of the places the researchers determine.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 03:51 AM   #1318
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

It's still early. We started prioritizing research and need engineers to start the colony building process, and people getting hurt requires our doctors. When we start exploring and when the government building is up, there are likely going to be more roles for those with social / physical backgrounds.
Old 02-20-2015, 03:55 AM   #1319
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
your wife?

I actually missed that before. My autocorrect is a mess, that won't be the only one, and I don't even know what I wanted to say. I had to fix my above post from 'nerd engineers' to 'need engineers'.
Old 02-20-2015, 03:58 AM   #1320
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Vote next project
Vote medical
Old 02-20-2015, 05:47 AM   #1321
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I actually missed that before. My autocorrect is a mess, that won't be the only one, and I don't even know what I wanted to say. I had to fix my above post from 'nerd engineers' to 'need engineers'.

right the first time
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 05:48 AM   #1322
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

vote canhazcheezburgerz
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 06:53 AM   #1323
Grover
Pro Starter

I'd like to know what everyone thinks our engineering project should be.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 06:55 AM   #1324
Grover
Pro Starter

VOTE: Repair Communications
VOTE: Next Project

Old 02-20-2015, 07:33 AM   #1325
Sharkn20
High School Varsity

Quote:

Under my experience is better to build a strong defence first! So it would be my vote Boss
Sharkn20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 07:34 AM   #1326
Sharkn20
High School Varsity

Quote:
a) Autumn, Grover, Zinto, Shoveler, timmae, thomkal, Chief, fonti, Saldana, Dangarion
b) Autumn, Grover, Zinto, Shoveler, timmae, thomkal, fonti, Raven
c) I've gone off this idea because the list was too damn long.
d) Ntndeacon (offered to work on Schmidty), Grover (offered to build Biodome), Narc (kinda pushed to be on Science project), GE (wanted in on science project).

Gives
3) The Jackal
4) britrock88
5) Suicane75
12) JAG
17) Danny
21) SharkN20
22) CrimsonFox

Drop Danny for meta-reason and that's a pretty decent little list. Given the weakness of D I think you could probably add NTN, GE and myself to the list.

Is hard to hurt somebody with awful physical strength man
Old 02-20-2015, 07:57 AM   #1327
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
Can you explain why you wanted to be on research?

I have already stated that. I am simply the best that this group has to offer at science and research. I should be in the research center.

Can we vote to change the leader at some point?
Old 02-20-2015, 08:00 AM   #1328
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
I have already stated that. I am simply the best that this group has to offer at science and research. I should be in the research center.

But why did you want to be an engineer first?

I find it interesting that you've essentially claimed to be the best at both.

Old 02-20-2015, 08:38 AM   #1329
timmae
College Starter

Quote:

Golden.... I think your hesitancy to provide your back story hurt you a bit... it's not to say that you won't earn that trust but it affected the outcome.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:42 AM   #1330
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Added an item which is now in play to the item list. The passenger manifest.

This will help sort through things... I assume Font will provide additional details on the contents. We should track this as an open item until we know more...

Raven, while you don't have a lead role at this point there are any number of items you can help assist with. Narc's list of "suspects" is a great example. Pick a task, thought, or set of variables and have fun with them. These items need some overview in my mind;

List of open items
List of colonists and which tasks they are on
List of ongoing "incidents" and who was affected
Etc.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:49 AM   #1331
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Narcizo, Sharkn20 and timmae may decide:
1) Research (offensive, defensive, medical, agricultural)[/color]

Looking for everyone's input on these items. My initial thoughts:

Offensive - Not needed yet. We don't even have our colony in order much less going up against someone else's colony. Could be a long term value if we start now but with so many other things happening is it worth it.

Defensive - This could be worthwhile. If the other landing party is a threat they could come after us.

EF, can you verify the size of the ship compared to us?

Medical - With Chief being injured this could be a huge time save for anyone who is injured. I also suspect that those of us that are weaker than the others will be affected by health issues more than the others. This could be good or bad depending what side of the fence you are on.

Agricultural - This would help food production but how much of a need is there with the biodome up and running? We'll see soon. This could be a quick 1 day turnaround if we need to improve food rations. Less of a priority in my mind.

Please discuss. Looking for others' thoughts on this.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:51 AM   #1332
Grover
Pro Starter

So our next engineering project... looking for feedback.

Choices:
Improve Communications - I am for this, but I think we need to fix communications before this becomes an option. That's why my choice for next job is to fix communications. We need an uplink with Earth again.

Improved Generator - Better power supply, could be very useful since we have more and more systems going.

Improved Science Center - Another good option, but do we need to upgrade right away?

_________

Some other thoughts: We need to keep Chief alive to see if he has any idea who may have done this to him. It could provide a clue to the stowaway or Schmidty's killer.

Old 02-20-2015, 09:03 AM   #1333
timmae
College Starter

Engineering thoughts...

Communications could be key... knowledge of what we are up against, what can be done, any surrounding events, etc from earth. Also colonists history and possible feedback on stowaway. This is my #1 choice.

Generator - Could be good but not a need item at this point.

Science Center - I would love this to happen but again not a need item at this point.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:14 AM   #1334
Grover
Pro Starter

timmae - as far as your research projects go, I think defense should be the top priority. We need to protect ourselves before we go out on the offensive and leave the base vulnerable.

this is starting to feel like X-Com. I like that.

Old 02-20-2015, 09:16 AM   #1335
Sharkn20
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmae View Post
Looking for everyone's input on these items. My initial thoughts:

Offensive - Not needed yet. We don't even have our colony in order much less going up against someone else's colony. Could be a long term value if we start now but with so many other things happening is it worth it.

Defensive - This could be worthwhile. If the other landing party is a threat they could come after us.

EF, can you verify the size of the ship compared to us?

Medical - With Chief being injured this could be a huge time save for anyone who is injured. I also suspect that those of us that are weaker than the others will be affected by health issues more than the others. This could be good or bad depending what side of the fence you are on.

Agricultural - This would help food production but how much of a need is there with the biodome up and running? We'll see soon. This could be a quick 1 day turnaround if we need to improve food rations. Less of a priority in my mind.

Please discuss. Looking for others' thoughts on this.

I would like to start with the defensive, man.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:21 AM   #1336
DanGarion
Coordinator

I highly suggest DEFENSE.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:23 AM   #1337
DanGarion
Coordinator

Vote Next Project - Medical Facility
Vote Action - Next Project
Old 02-20-2015, 09:29 AM   #1338
timmae
College Starter

Vote Next Project - Medical Facility
Vote Action - Next Project
Old 02-20-2015, 09:49 AM   #1339
timmae
College Starter

Are we starting to spread the troops thin? Between the landing craft, biodome, research center, treating injuries, guarding solar collectors (are we doing this??) and other stuff (death being the ultimate drain) I am very confused/concerned about labor resources. Can someone track this as we are going? Is this a concern for the group? I am most paranoid about voting for action items that will further drain the staff we have available.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:55 AM   #1340
Grover
Pro Starter

We have three guys in the research center, I know that.

I know myself, Jackal and saldana helped BUILD the Biodome, but are we effectively still working in it? Is anybody working it?

Old 02-20-2015, 10:03 AM   #1341
timmae
College Starter

The build may be over... do we have to staff it then? I assume so.. unless you engineers developed a robot to handle our tasks (get started if not!), lol..
Old 02-20-2015, 10:10 AM   #1342
timmae
College Starter

Fontisian (LEADER)SOCIAL (GREAT), SCIENTIFIC (GOOD), MEDICAL (GOOD), PHYSICAL (GOOD), college history professor
DanGarionSOCIAL (GREAT) PHYSICAL (GOOD) MEDICAL (BELOW AVERAGE), ENGINEERING (BELOW AVERAGE), SCIENTIFIC (AWFUL) lead large group of succ. people. "well liked", Democratic
Zinto - CEO
Suicane - PHYSICAL (GOOD), retired politician with history of public service
CrimsonfoxSOCIAL (GOOD), PHYSICAL (GOOD?) , SCIENTIFIC (BELOW AVERAGE) , automechanic,
timmae (PRIMARY SCIENTIST)SCIENTIFIC (GREAT), ENGINEERING (GOOD), PHYSICAL (AWFUL) studied science his whole life, "engineering type"
RavenSCIENTIFIC (GOOD), PHYSICAL (GOOD) farmer. strong science background.
NarcizoSCIENTIFIC (GREAT), SOCIAL (OK), MEDICAL (OK) PHYSICAL (BELOW AVERAGE) chemist. bit of experience running small scale facility
SharkN20, SCIENTIFIC (GREAT), SOCIAL (GOOD) ENGINEERING (BELOW AVERAGE), PHYSICAL (AWFUL), professional gamer that used my life to develop your skills
GoldenEagleSCIENTIFIC (GREAT), ENGINEERING (GREAT)computer programmer, proposes deep analysis for scientific purposes
AutumnMEDICAL (GREAT) doctor and chief of staff at Boston general
Chief Rum (PRIMARY DOCTOR)MEDICAL (GREAT), ENGINEERING (AWFUL) worked in ER
ntndeaconMEDICAL (GREAT), ENGINEERING (BAD) EMT, but not a doctor
bitrockPHYSICAL (GREAT) SOCIAL (GOOD) ENGINEERING (AWFUL) police officer. record isn't perfect, and physical capability can sometimes cloud higher-order processes.
thomkal (SHERRIFF)SOCIAL (GREAT), PHYSICAL (GREAT), MEDICAL (LOW), ENGINEERING (BELOW AVERAGE), SCIENTIFIC (BELOW AVERAGE)retired Army general. primary concerns safety
shoveler - Private investigator
JAGPHYSICAL (GREAT), SOCIAL (GOOD), highschool football coach. experience leading and training
JackalENGINEERING (GREAT), SCIENTIFIC (GOOD), PHYSICAL (BELOW AVERAGE) MIT Prof of Engineering
Grover (PRIMARY ENGINEER)ENGINEERING (GOOD), SCIENTIFIC(GOOD), PHYSICAL (AVERAGE) 2 yrs as engineer on ISS. prof. astronaut, enginer and scientist by trade. leader of ISS mission. has lived in space
saldanaENGINEERING (GREAT), SOCIAL (GOOD), pHYSICAL (AVERAGE), MEDICAL (BAD), SCIENTIFIC (BAD) city planner
Danny ENGINEERING (GREAT), SCIENTIFIC (GREAT), MEDICAL (GOOD), PHYSICAL (BELOW AVERAGE), SOCIAL (BAD)
Schmidty

Staffing:
Research Center - Timmae, Narcizo, SharkN20
Biodome - Need to staff?
Doctors (treating others) -
Government Building construction - Need 3 resources to complete for Day 4 benefit
Medical Facility Construction (if approved Action) - Build crew
Medical (need to be treated) - Chief Rum (serious, no action), Danny (critical, no action)
Old 02-20-2015, 10:11 AM   #1343
timmae
College Starter

I guess I should remove schmidty. Poor guy...
Old 02-20-2015, 10:13 AM   #1344
timmae
College Starter

Do we need to promote a new primary doctor until Chief gets better?
Old 02-20-2015, 10:15 AM   #1345
Grover
Pro Starter

Feel like EF would tell us when it needs to be staffed

Old 02-20-2015, 10:20 AM   #1346
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Wasn't GoldenEagle asking to be part of the Research Staff for some secret project?

FYI I never mentioned any sort of secret project. All I was saying that I am the best at the combination of science and engineering. That is why I should have been appointed primary engineer and why should have without a doubt been sent to the research center.
Old 02-20-2015, 10:22 AM   #1347
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I wouldn't do that font, we don't know how good GE's science is, on the master table he's listed as good(?) while others are "great".

This master list is complete reliant on what people say their skills are. Some could be completely making it up to better server their purpose. I realize this is a pot meet kettle situation, but I have the background as a computer programmer.
Old 02-20-2015, 10:23 AM   #1348
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
I also find it interesting that Eagle was going for the Engineer spot originally while claiming he's better in Science.

I explained this. This is mars. We need science through engineering to determine what works best on a planet that we have no clue what we are doing on.
Old 02-20-2015, 10:25 AM   #1349
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
but I have the background as a computer programmer.

So you could be a Microsoft employee or an amateur hacker.

Old 02-20-2015, 10:30 AM   #1350
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmae View Post
Golden.... I think your hesitancy to provide your back story hurt you a bit... it's not to say that you won't earn that trust but it affected the outcome.

I don't want to get to deep into my background. I already feel like I have made myself target. We all have our reasons for going to Mars. I don't see anyone else divulging that information.