Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-20-2015, 10:38 AM   #1351
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
I don't want to get to deep into my background. I already feel like I have made myself target. We all have our reasons for going to Mars. I don't see anyone else divulging that information.

GE, while I understand the answer and your position just be aware that the answer in and of itself may dictate certain precautions by the group. I do applaud you for being honest about what you can provide rather than making up a tall tale.
Old 02-20-2015, 10:39 AM   #1352
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
I don't want to get to deep into my background. I already feel like I have made myself target. We all have our reasons for going to Mars. I don't see anyone else divulging that information.

Which makes it seem like you have something to hide.

Yes, I'm sure all of us have something to hide, but you've been so incredibly sparse with what you do that you make yourself that much more suspicious. That may be why anybody (or Font) is hesitant to put you on an important job.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 10:47 AM   #1353
The Jackal
Coordinator

vote next project
vote medical center
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 10:49 AM   #1354
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'd definitely lean towards defense for research

As far as the engineering task goes, I'd think a generator would be pretty useful. I do wonder if focusing on communications would give people the ability to PM, or perhaps would potentially open up EF to share more info in terms of messages from earth or overhearing communications or some such.
Old 02-20-2015, 10:50 AM   #1355
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I'd definitely lean towards defense for research

As far as the engineering task goes, I'd think a generator would be pretty useful. I do wonder if focusing on communications would give people the ability to PM, or perhaps would potentially open up EF to share more info in terms of messages from earth or overhearing communications or some such.

Agreed. Though in terms of communications, I'm wondering would it be wiser to repair our broken down communications before attempting to enhance what we can't use.

Old 02-20-2015, 10:51 AM   #1356
Grover
Pro Starter

Also, Jackal, would you be willing to work on the generators project if that's the direction I choose for us to go in?

Old 02-20-2015, 10:51 AM   #1357
The Jackal
Coordinator

Improved generator, that is. I think the upgraded science center would be a luxury this early when we've still got communications to worry about as well as supporting vital life functions and structures via the generator.
Old 02-20-2015, 10:51 AM   #1358
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
Agreed. Though in terms of communications, I'm wondering would it be wiser to repair our broken down communications before attempting to enhance what we can't use.

That's a fair thought - would suck to choose that as the improvement and then have it not work if the communications aren't repaired first.
Old 02-20-2015, 10:53 AM   #1359
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Also, Jackal, would you be willing to work on the generators project if that's the direction I choose for us to go in?

Yes
Old 02-20-2015, 10:57 AM   #1360
The Jackal
Coordinator

To me, while I do think communications are important, we're working with more of a known impact for medical (keeping us alive, relevant to the health stat, could allow medical personnel to choose focuses). With communications we expect there to be benefits for completing a project but we don't really know what they'd be.
Old 02-20-2015, 11:05 AM   #1361
Zinto
College Starter

Grover is your communications option to fix them when you upgrade them?
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 11:06 AM   #1362
Zinto
College Starter

We probably need to get our medical facility up and running because it seems more and more of us are going to face some unfortunate "accidents" going forward.
Old 02-20-2015, 11:08 AM   #1363
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Vote: Next Project - Medical Facility
Shoveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 11:12 AM   #1364
Zinto
College Starter

With Danny being MIA we probably need to pour our medical resources into Chief Rum and try to get him better.
Old 02-20-2015, 11:13 AM   #1365
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
With Danny being MIA we probably need to pour our medical resources into Chief Rum and try to get him better.

I concur, but even when we did that to schmidty we lost him to a murderer. So he needs to be protected if that is possible.
Old 02-20-2015, 11:16 AM   #1366
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Grover is your communications option to fix them when you upgrade them?

I have not received any information that would lead me to believe that is the case.

Old 02-20-2015, 11:17 AM   #1367
Zinto
College Starter

We should try to group three people onto Chief. I see the options for doctor looking something like this:

1. Autumn, NTN and another person work on Chief or Danny while letting the other be healed by less accomplished doctors
2. We split up Autumn and NTN and send two others on Danny or Chief
Old 02-20-2015, 11:18 AM   #1368
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
We should try to group three people onto Chief. I see the options for doctor looking something like this:

1. Autumn, NTN and another person work on Chief or Danny while letting the other be healed by less accomplished doctors
2. We split up Autumn and NTN and send two others on Danny or Chief

Well unless you want to let Danny die he will need someone proficient on him, he was the one in critical condition.

I would agree that we should put more medical resources on CR however, given that danny is MIA.
Old 02-20-2015, 11:19 AM   #1369
Zinto
College Starter

Accidentally hit post on that one

3. We put Autumn and NTN on Danny or Chief and leave the other hurt
4. We put Autumn and NTN on Danny or Chief and put a couple of less accomplished doctors on the other

I am leaning towards option one and putting two other people on Danny to try and keep him from critical condition.
Old 02-20-2015, 11:21 AM   #1370
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoveler View Post
Well unless you want to let Danny die he will need someone proficient on him, he was the one in critical condition.

I would agree that we should put more medical resources on CR however, given that danny is MIA.

Good point. I didn't look back at their health situations. I still think we need to put most of our resources on CR.
Old 02-20-2015, 11:24 AM   #1371
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Not sure if anyone has time, but would be interesting to look at the people who were constructing D0, D1, and D2. D0 and D2, we got within three units of putting the building together, D1, we managed to complete the full building in a day. Could be lots of reasons for it, but it might give us insight as to who we should place on building stuff if possible.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 11:25 AM   #1372
Grover
Pro Starter

Appoint Jackal on engineering work to improve generators

Old 02-20-2015, 11:26 AM   #1373
Zinto
College Starter

Hypothetically the job distribution could look something like:

Finish the government building: Britrock, JAG, Suicane
Help Chief: Autumn, NTN
Help Danny: Zinto, Font, ?
Do the task we decide for the day: The remaining people
Old 02-20-2015, 11:27 AM   #1374
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Well, if Danny doesn't show up, I assume he's going to be killed off and it's moot. If he does, then yeah, that might be an idea Zinto. Do we have anyone else with at least adequate medical skills?
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 11:27 AM   #1375
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
FYI I never mentioned any sort of secret project. All I was saying that I am the best at the combination of science and engineering. That is why I should have been appointed primary engineer and why should have without a doubt been sent to the research center.

I will look back to see where I got this from, but my apologies if I was incorrect.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 11:35 AM   #1376
Raven
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
This is suspicious considering the action we voted on was to expedite the "next project" process. If we had assigned people to do the construction, and they were inadequate, I could see this as a possibility, but that wasn't the case.
Since Chief was attacked, I doubt our stowaway had 2 actions tonight. I'm wondering if someone else has been compromised and they are responsible for this delay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Research will yield in one day, unless their is something that causes it to be delayed.

The Government building being delayed remains suspicious to me. We expedited the building process and it still did not get completed. Maybe we just got bad dice rolls, or maybe there is someone delaying the construction of that building...
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 11:35 AM   #1377
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Well, if Danny doesn't show up, I assume he's going to be killed off and it's moot. If he does, then yeah, that might be an idea Zinto. Do we have anyone else with at least adequate medical skills?

Thom and DG seem to have some ability (albeit below average). Font could be another but how does that affect her leadership status? Maybe it doesn't..

I would recommend putting our most valuable resources on Chief. Without him we have an even worse go of it medically. I would recommend the following:

Help Chief: Autumn, NTN, Font
Help Danny: Zinto, Thomkal, Dan Garion
Research Center - Timmae, Narcizo, SharkN20
Do the task we decide for the day: rest
Old 02-20-2015, 11:36 AM   #1378
Thomkal
Head Coach

Just a quick check in here-I will comment on Grover's and Timmae's questions later.

Raven-I'm sorry you haven't been given the chance to do much yet, but I ask that you do not give in to attempts to recruit you or agree to do things that would harm the colony and/or its members just so you can be "doing things". Especially if it would be against your characters goals here to do so.
Old 02-20-2015, 11:37 AM   #1379
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
The Government building being delayed remains suspicious to me. We expedited the building process and it still did not get completed. Maybe we just got bad dice rolls, or maybe there is someone delaying the construction of that building...

Could be something we need to worry about but my take was that it is because of the production we were able to throw at it. With people dying, off doing other things, caring for injured, etc. the production value isn't there. Again, just a hunch.

Do we have a possible timeline of what the Stowaway has done thus far?

I am away most of the afternoon and evening but will check back in sporadically. Unfortunately I will not be in a position to review past posts much so it will just be real time thoughts.
Old 02-20-2015, 11:39 AM   #1380
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmae View Post
Thom and DG seem to have some ability (albeit below average). Font could be another but how does that affect her leadership status? Maybe it doesn't..

I would recommend putting our most valuable resources on Chief. Without him we have an even worse go of it medically. I would recommend the following:

Help Chief: Autumn, NTN, Font
Help Danny: Zinto, Thomkal, Dan Garion
Research Center - Timmae, Narcizo, SharkN20
Do the task we decide for the day: rest

Unfortunately as much as I would like to help Danny with my pitiful Medical skill, I cannot do so tonight.
Old 02-20-2015, 11:43 AM   #1381
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

I agree with you on this-could you perhaps look into the voting records and comments about the govt being created to see who has been consistently against it? Very likely our stowaway/others working against the colony being built will have voted against it/openly spoke about promoting other areas over the creation of the govt. Thanks if you can do this for us.
Old 02-20-2015, 11:49 AM   #1382
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I'm not convinved that we need defence straightaway. I'm thinking that we load up on offence so that we can send out scouts without them being sitting-ducks. Then while they're off scouting we up the defence to deal with anything they might upset while they're off scouting. Just my feeling though so I'm happy to do along with the general consensus if it leans to defence.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 11:50 AM   #1383
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Unfortunately as much as I would like to help Danny with my pitiful Medical skill, I cannot do so tonight.

What... is it date night with an extra-terrestrial you recently met?! What do you have going on Mars that you can't help ole' Danny boy out?! Please tell more...
Old 02-20-2015, 11:52 AM   #1384
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I agree with you on this-could you perhaps look into the voting records and comments about the govt being created to see who has been consistently against it? Very likely our stowaway/others working against the colony being built will have voted against it/openly spoke about promoting other areas over the creation of the govt. Thanks if you can do this for us.

The problem with that is that, I imagine, it falls foul of a lot of people personal objectives. Anyone who had/has an aim to build a different facility will have been opposed to it. There's the risk of mixing personal objectives with the stowaway's objectives. But I agree that it might be interesting.
Old 02-20-2015, 11:53 AM   #1385
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmae View Post
What... is it date night with an extra-terrestrial you recently met?! What do you have going on Mars that you can't help ole' Danny boy out?! Please tell more...

he has other obligations..
Old 02-20-2015, 11:56 AM   #1386
timmae
College Starter

I'd love to see a list of who's doing what and/or who is unaccounted for.
Old 02-20-2015, 11:56 AM   #1387
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Checking in from the Martian soil in the Biodome (since we haven't built a medical center with hospital beds).

I would like to know why Sheriff Thomkal felt it necessary to interrogate me Jack Bauer style.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 11:57 AM   #1388
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:

THIS!

And are people currently putting their faith in the biodome to give us food because I'm starting to worry that three days without food is going to start impacting our abilities pretty drastically (if it hasn't already). I can see a potential exponential increase in the damage being caused as well. Is everyone OK with that?
Old 02-20-2015, 11:58 AM   #1389
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Checking in from the Martian soil in the Biodome (since we haven't built a medical center with hospital beds).

I would like to know why Sheriff Thomkal felt it necessary to interrogate me Jack Bauer style.

You're saying that Thomkal was responsible for your current injuries? In which case count me among the interested.
Old 02-20-2015, 11:59 AM   #1390
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:

Probably because we don't have enough water for water-boarding.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:02 PM   #1391
Zinto
College Starter

So I assume Thomkal is going to be busy tonight because he is going to be beating up people.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:03 PM   #1392
Zinto
College Starter

How many people do you think it would take to heal you up Chief?
Old 02-20-2015, 12:08 PM   #1393
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:

Hmmm.

I was wondering if this was a possibility for your injuries.

But is this the truth, or does CR have an ulterior motive for pinning this on Thomkal?

Old 02-20-2015, 12:11 PM   #1394
Grover
Pro Starter

Then again CR did vote for Thomkal. However, Thomkal did not vote for CR as Doctor.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:15 PM   #1395
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
How many people do you think it would take to heal you up Chief?

I like this question. Do we know how many HP a doctor can heal? I would assume Skill Level = X amount of HP healed per day.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:19 PM   #1396
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I will look back to see where I got this from, but my apologies if I was incorrect.

I am a bit suspicious of you at this point. You make up some story while you have our leaders attention that prevents the decision making of putting the best scientist/engineer in the research center.

That sounds almost like sabotaging.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:22 PM   #1397
Raven
College Prospect

Quote:
I like this question. Do we know how many HP a doctor can heal? I would assume Skill Level = X amount of HP healed per day.

Probably more like (x1 + x2 + ...) - (z)
Where the left side is the cumulative effect of all doctors working on him, and the right side (z) is some negative impact of injury. So if not enough doctors are assigned to him, he could get worse (and potentially die).
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 12:28 PM   #1398
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Probably more like (x1 + x2 + ...) - (z)
Where the left side is the cumulative effect of all doctors working on him, and the right side (z) is some negative impact of injury. So if not enough doctors are assigned to him, he could get worse (and potentially die).

Right. I wasn't thinking it was a straight Doctor A has 10 skill and can heal for 10 health in one day. Obviously this is a dice game here (I assume) and there are modifiers coming into effect.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:29 PM   #1399
Autumn
Head Coach

I think NTN and I both need to be on Chief for sure. Even with all three? of us on Schmidty he didn't get much better, and I assume that will continue to be the case until we get better supplies and facilities.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 12:31 PM   #1400
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

Oh boy.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote