Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-17-2015, 01:12 AM   #301
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Game On

Day zero deadline is 10 PM EST.

For the decisions please make your votes in one post (all votes). If you wish to change a vote , repost your votes and highlight the unvote and revote change.

Example:

Code:
Leader EagleFan Scientist SkyDog Engineer Wignasty Sherriff jbmagic Doctor Hornsmaniac Project Biodome

seriously I want to meet these Skydogs, Wignasty, and Hornsmaniac cats. They sound like hoopy froods that I want to party with!
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 01:18 AM   #302
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Danny, you are sooooooo behind in posting.
Old 02-17-2015, 01:20 AM   #303
DanGarion
Coordinator

Don't know who Danny is... since I don't go by that it must not be me. But I don't post here much anymore since I don't play well with the mods at times and I have a almost 2 year old at home now.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 01:25 AM   #304
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
Don't know who Danny is... since I don't go by that it must not be me. But I don't post here much anymore since I don't play well with the mods at times and I have a almost 2 year old at home now.

no. Danny is Danny.
DanGarion is Dan Garion
And
Old 02-17-2015, 01:26 AM   #305
DanGarion
Coordinator

I haven't seen Danny post at all so I just figured you were talking to me...
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 03:07 AM   #306
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post

You should hang with me then. Me and the mods are really TIGHT!
Old 02-17-2015, 05:35 AM   #307
Grover
Pro Starter

Leader DanGarion
Scientist timmae
Engineer Grover
Sheriff Thomkal
Doctor Chief Rum
Project Biodome

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 05:38 AM   #308
Grover
Pro Starter

So a little bit more about me, because I was asked. I'm a professional astronaut, an engineer and scientist by trade. I voluntarily spent two years working on the ISS, mostly because I thought it would be a once in a lifetime opportunity. However, it looks like it was a twice in a lifetime opportunity as I'm now heading for Mars with all of you.

I voted Biodome, because I think this is a more important factor than setting up a true government at the moment. We can do that once everyone is settled. There's only 21 (22?) of us and I'm not worried about massive arguments breaking out and anarchy reigning on Mars. We have time. I still feel as if I would be the idea leader for our government. I can teach you things about space that most of the rest of you wouldn't know. I was the leader of my ISS mission and can be your leader on Mars. I can settle for being the engineer on this first project though. We need that biodome. We need it quick.

Old 02-17-2015, 06:06 AM   #309
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of post 308

Leader
DanGarion 3 - timmae (247), DanGarion (296), Grover (307)
fontisian 2 - Shoveler (246), fontisian (292)
Thomkal 1 - CrimsonFox (297)
Zinto 1 - Zinto (265)
CrimsonFox 1 - britrock88 (210)
No Vote 1 - Thomkal (231)

Scientist
timmae 6 - britrock88 (210), Shoveler (246), timmae (247), DanGarion (296), CrimsonFox (297), Grover (307)
Raven 2 - Zinto (265), fontisian (292)

Engineer
Grover 8 - britrock88 (210), Shoveler (246), timmae (247), Zinto (265), fontisian (292), DanGarion (296), CrimsonFox (297), Grover (307)

Sherriff
britrock88 4 - britrock88 (210), Zinto (265), fontisian (292), CrimsonFox (297)
Thomkal 2 - DanGarion (296), Grover (307)
Shoveler 2 - Shoveler (246), timmae (247)

Doctor
Chief Rum 5 - Shoveler (246), timmae (247), fontisian (292), DanGarion (296), Grover (307)
Autumn 3 - britrock88 (210), Thomkal (231), Zinto (265)
ntndeacon 1 - CrimsonFox (297)

Project
Government 5 - britrock88 (210), Shoveler (246), timmae (247), Zinto (265), fontisian (292)
Biodome 4 - Thomkal (231), DanGarion (296), CrimsonFox (297), Grover (307)

Yet to Vote
Autumn, Chief Rum, The Jackal, Suicane75, Schmidty, ntndeacon, JAG, saldana, GoldenEagle, Raven, Danny, Narcizo, SharkN20

Last edited by EagleFan : 02-17-2015 at 06:10 AM.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 06:07 AM   #310
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Not really a fantastic lot to go on really. As far as I can see all we really can make any informed decision on is the leader. The other roles are probably largely ability-related. I had a natural wariness of people pushing themselves to the forefront too much but based on my own goals I can see why they would want to.

I am tempted to vote fontisian as leader because I feel that, as a cutting-edge extraterrestial colony, we need a tall, honourable, sword-wielding woman in charge.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 06:25 AM   #311
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Surprised that Government is ahead of Biodome at the moment. I guess/hope it's a result of people being used to voting and whatnot in Werewolf games and wanting to make sure that we can all do that. But how much governing does 22 people need? Surely we need to ensure that we're able to survive self-sufficently more that than anything else. As such my votes will be landing on people voting for the biodome. Having said that I wonder if I'm the only one I find Grover's back-story to be a little bit too good to be true. But I was always a cynic. Still I suppose when you have the B Ark likes of a history professor and a retired politician you have to have some people who are actually pretty useful.
Old 02-17-2015, 06:36 AM   #312
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

huh it's that close? okay then

Change one vote:
Leader-> CrimsonFox
Old 02-17-2015, 06:36 AM   #313
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Hi Narcizo
How's scotland treating you
Old 02-17-2015, 06:37 AM   #314
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Not really a fantastic lot to go on really. As far as I can see all we really can make any informed decision on is the leader. The other roles are probably largely ability-related. I had a natural wariness of people pushing themselves to the forefront too much but based on my own goals I can see why they would want to.

I am tempted to vote fontisian as leader because I feel that, as a cutting-edge extraterrestial colony, we need a tall, honourable, sword-wielding woman in charge.

then why didn't we vote for saldana?
(sorry couldn't resist )
Old 02-17-2015, 06:43 AM   #315
Zinto
College Starter

I am not sure why the people making a case for the biodome are making it seem like it is the only viable option. And as Jag pointed out EF implied that all of the options are open to us and we aren't going to instantly die without one of them.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 06:49 AM   #316
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Chief of WHAT Staff for autumn?
Was he the guy on West WIng?

Hah. I will clarify, that I was Chief of Staff of Boston General. I know how to run an entire medical facility, manage doctors and get things built and running. I'm sure NTN and Chief are great at medicine, and it seems from the rules that we will have multiple people working on medical tasks when needed, so that will help. But I think I make best sense to lead the facility. Vote where you want though, I don't get any particular bonus by being in charge.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 06:49 AM   #317
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of post 315

Leader
fontisian 2 - Shoveler (246), fontisian (292)
CrimsonFox 2 - britrock88 (210), CrimsonFox (312)
Zinto 1 - Zinto (265)

Scientist
timmae 6 - britrock88 (210), Shoveler (246), timmae (247), DanGarion (296), CrimsonFox (297), Grover (307)
Raven 2 - Zinto (265), fontisian (292)

Engineer
Grover 8 - britrock88 (210), Shoveler (246), timmae (247), Zinto (265), fontisian (292), DanGarion (296), CrimsonFox (297), Grover (307)

Sherriff
britrock88 4 - britrock88 (210), Zinto (265), fontisian (292), CrimsonFox (297)
Thomkal 2 - DanGarion (296), Grover (307)

Doctor
Chief Rum 5 - Shoveler (246), timmae (247), fontisian (292), DanGarion (296), Grover (307)
Autumn 3 - britrock88 (210), Thomkal (231), Zinto (265)

Project
Government 5 - britrock88 (210), Shoveler (246), timmae (247), Zinto (265), fontisian (292)
Biodome 4 - Thomkal (231), DanGarion (296), CrimsonFox (297), Grover (307)

Yet to Vote
Autumn, Chief Rum, The Jackal, Suicane75, Schmidty, ntndeacon, JAG, saldana, GoldenEagle, Raven, Danny, Narcizo, SharkN20
Old 02-17-2015, 06:53 AM   #318
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
To be fair I am sure the reason you started the game wanting to be the doctor is the same I want to be the leader. I will gain a benefit that will help the team if I become the leader and I think that is a better reason than voting for JAG who may get a benefit from becoming the sheriff.

No, I only started the game wanting to be doctor because my role suggests I'd be the best at it. I do not get any benefit, and so I am hesitant to vote for those who say they do without knowing more about that.
Old 02-17-2015, 06:59 AM   #319
Autumn
Head Coach

Leader Fontisian
Scientist Raven
Engineer Grover
Sheriff JAG
Doctor Autumn
Project Biodome
Old 02-17-2015, 07:10 AM   #320
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
No, I only started the game wanting to be doctor because my role suggests I'd be the best at it. I do not get any benefit, and so I am hesitant to vote for those who say they do without knowing more about that.

Odd that you voted Font for leader right after saying this as she has came out and claimed having an ability that will be beneficial if she becomes the leader
Old 02-17-2015, 07:14 AM   #321
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
other "science items"? again this does not sound like a warming endorsement. Were you a teacher? A chemist? a Geologist? just read a book on it?
and yeah not to pick on you or anything

Lol, science items was just my term... Trying not to quote exact statements from my PM in order to play by the rules. I have studied science all of my life... (that is all I have to go on at this point). I do think that it must be legit as my skill rating there is quite good. To me this states I can't really be a full whack job but we don't know what EF has in store for us. I think my scientific skill will help the scientific group either way as EF explained the connections but having high attributes in your key category should help the entire group I would think.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:14 AM   #322
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
then why didn't we vote for saldana?
(sorry couldn't resist )

I see what you did there. Nicely played!
Old 02-17-2015, 07:17 AM   #323
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmae View Post
Lol, science items was just my term... Trying not to quote exact statements from my PM in order to play by the rules. I have studied science all of my life... (that is all I have to go on at this point). I do think that it must be legit as my skill rating there is quite good. To me this states I can't really be a full whack job but we don't know what EF has in store for us. I think my scientific skill will help the scientific group either way as EF explained the connections but having high attributes in your key category should help the entire group I would think.

You are a college science student?
Old 02-17-2015, 07:25 AM   #324
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Poor Zinto...
People say NO to the C E O
Old 02-17-2015, 07:26 AM   #325
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Poor Zinto...
People say NO to the C E O

This is why I chose DanGarion. I feel that Zinto is a corporate shark, out chiefly for his own interests and profit. That is not a leader we can trust.

Old 02-17-2015, 07:28 AM   #326
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
His early push for government against the then group goal of a biodome felt excessive, like he was going more for his own goals than the goals of the colony.

Fair enough, however, in my own defense the biodome group felt like they were gaining momentum and that project could snowball into the majority before any other projects were discussed. An excessive statement for something other than the biodome felt appropriate.

Was the biome the best option at the time? Perhaps, but I would have rather seen all options discussed than having mindless consensus on one option.
Shoveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 07:28 AM   #327
Zinto
College Starter

I guess that is the price of being honest with your constituents
Old 02-17-2015, 07:31 AM   #328
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
I guess that is the price of being honest with your constituents

or maybe because the last time you were leader, you led all the engineers into no man's land to die
Old 02-17-2015, 07:31 AM   #329
Zinto
College Starter

There is almost no way that I am going to be voting CF or Font as our leader. Their previous job history just doesn't mesh with being the leader of a new colony.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:32 AM   #330
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Sheriff Thomkal
Old 02-17-2015, 07:32 AM   #331
Zinto
College Starter

I also don't know why we are just dismissing the idea that social will impact the leader role. It seems like one of the stats will have a big impact on all the roles.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:33 AM   #332
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
or maybe because the last time you were leader, you led all the engineers into no man's land to die

To be fair that was a past life and I was controlled by some kind of spawn.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:34 AM   #333
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

there are still a bunch of people who haven't told us what they are or what they want to run for too. So there's time to switch
Old 02-17-2015, 07:37 AM   #334
saldana
Pro Starter

wow...i am at a bit of a loss to understand why there are almost half the votes cast for people to fill positions before THE OTHER HALF of the people playing have even shown up and declared their roles...deadline is not until 2000 hours tonight, and the first post said the game started TODAY (hence, my arrival here today)
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 07:37 AM   #335
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Odd that you voted Font for leader right after saying this as she has came out and claimed having an ability that will be beneficial if she becomes the leader

Well I was voting based on who has some votes already, so my options were limited. Reading her posts, I felt comfortable with her approach to things. Clearly there's some mechanics I don't know about yet and some of you do.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:38 AM   #336
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
I also don't know why we are just dismissing the idea that social will impact the leader role. It seems like one of the stats will have a big impact on all the roles.

Just because someone is personable, doesn't make them a good leader.

Old 02-17-2015, 07:38 AM   #337
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

I am dismissing it so far just because EF made a clear post about what the stats do, and I don't know why he wouldn't have said that in the post if it were true.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:38 AM   #338
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
wow...i am at a bit of a loss to understand why there are almost half the votes cast for people to fill positions before THE OTHER HALF of the people playing have even shown up and declared their roles...deadline is not until 2000 hours tonight, and the first post said the game started TODAY (hence, my arrival here today)

It's either whine about that now, or whine tonight about why a bunch of people never got a vote in. Pick your poison.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:38 AM   #339
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

anxiousness, impatience, excitement...pick one of those
Old 02-17-2015, 07:40 AM   #340
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I am dismissing it so far just because EF made a clear post about what the stats do, and I don't know why he wouldn't have said that in the post if it were true.

To be fair on EF's post none of the skills say anything about any of the elected positions. I don't think it is crazy to line up certain skills with certain jobs.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:42 AM   #341
saldana
Pro Starter

anyway, back on Earth, I was a city planner for a large metropolitan city. Got lots of experience designing and laying out cities and buildings, and would be happy to engineer our new home here.

as far as a mission goes, if we starve to death, it doesnt really matter what kind of government we have...in fact...i kind of wonder what we really need a centralized government for since there are only 21 of us...we need a president in order to handle 21 people?
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 07:43 AM   #342
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of post 337

Leader
fontisian 3 - Shoveler (246), fontisian (292), Autumn (319)
CrimsonFox 2 - britrock88 (210), CrimsonFox (312)
Zinto 1 - Zinto (265)

Scientist
Raven 3 - Zinto (265), fontisian (292), Autumn (319)

Engineer
Grover 9 - britrock88 (210), Shoveler (246), timmae (247), Zinto (265), fontisian (292), DanGarion (296), CrimsonFox (297), Grover (307), Autumn (319)

Sherriff
britrock88 3 - britrock88 (210), Zinto (265), fontisian (292)
Thomkal 3 - DanGarion (296), Grover (307), CrimsonFox (330)
JAG 1 - Autumn (319)

Doctor
Autumn 3 - britrock88 (210), Thomkal (231), Zinto (265), Autumn (319)

Project
Biodome 5 - Thomkal (231), DanGarion (296), CrimsonFox (297), Grover (307), Autumn (319)

Yet to Vote
Chief Rum, The Jackal, Suicane75, Schmidty, ntndeacon, JAG, saldana, GoldenEagle, Raven, Danny, Narcizo, SharkN20
Old 02-17-2015, 07:44 AM   #343
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
as far as a mission goes, if we starve to death, it doesnt really matter what kind of government we have...in fact...i kind of wonder what we really need a centralized government for since there are only 21 of us...we need a president in order to handle 21 people?

Thank you. Surmised perfectly.

This is why the Biodome needs to be our top priority.

Old 02-17-2015, 07:49 AM   #344
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

By the way I'm a chemist. It's difficult to tell but I would imagine that I'm either the best scientist on the mission or close to. I also have a bit of experience of running a small-scale facility. I'm not really sure if I should be up for the prime scientist position given my schedule however.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:50 AM   #345
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Skills

Medical - This will be used when trying to heal players, the better the skill of the lead doctor the better the overall success of healing or treating, as well as the combined average of anyone working in that facility

Engineering - The greater the value, the more effective the designs for the various projects

Physical - The greater the number the player will be able to perform physical tasks better

Scientific - The greater the number of the lead scientist, the greater the discoveries, the average of those working in the scientific research facility will be used as well

Social - The greater the number, the higher the likelihood of "influencing" certain votes

I don't agree. For instance the Medical skill clearly has an effect based on the Medical leader, and the same with science. It is not clear on Engineering because we don't know how plans are drawn up. Sheriff is not strictly related to a particular skill. And there is nothing under Social that hints that leaders will need it--we will have to find out what the votes are, but I wonder if it's actually worse to have a leader with high Social influencing our direction with their vote.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:54 AM   #346
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

So should we be assuming that one of the purported colonists is a saboteur - a "Keep Mars Red" terrorist or something.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:57 AM   #347
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Yeah, it seems natural to link roles to skills 1:1 but there's not really anything to say that that's the case. I think leadership is all about the player commitment and judgement rather than anything else. Social looks like it might act as a tiebreaker or something.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:57 AM   #348
Raven
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmae View Post
Quote:
You are a college science student?

This is the point I was trying to make earlier.We have people voting others into leadership roles, without any attempt to know more about their background. As far as we know, timmae may be a Freshman at Minneapolis Community College who won his 8th grade science fair 5 years ago for building a volcano, and therefore considers himself Bill Nye.

Besides being a farmer, I too have a strong science background. I've done intensive studying my whole life. And while I may not have a fancy college degree to back it up, I have the scientific knowledge to lead the Science group.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 08:02 AM   #349
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

We Salute You

The communication crackles to life. We salute you, the 21 volunteers who have decided to start a new colony on Mars. One day we will send more colonists to further populate the planet. We have left the development of the planet up to your discretion.

You about to begin your descent close to the planet and communication will be disrupted during that time. Once you land you should be able to re-establish connection with us for limited communications.

The world is proud of you. We thank you. Our future as a race may depend upon you. Please take a moment of silence when you land to remember your predecessors. Their sacrifice will not be for nothing.

Thank you all!!!

(Communications go silent)
Old 02-17-2015, 08:04 AM   #350
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
To clarify. You don't have to elect everyone on day zero but that will cause a ripple effect.

Example: if you don't have a leader, any work will be less organized and less efficient. If you don't have an engineer but want to build something the results may not be good. If you don't elect a primary doctor and someone is injured the process of treating that person. IF you don't pick a project, well... then you may deserve to drift away into space...

This is why I think that there is a stat (that it is probably social) that will help whoever is in the leadership role be successful. I think that it isn't so crazy that there will be dice roles using stats for everything we do. If not there is no reason to vote anyone as the leader other than someone for meta reasons. I would be all for Jag at that point.