Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-13-2003, 04:09 PM   #1
Airhog
Captain Obvious

GTA3 Vice City

I finally was able to play some Vice city.

Its a pretty good game, and I like It as well as the original.

I saw alot of people complaining about the helicopter mission, but I was able to finish it first try.

Look for a review of it soon

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!

Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 04:24 PM   #2
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I was curious about this...I find that it is easier to play on the computer rather than PS2...my brother had fits on his PS2 with some missions, which I was able to breeze through on the computer.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 04:39 PM   #3
fflix
Mascot

what kind of controllers are you guys using? (for those playing on pc)

Last edited by fflix : 05-13-2003 at 05:50 PM.
fflix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 04:52 PM   #4
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

I LOVE this game. In fact, I feel it is the best console game ever made.

I finished it with 100% just the other week.

When I first got it, I got through quite a bit on my own, but the missions got pretty tough for me and I started to cheat. After that, I restarted and did not use any cheat codes, but I used a FAQ to find all the hidden packages and jumps and managed to finally complete the entire game.

I'd be interested in hearing your progress.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 04:54 PM   #5
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I'm buying it for the PC...it comes out today.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 05-13-2003, 04:56 PM   #6
andy m
High School Varsity

damn thing isn't out in the UK for 3 more days. gah.
Old 05-13-2003, 07:56 PM   #7
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Just got it, won't be able to play it till tonight after work...but check out the voice cast!?!

Ray Liotta, Tom Sizemore, Dennis Hopper, Burt Reynolds, Philip Michael Thomas, Gary Busey, Lee Majors, Fairuza Balk, Deborah Harry (Blondie), Jenna Jameson, Lawrence Taylor...!!!
Old 05-13-2003, 08:10 PM   #8
AgPete
College Prospect

For those of you that have played both GTAs, is GTA Vice City bigger than GTA3? Are there more missions and a bigger city? I'm thinking about buying it if it offers more than GTA3 did. I liked GTA3 but I think I'll wait for the price to drop if GTA Vice City is pretty similar to GTA3.
AgPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 08:25 PM   #9
RawIsDan
High School JV

The game is out on PC today ?? Sweet.
RawIsDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 08:32 PM   #10
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by AgPete
For those of you that have played both GTAs, is GTA Vice City bigger than GTA3? Are there more missions and a bigger city? I'm thinking about buying it if it offers more than GTA3 did. I liked GTA3 but I think I'll wait for the price to drop if GTA Vice City is pretty similar to GTA3.

The city, even though it is is 2 parts and not 3, is bigger in Vice City. And with the addition of being able to go into buildings like the mall and others, yes it is very big feeling, but yet you are still able to get to know the city very well. The missions are more varied and at certain times you have a wide selection to choose from. I love this game, have not finished it despite having owned it since it first came out on PS2, i play in spurts and refuse to cheat, so it's not because i find the game impossible, altough some missions have given me a LOT of trouble. GET THE GAME!! It is better then GTA3, as hard as that may be to think of.
Old 05-13-2003, 10:59 PM   #11
tucker342
Pro Starter

I got it today for PC.

It is fuckin awesome!
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote