Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-15-2022, 07:33 PM   #1
user name
n00b

Trade Etiquette

Question for the MP community.

Is it considered bad form to offer the same asset to multiple teams and then take the first response that comes back agreeing to your offer?

Sorry if my english is poor

user name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 08:00 AM   #2
QuikSand
lolzcat

Borderline call, but I think the safest approach would be to say that's your plan in the offers...

"I'm trying to trade QB Dunston, and I am approaching several teams simultaneously with firm offers. My offer to you is... "
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 08:12 AM   #3
MIJB#19
Coordinator

I'm kind of with QuikSand here.
Being up front about shopping around is the higher road to take.

What to me is the biggest obligation here is once you strike a deal, you will personally inform all the others that you offered QB Dunston to. You can't expect them to browse through all the published agreed upon trades to find out the player he was expecting to acquire has already been shipped elsewhere.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 01:18 PM   #4
stevew
Hall Of Famer

If you want to offer the asset out to multiple teams, the most fair response would be to say that you're searching for best and final offers due by X time. Say 8-12 hours in the future. Simply taking the first offer when people have real life out there isn't super fair
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 05:05 PM   #5
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
If you want to offer the asset out to multiple teams, the most fair response would be to say that you're searching for best and final offers due by X time. Say 8-12 hours in the future. Simply taking the first offer when people have real life out there isn't super fair

I agree it's not really far to just jump at an offer... but he's saying that you made the offer and received an acceptance of it. I think that's different, and more defensible than what you describe.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 04:16 PM   #6
Dawgfan19
High School JV

I definitely agree that disclosing you are shopping the player is good form. And that also has an advantage for the seller as the information may encourage a better deal if the buyer really wants the player. The buyer knows there is competition - supply and demand.
Dawgfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote