Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-07-2009, 09:09 PM   #301
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

With the exception of 2005 (when he only played 7 games due to injury), T.O had his lowest totals in receptions and yardage since 1999 last year. I wonder how much further he will decline in Buffalo.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:18 PM   #302
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan View Post
I might think that if it resembled a truthful statement.

My bad, I thought I heard that on ESPN earlier today. Should have checked it when I was checking the Eagles contract he got
bhlloy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:20 PM   #303
MizzouCowboy
H.S. Freshman Team

I'd say a lot of his decline in numbers has to do with the fact that Bad Johnson played, well, attempted to play quarterback for 3 games. Add in the fact that Romo could barely throw when he did return and it is no wonder his numbers were down.

I haven't checked any stats, but I'd bet that all the offensive stats were down. The Dallas offense was non-existent at times. Other times they were just flat awful.
MizzouCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:30 PM   #304
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
I think the most worrying thing for the Bills is on a one year deal, TO isn't going to be about the team at all. It's going to be "get me the ball and get me my stats" from the get go. It's not even going to be the "good" TO with a chip on his shoulder you saw the first year in Philly.

He's always been good in year one on any team he has been on. He HAS to play nice this year, or he's done. Period. The interesting contract is next year's after he plays nice this year.
Matthean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:45 PM   #305
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
He's always been good in year one on any team he has been on. He HAS to play nice this year, or he's done. Period. The interesting contract is next year's after he plays nice this year.

Which is why I think it really is a good move on the Bills part. Your rolling the dice, but if it doesn't work out, he's gone at the end of year. No cap hit or bonuses to work out. TO has a lot of play for as well this season.

Last edited by Galaxy : 03-07-2009 at 10:46 PM.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 12:07 AM   #306
stevew
Hall Of Famer

First off. TOs philly deal was garbage. Way too much fluff money. I think it was something realistically like 4 years 20M. I might be a bit off, but it wasn't the most player friendly deal.

His old agent really screwed the pooch cause they didn't opt out in time.

And there's basically no risk here for buffalo. I really like the move.
When he's a fuckhead they just suspend him and air for bonus money.

Its not like they were anything more than .500 before. At least this gets them a chance at 10-6. Jauron's done if they don't make the playoffs. No risk cause your team is mediocre. High reward if he does well.

And I think I'm getting a jersey this time around. I hate his previous 3 teams but am pretty indifferent to the Bills.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:00 AM   #307
RendeR
Coordinator

You are sick bastard if you actually WANT an Owens jersey. The man represents everything that is wrong with the players and their attitudes in Football right now. I'd burn one before I'd ever wear one.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:45 AM   #308
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

He needs something to go along with all those UM, Vikings and Steelers Tyrone Carter jerseys.

Edit-- and Jets? I don't remember that season I guess.

Last edited by Suburban Rhythm : 03-08-2009 at 11:49 AM.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 02:32 PM   #309
Swaggs
Coordinator

I hate Tyrone Carter even more nowadays.

His cousin had verbally committed to WVU and then switched to Minnesota on signing day because TC sold him on it (TC is a Minny alum).

Tyrone must have shown him his car collection or something.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:08 PM   #310
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Uh oh. Hitler is not happy that TO is a Bills

Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:24 PM   #311
Danny
Head Coach

LMAO, I remember that was TO to dallas video a couple years ago, but it's still hysterical.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:37 PM   #312
Galaxy
Coordinator

If TO scores against the Pats (who he'll be facing twice this year), will be his "camera" celebration?

As a Bills fan, I'm really like this move, provided that it's just an one-year deal. For a team that hasn't been to the playoffs for nearly a decade and coming off three 7-9 seasons, it gives a franchise that seems like it settles to medocrity some buzz and a willingness to take chances.

On the field, it gives us two great receivers. Lee Evans was always double team and limited in what he can do and with no other receiver to help him, it just killed our offense. This will finally give our passing game a real chance to make plays and respect the receivers. This can only help the running game with Lynch and Jackson. Depending on where we go in the draft and if Edwards can take that next step, it looks good.

If TO is becomes a distraction, he's gone after the year. With 99.9% of Bills' fan wanting the coaching staff gone at the end of last year, it puts them in the hot seat for sure.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:32 PM   #313
RendeR
Coordinator

If the Bills don't make the playoffs you can get ready for another 3-6 mediocre years because the entire coaching staff will get shitcanned.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:26 PM   #314
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

so this story about the guy who worked for the Eagles got canned for a facebook post he made criticizing the Eagles for letting Dawkins go.

My opinion aside, I really wish someone would educate the talking heads on ESPN. I have heard at least 3 of them say he deserved if for posting that on a public site, which facebook most definantly is not. The only people who can access his profile are his friends, who he has to authorize, which changes the whole aspect of the story.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:36 PM   #315
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
so this story about the guy who worked for the Eagles got canned for a facebook post he made criticizing the Eagles for letting Dawkins go.

My opinion aside, I really wish someone would educate the talking heads on ESPN. I have heard at least 3 of them say he deserved if for posting that on a public site, which facebook most definantly is not. The only people who can access his profile are his friends, who he has to authorize, which changes the whole aspect of the story.

Someone who is in his network (like Philadelphia) would be able to get access to his profile even without being friends with him, assuming he didn't change his default settings.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:38 PM   #316
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

with the caveat that it depends on his profile settings. It is possible that his wall posts were visible to anyone on the tubes.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:47 PM   #317
Logan
Head Coach

Still, it would be pretty surprising if someone happened to come across that...my guess is he's friends with people from work, including some kind of supervisor who saw it and said something, or someone mentioned it casually to a higher-up not expecting it to crash down on the guy.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 01:16 PM   #318
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Hitler: "I'll get my popcorn ready." Nice way to end the video.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 05:51 PM   #319
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
The Rams cut loose Orlando Pace.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:30 PM   #320
Galaxy
Coordinator

I didn't realize TO has an off-the-field reality show, with VH1 set to start in August (if not delayed).
Old 03-13-2009, 08:39 PM   #321
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
The Rams cut loose Orlando Pace.

Torry Holt released by the Rams also.
tucker rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:14 PM   #322
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
I didn't realize TO has an off-the-field reality show, with VH1 set to start in August (if not delayed).

Awesome. Though Buffalo will be less fun than Dallas. Oh well.
Old 03-14-2009, 12:14 PM   #323
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Report: Lions deal Cory Redding to Seahawks for Julian Peterson -
Detroit Lions: News, Blogs, Photos, Audio, Schedule & Stats - MLive.com

Lions send Cory Redding to Seattle for Julian Peterson
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 12:24 PM   #324
Travis
Pro Rookie

If the Redding-Peterson deal is true, I'd imagine this'll mean a long term deal for Hill in the near future and Seattle taking Curry or Crabtree with the #4 selection depending on how the first 3 picks play out.

Not sure how much I like this move as it seems to help the Dline but really create a need at LB. Before this move they were more than set at LB and looked like they could solidify the line with a 3-4 round pick.
Old 03-14-2009, 12:29 PM   #325
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
If the Redding-Peterson deal is true, I'd imagine this'll mean a long term deal for Hill in the near future and Seattle taking Curry or Crabtree with the #4 selection depending on how the first 3 picks play out.

Not sure how much I like this move as it seems to help the Dline but really create a need at LB. Before this move they were more than set at LB and looked like they could solidify the line with a 3-4 round pick.

Redding is okay, but he needs to have a legit DT next to him to be very good. He's a solid T2 DT though.
Old 03-14-2009, 12:35 PM   #326
Travis
Pro Rookie

Should be interesting. Seahawks looked like they'd be going with Cole/Mebane at DT. I'm curious if this means that Redding will see time at both DT and DE (hard to guess what sort of rotation the new staff will use).

Either way, looks like the stage is set for Mebane to take his game to another level. And if Bryant can be a rotational big body at least the front four is looking quite solid.

Now to see if the Tampa ties come in to play and if Derrick Brooks end up being signed as a stop gap answer for Peterson's old spot.
Old 03-14-2009, 05:52 PM   #327
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

I love the move for the Hawks. I was just waiting for them to make a move with Peterson, who is very overrated and a little too finesse for my liking. They will miss what he brings as a puss rusher, however. I do hope they will turn Leroy Hill loose as a pass rusher this year and maybe this move is indicative of that.

Also, the Hawks pick up a 5th rounder. I believe it is the first pick in the round, too. Not bad. Speaking of the draft, it is loaded with OLB's so they could easily grab one in the 2nd or 3rd round to replace JPete.
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 06:00 PM   #328
RainMaker
General Manager

Donte Stallworth killed someone today.

NFL Star Held After Pedestrian is Killed - TMZ.com
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 08:44 PM   #329
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Jay Cutler put a 2nd house up for sale.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:52 PM   #330
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Should be interesting. Seahawks looked like they'd be going with Cole/Mebane at DT. I'm curious if this means that Redding will see time at both DT and DE (hard to guess what sort of rotation the new staff will use).

Either way, looks like the stage is set for Mebane to take his game to another level. And if Bryant can be a rotational big body at least the front four is looking quite solid.

Now to see if the Tampa ties come in to play and if Derrick Brooks end up being signed as a stop gap answer for Peterson's old spot.

did i miss where the seahawks are not the favored destination for B.J. Raji anymore?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 09:01 PM   #331
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Jay Cutler put a 2nd house up for sale.

I don't know if this has anything to do with the trade talk, Cutler is beginning to make me think he should be playing WR with his diva attitude.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 10:15 PM   #332
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Khalif Barnes (Jacksonville) signed a one year deal with the Raiders. Good news and it looks more and more like Crabtree in the draft.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 10:19 PM   #333
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
Khalif Barnes (Jacksonville) signed a one year deal with the Raiders. Good news and it looks more and more like Crabtree in the draft.

I think drafting DHB or Maclin is possible too. I'm not sure Al will like a player with no 40 time.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:20 PM   #334
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post

I bet Al passes on Crabtree.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:21 PM   #335
Danny
Head Coach

I like DHB though, so if the Raiders traded back and picked him that would be nice, but they never trade back.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:29 AM   #336
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Cutler requested a trade.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:47 AM   #337
RainMaker
General Manager

I hope the Bears take a flier at Cutler.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:59 AM   #338
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

DJ Gallo: Terrell Owens 4.0 instructions guide - ESPN Page 2
Matthean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:59 AM   #339
Bad-example
College Starter

Jay Cutler: Sandiest vagina in the NFL.
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 10:09 AM   #340
RendeR
Coordinator

Cutler has every right to be pissed off. The management in Denver basically tossed him out on the market without even saying "Oh by the way". He's supposed to be the franchise QB. He's a damn good QB and deserved a lot more respect in this situation than he's gotten.

I don't like his attitude on the field, but in this whole "lets trade our starting QB" crap I have to be on Cutler's side here. Denver fucked up and now they've got a pissed off player (without whom they win maybe 3 games last season) and no real options for a replacement.

Oh and just what type of quality can they get for him now? none. Every team in the league knows the Broncos are screwed here so they're not gonna offer shyte.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:10 AM   #341
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Cutler has every right to be pissed off. The management in Denver basically tossed him out on the market without even saying "Oh by the way". He's supposed to be the franchise QB. He's a damn good QB and deserved a lot more respect in this situation than he's gotten.

I don't like his attitude on the field, but in this whole "lets trade our starting QB" crap I have to be on Cutler's side here. Denver fucked up and now they've got a pissed off player (without whom they win maybe 3 games last season) and no real options for a replacement.

Oh and just what type of quality can they get for him now? none. Every team in the league knows the Broncos are screwed here so they're not gonna offer shyte.

Was this before or after he asked to be traded when Shanahan was fired and the OC went to USC? Doesn't the organization deserve more respect than that?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 11:16 AM   #342
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Was this before or after he asked to be traded when Shanahan was fired and the OC went to USC? Doesn't the organization deserve more respect than that?

Cutler said he was mad they fired Bates as they said he would be back but he never demanded a trade.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:01 PM   #343
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I am getting annoyed and bored with this Jay Cutler saga. Most folks in Detroit are very excited at the prospect of him coming here. I guess it's hard to argue that I would have higher (though still, very, very low) expectations with Cutler playing QB than any of Culpepper, Stanton, Henson, or any possible QB the Lions could pick up in the draft.

That really says more about how bad all the other options are than it says about any faith I may have in Cutler's ability. I don't think he's horrible and would likely be the best QB the Lions have had in a long, long time, but I just wonder about his mental make-up given all of this nonsense.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 12:04 PM   #344
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Lions won't get Cutler. I just don't see it.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:07 PM   #345
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I am getting annoyed and bored with this Jay Cutler saga. Most folks in Detroit are very excited at the prospect of him coming here. I guess it's hard to argue that I would have higher (though still, very, very low) expectations with Cutler playing QB than any of Culpepper, Stanton, Henson, or any possible QB the Lions could pick up in the draft.

That really says more about how bad all the other options are than it says about any faith I may have in Cutler's ability. I don't think he's horrible and would likely be the best QB the Lions have had in a long, long time, but I just wonder about his mental make-up given all of this nonsense.

If you really want, we could start up some Favre rumors like last year instead...
Old 03-16-2009, 01:41 PM   #346
RendeR
Coordinator

I hear Akili Smith is still trying to get back in the league Detroit fans....
Old 03-16-2009, 02:54 PM   #347
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Report: Patriots target Peppers - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

Pats looking to grab Peppers with pick from Chiefs trade.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:08 PM   #348
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post
Report: Patriots target Peppers - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

Pats looking to grab Peppers with pick from Chiefs trade.

unless they can play him at OLB and pay him short money, i don't like the deal.

guy doesn't fit on their d-line and he's also long past the days where lived up to the whole "freak" thing
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 03:11 PM   #349
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

They'll play him at OLB no question.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:24 PM   #350
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
MattJones4FreeAgency

Jacksonville Jaguars release troubled receiver Matt Jones - ESPN
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote