Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-14-2012, 08:02 AM   #301
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Oh come on, how could you not like the drunk train?
Old 02-14-2012, 09:36 AM   #302
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Oh come on, how could you not like the drunk train?

I didn't. In fact I'm starting to dislike Barney even more. This whole season is shit, from the moment they brought in Kevin and Robin said no to Barney. Shit I tell you. Really stinky smelly SHIT.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:24 PM   #303
DanGarion
Coordinator

Just for reference. A list of all the websites from the show.

How I Met Your Mother: Real Fake Websites
Old 02-20-2012, 08:04 PM   #304
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Ok, tonight's episode made up for last week's BS.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:04 PM   #305
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
Ok, tonight's episode made up for last week's BS.

/tk

Except for that stupid line right at the end.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:05 PM   #306
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post

Yeah, that was silly. But I'll overlook it.

/tk
Old 02-21-2012, 01:27 AM   #307
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:

Its a line that makes sense for Marshall, so I wanna be fine with it... but the show has spent too long fucking with us for no reason, so it comes off bad. Agree w/ tk though, I did like this episode a lot.

I wrote last week:

Quote:
I am almost to the point now that I feel like this show is not capable of being funny anymore. The episodes where they just try for pure humor miss completely and it seems like they are going for serious things about 5x as often as they should and the serious moments have completely lost their impact.

and all of this still stands for me, I didn't really laugh at anything, the long term bets was a fine bit but eh. However, for the serious moments I guess there's a robin/ted and maybe a robin/barney exception. Those still carry some damn good weight behind them.

Last edited by Radii : 02-21-2012 at 01:28 AM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:02 PM   #308
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Great episode (just saw it) and ended Ted & Robin for good (and yes the line at the end was pure Marshall). It wasn't a laugh a minute episode, but lots of amusing bits (Lily trying to get Barney to watch the sex tape was great & the chained up blue french horn).

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 02-23-2012 at 11:06 PM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:04 PM   #309
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Finally, I'm sure some of you noticed the very tall, red-headed man standing in the background of the early scenes at the bar. When Barney ran to go looking for the sex tape, he turned around and we could see for a moment that it was Conan O'Brien — who had won a charity auction for a background role on the show and specifically requested that he not be featured prominently. You either noticed him or you didn't.

From: Review: How I Met Your Mother - No Pressure: When you tell me that you love me - HitFix.com
Old 02-27-2012, 11:20 PM   #310
Radii
Head Coach

Solid episode tonight, nothing over the top dramatic, decently funny and a nice sweet ending. I liked it.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:37 AM   #311
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Solid episode tonight, nothing over the top dramatic, decently funny and a nice sweet ending. I liked it.

Just starting to feel like we've seen this before now. Hopefully, next season will be the last, they already know exactly how it will play out, and they're treading water until then.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:07 AM   #312
Easy Mac

Well, we have to be reaching the mother point, unless they really want to piss us off. The kids are obviously either 15 or 16 in 2030, which mean the wife had to have gotten pregnant no later than March of 2015. That's 3 years away.

So, for a proper Mosby courtship, he HAS to meet her this year, court her for 1.5 years, get engaged, get married, then have kids.

Also, so assuming it plays out the way they're going right now, Ted is telling the kids the story of how he met their mother at the wedding of his horndog best friend and his friend's stripper wife? Not the most egregious thing he's told his children, but it's odd.

Also, it would be awesome if Ted meets the mother at the wedding and has a one night stand, then we never see her again, but for the rest of the series we see him date some other women he talked to at the wedding, making us think one of them is the mother. The last shot of the series is the one night stand showing up 5 years later with twins. That's how he met their mother.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:23 AM   #313
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post
Also, it would be awesome if Ted meets the mother at the wedding and has a one night stand, then we never see her again, but for the rest of the series we see him date some other women he talked to at the wedding, making us think one of them is the mother. The last shot of the series is the one night stand showing up 5 years later with twins. That's how he met their mother.

This would be a great mindfuck ending and would just about make the series worthwhile.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:39 AM   #314
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Barney isn't engaged yet so I think Barney's wedding will be the series finale which means he won't meet her until May 2013. Ted is really pushing up against 2030 where the girl looks like she's at least 16.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:25 AM   #315
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post

Indeed. I enjoyed it. Especially Robin's journal of living in suburbia against her will ("Bingo! ... was canceled").
Old 02-28-2012, 10:30 AM   #316
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Just starting to feel like we've seen this before now.

Oh for sure. I've never been in the camp that puts a lot of stock specifically in meeting the mother. I would love to see that storyline play out for awhile, but as long as they are telling good stories and doing some funny things I'm quite content. I've been of the opinion that they really haven't done that very well the last season or two, but the last few weeks have been a noticeable step up for me.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:35 AM   #317
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I'm guessing part of it is that they didn't expect it to be on this long and they know how they'll end it, but dragging out the middle was something they weren't sure how to do.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:29 PM   #318
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Barney isn't engaged yet so I think Barney's wedding will be the series finale which means he won't meet her until May 2013. Ted is really pushing up against 2030 where the girl looks like she's at least 16.

This is what my friend and I are thinking. The season finale will be Barney proposing or the actual wedding. Then first episode next season we actually meet the mother.

/tk
Old 02-28-2012, 08:41 PM   #319
Logan
Head Coach

I'm still buying the theory that Barney and Robin get hitched (obviously now it would have to happen quicker than it originally needed to), and Ted meets Barney's briefly mentioned half sister at the wedding, which legitimizes Future Ted referring to them as Aunt Robin and Uncle Barney in his story to the kids.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:15 PM   #320
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Lots of folks call close friends of parents "Uncle" and "Aunt"
Old 02-29-2012, 07:18 AM   #321
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Lots of folks call close friends of parents "Uncle" and "Aunt"

Right, that would be the "twist" (for lack of a better word) in that they end up being an actual aunt and uncle.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:04 AM   #322
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I'm still buying the theory that Barney and Robin get hitched (obviously now it would have to happen quicker than it originally needed to), and Ted meets Barney's briefly mentioned half sister at the wedding, which legitimizes Future Ted referring to them as Aunt Robin and Uncle Barney in his story to the kids.

I don't know if Barney will marry Robin, Quinn, or someone else even but chalk me up as another person who thinks Ted is going to marry Barney's currently in college (or was when she was mentioned) half sister Carly.

Last edited by Racer : 02-29-2012 at 09:04 AM.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:19 AM   #323
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I know it's looking less and less likely (especially after the one episode where Robin said she never had kids), but I am still in the "Ted ends up with Robin" boat, if only because I mentioned it after like the third episode and my wife thought I was crazy. It'd be great to say I told ya so (even though I know it won't happen, heh)
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:28 AM   #324
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
I know it's looking less and less likely (especially after the one episode where Robin said she never had kids), but I am still in the "Ted ends up with Robin" boat, if only because I mentioned it after like the third episode and my wife thought I was crazy. It'd be great to say I told ya so (even though I know it won't happen, heh)

Keep fuckin that chicken PF!
Old 02-29-2012, 09:53 AM   #325
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I can see the half sister theory. Didn't he already date a girl that ended up being roomates with her? I thought there was a reference to the roomate being in college and I think that was before we even knew about the half sister.

Or they would really piss people off and when the series ends we see the guy from Full House talking to his shrink and we find that he has was a delusional schizophrenic the entire time and all we were seeing was what he thought happened as he tells it to his shrink. That might actually be one awesome ending. It would explain why the elder Ted somehow has a different voice than the current adult version.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:59 AM   #326
Logan
Head Coach

We first knew that the mother was in the class that Ted accidentally started teaching in on his first day, he said so at the end of that episode I believe. Then when he met Rachel Bilson's character (the girl he dated), she said that she knew him because she was in that class. Then we found out that Ted was going ape shit over all the stuff he was finding in her apartment, only to find out that it was her roommate's...one of which was a smaller item that they flashed forward to being in the room behind the kids as they're being told the story.

I think that's pretty much the linkage. We don't know much about Barney's sister other than when his father mentioned that he had a daughter who was in college close by. Considering we met the son, but not the daughter, seems like they did that for a reason.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:56 PM   #327
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I do NOT remember Barney mentioning a half sister.

I do remember all the other stuff.

I think Barney is marrying Robin.

/tk
Old 02-29-2012, 06:59 PM   #328
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I don't remember this half-sister thing either, but apparently we missed something TK.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:05 PM   #329
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
I don't remember this half-sister thing either, but apparently we missed something TK.

YEP!

Guess it's a "good" thing that it's on Netflix Instant?

/tk
Old 02-29-2012, 07:07 PM   #330
MrBug708
Head Coach

Barney's dad re-married and has two kids. One of which is a daughter and is in college.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:42 PM   #331
Logan
Head Coach

Yeah it was John Lithgow's character that told Barney he had a half sister, plus the brother who he met and stole the basketball hoop from.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:40 AM   #332
MrBug708
Head Coach

Not going to lie, Quinn is smoking hot
Old 03-01-2012, 12:11 PM   #333
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Not going to lie, Quinn is smoking hot

This. What show is she in a pilot for? Who do I have to pay for it to get picked up?
Old 03-01-2012, 12:24 PM   #334
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I take it you missed her on "Ugly Betty"?
Old 03-01-2012, 12:31 PM   #335
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
I think Barney is marrying Robin.

But wasn't there mention of the wedding between Barney and his stripper wife? Maybe I am remembering wrong.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:42 PM   #336
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Never watched a minute of that show.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:54 PM   #337
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Well she was on just about every episode.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:20 PM   #338
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:

Yes.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:23 PM   #339
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

If a show's going to have hot women they shouldn't call it "Ugly Betty."

Marketing 101
Old 03-01-2012, 01:32 PM   #340
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
But wasn't there mention of the wedding between Barney and his stripper wife? Maybe I am remembering wrong.

Future Ted has stated that Ted meets his future wife at a wedding in which he is the best man and Barney is the groom. Would make sense meeting Barney's half-sister there. Not sure on the stripper part though

In another episode, Ted says “And as hard as it was at the time, in the end we both got what we wanted. She did eventually go on to live in Argentina, and Morocco, Greece, Russia, even Japan for a little while. And I? Well, I met your mom.”
Old 03-01-2012, 04:06 PM   #341
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Future Ted has stated that Ted meets his future wife at a wedding in which he is the best man and Barney is the groom. Would make sense meeting Barney's half-sister there. Not sure on the stripper part though

In another episode, Ted says “And as hard as it was at the time, in the end we both got what we wanted. She did eventually go on to live in Argentina, and Morocco, Greece, Russia, even Japan for a little while. And I? Well, I met your mom.”

Holy crap, you remember word for word quotes? Thanks for making me feel old.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:16 PM   #342
MrBug708
Head Coach

haha..I googled it
Old 03-02-2012, 11:41 AM   #343
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:

And don't forget her breakout role...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:49 PM   #344
DanGarion
Coordinator

Agent Sparkles reporting for duty!

Old 03-05-2012, 11:10 PM   #345
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

HOT! Oh, wait... this wasn't a hot or not
Old 03-06-2012, 01:30 AM   #346
Comey
College Starter

Barney's half-sister is in college, right? And Ted's wife was in his first class, right? Hmmm.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:49 AM   #347
RedKingGold
College Starter

It'd be nice if HIMYM had some consistency week-to-week with new episodes. I know they're waiting for sweeps, but this is ridiculous.

Last edited by RedKingGold : 03-06-2012 at 04:49 AM.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:20 PM   #348
Logan
Head Coach

How come she looks good there, but has looked like a complete disaster this season on HIMYM? Between the way they dress her now and her short hair, she's a definite NOT on the show.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:02 PM   #349
Ryan S
Quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
How come she looks good there, but has looked like a complete disaster this season on HIMYM? Between the way they dress her now and her short hair, she's a definite NOT on the show.

As I said earlier this season, they need to fire her stylist. Enough with the clown suits and the short hair.
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:07 PM   #350
Ryan S
Quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan S View Post
Enough with the clown suits and the short hair.

I think it is the style of the hair rather than the length, especially earlier in the season, that I really don't like. It is like they are making a real effort to make her look bad.
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote