Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-21-2014, 04:55 PM   #651
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I enjoyed it, too. I'm glad we learned what Barney does. I note he didn't *rule out* having a ring bear. He just said that there is a ring bearER.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:32 PM   #652
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
I enjoyed it, too. I'm glad we learned what Barney does. I note he didn't *rule out* having a ring bear. He just said that there is a ring bearER.

/tk

You must have missed the end...
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:55 PM   #653
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
You must have missed the end...

Hmm, did my DVR cut out early? I hate when that happens...

/tk
Old 01-21-2014, 08:50 PM   #654
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
Hmm, did my DVR cut out early? I hate when that happens...

/tk

There was a guy leading a chain with something that sounded like a bear at the end of it and he called it Trevor.. ;-)

I also really liked this week's episode. My favorite of the year.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:55 PM   #655
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Indeed, my DVR didn't catch that. Funny.

/tk
Old 01-21-2014, 09:53 PM   #656
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I did like how Barney's job is basically being a fallguy, but he gets the last drop on the company. And why was it a complete surprise now to Ted that Robin's family is loaded. You think they blew all that Robin Sparkles money?

And agreed with the sentiment that Lily has been plenty selfish and Marshall has forgiven her. He should have talked it over with Lily, but it is his super-ultimate dream job... and its only going to Rome for one year. Lily will be able to come back to the US. Marshall doesn't HAVE to go with her.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:09 PM   #657
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Holy crap, what's this? An entire episode focused on the mother, from her POV, where we get to learn more about her?

What a revolutionary concept for the final season!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:29 PM   #658
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Nice episode this week.

Oh, and Stacey's mom doesn't have it going on.... (sorry, hate that commercial)
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:43 PM   #659
stevew
Hall Of Famer

How I Met Your Dad sounds like such a bad idea. I was thinking maybe a Ted spin off could be ok.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 01:28 AM   #660
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

My impression is that it's more "Dharma kills Greg, what's next?" Maybe they can send in the BAU to arrest this one before it reaches air.

I'm done with Ted after he confessed to the bride on the morning of her wedding that he was so infatuated with her that he was about to leave New York forever. It's my hope that the unnamed Mother turns out to be a serial philanderer and the children are biologically that creepy inkeeper's.

Last edited by Solecismic : 02-12-2014 at 01:35 AM.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:16 AM   #661
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
My impression is that it's more "Dharma kills Greg, what's next?" Maybe they can send in the BAU to arrest this one before it reaches air.

I'm done with Ted after he confessed to the bride on the morning of her wedding that he was so infatuated with her that he was about to leave New York forever. It's my hope that the unnamed Mother turns out to be a serial philanderer and the children are biologically that creepy inkeeper's.

Yeah - that was really a d-bag move by Ted.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:51 PM   #662
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

So the speculation IS true!!

Spoiler

It was a meh episode, but that final reveal really elevated it (the one about Ted, not the one about Robin - what great casting though).
Old 03-03-2014, 09:12 PM   #663
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
So the speculation IS true!!

Spoiler

It was a meh episode, but that final reveal really elevated it (the one about Ted, not the one about Robin - what great casting though).

Oh - that kinda makes sense now that I watch it again. I just thought they were talking about someone else since they were both emotional...but yeah.

Spoiler

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 03-03-2014 at 09:17 PM.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:22 PM   #664
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Though I did think of an alternate...

Spoiler
Old 03-03-2014, 09:24 PM   #665
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Though I did think of an alternate...

Spoiler

That would be the other alternative, yeah. That thought crossed my mind actually before the one that you brought up actually for some reason.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:27 PM   #666
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
That would be the other alternative, yeah. That thought crossed my mind actually before the one that you brought up actually for some reason.

That would be quite the gut punch..

Spoiler
Old 03-03-2014, 09:46 PM   #667
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Spoiler
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:22 PM   #668
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Wait... screw the 2nd theory

Spoiler
Old 03-03-2014, 10:27 PM   #669
RainMaker
General Manager

Spoiler
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:29 PM   #670
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

There is too many times of responding to the kids for that to be the case.
Old 03-04-2014, 04:39 AM   #671
rowech
Pro Starter

If there is going to be a spinoff there is no way they will have the mom die. Nobody will watch knowing what happens. (I feel that way anyway)

It could just be that Ted's mom never made their wedding?
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:15 AM   #672
Logan
Head Coach

Despite hearing the "mother is dead" theory for a couple years now, I still didn't think of it when Ted started crying. Guess I was just completely out of it...thought maybe Ted's own mother ends up not making their wedding. What a horrible way to end the show and I can't imagine them actually going through with that.

There was a flash forward to their college reunion when Ted, Marshall and Lily are all laughing over "sandwiches" and Ted asks "where's my wife?"...is that going to be explained by him being stoned and confused (seems pretty rough) or is he re-married?
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:18 AM   #673
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
If there is going to be a spinoff there is no way they will have the mom die. Nobody will watch knowing what happens. (I feel that way anyway)

It could just be that Ted's mom never made their wedding?

The spinoff is about a new girl. The only connection will be the bar (supposedly).
Old 03-04-2014, 08:22 AM   #674
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Spoiler
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:29 AM   #675
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Despite hearing the "mother is dead" theory for a couple years now, I still didn't think of it when Ted started crying. Guess I was just completely out of it...thought maybe Ted's own mother ends up not making their wedding. What a horrible way to end the show and I can't imagine them actually going through with that.

There was a flash forward to their college reunion when Ted, Marshall and Lily are all laughing over "sandwiches" and Ted asks "where's my wife?"...is that going to be explained by him being stoned and confused (seems pretty rough) or is he re-married?

That was my initial thought too - Ted's own mom. I dunno.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:22 AM   #676
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

To be honest, I think the end with the mother being dead would actually be a perfect ending for the show. For all the attempts to make it so, HIMYM is not some light hearted comedy about friends hanging out. It has ALWAYS been a show about growing up. Part of that is light hearted hanging out, but part of that is also dealing with heartache and death. I mean this is the show that had Ted jilted at the altar and Marshall's dad dying.
Old 03-04-2014, 11:01 AM   #677
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

So I don't watch this show but my wife does and so I browse this thread every once in a while just to ask her questions and annoy her. Is the mother dying some sort of fan theory or likely what is going to happen? I have told her about this theory you guys have and she says she has no idea what I am talking about and you are all nuts.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 11:25 AM   #678
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
So I don't watch this show but my wife does and so I browse this thread every once in a while just to ask her questions and annoy her. Is the mother dying some sort of fan theory or likely what is going to happen? I have told her about this theory you guys have and she says she has no idea what I am talking about and you are all nuts.

I remember hearing about it as a fan theory for a while now, and then it picked up a lot of steam last season when there was an episode where Ted got really emotional over wishing he had an extra 45 days or something like that with the kids' mother. Someone who didn't buy in (like myself) could say "well, of course, he was in a bad spot emotionally so why wouldn't he want to meet his wife earlier" and it would make some sense. But then you have the mother saying what she did last night "how could a mother not be at her daughter's wedding?" which causes Ted to break down, and suddenly that theory makes a lot more sense.

Personally I think something else will end up happening because I find it unlikely that the writers would wait so long for that twist, only to reveal it 4 weeks before the show ended.
Old 03-04-2014, 11:32 AM   #679
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

I assumed, from the sad look from Ted, that it was a reference to their wedding and his mom. Their kids are too young when this is being told to have weddings of their own. It seemed like a reaction to something specific.

This isn't HBO and I don't think they want to waste the finale on some massive tragic reveal. That wouldn't be bittersweet. I would assume bittersweet is saying goodbye to a group of people you've worked with for nine years.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 02:08 PM   #680
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Well, I imagine the bittersweet is that Ted is telling the kids about how their mom died, but in that tragedy all of his friends stepped up big time. Hence why the story is mostly about Marshall, Lilly, Barney, and Robin - they were the family he chose, that were there for him when he needed someone the most.
Old 03-04-2014, 02:33 PM   #681
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well, I imagine the bittersweet is that Ted is telling the kids about how their mom died, but in that tragedy all of his friends stepped up big time. Hence why the story is mostly about Marshall, Lilly, Barney, and Robin - they were the family he chose, that were there for him when he needed someone the most.

Also why they're referred to as "uncle so and so" and "aunt so and so" throughout the show perhaps.
Old 03-04-2014, 02:38 PM   #682
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Hehe, that reminds me about when people were trying to figure out the Aunt Robin / Uncle Barney thing and speculated that the "mother" was going to be Barney's sister.
Old 03-04-2014, 02:46 PM   #683
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
I assumed, from the sad look from Ted, that it was a reference to their wedding and his mom. Their kids are too young when this is being told to have weddings of their own. It seemed like a reaction to something specific.

This isn't HBO and I don't think they want to waste the finale on some massive tragic reveal. That wouldn't be bittersweet. I would assume bittersweet is saying goodbye to a group of people you've worked with for nine years.

Yeah, I thought it was something about their wedding and one of their mothers not being able to make it. Although, the writers certainly seem to want to put the idea out there that Ted's wife is going to die. I hope we find out for sure in the next few weeks.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 03:32 PM   #684
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Yeah, I thought it was something about their wedding and one of their mothers not being able to make it. Although, the writers certainly seem to want to put the idea out there that Ted's wife is going to die. I hope we find out for sure in the next few weeks.

My guess is the writers are clearly aware of this theory and are playing it big time with no intention of making it happen.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 06:15 PM   #685
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Count me in the camp that thinks the mom's dying. I wanted to discount it before but now I more or less am there. As soon as I saw that part of last night's episode, I came here to see the speculation.

Man I'll be peeved if that's how it plays out.

/tk
Old 03-04-2014, 09:17 PM   #686
kcchief19
Pro Starter

For all the mother-dying intrigue people are reading into these clues, is anyone postulating that Ted is the one dying? That makes so much more sense given all the clues. Sure, Ted is a tender heart, but he's the one choking up at the idea at a parent not being at a child's wedding and wanting 45 more days because he will love her "until the end of my days and beyond."
Old 03-05-2014, 03:55 PM   #687
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
For all the mother-dying intrigue people are reading into these clues, is anyone postulating that Ted is the one dying? That makes so much more sense given all the clues. Sure, Ted is a tender heart, but he's the one choking up at the idea at a parent not being at a child's wedding and wanting 45 more days because he will love her "until the end of my days and beyond."

My guess is the mother...earlier in the episode she makes this quote:

“I don’t want you to be the guy who lives in his stories. I want you to move forward.”
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 04:03 PM   #688
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sak View Post
My guess is the mother...earlier in the episode she makes this quote:

“I don’t want you to be the guy who lives in his stories. I want you to move forward.”

Good point - I almost forgot about that.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:12 PM   #689
kcchief19
Pro Starter

I've considered that … but if Ted is dying in 2024 and telling the story in 2030, then clearly the expectation is that he has sometime to live. I'm reading that line as The Mother telling him to move forward, not live in his stories from the past.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:09 PM   #690
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Good episode last night with a nice twist.

I agree with most that the last few seasons haven't been as good, but having been with the show from the beginning I find I am emotionally invested with these characters and will be sad to see them go.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:28 PM   #691
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I dunno, this season has been quite good. And I love all the callbacks tying up loose ends (like all the loose ends it seems like).
Old 03-11-2014, 10:52 PM   #692
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Good episode this week. Though the Kennedy Package seems kind of pointless now. Who would pay to have a non alcoholic drink always in their hand?

Liked the nod that they gave to the weekend season. Able to poke at the show a little there.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:06 PM   #693
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Though the Kennedy Package seems kind of pointless now. Who would pay to have a non alcoholic drink always in their hand?

If you don't want to announce you are pregnant, the way to do it is to always have a drink in your hand. If you avoid alcohol openly, people are going to wonder why.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:12 PM   #694
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Always having a drink but never getting the slightest bit drunk can be a clue. At least that cleared up the one issue I was wondering about. Barney reached a while new level of drunk without anywhere near the same quantities. Would have thought someone would notice.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:03 AM   #695
Logan
Head Coach

I thought this last episode was brutal until the end.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:51 AM   #696
kcchief19
Pro Starter

I had a "The Sixth Sense" issue with this episode. The moment Billy Zabka told the story of Lily getting in the car with the bag from the store, it was a throwback to the last time she took a pregnancy test and it seemed pretty obvious to me. But my friend who didn't pick up on that clue loved the episode. I didn't think it was bad, just predictable.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:58 AM   #697
Logan
Head Coach

My wife said that Lily was pregnant right away. She also remembered that they established her last cigarette ever was when she started trying to get pregnant the first time.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:21 PM   #698
Kodos
Resident Alien

The "I'd be sweeping the leg and putting you in a body bag" line was the funniest of the season.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:00 AM   #699
Logan
Head Coach

Such a weird episode. For one, back in the day, Barney told an awesome story about Blauman quitting his job at GNB because he struck it rich on an IPO, then losing it all, which forced him to live with his parents...before he died. Apparently that actor is Cobie Smulder's husband, which is I'm sure why they chose to base this story around him even if it meant crapping on a scene from the past.

And Ted and the mother sure had a pretty awkward hello after what I figured would be some sort of heavily romantic/legendary introduction at the train station.

Last edited by Logan : 03-18-2014 at 07:01 AM.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:07 AM   #700
Logan
Head Coach

I did love the accidental curly fry...those are the best. And Wayne Brady telling his kids "Do you know how I met your father? At a party".