Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-06-2012, 08:00 AM   #51
Kodos
Resident Alien

It must default to an easy level, because I had 4 interceptions (not even manual interceptions - CPU got them) in my first game and won 28-0.

Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:52 AM   #52
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Demo is on varsity.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:36 AM   #53
Icy
Pro Starter

Reading both football games feature list and early previews, i'll probably buy madden this year and skip ncaa, did the opposite last year.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:44 AM   #54
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I just can't stomach another year of trying to learn the game enough to know what level I should play on, what the sliders should be, what bugs there are, what might be a game-killer (in terms of wanting to wait before I dive into a dynasty). With last year's game, I liked it a lot, already have the sliders down, etc. I'll probably just start a fresh dynasty with 12. I usually sim the first 3-4 years anyway, so having new rosters means nothing to me.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:54 AM   #55
Kodos
Resident Alien

To me, the death of super linebackers and CBs running routes better than WRs is enough to justify a purchase. Improved recruiting and dynamic conference prestige is also nice. But I can see where you're coming from, Ksyrup. Usually, there is a long breaking-in period where all the holes in the game are being discovered/patched.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:03 AM   #56
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned in here, but I saw a tweet from Steve from OS where he stated that NCAA draft classes can't be imported into Madden this year. This isn't a bid deal to me, but I know it will be for some.
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:16 AM   #57
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I just can't stomach another year of trying to learn the game enough to know what level I should play on, what the sliders should be, what bugs there are, what might be a game-killer (in terms of wanting to wait before I dive into a dynasty). With last year's game, I liked it a lot, already have the sliders down, etc.

I know where you're coming from but here's my take on the whole "figuring out good sliders for me" issue...once I find that happy medium where I'm in tough or lose against better teams...for example, I have a Marshall dynasty where the first season I lost plenty of games early on but eventually ended up 11-3 winning the conference, a bowl game, and bunch of individual awards...eventually I adjust and "beat" the sliders. So, do you adjust them again? Do you impose "house rules" on yourself?

It's a never ending battle, if you ask me, and I think it's the same for everybody, and every game. That's why I like playing online dynasties...with at least a few games against real players the AI deficiencies don't matter and you are presented with a new challenge every time you meet a new opponent. Sure, the pace is somewhat slower because you have to rely on the schedules of so many guys but if you can find a good group you can still get through 3-4 seasons before the next game is out...I'm in 3 ODs right now and two of them are in 2014 and the other is in 2016.
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:29 AM   #58
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I don't have a problem tweaking sliders as I progress. But figuring out what sliders work for me that also make the games realistic enough and don't give you too many INTs vs. shut the run game down vs. too easy to pass, etc. That's a whole other thing, and that usually takes too long. If I was in college and had nothing but free time to test it all, then great. But I need 'plug and play" and I'm there with version 12. If I need to tweak something down 5 points and another up 5-10 points, that's 30 seconds of my life. Testing a fresh new set of sliders for everything from does it match with my style of play/ability to macro issues on scores, yards, etc.? I think I'll take a year break from that.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:55 PM   #59
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I've always played on default AA, 8 minute quarters and overlook some things. It's a good challenge for me.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 06-06-2012 at 08:56 PM.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:25 PM   #60
CraigSca
Pro Starter

I played i tonight and actually kind of enjoyed it. Wasn't a big fan of '12.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:41 PM   #61
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDalltheway View Post
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned in here, but I saw a tweet from Steve from OS where he stated that NCAA draft classes can't be imported into Madden this year. This isn't a bid deal to me, but I know it will be for some.

I'm sure this is the Madden team's doing. Well, whatever they need to do to get their new draft process right- isn't there supposed to be a dynamic Big Board year-round now? That sounds very cool. I do hope that they're organic then, and there's not just 30 random ones.

As a hardcore NCAA loyalist, it's hard for me to admit this, but unless the Recruiting classes aren't a straight line down in terms of OVRs (with WRs, RBs, and ATHs bunched at the top thanks to an asinine Sparq score) and there's actual rating variance within the recruits year-to-year (so I'm not just going after a blueprint of the same guy), I may be leaning towards going Madden first day and picking NCAA up way later when it's cheap. The new scouting feature looks very cool and would bring recruiting to a new level as long as they also have the variety.

Last edited by Simbo Klice : 06-06-2012 at 10:44 PM.
Simbo Klice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:02 PM   #62
sabotai
General Manager

Played the demo. One game as the "be a player" type mode and one of the regular games. I threw a lot of INTs (7 total I think), but all of them made sense. The DBs weren't psychic, but they were playing zone and had their eyes glued to me, so no surprise that they reacted immediately.

Didn't see any crazy acrobatic INTs either (small sample size, though)

I tested to see if route-based throwing was in this year and it seems to be. I intentionally threw some bad passes to see if the throw would go where it should if I threw it before the player made his break, and it did. So another big plus there.

One of the biggest issues for me is in the "be a player" mode. The AI in previous versions was gimped. If you were a QB, the RB would have the worst AI ever. Run at the hole, get there, run perpendicular to LOS for 20 yards, then run up field. Or, if the hole was WIDE OPEN.....avoid it at all costs!

I HAD to throw it 60 times a game because rushing the ball usually ended badly. So despite better AI in the regular game, despite apparently having route based passing...if the "be a pro" mode is still scheiße, I'll be passing.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:48 AM   #63
Balldog
Pro Rookie

I think the improvements to the passing game are big enough to make it a BUY for me. WRs actually go after the ball!
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:28 AM   #64
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, for me.. the passing alone makes it worth a purchase, even if the rest of the game is version 12.5. Should be interesting playing with Mizzou too, playing Baba, Georgia, Florida and what not.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 06-07-2012 at 07:28 AM.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:19 AM   #65
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

I hope to God we'll be able to edit some of the controls they f'ing changed!!! SERIOUSLY!!!??? Why mess with buttons that have done the same thing for several revs of a game??
Old 06-07-2012, 12:23 PM   #66
BYU 14
Coordinator

I am only getting the option to rate this when I go into the demo section on Xbox live, no option to download the demo itself. Anybody else having this issue?
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:26 PM   #67
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyshaka View Post
I hope to God we'll be able to edit some of the controls they f'ing changed!!! SERIOUSLY!!!??? Why mess with buttons that have done the same thing for several revs of a game??

I'm happy that the one shoulder button no longer is a throw out of bounds. I don't know how many times I'd hit that one instead of the one that threw a pass, because the receiver was on that side of the screen.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint

Last edited by cartman : 06-07-2012 at 01:26 PM.
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:41 PM   #68
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
I'm happy that the one shoulder button no longer is a throw out of bounds. I don't know how many times I'd hit that one instead of the one that threw a pass, because the receiver was on that side of the screen.

Interesting, so instead of throwing it out of bounds when you hit R1 by accident now you'll be pitching it...or attempting to as I'm not sure what happens when you are in "passing mode" and try to pitch it. That's for the PS3, at least.

Also, pump fake is now L1 so I've been sitting in the pocket frantically trying to throw the ball to what used to be the L1 receiver but my QB has super glue on his hands apparently!

The worst change, IMHO, is that I used to hit up on the right stick and hold down R1 before I felt a tackle coming on...truck and cover up the ball. IIRC, R1 is now pitch and up on the right stick is fake pitch...awesome.

Actually, if any of you PS3ers out there wouldn't mind could you post the current layout in the demo...or at least just the changes? Thanks.

Last edited by johnnyshaka : 06-07-2012 at 02:07 PM.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:54 PM   #69
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Yeah, on the Xbox the other shoulder button is now a pump fake.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:42 PM   #70
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyshaka View Post

Oh, it drives me insane when games change the control layout. Bat-shit, controller-throwing insane.
Simbo Klice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:20 PM   #71
Kodos
Resident Alien

Hopefully we have the ability to change the configuration.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:28 PM   #72
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Hopefully we have the ability to change the exclusive license agreement.

Fixed.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 06-07-2012 at 09:28 PM.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:34 PM   #73
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I guess I should be glad I haven't played this game in a few years. I know it's kind of engrained in my mind but I'm hoping I'm able to overcome the control changes quickly.

I haven't decided when I'll get the game yet. I'm thinking I'll still wait til the price point hits $30 after about 6 months hopefully. Although $45 seems like a decent price, too.. Hmmm

Last edited by mauchow : 06-07-2012 at 09:36 PM.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:47 PM   #74
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Fixed.

I don't believe there is an exclusive license for college football. It's just nobody else will make a college game if they can't make an NFL game as well.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:41 PM   #75
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

I may be mistaken but I thought I read that the control change was so Madden and NCAA controls would be the same. No more having to adjust if you moved from one game to the other. I always thought it was dumb that the games didn't use the same layout. Of course, leave it to EA, they finally do this the year you can't import your NCAA class into Madden.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 05:53 PM   #76
BYU 14
Coordinator

Well, despite adjusting to the new buttons moving to the 360 version this year, I reallly like the demo.

Love the new passing game with trajectories and the ability to throw back shoulder and into space. DB's play more lifelike and the receivers adjust batter as well. Hit over 50% in all three games I played with 1 pick and 2 TDs.

Beat USC 3-0, then lost 10-7 to them and beat Baylor with K-State 7-0.

I think the read option game is dramaticaly improved as you can actually get a read on the DE/leverage player. Popped a couple nice runs with Oregon's QB. Linebackers are better against the run and jukes are a lot better than last years game. Hopefully they continue to tweak and improve for final release and while I agree it is like 2012 V2, that is not a bad thing for me since the annoyances I have with that version seem to be corrected.

I played 2012 longer than any version so I have high hopes for this one.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:07 PM   #77
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
I may be mistaken but I thought I read that the control change was so Madden and NCAA controls would be the same. No more having to adjust if you moved from one game to the other. I always thought it was dumb that the games didn't use the same layout. Of course, leave it to EA, they finally do this the year you can't import your NCAA class into Madden.

Wait...what? No importing classes? Why is that??
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:22 PM   #78
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
Wait...what? No importing classes? Why is that??

Something about the depth of Connected Careers, blah, blah, blah... Link to thread at OS.

Can't import draft classes into Madden 13 - Operation Sports Forums
Old 06-10-2012, 07:59 PM   #79
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Well damn. That's one of my favorite things to do. I love finding guys from my college team in the draft, even if they are low round guys, just to see if I can build them up through Madden. You get attached to that tough MLB or power back and it's cool to see them move on to the NFL.

Is it a deal breaker? No...not completely. But it lowers my excitement about Madden some. I've always been an NFL guy when it comes to being a fan, but I've preferred the college game to the NFL game the past two times.

This officially sucks.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:42 PM   #80
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

I'm guessing since all the Madden draft classes are hand made with back stories, etc it would have somehow hurt the connected careers mode in Madden.
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:06 PM   #81
A-Husker-4-Life
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDalltheway View Post
I'm guessing since all the Madden draft classes are hand made with back stories, etc it would have somehow hurt the connected careers mode in Madden.

New Feature for Madden 2014, Now you can Import your Draft Classes.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:52 PM   #82
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Sad but true. The feature was never implemented properly anyway.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:25 AM   #83
Icy
Pro Starter

No custom Q duration in RTG again this year

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:43 PM   #84
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I've been playing some of demo and I'm very happy with it. Playing Bama vs LSU was lots of defense and little offense, like it should be.

They need to cut in on on the updates after non-game changing plays though, instead of cutting in to one after say, a 50 yard scamper. Kind of takes the excitement out of a big play.

Pass is really good.. fantastic job.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:20 PM   #85
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Quote:
Hopefully we have the ability to change the configuration.

Why can't WE choose which button does what? That, to me is the most glaring issue with control schemes in Madden and NCAA.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:49 PM   #86
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Anyone pick up the game today?

I'll be picking it up on the 11th. Wife's birthday is the 10th, so I can't rightly suggest I go buy a game and play it on her day.

Any talk of an online xbox league? I'd love to join one that doesn't have kodos.
Old 07-06-2012, 02:32 PM   #87
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Pick it up? It's only available tonight for season pass folks. Hard copy release date is the 10th.

Or is that what you mean?
Old 07-06-2012, 02:34 PM   #88
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Pick it up? It's only available tonight for season pass folks. Hard copy release date is the 10th.

Or is that what you mean?
That is, in fact, what I meant.
Old 07-06-2012, 02:48 PM   #89
cartman
Death Herald

Thanks for the reminder. Download starts in a little over two hours!
Old 07-06-2012, 03:23 PM   #90
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:

Expecting first impressions by the morning
Old 07-06-2012, 03:32 PM   #91
cartman
Death Herald

I hope it is done downloading before I have to head out. I'm driving to Ft. Worth tonight, and won't be back until late next week.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:35 PM   #92
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
I forgot, you can download games. Smacks head!
Old 07-06-2012, 04:45 PM   #93
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post

Any talk of an online xbox league? I'd love to join one that doesn't have kodos.

No danger of you ever being in a league with me, sir. No danger of that at all.

There is a secret one that I am working night and day to exclude you from. I will go to any lengths to keep you out!

**cackles maniacally while stroking a black cat**

Last edited by Kodos : 07-06-2012 at 04:50 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 05:01 PM   #94
cartman
Death Herald

7.58GB

I have a fast connection, but this might take a while.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:09 PM   #95
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
7.58GB

I have a fast connection, but this might take a while.

I have a pretty good connection but for whatever reason my ps3 d'loads slow most of the time and then every once in awhile it goes as fast as I think it should. My son, who lives in another town, doesn't have this problem.

In the end there's no way I would get the "ticket" to get the game three days early. Not so much the money but, there's a good chance my release day shipping from Amazon would arrive before the d'load was done
Old 07-06-2012, 05:11 PM   #96
chadritt
High School Varsity

Are you wireless? My wireless in my apartment is great for everything but the PS3. Making it wired was AMAZING. Went form low quality SD for netflix streams to X-High quality HD instantly.
chadritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 05:52 PM   #97
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:

**cackles maniacally **

Is this out of the ordinary?
Old 07-06-2012, 05:52 PM   #98
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadritt View Post
Are you wireless? My wireless in my apartment is great for everything but the PS3. Making it wired was AMAZING. Went form low quality SD for netflix streams to X-High quality HD instantly.

I wired the xbox early on and haven't regretted that for a second.
Old 07-06-2012, 06:49 PM   #99
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Seems like a damn good review and kind of dampens my excitement for Tuesday.

The Gaming Tailgate - NCAA Football 13 Retail Release Impressions
Old 07-06-2012, 07:47 PM   #100
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

I'd more more shocked to actually read that the game is amazing. Pretty much what I expected. Of course I pre-ordered yesterday.
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote