Old 07-06-2012, 07:50 PM   #101
General Mike
Pro Starter

Gonna need a bigger hard drive
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:33 PM   #102
BYU 14
Coordinator

sounds like the issues with cover 2 that existed in the demo are still present, hopefully sliders can fix this.

Glad to hear the passing is as advertised, there is always a way to get it balanced enough to be fun, but damn it would be great to see this work right on default.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:37 PM   #103
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Sounds like a poopy game.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:58 PM   #104
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadritt View Post
Are you wireless? My wireless in my apartment is great for everything but the PS3. Making it wired was AMAZING. Went form low quality SD for netflix streams to X-High quality HD instantly.

I am wireless now but have also had it wired. No difference. Guys here tried helping me with different settings awhile back with only marginal improvement.
Had the demo d'loading overnight and IIRC it was at ~87% when I got up in the morning.

I can have a 25mb patch (like a Madden or NCAA patch) that would d'load in about 2 seconds to pc take 15+ minutes and sometimes flat stall out after all that time. I often have it go quickly (2-3 seconds) to ~10% and then stop. Restart a few times and then boom, it's like it hits a sweet spot and d'loads at a somewhat normal speed. My son patches his games first time, every time at normal speeds on his ps3. I've had two ps3s. A launch 20gig and a slim 300gig(or whatever the hd is) both behaved the same either wired or wireless. I just live with it.

FWIW I can get HD shows like Law and Order on netflix in very high\extreme HD without any problem.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:51 PM   #105
Balldog
Pro Rookie

I got the Early Release version tonight and played 3 games in total all on default All-American.

Gm 1 - As Ohio State (home), I beat Michigan 23-17 on 6 minute quarters. Both teams moved the ball well and had over 330 yards. Michigan could not stop my running game at all which made for a long day for their defense. Robinson is a bitch to stop from scrambling but in the 2nd half I made sure to have a spy on him at all times. He had 67 yards rushing and the spy really opened the passing game as he completed 12 of 15 passes.

Gm 2 - As Michigan State (away), I beat Wisconsin 21-17 on 7 minute quarters. I was hoping to see somewhat of a defensive struggle and I did, neither team did much offensively other than run the ball decently. Both teams had over 100 yards rushing. Ball was tough to stop and Bell was fun to run with, he had 135 yards for me.

Gm 3 - As South Carolina (away), I lost to Arkansas 30-24 on 8 minute quarters in OT. I was hoping for more of a shootout and got decent results. I jumped ahead 17-3 at the half and they fought back to tie it at 17 early in the 4th before exchanging TDs. They contained Lattimore for the most part, he had 24 carries and 85 yards. Wilson was 24-37 with 319 yards, 3 TDs and 2 INTs for Arkansas. They also ran the ball well.

So far I am pleased, it is more like NCAA 12.5 but that isn't completely horrible. There are a few issues but nothing gamekiller that I have seen yet. I'm planning to avoid OS because I have found that I enjoy games a lot more when I am not reading all the nitpicking.

Slider wise, I recommend lowering Kickoff Pwr to 40 for both USER & CPU. May also look at lowering HUM INT to 45 or 45.

I may tinker around with Heisman mode tomorrow. I will say All-American mode on default is definitely a better opponent than it was last year.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:52 PM   #106
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmooth View Post
I'd more more shocked to actually read that the game is amazing. Pretty much what I expected. Of course I pre-ordered yesterday.

lol.. I pre-ordered a long time ago.. I do get enjoyment out of the game.. but at some point my brain has to start saying.. hey dumbass.. why do you get excited year after year for any sports game with "EA" on it.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:53 PM   #107
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I always play on default AA, 8 minute quarters and since Mizzou is now in the SEC, this should be an interesting season with this game.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:02 PM   #108
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
They made some small changes to recruiting, but I like them. There is the addition of scouts, which can raise or lower the rating you have of a player. Now, when you make the calls to the recruits, you can always select the pitch you want to make, instead of the random one that would always pop up. There is also the option to let the player choose a topic, which nets you a little extra bonus in recruiting points.

As for the gameplay, so far I'm agreeing with the 12.5 feel. I didn't see the super linebackers that have been there the past few versions. Running seems to be ok.

I'm always amused at the folks who change their sliders, and declare everything broken/fixed after playing only one or two games with those sliders. It takes a lot bigger sample size than that to make a definitive declaration.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:10 PM   #109
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post
I'm planning to avoid OS because I have found that I enjoy games a lot more when I am not reading all the nitpicking.

I agree completely. I've decided this is critical to my enjoying NCAA/Madden games. I've spent more time reading about crap then actually playing the game the last few years. Time to go all pre-historic (pre-internet) and just enjoy the game and have some fun. We'll see how it goes...heh.
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:00 AM   #110
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

ALWAYS avoid OS, at least every forum except for the NHL forum.

Bitching because Notre Dame's helmets aren't a perfect gold... goodness.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:33 AM   #111
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
ALWAYS avoid OS, at least every forum except for the NHL forum.

Bitching because Notre Dame's helmets aren't a perfect gold... goodness.

I peruse the slider and roster forum and try to avoid the rest. I've d'loaded enough sliders over the years so have a good idea which creators have similar skills to me and stick to their threads.

But yeah, some of the non-issues they bitch about are comical while others I would never notice if I stayed away. Last year is a good example on the recruit tendencies changing when they came to school. It led me to getting rid of the game and yet I wonder if I would have noticed if not for OS. I just couldn't get over recruiting a speed back and wondering if he would come in as a power back. In the end I probably missed out on some fun since besides that issue I was enjoying the game. Staying away this year and forming my own impressions.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:53 AM   #112
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I typically don't deal with sliders...I have in years past when receivers dropped a hundred passes, but typically I don't mess with it. I don't read what others complain about, either.

Once I get it, I'll hammer out a varsity season, move to All American for a season or two, then bust out Heisman the rest of the way.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:54 AM   #113
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
I peruse the slider and roster forum and try to avoid the rest. I've d'loaded enough sliders over the years so have a good idea which creators have similar skills to me and stick to their threads.

But yeah, some of the non-issues they bitch about are comical while others I would never notice if I stayed away. Last year is a good example on the recruit tendencies changing when they came to school. It led me to getting rid of the game and yet I wonder if I would have noticed if not for OS. I just couldn't get over recruiting a speed back and wondering if he would come in as a power back. In the end I probably missed out on some fun since besides that issue I was enjoying the game. Staying away this year and forming my own impressions.

Any word on rosters this year. I assume Pasta Padre will be hammering them out.
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:58 AM   #114
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
That'll be who I go with.
Old 07-07-2012, 12:12 PM   #115
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Rosters - I always use FAIRDALE KINGS
Old 07-07-2012, 12:39 PM   #116
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Glad to read the posts here. I have been reading OS and it was making me think about passing, but hearing people are enjoying it here, I will probably get it Tuesday. I am off this week and have been looking forward to giving it a go.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:39 PM   #117
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Rosters - I always use FAIRDALE KINGS

Same here.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:26 PM   #118
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
I always play on default AA, 8 minute quarters and since Mizzou is now in the SEC, this should be an interesting season with this game.

I preordered for the same reason. Haven't played this game since NCAA 10, so it should be a significant improvement over that version. Wife got me Dragon's Dogma for Father's Day and I wasn't interested in that, so I exchanged for a NCAA preorder. We'll call it a free game for me.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:28 PM   #119
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
I preordered for the same reason. Haven't played this game since NCAA 10, so it should be a significant improvement over that version. Wife got me Dragon's Dogma for Father's Day and I wasn't interested in that, so I exchanged for a NCAA preorder. We'll call it a free game for me.

How could you not love DD?

I know we all have different tastes.. but that was one of my favorite top 5 games of all time.

Back to NCAA 13.. it's going to be brutal playing the likes of Bama, Georgia, Florida, etc..

Last edited by MizzouRah : 07-07-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:33 PM   #120
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:

I know we all have different tastes.. but that was one of my favorite top 5 games of all time.

Back to NCAA 13.. it's going to be brutal playing the likes of Bama, Georgia, Florida, etc..

DD is just not my cup of tea. It's more the genre than any real gripe about the game itself. I'll get a lot more enjoyment out of a sports game.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:34 PM   #121
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:

And Tennessee!

I haven't heard of Fairdale.

I'll give em a look.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:37 PM   #122
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
And Tennessee!

I'll give em a look.

Does Tennessee have a football program?

Edit: Oh, you're talking about Vanderbilt.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 07-07-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:42 PM   #123
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Does Tennessee have a football program?

Edit: Oh, you're talking about Vanderbilt.

Hey Vandy has the same number of national championships as Mizzou! How cute!

Last edited by Poli : 07-07-2012 at 02:20 PM.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 02:09 PM   #124
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

I'm on ps3 so rosters choices are more limited than 360. There's a group supposedly renaming with some edits all weekend. No guess on when they'll be done. I just like to have real names since they're all gone in 4 years anyway. Hell, if I felt I was ready to start and no roster was available I'd probably just "name" my Hawkeyes and use the default for the rest and be happy. Then again if someone gets out a nice edited set I'm not going to turn my nose up at it, and if it's real good I might even restart.
Old 07-07-2012, 02:22 PM   #125
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
And Tennessee!

I'll give em a look.

Oh yes.. quite a match up!

Fairdale does an excellent job and they are free to boot.
Old 07-07-2012, 02:26 PM   #126
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:

I'll be at the UT games in Columbia every year, regardless of sport.

I nearly bought tickets to the game in Neyland...but instead I bought the warmer climate game with better seats for less money.

I'll definitely go to next year's game at Columbia High School though!
Old 07-07-2012, 02:28 PM   #127
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'll be at the UT games in Columbia every year, regardless of sport.

I nearly bought tickets to the game in Neyland...but instead I bought the warmer climate game with better seats for less money.

I'll definitely go to next year's game at Columbia High School though!

We will need to hookup!
Old 07-07-2012, 02:30 PM   #128
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:

Does Fairdale post them on OS or Gaming Tailgate? First year playing with XBox, so would like to get a good set.

Got spoiled by luvtotha9s on PS3
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 02:31 PM   #129
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Seriously though, MIZ has a better chance at success that aTm and much better than most give you credit for.

I think you can hang with or beat Tennessee, Florida, and South Carolina. You guys have fought heavyweight teams in Oklahoma and Texas...SEC teams are tough but you've had tough games before. You'll beat Vandy and Kentucky. You will likely lose to Bama but who doesn't these days? The Georgia game is the mettle game. I want you to put 50 on them and tell them Poli said hi.

By the way, feel free to punch any UGA fan that barks during a kickoff at your place.
Old 07-07-2012, 02:32 PM   #130
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
We will need to hookup!
I'm much closer now. I'm in the Saint of Charles!
Old 07-07-2012, 02:34 PM   #131
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Seriously though, MIZ has a better chance at success that aTm and much better than most give you credit for.

I think you can hang with or beat Tennessee, Florida, and South Carolina. You guys have fought heavyweight teams in Oklahoma and Texas...SEC teams are tough but you've had tough games before. You'll beat Vandy and Kentucky. You will likely lose to Bama but who doesn't these days? The Georgia game is the mettle game. I want you to put 50 on them and tell them Poli said hi.

By the way, feel free to punch any UGA fan that barks during a kickoff at your place.

Our OL and DL lines are not going to be able to handle Bama or Georgia..

South Carolina will be tough as well as Florida, playing at the swamp.

Looking forward to it though.. at least we will have more games on TV this year!
Old 07-07-2012, 02:34 PM   #132
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm much closer now. I'm in the Saint of Charles!

Oh yeah.. a hop, skip and a jump from Troy.
Old 07-07-2012, 02:36 PM   #133
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Dink and dunk offense with four bear crawling d-linemen!
Old 07-07-2012, 02:37 PM   #134
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Oh yeah.. a hop, skip and a jump from Troy.

More so than Good Earth Bonne Terre!
Old 07-07-2012, 02:45 PM   #135
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
More so than Good Earth Bonne Terre!

Old 07-07-2012, 03:56 PM   #136
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Think I'm going to wait. Played the demo and then went back and played a game of '11 and they didn't feel all that different. At least not $45 worth of different.

And I found the cut ins from other games annoying and disrupted the rhythm of the game.

Last edited by BillJasper : 07-07-2012 at 06:13 PM.
BillJasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 04:12 PM   #137
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
I'm on ps3 so rosters choices are more limited than 360. There's a group supposedly renaming with some edits all weekend. No guess on when they'll be done. I just like to have real names since they're all gone in 4 years anyway. Hell, if I felt I was ready to start and no roster was available I'd probably just "name" my Hawkeyes and use the default for the rest and be happy. Then again if someone gets out a nice edited set I'm not going to turn my nose up at it, and if it's real good I might even restart.

I've been thinking about rosters a lot lately, and the most fun I ever had was the year I used rosters that were random names. But then again, I didn't use Rutgers in that dynasty so I had no preconceptions.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:49 AM   #138
Balldog
Pro Rookie

After only 2 games I am finding Heisman difficulty to play very well out of the box. Both games felt balanced but maybe a little to easy to run. I am hoping to play a few more games tonight.

They also fixed the CPU from attempting crazy long FG attempts.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:37 PM   #139
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I've been reading some impressions about default Heisman... very interesting.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:48 PM   #140
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I fought the urge all day to download it early. I'll be playing at some point Wednesday evening.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:42 AM   #141
A-Husker-4-Life
College Prospect

One Question;

Did they fix the Depth Chart Logic?

IE, no FB or TE at OL or MLB at DE or DE and so on..

Thanks..
Old 07-09-2012, 10:58 AM   #142
bhlloy
Coordinator

I think the question would be did they fix the game engine so a MLB or S with speed and strength isn't considered a better DE than an actual DE with DE skills. I'm guessing the answer to that is no but I'm hoping I'm pleasantly surprised
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:12 PM   #143
Kodos
Resident Alien

Alright. Just got notice that my Amazon copy has shipped! Woot!
Old 07-09-2012, 03:11 PM   #144
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Mine too.. will have to fire it up tomorrow!
Old 07-09-2012, 03:12 PM   #145
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Mine too.. will have to fire it up tomorrow!

Lucky! I will have mine on the 11th (wife's birthday is tomorrow)
Old 07-09-2012, 03:13 PM   #146
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

I got a notice that they're doing a midnight release at the Gamestop where I reserved. Guess I'll go over and grab it since my wife and kids are out of town for the next week.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:52 PM   #147
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Lucky! I will have mine on the 11th (wife's birthday is tomorrow)

My wife's birthday is today..
Old 07-09-2012, 05:08 PM   #148
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
My wife's birthday is today..
My brother's was yesterday.

This used to be birthday week for me. My mom's was the 6th. Brother's the 8th. My dad's the 10th. Now it's double birthday on the 10th.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:10 PM   #149
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

My mom's birthday is tomorrow too. Might stop me from caving tomorrow - won't have much time to play anyway (taking her to surprise lunch and then known dinner.)
Old 07-09-2012, 09:54 PM   #150
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

July is definitely the busiest month of my life. Wife's birthday, two soccer teams I coach are starting up for fall, a soccer tournament, soccer camp, college football gearing up, etc.. it's usually a blur and then August is here and we are right back into school.