Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-19-2012, 03:54 PM   #7551
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Yeah, I hate presentee-ism. You don't have a right to make everyone else at your work sick so I definitely like when PTO and vacation are separated out.

SI

Luckily I can segregate myself from everyone else at work and not cause that. Plus we work with the public and peoples cars, so my office is pretty much a petry dish anyway. We go through gallons of hand sanitizer.

I just like it because you don't have people callin out "sick" for bs reasons because they have sick time but no vacation.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:04 PM   #7552
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
80 degrees outside. Just murdered my entrance test for Nursing school. Final grades posted for the previous quarter and got my first 4-point since returning to school. Turned in my application for the Nursing program and was told I'm pretty much a lock in a really competitive program.

Days like this don't happen too often, but god damn does it feel good.

Congrats man!

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:46 PM   #7553
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Damn -- this weather is nuts, I think the past week has been all record breaking highs and the rest of this week will continue to be record breaking highs. Not just by a few degrees either, by 10+ even in some cases. For instance, the average high for tomorrow is 41 degrees, the record high is 62. High for tomorrow? 79. Fucking nuts, I say.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:49 PM   #7554
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Same here. We've been in the low 80s in Indy and set new records every day since last Wednesday or Thursday. It should break with some storms Thursday night

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:51 PM   #7555
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Even with our storms coming in, we'll be 20 degrees above average. I ain't gonna complain. I'm not going to be pale white for that much longer! I might look good before summer even comes! WOOOHOO!
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:20 PM   #7556
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

I haven't slept in 39 hours. Why am I not tired..
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:23 PM   #7557
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
I haven't slept in 39 hours. Why am I not tired..

Because they have put something in your water. It is all just a game to them. Can't you hear them laughing? They are watching, so don't react or they will be on to you.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:33 PM   #7558
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Jedikooter has twice as many random thoughts as anyone else.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:38 PM   #7559
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Screw the temps, it's the pollen count that's ridiculous
Atlanta weather | Pollen count over 8,000 shatters old record for Atlanta *| ajc.com
Old 03-20-2012, 12:29 AM   #7560
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

It's always this neat kind of tool that I can never find on this forum.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:20 AM   #7561
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
It's always this neat kind of tool that I can never find on this forum.

If you go to the Off Topic page, you'll notice that replies is hyperlinked for each thread. Click it...!
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:28 AM   #7562
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Screw the temps, it's the pollen count that's ridiculous
Atlanta weather | Pollen count over 8,000 shatters old record for Atlanta *| ajc.com

Is everything in the city turning yellow? A couple years back in Richmond, it was insane and my license plate holder still has a yellow tinge from that year.

SI

Old 03-20-2012, 07:06 AM   #7563
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Nothing annoys me more than looking at the scores drag by on the bottom of the ESPN screen, seeing one that's an upset I've been rooting for, and then seeing the 'NCAAW' in the corner.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:21 AM   #7564
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What is up with men's pants these days. A couple of months ago, I wore out a couple of older pair of black khakis at work- holes in them that couldn't be repaired. It's now two or three months later and I've found a couple of ok pairs but nothing remotely comfortable like my old pants. It seems like tight legs are in and it's just frustrating. It's like I told the person ringing me up at Penney's last night- it'd be one thing if I had gotten fatter and my waist were suddenly an inch or two bigger. But I've been within 5 lbs of my current weight for the last 5+ years and my older pants still fit great so it's not that. It's something with the current style of pants.

Anyone know of some comfy relatively inexpensive khakis with more room in the legs?

SI

I have found pants! The Haggar work-to-weekend khakis seem to fit my needs. They have this slightly annoying flexible waistband that makes them a little too loose but with a belt, they're ok, and it's work so I'm always wearing a belt. However, the rest of the waist area fits nicely so I'm more than happy.

Oddly enough, pleated ones work better for me, too. I almost always have picked up flat front in the past but they were tight around my legs. Diamond shape vs box shape, I guess.

SI

Old 03-20-2012, 07:37 AM   #7565
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Is everything in the city turning yellow? A couple years back in Richmond, it was insane and my license plate holder still has a yellow tinge from that year.

Oddly enough, it's not all that yellow. Apparently the pollens rampaging the city aren't the usual bright colored ones but rather a whole spate of odds & ends that make it like trying to breath rubber cement.

Oh yeah, we have a new record this morning: 9,369, which is 55% higher than the old record that stood since 1999
Atlanta weather | Pollen count soars to over 9,000 *| ajc.com
Old 03-20-2012, 10:35 AM   #7566
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:

And that's a slow day.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 03-20-2012, 11:12 AM   #7567
booradley
High School Varsity

Places I Miss - Part I

In my school days there used to be a second-run theatre/restaurant where the tickets were $1, you sat at tables and could order all sorts of good pub food and pitchers of beer from passing waitresses. Man - so many good memories, especially when a waitress dumped an entire tray's worth of beers on some guy's lap during the middle of a film. They couldn't turn the house lights on because it would ruin the movie, so they had to try and clean up the mess / placate a po'd patron in the dark. Wonderfully chaotic to a bunch of drunk college kids.
booradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:22 AM   #7568
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by booradley View Post
Places I Miss - Part I

In my school days there used to be a second-run theatre/restaurant where the tickets were $1, you sat at tables and could order all sorts of good pub food and pitchers of beer from passing waitresses. Man - so many good memories, especially when a waitress dumped an entire tray's worth of beers on some guy's lap during the middle of a film. They couldn't turn the house lights on because it would ruin the movie, so they had to try and clean up the mess / placate a po'd patron in the dark. Wonderfully chaotic to a bunch of drunk college kids.

Places like that are always awesome finds.

There was a place across the street from where I lived, when I was a kid, that was call, Mr. Fish n Chips. A small place attached to the same building, but not part of, a Vons supermarket in San Diego. You ordered your food and while you waited, there was a room in the back that had a small movie theater where you could watch 3 Stooges, Bug Bunny cartoons, Abbot and Costello, Little Rascals, etc...I hate sea food, but, I love me some 3 Stooges.

Old 03-20-2012, 11:47 AM   #7569
spleen1015
Coordinator

The world is coming to an end. Skip Bayless has been nominated for a sports Emmy.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:03 PM   #7570
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
The world is coming to an end. Skip Bayless has been nominated for a sports Emmy.

Relax. This doesn't elevate Bayless, but simply downgrades the importance of the sports Emmy.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:08 PM   #7571
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Relax. This doesn't elevate Bayless, but simply downgrades the importance of the sports Emmy.

That's a good way to look at it.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:08 PM   #7572
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

That's a random thought that doesn't deserve any thread.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:09 PM   #7573
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post

+1

SI

Old 03-20-2012, 01:06 PM   #7574
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Yeah, I have my reading glasses now...I didn't realize my eyesight was that bad.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:37 PM   #7575
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
Yeah, I have my reading glasses now...I didn't realize my eyesight was that bad.

Good thing they have a pill for the other thing. Try getting glasses to stay on that!

Old 03-20-2012, 03:57 PM   #7576
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Places I Miss - Part I

There's a place very similar to this in La Crosse, WI. One of the best movie going experiences ever.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:40 PM   #7577
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Am I the only one who thinks the Devils song is way better than Johnnys?
Old 03-20-2012, 09:06 PM   #7578
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Good thing they have a pill for the other thing. Try getting glasses to stay on that!

Glasses? Hell I can pound nails with it!
Old 03-20-2012, 11:55 PM   #7579
Suicane75
Coordinator

The Ropers. What A bad idea.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:54 AM   #7580
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I don't normally mess with the spell check on Word, but I'm a little concerned that I might accidentally replace the term "indemnitor," which Word doesn't recognize, with "inseminator, which Word suggests as its most likely replacement.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:22 AM   #7581
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Am I the only one who thinks the Devils song is way better than Johnnys?

All I know is I can't stand the "son of a gun" version, it just doesn't fit the whole attitude.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:04 AM   #7582
Logan
Head Coach

I understand some people are like Larry David, and when they walk into a bathroom without urinal dividers, they head to a stall. But when the dividers are perfectly acceptable in terms of privacy, and you still head to the stall to take a leak when one of the two urinals in the office bathroom are open...I will never trust you.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:20 AM   #7583
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
If you go to the Off Topic page, you'll notice that replies is hyperlinked for each thread. Click it...!

I don't see it ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:24 AM   #7584
booradley
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I understand some people are like Larry David, and when they walk into a bathroom without urinal dividers, they head to a stall. But when the dividers are perfectly acceptable in terms of privacy, and you still head to the stall to take a leak when one of the two urinals in the office bathroom are open...I will never trust you.

I can live with that. I pee alone, sir. I pee alone ...
booradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:26 AM   #7585
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
I don't see it ...

Oh snap, now I see it.
Quote:
Old 03-21-2012, 10:28 AM   #7586
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
I can live with that. I pee alone, sir. I pee alone ...

Raise your hand in 5 seconds so I can see if you're the guy I work with.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:22 AM   #7587
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
Glasses? Hell I can pound nails with it!

They don't call you "The Carpenter of Buffalo" for nothing.

Old 03-21-2012, 11:38 AM   #7588
Rizon
Pro Starter

I so love the fresh clicky-click sound of a new keyboard.
Quote:
Old 03-21-2012, 07:07 PM   #7589
ColtCrazy
College Starter

In the span of 24 hours, I went from being honored by 3 outgoing seniors at an awards presentation as their most influential teacher throughout their education to upsetting one of my own students because she was joking around and me saying something jokingly in return that she got defensive about. Ugh. Life sure does have a way of humbling you.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:13 PM   #7590
molson
General Manager

Have you ever had a couple of beers and gotten caught in an internet/youtube vortex? Let me explain.

I had a few crazy busy days at work this week, got through them, and tonight, was sitting around, having a few beers, and catching up on the DVR. Was watching the ESPN 30 for 30 documentary "The Announcement" about Magic Johnson, which of course, was compelling stuff. I remembered it all pretty clearly, the claims of "flu like symptoms", the mysterious disappearance from the Lakers pre-season that year, and then the shocking press conference, and it all somehow brought me to early 90s molson...at which point I started to think about Reggie Lewis - my favorite athlete after Larry Bird retired. His death was crazy devastating for me as a kid....so of course I hit the youtube, and found 10 minutes of sportscenter from the day after he died - this was a sportcenter episode I had recorded as a kid and probably watched 100 times - but to see it for the first time in 20 years or so was pretty crazy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpMi8N9VcNw

THEN, of course, I go a little further and find this 2 minute 1993 Boston news clip of first-hand accounts of Lewis' collapse and death -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szv3QoN4hZw

...and right in the middle of it - Sgt. James Crowley, who of course, made headlines a couple decades later by arresting a Harvard law professor and having the president call him "stupid". So then I started youtubing Boston news stories making that connection....

Now, I still need to finish the Magic Johnson documentary, but really, the point here, and the random thought that doesn't deserve its own thread - it's amazing how a high speed internet connection and a few beers can take you back decades in a way you didn't expect.

Edit: And THEN I realized that in high school, I had a girlfriend whose father was a doctor at the same hospital as that quack Dr. Gilbert Mudge ("Reggie Lewis can continue to play without limitation")......I wish I had asked him about that guy at one of those awkward dinners at her house with her parents....

Last edited by molson : 03-21-2012 at 11:19 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:33 PM   #7591
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I've done that with music, old concerts I've been to or bands I like that have clips on youtube. I remember one fun night a few years back when me and Lorena were instant messaging urls for clips back and forth.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:03 AM   #7592
Radii
Head Coach

I don't need a couple beers to get lost in youtube for hours at a time heh. Sports highlights and looking for live/rare/acoustic performances by my favorite bands are the usual ways that ends up.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:24 AM   #7593
spleen1015
Coordinator

I don't drink, but I find this sort of thing happening with wikipedia. I'll go on there to look up something, then end up spending an hour because 1 link leads to another.

Last edited by spleen1015 : 03-22-2012 at 07:24 AM.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:31 AM   #7594
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I don't drink, but I find this sort of thing happening with wikipedia. I'll go on there to look up something, then end up spending an hour because 1 link leads to another.

Same. I thought this was just a "feature" of the internet

SI

Old 03-22-2012, 07:01 PM   #7595
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

As I told SI earlier, in a sure sign of impending doom, today is the 2nd day in a row I've been home from work before the sun sets. Worse, tomorrow the lead engineer, payload manager, and deputy program manager will all be out of the office. I'm relatively convinced that the s/c is going to blow up or something. Things only seem to go wrong when any one of us is out of the office.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:06 PM   #7596
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

So, who has March 23rd, 2012 as end of the human race?

SI

Old 03-22-2012, 08:48 PM   #7597
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Same. I thought this was just a "feature" of the internet

SI

Oh ya, that's pretty much the main thing the internet is for, but it's usually a sad, soulless experience where you feel like you're drifting closer and closer to ceasing to exist. Like a sober-in-a-casino-at-3AM kind of feeling. I just found it weird last night that it took me someplace more emotional, or enlightening.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:12 PM   #7598
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
a sad, soulless experience where you feel like you're drifting closer and closer to ceasing to exist. Like a sober-in-a-casino-at-3AM kind of feeling.

I particularly remember being 12 years old in an arcade when they closed, as all the blinking, booping machines went dark and silent, too-bright flourescent lights flickered on, as all the remaining, overly greasy teenagers shuffled slowly towards the exits. Good times.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:19 PM   #7599
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
As I told SI earlier, in a sure sign of impending doom, today is the 2nd day in a row I've been home from work before the sun sets. Worse, tomorrow the lead engineer, payload manager, and deputy program manager will all be out of the office. I'm relatively convinced that the s/c is going to blow up or something. Things only seem to go wrong when any one of us is out of the office.

/tk

So you're saying tomorrow might be Judgement Day?

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 03-22-2012 at 09:19 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:45 PM   #7600
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Nowhere, and I do mean nowhere, does my inner redneck come out like it does when I'm in the kitchen.