Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-14-2011, 12:55 PM   #2651
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

So if only one student is dealing with parenthood, what the hell are the other 89 doing?
Old 01-14-2011, 01:13 PM   #2652
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
So if only one student is dealing with parenthood, what the hell are the other 89 doing?

Likely continuing the cycle of being a shitty parent so their daughters can have a baby in 15 years.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 01:29 PM   #2653
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

imma just step off the bus right here thanks
Old 01-14-2011, 02:07 PM   #2654
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
imma just step off the bus right here thanks

hmmmmm, I see what you did there. My comment wasn't meant to be taken that way. Apologies if anyone was offended.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:59 PM   #2655
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Fed Ex semi drivers are dangerous motherfucks. Chances are that if I see crazy shit go down on the highway, they are involved.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:13 PM   #2656
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
Why didn't I discover going to an actual butcher shop to get steaks before? I had always been wasting my time at the grocery store buying what now seem to be mediocre cuts of beef. I bought two filet mignons from the butcher in Los Gatos that were cut to order, and they came out as good as any restaurant steak I've had.

Not only that but the cost difference can be astronomical. We haven't bought meat at the grocery store in years.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:17 PM   #2657
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I never realized how many classic rock songs I can sing along to, yet I probably have no idea what the song is actually called. And in some cases who the band singing it is.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:15 AM   #2658
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Feeling old at the moment. No particular reason really, just feeling closer to 143 than 43. Usually I blame my years in radio (which age humans at a 7:1 rate, just like dogs) but I don't think that's it tonight.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:15 AM   #2659
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I never realized how many classic rock songs I can sing along to, yet I probably have no idea what the song is actually called. And in some cases who the band singing it is.

One of the traditional offenders for that is Head East Never Been Any Reason.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:17 AM   #2660
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Feeling old at the moment. No particular reason really, just feeling closer to 143 than 43. Usually I blame my years in radio (which age humans at a 7:1 rate, just like dogs) but I don't think that's it tonight.

Old people aren't allowed to 'think,' Oldy McOlderstein.

You may, however, yell at a cloud.

SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:19 AM   #2661
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Old people aren't allowed to 'think,' Oldy McOlderstein. You may, however, yell at a cloud.

Heh, you reminded me of my favorite generic wrestler name references of the past several years "Facey McFace" & "Heely McHeel".
Old 01-15-2011, 01:21 AM   #2662
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Heh, you reminded me of my favorite generic wrestler name references of the past several years "Facey McFace" & "Heely McHeel".

Is that what you called General Sherman when you met him?
Old 01-15-2011, 01:28 AM   #2663
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Is that what you called General Sherman when you met him?

Nah, I was too busy talking about his Mama ... which was silly she we all know he was a motherless son of whore.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:35 AM   #2664
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Nah, I was too busy talking about his Mama ... which was silly she we all know he was a motherless son of whore.

So that's why Atlanta burned when he peed.
Old 01-15-2011, 04:38 AM   #2665
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:

In radio? Please tell me you don't work in fucking radio. Please, for the sake of all that ever was.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 04:59 AM   #2666
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Hey, what's wrong with working in fucking radio?

(a 7 year veteran of the biz before I got out, not by my choice).

Oh, -2 degrees this morning (-19 celsius for those of you overseas)
Old 01-15-2011, 05:02 AM   #2667
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Nothing is wrong with working in fucking radio. That is other than the two decades of experience I have.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:03 AM   #2668
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Old people aren't allowed to 'think,' Oldy McOlderstein.

You may, however, yell at a cloud.

I'm just glad it gives me a chance to post this:

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:38 AM   #2669
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
In radio? Please tell me you don't work in fucking radio. Please, for the sake of all that ever was.

Where the hell have you been? I took my first full-time radio gig the day after HS graduation & spent the next ... oh damn, let's call it more than a decade, doing it. That came after getting involved with HS sports pbp when I was 13. Ran the gamut of roles really, pulled a regular air shift for most of it but also spent nearly half the time doubling as a new director for a couple of suburban Atlanta stations (got a couple of wire service Stringer of the Year awards that way), which came after I was a fairly successful MD/PD for one of the better Southern Gospel stations in the state.

Eventually got out of the station side of the business after going through 3 straight ownership changes with 3 different stations & went to work at an ad agency via my wife. Still did HS pbp for another 6 years after that though, an fill-in gig for a friend that turned into one of the longer interim stints ever.

But other than that, nah, I wasn't a radio guy
Old 01-15-2011, 10:32 AM   #2670
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
One of the traditional offenders for that is Head East Never Been Any Reason.

Yeah, you win this round. I've heard that a bizillion times and had no clue who sang it. I also have a problem with whether something is foreigner, kansas or journey(there's probably 4-5 other bands that overlap here too)

Last edited by stevew : 01-15-2011 at 10:33 AM.
Old 01-15-2011, 05:12 PM   #2671
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Where the hell have you been? I took my first full-time radio gig the day after HS graduation & spent the next ... oh damn, let's call it more than a decade, doing it. That came after getting involved with HS sports pbp when I was 13. Ran the gamut of roles really, pulled a regular air shift for most of it but also spent nearly half the time doubling as a new director for a couple of suburban Atlanta stations (got a couple of wire service Stringer of the Year awards that way), which came after I was a fairly successful MD/PD for one of the better Southern Gospel stations in the state.

Eventually got out of the station side of the business after going through 3 straight ownership changes with 3 different stations & went to work at an ad agency via my wife. Still did HS pbp for another 6 years after that though, an fill-in gig for a friend that turned into one of the longer interim stints ever.

But other than that, nah, I wasn't a radio guy

I had my head up my tuner.

I started out 20 years back down in Cocoa, FL. Ended up in upstate NY & home in Detroit doing either overnights or afternoon drive mostly on R&B stations. For the last decade I've been a board op in NYC. I have tried to get out several times & they pull me back in.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:50 PM   #2672
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Wiz Khalifa(sp) is a fucking genius for recording "Black and Yellow". If the Steelers win next weekend, he will probably sell like a million ringtones.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:03 PM   #2673
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I miss this view...

This was basically the view from my home when I lived in Utah.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Timp.jpg (39.9 KB, 136 views)
Old 01-15-2011, 11:48 PM   #2674
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Went apartment shopping with the fiance today. Afterward she finally told me just how big of a nestegg she had stashed away. I was very surprised. Kind of fast tracks our plans. I really liked that...but my mind is buzzing.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:23 AM   #2675
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
I miss this view...

This was basically the view from my home when I lived in Utah.

Don't despair.

There are many communities in the U.S where you can see buildings, trees and light posts.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:36 AM   #2676
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
Don't despair.

There are many communities in the U.S where you can see buildings, trees and light posts.

He's in Buffalo now. I think what he misses is the light amount of snow he had in Utah.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:55 AM   #2677
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I think it's the antenna he misses the most.
Old 01-16-2011, 01:18 AM   #2678
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
I think it's the antenna he misses the most.

Very Flinestone looking.. especially with that pterodactyl bird house.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:17 AM   #2679
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Wiz Khalifa(sp) is a fucking genius for recording "Black and Yellow". If the Steelers win next weekend, he will probably sell like a million ringtones.

yeah, I had no idea what that referred to. I assumed it was some new drink.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:50 PM   #2680
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

I have owned my playstation 3 for two or three years and just figured out today that I could unplug the control that came with the system and that it is functional without the wire.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:57 PM   #2681
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

lol
Old 01-16-2011, 09:13 PM   #2682
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I RT'd this on Twitter and posted it on Facebook, but in case you didn't see it in one of those places.....

Angry, badly written game review reinterpreted with animation and dramatic reading - Boing Boing

It's an "animated dramatic reading of "Axman13"'s angry, illiterate review of an RPG called Super PSTW."

I think every poorly-written troll post should have a dramatic reading.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:32 AM   #2683
StLee
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
I RT'd this on Twitter and posted it on Facebook, but in case you didn't see it in one of those places.....

Angry, badly written game review reinterpreted with animation and dramatic reading - Boing Boing

It's an "animated dramatic reading of "Axman13"'s angry, illiterate review of an RPG called Super PSTW."

I think every poorly-written troll post should have a dramatic reading.

/tk

That was great! Thanks

Softball in Korea 1 and 2: http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...softball+korea + http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=83736
StLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:20 AM   #2684
Radii
Head Coach

wow tk that's a great find. If only this idea had been out there during jbmagic's FOFC days.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:19 AM   #2685
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Three months ago my boss was looking for any way he could to let me go or make me resign. Things were pretty tough for me in October and November...even early December. I was kinda hating life in the work-related capacity. I was fairly open to others that I was looking for something else at that time. I spoke to our lead technician about it. I spoke to other co-workers about it...even the foreman. I wasn't happy and I was pretty frustrated.

I get my end of year review and it wasn't very pretty but I still had a job. I expected some sort of bogus PIP plan. A plan that, at my company, is just a way for them to get a reason to let you go. Surprisingly, I didn't get it.

Three days later my boss calls me. When he calls, I automatically assume it's because he doesn't like something I've done. Instead, he's in dire need of a technician to respond to a customer about an hour away from St. Louis. The customer, a hospital, had a major problem with an antiquated HVAC controls system. My company was already in the process of negotiating a major upgrade to the system...easily a 6 digit big-money sort of upgrade. In the midst of it all, the system goes down.

The timing couldn't have been better. Just before Christmas. 3/4ths of the staff are on vacation. The only reason I'm not on vacation is I've burned through all my vacation days when I was short on work. The boss calls me basically because I'm his last resort. That's probably the only way I get that call.

I get them up in running in two days...through the snow on Christmas Eve no less. The customer is super impressed. Tells the boss they want me as their service technician when they go through with the upgrade...and now they're 100% positive they want the upgrade thanks to the quality of the service.

The day after Christmas I receive a call from the Edward Jones Dome the day of the last Rams home game. They're having a problem controlling the lighting there...and it's 40 minutes before game time. I'm at church. I take the call and talk the guy through. From there he's able to figure out the problem. He calls my boss to tell him that my help was very much appreciated.

Last week I got an "atta boy" from the same boss at the safety meeting and a "service reward" (read: gift card) for work at a local hotel. Outlook at work: A little better.

I got a call today from one our mechanics. He works at one of our biggest customers. Looks like I'm in line to pick up a day a week there working on their control system. I've got to meet with them some time this week.

Life is grand.

Last edited by Poli : 01-17-2011 at 09:20 AM.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:47 AM   #2686
MJ4H
Coordinator

That's great. Sounds like things are looking up.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:54 AM   #2687
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Awesome news

It sounded rough when you posted a couple of months ago and that kind of thing can just grind you down.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 01-17-2011 at 10:54 AM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:28 AM   #2688
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Two unrelated thoughts:

1. I just discovered that I can watch my TV via-Slingbox on my work computer while at work.

2. Lady H_B is leaving for India on Thursday. She will be gone for 82 days...
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:30 AM   #2689
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
2. Lady H_B is leaving for India on Thursday. She will be gone for 82 days...

Party at H_B's place!!!
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:37 AM   #2690
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Funny, I just got a call on my cell phone from India. I didn't answer it, but they left a voicemail saying "Your services will be needed here this weekend. You know who this is." I don't know who it was.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:43 AM   #2691
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Funny, I just got a call on my cell phone from India. I didn't answer it, but they left a voicemail saying "Your services will be needed here this weekend. You know who this is." I don't know who it was.

HALP
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 01-17-2011, 12:50 PM   #2692
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Two unrelated thoughts:

1. I just discovered that I can watch my TV via-Slingbox on my work computer while at work.

isn't that the only thing Slingbox does?
Old 01-17-2011, 12:57 PM   #2693
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
isn't that the only thing Slingbox does?

It was more the "at work" angle that I was surprised about. You know, given firewalls and restrictions on what you can install on a work pc, etc.

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 01-17-2011 at 12:58 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:01 PM   #2694
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

ah
Old 01-17-2011, 01:31 PM   #2695
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Within the past couple of weeks, my work has blocked Down Goes Brown. Did Maple Leafs poke too much fun at the Penguins or something? Pittsburgh people get their panties in a bunch so easily.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:49 PM   #2696
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Within the past couple of weeks, my work has blocked Down Goes Brown. Did Maple Leafs poke too much fun at the Penguins or something? Pittsburgh people get their panties in a bunch so easily.

That's why Big Ben has to do what he has to do, to get them off of the ladies in bar bathrooms.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:20 PM   #2697
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

I'm eating Indian right now.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:39 PM   #2698
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

As between period contests go, this probably beats a T-shirt cannon..

The Boston Blazers indoor lacrosse team recently had a between-period contest to see which of the three female competitors could give the team's mascot the best lap dance.

La-crossing the line? Boston Blazers halftime show features lap dances - The Source - Latest news and updates from Boston.com

Last edited by SirFozzie : 01-17-2011 at 02:39 PM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:45 PM   #2699
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:

You didn't miss any Devils jokes, he doesn't cover the ECHL.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:57 PM   #2700
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
I'm eating Indian right now.

Ever since I friended Neq(sunny) on Facebook, I find myself having this thought more and more often.