Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-10-2011, 04:24 PM   #2851
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
So Commo just voted to avoid the tie and likely lynch two wolves. His reasoning is we can vote EF tomorrow. Nothing fishy there. Nope.

Fishy would have been doing that move minutes to deadline, not five hours. Someone else can still move to him, but I'm not going to be pressured to voting for someone. As for the tie, Unless it was EF that had the item there is probably no tie that happens tonight anyways. Maybe we end up lynching a villager EF who was not able to get anything out because he can't talk and Narc sticks around for another day.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:27 PM   #2852
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
You agreed we lynch EF before me, but said you feel very strongly about me and are up in the air about EF. That seems rather backwards to me.

I guess if you think EF could be good it makes sense, since I've been pushing him. But still, I can't imagine how I've been more wolf-like than the guy who "revealed" to get out of a lynch and got our seer lynched.

Just letting people know my feelings is all.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:29 PM   #2853
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I won't be around at deadline to help w switches.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:35 PM   #2854
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commo_Soldier View Post
Fishy would have been doing that move minutes to deadline, not five hours. Someone else can still move to him, but I'm not going to be pressured to voting for someone. As for the tie, Unless it was EF that had the item there is probably no tie that happens tonight anyways. Maybe we end up lynching a villager EF who was not able to get anything out because he can't talk and Narc sticks around for another day.

Not that it really matters. EF and Narc either die today and tomorrow or both today. It doesn't matter which one of them dies first if only one croaks today. We are still going to lynch he other one tomorrow. All your vote did was potentially waste a day. It has no bearing on anything other than that. They are both going to die. There is zero chance that we are all of a sudden going to decide not to lynch EF after Narc turns up wolf.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:36 PM   #2855
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Not that it really matters. EF and Narc either die today and tomorrow or both today. It doesn't matter which one of them dies first if only one croaks today. We are still going to lynch he other one tomorrow. All your vote did was potentially waste a day. It has no bearing on anything other than that. They are both going to die. There is zero chance that we are all of a sudden going to decide not to lynch EF after Narc turns up wolf.

Or if Narc turns up villager or that we don't lynch Narc if EF turns up wolf or villager. See where I'm going with this?
Old 10-10-2011, 04:38 PM   #2856
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

I never said we wouldn't lynch EF, or that it will change the vote today. All I said was I'm not voting for EF today when I'm not 100% sold on him, but am on Narc.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:41 PM   #2857
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Unvote EF
Vote Commo

Can we three way tie this?
Old 10-10-2011, 04:43 PM   #2858
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

7 narcizo - hoops, grammaticus, mauboy, autumn, narcizo, mckerney, Commo
3 EagleFan - jackal, J23, thomkal
1 Commo - Dubb

Well if 3 from Narc feel like voting Commo and one wants to unvote we can have a bonafide blood bath today.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:43 PM   #2859
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Unvote EF
Vote Commo

Can we three way tie this?

If you kill off two villagers in your three way tie I'd hope you are the next killed.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:43 PM   #2860
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
If you kill off two villagers in your three way tie I'd hope you are the next killed.

I wouldn't worry too much about that possibility.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:43 PM   #2861
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Dola, or just kill off me because of the +1 item.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:44 PM   #2862
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I wouldn't worry too much about that possibility.

I would, if you get two villagers, then there are two more night kills as it looks like the minor undead didn't do a kill last night that is 4 in one day.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:46 PM   #2863
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I would, if you get two villagers, then there are two more night kills as it looks like the minor undead didn't do a kill last night that is 4 in one day.

Minor undead?
Old 10-10-2011, 04:46 PM   #2864
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Dola, or just kill off me because of the +1 item.

Well that would still be a dead wolf.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:47 PM   #2865
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Minor undead?

Zombies, skeletons, etc. Possibly what killed CF two nights ago.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:48 PM   #2866
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Well that would still be a dead wolf.

That is where you'd be wrong, I have had an item this entire game which I think may help prevent wolves from corrupting me. I tried to pass it day one, but bhlloy died.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:50 PM   #2867
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Dola, what makes you think I'm a wolf anyways?
Old 10-10-2011, 04:52 PM   #2868
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Dola, what makes you think I'm a wolf anyways?

You are going out of your way to waste a day for the village.

If you would have voted EF Narc would still be dead b/c of the tie yet you refuse to do so even though you admit that will just mean we have to kill EF tomorrow.

These are not villager moves.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:52 PM   #2869
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Unvote Commo
Vote EF

I still think this is the right move.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:55 PM   #2870
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
You are going out of your way to waste a day for the village.

If you would have voted EF Narc would still be dead b/c of the tie yet you refuse to do so even though you admit that will just mean we have to kill EF tomorrow.

These are not villager moves.

How is it going out of my way, you easily changed your vote twice as anyone on Narc can to do and go to EF if they choose. I stated I have no problem with a tie, but I'm not going to vote for EF over Narc.

As for me voting EF over Narc how are you so certain of this tie and the tie leads to both dying. The rules are not clear, so it is again an assumption on your part that everything is the exact same as the last game which may not be the case.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:58 PM   #2871
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Commo, while I don't feel as strongly about things as dubb, he's undeniably right, and I tend to agree with him here. Fact is, we're lynching Narc and then we're lynching EF. Or we're lynching EF and then we're lynching Narc. Nothing can be done to save them. Might as well write them off now.

If you accept that as incontrovertible and unavoidable, the only decision left to be made is whether we can help the village by killing them both off at once, rather than wasting a day killing one and then the other. Your vote goes directly against this, and so it's essentially an intentional vote to hurt the village. Can you understand why dubb would wonder why a villager would want to hurt the village?

Even if chances are we can't engineer a tie due to unknown influences (like the mysterious "+1" mechanism), we still need to at least try. The correct response is never "it's too hard, or unlikely to work, so why try?"

And it doesn't matter if EF is a wolf or a villager. We are not going to find out what he is in any way except by lynching him. And we are not going to let the issue of EF just hang there without being resolved either. So regardless of his allegiance, he will be lynched. There's no sense in making some "I don't think he's a wolf" stance when he's going to get lynched no matter what you do.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:58 PM   #2872
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

7 narcizo - hoops, grammaticus, mauboy, autumn, narcizo, mckerney, Commo
5 EagleFan - jackal, J23, thomkal, Chief, Dubb

So if someone wants a tie one of the other Narc voters need to switch to EF.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:01 PM   #2873
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

I'll tell you what if one of the other voters doesn't come on and switch, 15 minutes before deadline I will switch.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:02 PM   #2874
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

I do understand and firmly believe EF has to be lynched though, but I'd rather not vote for him unless absolutely necessary.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:06 PM   #2875
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I do understand and firmly believe EF has to be lynched though, but I'd rather not vote for him unless absolutely necessary.

But why? His allegiance is not relevant to this vote. No one's going to be able to use these votes down the line to hang others, not based on vote choice, because it's udnerstood we were as a village aiming to produce a specific type of vote here.

Really, the only way to look suspicious in this vote is to make decisions which hurt or hamper the village's efforts, which is essentially what you're doing.

If there is some angle of this we're not seeing and an effort to try to lynch them together actually hruts the village, please enlighten us, so we can consider it.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:08 PM   #2876
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
But why? His allegiance is not relevant to this vote. No one's going to be able to use these votes down the line to hang others, not based on vote choice, because it's udnerstood we were as a village aiming to produce a specific type of vote here.

Really, the only way to look suspicious in this vote is to make decisions which hurt or hamper the village's efforts, which is essentially what you're doing.

If there is some angle of this we're not seeing and an effort to try to lynch them together actually hruts the village, please enlighten us, so we can consider it.

I could see it being used later to hang others. For example say the +1 vote is on EF, to save a wolf those on EF should be scrutinized for it. As for my vote it has not yet, and will not hurt the tie as I stated I will move if no one else does.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:15 PM   #2877
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I could see it being used later to hang others. For example say the +1 vote is on EF, to save a wolf those on EF should be scrutinized for it. As for my vote it has not yet, and will not hurt the tie as I stated I will move if no one else does.

Someone may try, but it's pretty well out there, the value of this vote in determining allegiance of the voters. They would be fighting a significant uphill battle. I for one wouldn't attach one iota of meaning to this vote. Heck, chances are, we're looking at two wolves anyway.

As for the +1 vote, that's a rather small data point among many which we may use to determine allegiance down the road, while we have concrete evidence (albeit metagamey) that a tie could produce a double lynch and put the village that far ahead.

If you're going to move it anyway, I am not sure why you would bother to wait until 15 minutes before deadline. That's just asking for shenanigans.

Old 10-10-2011, 05:20 PM   #2878
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Someone may try, but it's pretty well out there, the value of this vote in determining allegiance of the voters. They would be fighting a significant uphill battle. I for one wouldn't attach one iota of meaning to this vote. Heck, chances are, we're looking at two wolves anyway.

As for the +1 vote, that's a rather small data point among many which we may use to determine allegiance down the road, while we have concrete evidence (albeit metagamey) that a tie could produce a double lynch and put the village that far ahead.

If you're going to move it anyway, I am not sure why you would bother to wait until 15 minutes before deadline. That's just asking for shenanigans.

I don't think it is too far out there this could come down to only 3 villagers left and at that point one has to take the entire game voting history into things, among other stuff. As for why I'd switch later, because I really don't want to vote for him, but will for the villages sake. If someone else feels strongly against EF they can easily switch, but I'm not going to just vote for him right away because everyone else had already voted.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:22 PM   #2879
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don't think it is too far out there this could come down to only 3 villagers left and at that point one has to take the entire game voting history into things, among other stuff. As for why I'd switch later, because I really don't want to vote for him, but will for the villages sake. If someone else feels strongly against EF they can easily switch, but I'm not going to just vote for him right away because everyone else had already voted.

You understand that what you're doing right now makes you look far worse than how you would like with the +1 thing right?

Old 10-10-2011, 05:29 PM   #2880
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

If others see it that way, that is fine, but I think the other way looks worse. If EF comes up a villager I'm guessing most of the remaining wolves, if not all, are on EF.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:32 PM   #2881
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Commo I'm not sure you should be too worried about what it will look like when only 3 people are left. Your stance here has all but guaranteed you will not be alive when there are only three people left.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:37 PM   #2882
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Commo I'm not sure you should be too worried about what it will look like when only 3 people are left. Your stance here has all but guaranteed you will not be alive when there are only three people left.

Bolded the important part, I may be and it should matter. Even if I'm not alive it should have importance to those that are alive.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:39 PM   #2883
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Dola, if EF does come up villager I think the next best person to lynch may be Dubb, especially if it is just EF to die tonight.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:47 PM   #2884
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Dola, if EF does come up villager I think the next best person to lynch may be Dubb, especially if it is just EF to die tonight.

No, if EF comes up a villager tonight, the next best person is Narc.

Old 10-10-2011, 05:52 PM   #2885
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Commo bolded "but"

Am I missing something? How could that possibly be the important part of that? What if I had left it out?
Old 10-10-2011, 05:53 PM   #2886
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Commo bolded "but"

Am I missing something? How could that possibly be the important part of that? What if I had left it out?

I think he's saying it's not 100% he won't be around, so he doesn't want to risk it (regardless of our varying determinations of what that "risk" is).

Old 10-10-2011, 06:02 PM   #2887
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I think he's saying it's not 100% he won't be around, so he doesn't want to risk it (regardless of our varying determinations of what that "risk" is).

Quite frankly I think voting for down the road rather than right now is not something that even enters a villagers mind. As a villager I have never thought, "I need to vote this guy so it looks good in three days." That is seeing the game through the eyes of a wolf which would make perfect sense if Commo is a wolf.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:04 PM   #2888
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Quite frankly I think voting for down the road rather than right now is not something that even enters a villagers mind. As a villager I have never thought, "I need to vote this guy so it looks good in three days." That is seeing the game through the eyes of a wolf which would make perfect sense if Commo is a wolf.

I still think he's a new villager who doesn't understand the implications of what he's doing.

That said, I agree with you, it does have that look to it.

Old 10-10-2011, 06:12 PM   #2889
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
No, if EF comes up a villager tonight, the next best person is Narc.

Good one, yes if only EF is killed, but if both, Dubb will be one of the top people on my list if EF was a villager.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:20 PM   #2890
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
If others see it that way, that is fine, but I think the other way looks worse. If EF comes up a villager I'm guessing most of the remaining wolves, if not all, are on EF.

I suspect that the wolves would spread their votes out even if there was a villager among the two people we have up for vote today. They are a near certainty to go back-to-back, so there isn't a lot of reason for them to risk looking suspicious unless we are somehow in an end-game scenario. And I think that possibility is about as low as the chances that EF is the bumbling villager that he purports to be.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:29 PM   #2891
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

This, and not that it will really matter if the Flame saves me, but I think everyone should always be cautious of the actions they perform as it can come back to get them later. If I'm wrong and that is only what wolves do, maybe villagers want to start worrying about this occasionally so they don't come across as a wolf.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:31 PM   #2892
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I suspect that the wolves would spread their votes out even if there was a villager among the two people we have up for vote today. They are a near certainty to go back-to-back, so there isn't a lot of reason for them to risk looking suspicious unless we are somehow in an end-game scenario. And I think that possibility is about as low as the chances that EF is the bumbling villager that he purports to be.

I think they will split up the votes too, but if there are are an odd number, I think more are on a villager EF, that is if there is a villager.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:35 PM   #2893
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Good one, yes if only EF is killed, but if both, Dubb will be one of the top people on my list if EF was a villager.

Yes, I should be suspect #1. My usual MO as a wolf is to argue with people until I am blue in the face in defense of my fellow wolves to merely by them an extra day at most. This fits right in line with my usual wolf play in the off chance the sun and the moon align just right and EF is the 2nd detective.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:36 PM   #2894
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I think they will split up the votes too, but if there are are an odd number, I think more are on a villager EF, that is if there is a villager.

If we are wolf/villager I suspect every wolf is on the wolf, including Narc himself as fate would have it.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:42 PM   #2895
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Yes, I should be suspect #1. My usual MO as a wolf is to argue with people until I am blue in the face in defense of my fellow wolves to merely by them an extra day at most. This fits right in line with my usual wolf play in the off chance the sun and the moon align just right and EF is the 2nd detective.

I'm not sure what your usual MO is as a wolf, but I've seen this MO quite often from what I can remember
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:48 PM   #2896
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

The tie strategy is bad right now. The only way it would even be a decent option is if Narc's vote was on EF. Narc will just show up and pull his vote off of himself. Anyone who votes for themselves in this scenario that Narc is in, is obviously full of crap.

Best deal is to take Narc now with a clear vote and take EF tomorrow.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:55 PM   #2897
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
The tie strategy is bad right now. The only way it would even be a decent option is if Narc's vote was on EF. Narc will just show up and pull his vote off of himself. Anyone who votes for themselves in this scenario that Narc is in, is obviously full of crap.

Best deal is to take Narc now with a clear vote and take EF tomorrow.

Please explain this further. Why does it matter if EF dies today and Narc tomorrow rather than Narc today and EF tomorrow? The tie gives the village a chance at a 2 for 1, a straight vote of Narc or EF gives the village no chance at a 2 for 1. And make no mistake, they are both going to die. It is just a matter or if we give them 2 night kills for the 2 lynches or we just let them get 1 night kill between killing them both.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:58 PM   #2898
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I feel like my head is about to explode. I'm done arguing.

If you really want to spend all day tomorrow having everyone voting the Narc/EF leftover then fine. Just lynch one of them. But someone who is campaigning that idea is a wolf. The only people that benefit that scenario are the wolves b/c they get to NK tonight after 1 of them dies and then again tomorrow after the other ones dies before we get a shot @ working with all the info.

Do as you guys will.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:59 PM   #2899
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, Narcizo would be getting up around 3-4AM his time to change his vote. Not saying it couldn't happen, but he hasn't done this at all in the past.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:01 PM   #2900
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

If we kill Narc today and EF cannot act tonight, then he cannot make a kill tonight. If there are more than two wolves left, then a third will have to act.

For all we know a tie can result in a not lynch or there could be some other tie breaker mechanic that screws us.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote