Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-07-2005, 01:18 PM   #301
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Barkeep, would someone know if they had survived an attack or a spawn attack? I didn't see anything in the descriptions indicating this one way or another.

Sometimes yes, sometimes no . There are rules about this but I'm not sharing them publicly for the moment (although I might have told someone who had asked me before; can't remember if it was a survivor or spawn who asked the question).
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 01:19 PM   #302
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I would think the person would know they were attacked since they survived, but sometimes these games don't make any sense.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 01:19 PM   #303
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Case in point.
Old 09-07-2005, 01:22 PM   #304
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Well if someone can be a spawnling and not know it, I suppose they could be converted to a spawnling and not know it, which would also lead me to believe the attack is kind of a "stealth attack"? Wouldn't know either way?

Who knows,other than the spawn, all speculation.

Last edited by jeff061 : 09-07-2005 at 01:22 PM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 01:24 PM   #305
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
I would think the person would know they were attacked since they survived, but sometimes these games don't make any sense.
Don't forget the spawn have mental abilities so perhaps they can make people forget. Or perhaps the Spawn started to attack but were scared off by someone's footsteps? Or perhaps it is something which doesn't make sense but is used for gameplay purposes
Old 09-07-2005, 01:31 PM   #306
KWhit
Coordinator

Time to move out, away team! Let's go find us some water.

Away Team:
KWhit
dubb93 (Scientist)
hoopsguy (Galley Master)
Fouts (Security Crewman)
Schmidty (Security Crewman)
pennywisesb (Private)
Passacaglia (Private)
Marc Vaughan (Private)

This is a long away mission. PM sent to barkeep.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 01:45 PM   #307
Barkeep49
Coordinator

After yesterday's success there are high hopes when the away team sets out. But today there are new places to explore and with the large team they should cover a lot of ground. Nothing goes right, however. Most of the crew doesn't find any water. A couple of people had a leak in their collection tank and the water that they got had leaked by the time he returned to the ship. Suspicion turns to the idea that perhaps there was someone sabotaging the mission. While that might have been true, most people suggest that today was just bad luck more than anything else. You find .05 units of drinkable water.

Water Supply -- 14.5 units of drinkable water
Old 09-07-2005, 01:47 PM   #308
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I think Ardent should take Kwhit to task for his failure!!!! .

Old 09-07-2005, 01:47 PM   #309
Passacaglia
Coordinator

What a crock!
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 01:48 PM   #310
Vince
Pro Starter

Shit. That was a disaster.

I'm still mulling over my options for today guys -- I'll figure out what I'm doing in the next few minutes.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 01:48 PM   #311
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Do we want to check out one of the away team members? Maybe Dubb since he goes to all of them? Just throwing things out there.

Old 09-07-2005, 01:49 PM   #312
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Well, my suspicion for those belonging to the away team with me has gone WAY up. I was really hoping we could replentish enough water to kinda hold-up in the ship for a few days and keep ourselves as safe as possible from spawn attacks. Looks as though we might need to go on another mission tomorrow.
Old 09-07-2005, 01:51 PM   #313
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
You find .05 units of drinkable water.

SAY WHAT!?

Old 09-07-2005, 01:54 PM   #314
Schmidty
Coordinator

That was not good.
Old 09-07-2005, 01:55 PM   #315
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Doesn't much surpise me, couldn't be that easy.

Old 09-07-2005, 01:59 PM   #316
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Suspicion turns to the idea that perhaps there was someone sabotaging the mission. While that might have been true, most people suggest that today was just bad luck more than anything else.

This is important. I think we are definitely looking at some sabotage, but it may not be as bad as it seems. I know that yesterday we were on the high end of what was possible; today it seems we rolled craps.

So, I think there is someone on the team who is a spawn (the group that had their tank leak is awfully suspicious).
Old 09-07-2005, 02:12 PM   #317
KWhit
Coordinator

I'm suspicious of the 3 members of today's away team who were not on yesterday's team since today's mission was so much less successful.

Here they are:
hoopsguy (Galley Master) - I'm not that suspicious of him due to the productive posts he's made
Fouts (Security Crewman) - was seen lurking in the crew area awake all night
Schmidty (Security Crewman) - was on guard duty all night protecting KWhit

Fouts and Schmidty are both exhausted (maybe they are spawn - I am still unclear on the rules regarding how/when spawn become exhausted)
Old 09-07-2005, 02:14 PM   #318
Barkeep49
Coordinator

It's the middle of the day and you hear some strange noises coming from Vince's office. You're used to hearing all sorts of noises, but you know no one is in there but him. At first you think he's just gotten ahold of that one vid that's been passed around the ship, but upon further hearing it sounds far more like the noises Ardent made yesterday.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:17 PM   #319
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061
Do we want to check out one of the away team members? Maybe Dubb since he goes to all of them? Just throwing things out there.

As does KWhit and Marc Vaughn. Look at our success yesterday. I would point the fingers for that failure at some of the new guys.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 02:18 PM   #320
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Cue the music.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:27 PM   #321
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
Fouts and Schmidty are both exhausted (maybe they are spawn - I am still unclear on the rules regarding how/when spawn become exhausted)

Is there anyway them being exhausted could have played a factor in this? Prehaps we shouldn't take exhausted people on the next mission.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 02:28 PM   #322
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
Is there anyway them being exhausted could have played a factor in this? Prehaps we shouldn't take exhausted people on the next mission.

Maybe so. The rules say this:

Exhausted places a person at a disadvantage for all attacks. Further some actions may have a slight chance of failure if you are exhausted.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:31 PM   #323
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

In my opinion .05 is far to low to be anything but a sabotage. I'd think if exhaustion caused THAT much of a difference it would be in the rules. Who knows though.

Old 09-07-2005, 02:32 PM   #324
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
I'm suspicious of the 3 members of today's away team who were not on yesterday's team since today's mission was so much less successful.

Here they are:
hoopsguy (Galley Master) - I'm not that suspicious of him due to the productive posts he's made
Fouts (Security Crewman) - was seen lurking in the crew area awake all night
Schmidty (Security Crewman) - was on guard duty all night protecting KWhit

I'm certainly not spawn, so I'm assuming that someone else in the away team is. One thing though, there is also always a chance that Barkeep just made crappy rolls. Regardless, I think it would be bad, bad, bad strategy for a spawn to sabotage the away team, as that person would be drawing undue attention to himself.

At this point, I'm not going to point fingers, but if another away team mission goes awry some people will have some explaining to do. We NEED to vote today though. We can't keep wasting days or we'll be way behind. As far as who we should vote for, I'm not quite sure right now.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:33 PM   #325
Barkeep49
Coordinator

With all that is going on the ship at first no one notices Saldana has joined the efforts in the engine room. But when he takes a break and has grease all of him, where he's been is obvious.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 09-07-2005 at 02:35 PM.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:44 PM   #326
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Jesus. I need a drink.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:47 PM   #327
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Fouts, do you have an argument as to why you were up last night wandering around?
Old 09-07-2005, 02:48 PM   #328
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennywisesb
Fouts, do you have an argument as to why you were up last night wandering around?
He's was trying to figure out how to save money on his car insurance?
Old 09-07-2005, 02:53 PM   #329
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:

Yep, I was spying on someone. I would have tried protecting but I never got a phaser.

FWIW, I followed Jeff, but all he did was go to the engine room. How boring.

*stops by Security HQ to pick up his phaser*
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 02:54 PM   #330
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Just a friendly reminder that at least 1/3 of the crew, currently meaning 7, must vote for an execution for it to take place. All votes must be recorded by 9 EDT which is about 5 hours from now.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:56 PM   #331
Schmidty
Coordinator

Vote 4 Pedro!!!!
Old 09-07-2005, 02:57 PM   #332
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
Yep, I was spying on someone. I would have tried protecting but I never got a phaser.

FWIW, I followed Jeff, but all he did was go to the engine room. How boring.

*stops by Security HQ to pick up his phaser*

Just wanted to know, it seems as though you were on a rising suspicion meter with some peeps and I just wanted to know if it was justified.

At this point I'm not sure of who I suspect, although I do believe the
spawn(lings) were probably involved in the second trip for water and probably weren't present during the first trip (due to the success). This makes me think that any newcomers to the 2nd away mission are probably the most likely suspects.
Old 09-07-2005, 03:13 PM   #333
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
At this point I'm not sure of who I suspect, although I do believe the spawn(lings) were probably involved in the second trip for water and probably weren't present during the first trip (due to the success). This makes me think that any newcomers to the 2nd away mission are probably the most likely suspects.

before we make that conclusion, lets not write off the possibility that someone from the first mission was converted and sabotaged the 2nd mission...we dont know for certain that the original team made it back unharmed, we are just assuming that due to the success of that mission, so really, the suspicion should be spread out equally.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 03:15 PM   #334
saldana
Pro Starter

dola, however i agree that we should probably do something tonight...the point about falling behind the numbers is a valid one. i for one was hoping for some form of evidence to come out of the night actions, but since it didnt, i guess we have to come up with some other plan.
Old 09-07-2005, 03:17 PM   #335
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
before we make that conclusion, lets not write off the possibility that someone from the first mission was converted and sabotaged the 2nd mission...we dont know for certain that the original team made it back unharmed, we are just assuming that due to the success of that mission, so really, the suspicion should be spread out equally.

I agree with this, but we have to balance wrecklessly throwing votes around at innocents with the need to not sit idley by while the spawn do their thing.
Old 09-07-2005, 03:40 PM   #336
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana

I'm still unsure of how a conversion really works.

If someone was converted during the away mission, they become a spawnling, not a true spawn.

Quote:
There is a 10% chance that each member of the Away Team will become a Spawnling when on Away Team.

But the real question is "whose side is a spawnling on?" Will he want to sabatage the ship? Or is he like a guy who a vampire has bitten once - basically the same person they were, just a step closer to being evil?

If it's the latter, then we can really be suspicious of the new people on the away team since a conversion on the first away team will not have resulted in a full-fledged spawn yet. But I don't know how spawnlings work. Can you give us any insight, Barkeep?
Old 09-07-2005, 03:49 PM   #337
Barkeep49
Coordinator

If left untreated Spawnlings become Spawn at the start of the next day cycle. They might or might not know they are Spawnlings. So for instance IF someone became a Spawnling after yesterdays away team they would have become Spawn today.

If a person knows he's a spawnling he might perhaps decide to join evil and do nothing about it or or he can try to get treated by the doctor or nurse.

However, if there is a Spawnling on the Away Mission it does not count against success. Only full grown Spawn can do that.

Let me know if you need more info
Old 09-07-2005, 03:56 PM   #338
Fouts
College Starter

I'm heading out to class, so I won't be voting tonight. Which is okay, since I have no idea who to vote for. I would be most suspicious of those on today's mission, but I have no proof.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 03:58 PM   #339
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
If left untreated Spawnlings become Spawn at the start of the next day cycle. They might or might not know they are Spawnlings. So for instance IF someone became a Spawnling after yesterdays away team they would have become Spawn today.

If a person knows he's a spawnling he might perhaps decide to join evil and do nothing about it or or he can try to get treated by the doctor or nurse.

However, if there is a Spawnling on the Away Mission it does not count against success. Only full grown Spawn can do that.

Let me know if you need more info

which means none of the guys from yesterday's team are above suspicion...actually, i would be more inclined to suspect one of them than one of the two security guys who we know successfully performed their duties last night. as for which guy to suspect, damned if i have a clue, i am going back to the engine room, lemme know if we are gonna toss someone out an airlock or something.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:01 PM   #340
RealDeal
High School Varsity

So is my ordering bek to fix engines a day action or night action? If a day action, do I need to do another action now for the evening?
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 04:02 PM   #341
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
It's the middle of the day and you hear some strange noises coming from Vince's office. You're used to hearing all sorts of noises, but you know no one is in there but him. At first you think he's just gotten ahold of that one vid that's been passed around the ship, but upon further hearing it sounds far more like the noises Ardent made yesterday.

What's this about? Ardent made weird noises by himself yesterday?

Old 09-07-2005, 04:04 PM   #342
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061
What's this about? Ardent made weird noises by himself yesterday?
I thought he was just masturbating. *shrug*

I agree this seems very strange...but I cleared the Doc, and he cleared Ardent. It's highly unlikely that we're all spawns...however, it is a possibility.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:10 PM   #343
Vince
Pro Starter

I examined Ardent yesterday, and he made similar noises to the ones I made today. Full explanation forthcoming.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:12 PM   #344
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Are all five of us at work on the engines right now? And if not, where's the one who's not working?

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 04:13 PM   #345
saldana
Pro Starter

i would have to say we should pick a private for tonights vote...kwhit and dubb are too valuable at this point without proof, and they are the only ones that were on both away teams.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:16 PM   #346
Vince
Pro Starter

Ok, I don't like explaining everything, makes me seem to much a target. But I don't want suspicion either, so here goes.

I was attacked last night by two crewmen. I couldn't make out who they were. They overpowered me and held me down -- I waited for the attck to come, but it didn't really happen. They just kicked me (once), then left.

I was concerned, however, with the infections going on, so I examined myself today, much like I examined Ardent yesterday. Sure enough, I had been infected. I was able to isolate and destroy the spawnling that had somehow been infecting me.

This clarifies a few things...
  • There are at least two Spawn. We were pretty sure of this, but this completely confirms it.
  • They successfully attacked me, but their conversion attempt failed.
  • A successful attack does not ensure knowledge of infection. I was unaware I was infected until I made my examination.
  • Because of the above point, seemingly harmless attacks (they only kicked me once) can be much more dangerous than they appear.

The bad news is that I had to spend my APs on myself, so I can't learn about anyone else today.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:17 PM   #347
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday
Are all five of us at work on the engines right now? And if not, where's the one who's not working?
unless i missed the post, bug never reported to the engine room today
Old 09-07-2005, 04:19 PM   #348
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I think I can verify that story...I was going to order someone to investigate the noises, but was told it should be obvious Vince was examining himself.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:20 PM   #349
Vince
Pro Starter

Due to what happened last night to me, I would urge anyone who has been attacked, even if it seems harmless, to come forward immediately. I will be more than happy to examine said people.

I am very sure that we should be voting today. I was slightly ambivalent on day one, but the longer we wait, the longer the Spawn have to coordinate and even expand their numbers. We need to get as much information as we can as soon as we can. Things could get much worse, as today's away mission showed. Because of this, even at the risk of painting a target on myself, I Vote Schmidty.

The only reason I have for voting Schmidty is because he was one of the guys who was on the failed away mission who was not on the successful one. If someone can come up with a better argument for or against his lynching, I'm all for it.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:21 PM   #350
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Seems to add up to me and matches my suspicion that they would go after the doctors.