Hall Of Famer

i guess - to avoid a tie and for that reason

VOTE KWHIT
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 07:58 PM   #353
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

VOTE KWhit

A rather disappointing day unless he turns up wolf.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 07:59 PM   #354
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
i'm keeping my eye on you danny

*shudders

Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:02 PM   #355
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

fyi i'm stating now that should i live through the night i will be out of touch a vast majority of the day tomorrow. we have a 2-4pm meeting at work, coffee with an investor at 4 and then drinks with our lawyer at 6...probably away from internet from 2pm-whenever I get home. I hope to be on before deadline though, that's for sure.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:02 PM   #356
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

why the fuck do people use these abilities on day 2 when they are completely taking shots in the dark and are just as likely to kill a villager with a role as they are a wolf.

Jesus Christ J23, you had 2 votes on you, would have made a lot more sense to reveal, I guess screwing the village even more is better then dying with your power unused...
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:09 PM   #357
The Jackal
Coordinator

i think that belongs in the rant thread
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:27 PM   #358
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

All right, checking in. I'm getting caught up, and will have results up soon.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:36 PM   #359
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Day Two Vote Count

KWhit (7)-- Darth Vilus (238), PurdueBrad (282), Schmidty (339), Telle (340), The Jackal (349), DaddyTorgo (352), JAG (353)
hoopsguy (4)-- KWhit (243), dubb93 (244), lerriuqs (288), Danny (348)
lerriuqs (1)-- hoopsguy (309)

This is the vote count I have. Unless anyone has an objection, I will do the writeups.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:41 PM   #360
KWhit
Coordinator

Sigh.

What a backward ass reason to get lynched.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:51 PM   #361
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

After all of the excitement and dismay from J23 taking out Lathum, the village got back on track to the business of putting someone in the brig.

It was a toss up most of the day, but in the end, it was a runaway. KWhit is from thge Good Universe, insisted the village.

KWhit again protested his innocence, but the village was having none of it today. Security is called in and KWhit grabbed.

KWhit laughs maniacally at the gathered crew members, "You have no idea what you're up against! My man will save me. He will win the day, win back this ship, and he'll take me to a universe where you don't have to look over your shoulder for assassins or officers with Agonizers! You just wait and see!"

With a sharp turn of her shoulder and a fling of her hair, KWhit--aka Lieutenant Marlena Moreau, walks off staunchly to the brig, the scurity team following closely behind her.

KWHIT WAS LT. MARLENA MOREAU!!!

A friend of the wolves has been vanquished.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:52 PM   #362
Schmidty
Coordinator

Well, that was good!!
Old 11-11-2009, 08:53 PM   #363
The Jackal
Coordinator

Well he was still a villager so we haven't netted a wolf but at least we dont have to worry about a convert
Old 11-11-2009, 08:53 PM   #364
Schmidty
Coordinator

Not great. But good.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:53 PM   #365
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Well he was still a villager so we haven't netted a wolf but at least we dont have to worry about a convert

Yeah, I didn't realize that he counted as a villager.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:54 PM   #366
Danny
Head Coach

That's a pretty good result. Not sure this gives us any voting record at all though since the wolves did not know who she was. That means as far as the wolves knew, they were lynching a regular villager in Kwhit.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:54 PM   #367
KWhit
Coordinator

I roll my eyes in your general direction.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:55 PM   #368
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
That's a pretty good result. Not sure this gives us any voting record at all though since the wolves did not know who she was. That means as far as the wolves knew, they were lynching a regular villager in Kwhit.

The reverse (KWhit knowing the wolves) could potentially yield something.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:58 PM   #369
Danny
Head Coach

Kwhit voted Ntn day 1 and Hoops Day 2
Old 11-11-2009, 08:59 PM   #370
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
The reverse (KWhit knowing the wolves) could potentially yield something.

yep that's what we have to look at instead

still have to wait for the NK though
Old 11-11-2009, 09:00 PM   #371
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Alarm claxons rang out in the night. Those not on duty awaken from slumber and come running to see what all the hubbub is.

A pale redshirt stands at the doorway of Lieutenant Sulu's quarters, where he had just triggered the alarm.

"I was just returning to let the Lieutenant know how the security detail was going, and I found this..."

"This" was the torn up quarters of Sulu, where it is clear, a vicious battle between two trained combatants took place.

Alas for the ship, Sulu was unable to withstand his attacker. He lies on the floor of his quarters, strangled to death.

PURDUEBRAD WAS LIEUTENANT SULU!!!

An awful loss for the ship's crew today.

The next daily deadline is Thursday, 9 p.m. EST/6 p.m. PDT.

The next Trivia Contest deadline is Thursday, 4:30 p.m. EST/1:30 p.m. PDT. The prize to be won is a Phaser--setting stuck on Stun.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 11-11-2009 at 09:00 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:00 PM   #372
KWhit
Coordinator

YAY!
Old 11-11-2009, 09:08 PM   #373
The Jackal
Coordinator

Damn, BG out
Old 11-11-2009, 09:11 PM   #374
Danny
Head Coach

Since there was the convert, that indicates 3 starting wolves, so we are likely 7-3 now. I think if our seer has a wolf he has to reveal
Old 11-11-2009, 09:12 PM   #375
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

A little bit of some unfortunate news.

Due to circumstances entirely out of her control, Telle had to be removed from the game. It was an unfortunate accident that I can't go into details on at the moment, and won't after the game unless the parties involved want me to.

Just one of those unfortunate "crap happens" sorta things, and I feel really bad for Telle. I am hoping she will continue to read along and cheer for her side.

In her place, claphamsa has agreed to come aboard. He will take on Telle's spot in the game.

So please welcome claphamsa.

Old 11-11-2009, 09:13 PM   #376
The Jackal
Coordinator

clap!
Old 11-11-2009, 09:15 PM   #377
hoopsguy
General Manager

Reading along with this, that was the best possible result that I thought we were going to get. I was convinced that we were getting hosed with a villager on KWhit and I was going to have to dance tomorrow for being on him two straight days.

I'm fine with that at this point because we got the convert today and because I'm now just about 100% convinced that DT or Lerri is a wolf (same logic as I used with vote today) since the wolves thought they were free-rolling on D1 and D2 with the way the votes went down.

Both of those guys, going from memory, seemed very willing to lock in on "Hoops or KWhit" without actually grappling with the issues I was trying to discuss publicly.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 09:22 PM   #378
Danny
Head Coach

I agree Hoops and some of DT's posts have seemed off to me. My vote will likely go in that direction as well.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:22 PM   #379
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

JERKS! Kick their ass village!
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 09:31 PM   #380
Danny
Head Coach

I just realized Jackal basically revealed as Doctor Mccoy with his eye on me statement.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:32 PM   #381
Danny
Head Coach

Or was that coincidental?
Old 11-11-2009, 09:33 PM   #382
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
I just realized Jackal basically revealed as Doctor Mccoy with his eye on me statement.

Oh?
lerriuqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 09:38 PM   #383
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Reading along with this, that was the best possible result that I thought we were going to get. I was convinced that we were getting hosed with a villager on KWhit and I was going to have to dance tomorrow for being on him two straight days.

I'm fine with that at this point because we got the convert today and because I'm now just about 100% convinced that DT or Lerri is a wolf (same logic as I used with vote today) since the wolves thought they were free-rolling on D1 and D2 with the way the votes went down.

Both of those guys, going from memory, seemed very willing to lock in on "Hoops or KWhit" without actually grappling with the issues I was trying to discuss publicly.

Agreed with that as our best percentage play unless someone has something else to add.

Just a random thought from looking at the rules, we have to keep in mind is if the wolves have the Good Scotty:

Good Scotty Masquerading as the ship's chief engineer. One time per game, Scotty can sabotage the ship engines. Dealing with this emergency will take all ship's personnel, so no lynch will happen that day.

That means that if we get to within one of the wolves (4-3, 3-2, etc...), we could potentially lose the game with them canceling the lynch and executing their NK with us having no BG to block it.

BTW, welcome clap!
Old 11-11-2009, 09:39 PM   #384
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Meant to put that in quotes, not bold it.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:43 PM   #385
hoopsguy
General Manager

DT, if you are going to be around for a few tonight I'll start railroading you now rather than tomorrow when your schedule is busy.

Seriously, I'm going to start looking for you vs Lerriuqs decision points right now so hopefully you have time to chime in on this line of thinking.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:51 PM   #386
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
I'm not sure where Hoops is going with this but there's a reason why the wolves don't like him. I'll go with this for now since i'm at aloss and have to leave

VOTE KHWIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
WHAT!?!?!?

That is possibly the most ridiculous thing I've heard.

"I don't understand his argument, but I'll agree with it anyway!!"

Seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
I'm not liking the Hoops / DV doubleteam on me.

And since Hoops initiated it.

VOTE HOOPSGUY

OK, not one of the two guys I want to focus on, but this caught my eye right away. My logic in targeting KWhit was obviously off-base, but he knows I'm a villager.

If you are KWhit, do you vote for me (legitimately trying to work through things in thread) or Darth, who tagged along with my vote and even misspelled his username? Seriously, KWhit knew the wolves and he voted for me (villager) here and never once appeared to give thought to voting for Darth as far as I recall. Now back to post diving ...
Old 11-11-2009, 09:51 PM   #387
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post

like i said i won't be around tomorrow afternoon very much at all - although i will be in the morning, so let me address my D1 and D2 votes since it's come up a bit.

D1 - I voted for Kwhit to keep it close (actually I tied it up) earlier in the evening. Standard procedure for me on D1, to keep things close and try to see what we could get out of the vote record as things wound down to deadline. I was then away from the thread having dinner and off at the bus station picking up my mom from the airport the rest of the night. Then again it was good/good on D1 so neither of the people I voted for would look good on my record. I'm not sure why my D1 vote (which was on one of the two viable candidates that day and was placed at the time it was placed out of necessity) is worthy of any suspicion frankly.

D2 - I stated multiple times particularly as we grew closer to deadline that I didn't feel especially great about either a vote for you or a vote for kwhit hoops. I had a busy day getting ready for a client-meeting tomorrow and wasn't able to spend tons of time evaluating your argument vs. kwhit's argument, and what little i did see of both of them and manage to process they seemed like more of a wash.

so i sat there as we approached deadline and i said "okay people are already talking about voting me...so what effect will my votes have on that."

and frankly, whether i voted for you or i voted for kwhit they both looked equally bad on me.

another vote on kwhit and it'd be "you voted twice for the same villager." a vote for you and you'd go on the same crusade since you know you are a villager - and as i said i believed as much. so really i was damned if i did and damned if i didn't. i chose to vote for kwhit with very little time left on the clock to make sure that the possibility for a tie and a no-lynch wasn't there.

i have NEVER been afraid to tie things up in order to get folks to make decisions, or to cast late votes, whether i'm a wolf or a villager - that much should be clear after how many games i've played, so i am a bit frustrated at what you're trying to tie to it.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:56 PM   #388
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
That's not at all what I was saying actually, although since you brought it up...in my limited WW experience I do think people hold them in an overly high regard than they should be. Maybe it's just because I've been a villager in a couple games recently (soccer, Nazi) where voting record did not help in finding the last wolf, or like the Scooby game where I was a villager with the worst voting record towards the end of the game and lynched for it. Wolves know how to be sneaky, especially most of the people here who are extremely experienced and know the same general wisdom everyone else knows.

Anyway, to get back from waxing philosophically, I don't see myself voting for hoops or KWhit because I feel they're both villagers. Despite what I said earlier, seeing that I have little else to go on at this point (believing we were v-v D1), I find myself drifting towards what Danny said regarding wolves wanting to set candidates. That being the case, let's look at the opening voting:

82 - Dubb votes JAG (1-0)
85 - Lathum votes Telle (1-1 JAG/Telle)
87 - PB votes Darth (1-1-1 JAG/Telle/Darth)
88 - Dubb unvotes JAG (1-1 Telle/Darth)
91 - Hoops votes KWhit (1-1-1 Telle/Darth/KWhit)
106 - Darth votes NTN (1-1-1-1 Telle/Darth/KWhit/NTN)
109 - Danny votes J23 (1-1-1-1-1 Telle/Darth/KWhit/NTN/J23)

So Dubb opens voting on me (though he takes it back), Lathum adds another candidate but in my experience it's not unusual for him to vote early either wolf or villager, PB votes Darth, Darth votes ntn, and (ironically) Danny introduces J23. Later we get this:

112 - J23 votes NTN (2-1-1-1-1 NTN over Telle/Darth/KWhit/J23)
117 - Lerri votes KWhit (2-2-1-1-1 NTN/KWhit over Telle/Darth/J23)
125 - Dubb votes NTN (3-2-1-1-1 NTN over KWhit over Telle/Darth/J23)
129 - DT votes KWhit (3-3-1-1-1 NTN/KWhit over Telle/Darth/J23)

Very quickly, we moved away from Darth / J23 / Telle as potential candidates. Maybe that's a coincidence, but if one of them is a wolf, one of the group that voted 2nd / 3rd on KWhit / ntn could be in cohoots with them.

Now that's a broad stroke of people admittedly, but it's better for me than blindly picking someone. Now I have to leave work, but I will probably aim for someone in that group after I give it some more thought.

If/when we see DT/Lerri revealed as a wolf this makes me feel a little better about JAG. As he notes, this is broad strokes but he seems to be steering away from me/KWhit and pointing at least a little attention to another group of players (J23/DT/Dubb/Lerri) that are higher likelihood of being wolves.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:58 PM   #389
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:

that was definitely not my intention, i am not mccoy
Old 11-11-2009, 10:02 PM   #390
hoopsguy
General Manager

DT, I'm saying that I'm just about positive that the wolves would have done standard "divide votes among villagers" on the Day 1 candidates.

There were five us on on KWhit on Day 1. Two are dead villager, leaving three choices. I know I'm a villager, so for me that leaves two choices and you are one of them. I love having a 50/50, worst-case, in this scenario before even introducing the possibility of a seer-scan clearing/damning one of the candidates.

If you are a villager, you should feel the same way looking at me vs Lerriuqs.

If you are a wolf, you should be feeling a little trapped right now.

Only way this does not work is if you think that all the wolves piled together to get NTN voted off the island on Day 1. Only other outstanding vote, besides KWhit/NTN from Day 1 was Danny (going from memory). I'm discarding both of these as possibilities for today because they seem pretty low-value plays for the wolves when they felt like they were in complete control of the day.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:06 PM   #391
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerriuqs View Post
While I have no vote count, it appears it's between hoops and Kwhit...

I think Kwhit's arguments are stronger at this point and I think it's relatively certain we were villager-villager yesterday. So I'm not going to vote Kwhit again...unless something bad comes up against him.

So based on that and not really seeing any better options at this point...

Vote Hoops

I've gotta check out again. Hopefully back before deadline.

OK, this was the post that made me have bad vibes on Lerri earlier.
1.) Feels like he wants the showdown between me + KWhit
2.) Makes statement that we were villager/villager yesterday without suggesting why he feels that way - I think Lerriuqs would normally do so as a villager.
3.) Somewhat apologetic sounding vote ... "gee, I'm forced to do this because this is the runoffs others created, even though I don't have a vote count, but I believe the one guy so the other guy is the best bet"
Old 11-11-2009, 10:16 PM   #392
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
I agree that lerriuqs and DT make compelling candidates if only for the fact that I doubt more than 3 wolves (and possibly/probably less) were on NTN. It would certainly help to know KWhit's allegiance, though.

If Jackal is a wolf, he is more willing than I would expect to entertain Lerri/DT conversation rather than push me back into that analysis than I would expect. Slight trust nudge from me for this.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:18 PM   #393
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
so what are we looking at tonight? hoops vs. kwhit?

I really need to put together the vote count at the time both this post and Lerri's were made, to see if they were artificially driving people towards me vs KWhit or if the votes actually backed this assertion.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:20 PM   #394
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i'm pretty sure that the votes actually backed that assertion at that point - certainly the tone of the discussion from what i saw did
Old 11-11-2009, 10:23 PM   #395
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
In the interest of preventing a tie, and the fact I think hoops hasn't done anything suspicious enough to not let him live another day..

VOTE KWHIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
i guess - to avoid a tie and for that reason

VOTE KWHIT

When it was tied DT basically waited long enough for Jackal to make the decision and then backed it.

A wolf would not want a tie if he sees a runoff between two villagers. First, he wants a dead villager. Second, he does not want the scrutiny associated with questions on why he created a tie if it possibly results in no lynch (will have to check rules on this, I don't know them off top of my head).
Old 11-11-2009, 10:24 PM   #396
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

actually hoops - fwiw i hadn't refreshed to see if jackal had voted before i voted
Old 11-11-2009, 10:25 PM   #397
hoopsguy
General Manager

DT, if you had not seen Jackal's vote then what was "that reason" in your post?
Old 11-11-2009, 10:27 PM   #398
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:29 PM   #399
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

wasn't there another post talking about the idea of a tie? or am i confusing jackal's vote with the vote of the person who also came in and voted late?

i think i was talking about the idea of preventing a tie and a no-lynch with someboy and then voted the way i did for that purpose (and as much as you say a wolf wouldn't want a tie i don't think any villager wants to see a tie either exactly) and that's what i mentioned. i thought jackal's vote was after that, but maybe it was somebody else who voted after that.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:32 PM   #400
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i didn't go back to look at how things went down so that's why i'm confused