Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-28-2015, 05:51 AM   #101
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSkillz View Post
I don't have EHM-EA yet (I have a Mac) but the fail-safe solution in the past for FM would be to go on a one-day vacation to take care of issues like that.

Tried that already. Didn't work
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 06:19 AM   #102
riz
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I started with a fantasy draft, simmed the preseason o my first game, and got a message that I am over the salary cap and need to reduce by waiving players or trading. Cant figure out how to trade, and players take 24 hours to waive and the game is today, so I am stuck not being able to sim todays game and move forward.

When you waive a player, you can immediately send them down even though they haven't cleared waivers yet. Also, if you waive a player, they stop counting against your cap for the time they are on waivers.

Depending on their contract details, they might again partially count against the cap after clearing waivers even if they are sent down. This would apply to players on one-way contracts with a wage over 925k (assuming you are on the modern DB).
riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 07:16 AM   #103
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by riz View Post
When you waive a player, you can immediately send them down even though they haven't cleared waivers yet. Also, if you waive a player, they stop counting against your cap for the time they are on waivers.

Depending on their contract details, they might again partially count against the cap after clearing waivers even if they are sent down. This would apply to players on one-way contracts with a wage over 925k (assuming you are on the modern DB).

Thanks!

A warning to ayone starting with a fantasy draft, pay attention to player salaries!
Old 03-28-2015, 08:28 AM   #104
duff88
College Prospect

Seeing that game return was such great, unexpexted news! Thanks to everyone involved.

On my wishlist, I'd love to have two other start dates : Right before the draft, or right before free agency. Obviously something would need to be done to leave enough time for scouting, but that would be awesome to make it up-to-date without waiting for next season.
duff88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 11:13 AM   #105
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Is there a way to fast sim multiple games?
Old 03-28-2015, 12:10 PM   #106
IlliniCub
High School Varsity

You could use the Go On Vacation option....but you have to be careful what options you use for it or your team could make moves for you.
IlliniCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 01:00 PM   #107
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Is there a way to fast sim multiple games?

They really need an option like this IMHO
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 03:13 PM   #108
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
They really need an option like this IMHO

yep, having to constantly click that green button is rather annoying if you are trying to fast sim seasons.

also, is there a way to delete emails?
Old 03-28-2015, 05:02 PM   #109
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

There needs to be the contiue game timeout where if you don't press a key within 2-5-10 seconds the game continues, I think we need to submit a feature request
Old 03-29-2015, 11:08 AM   #110
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Found a potential issue with some of the CPU GM logic. About a week into November and New York has put a player on waivers with the below numbers:

Games Played 11
Goals 4
Assists 12
Points 16
+/- +9
Average Rating 8.09

His availability is "Deemed Untouchable by the Team"; though just prior to waiving him they were shopping him around.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 11:17 AM   #111
bhlloy
Coordinator

Probably salary cap related? Although the logic for that seems to be a bit screwy as well, teams will try to shop one expensive good player rather than a few lesser players that would get them to the same place. In my game the Rangers shipped off St Louis for a couple of late draft picks right away.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 11:43 AM   #112
MizzouCowboy
H.S. Freshman Team

Wow, I don't visit the forum for a few days and this happens! Took about 5 seconds to go purchase, don't know what took me so long.

Didn't need another game, but couldn't resist. Besides, I had 5 cents left over in steam gifts, had to use it somehow!
MizzouCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 03:03 PM   #113
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Obviously I haven't posted here in some time, but with the news that EHM is back I just can't stay in the shadows any longer. Whenever online leagues go live, I am in.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 03:29 PM   #114
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Is it not a Mac game? Was thinkng about getting it.
Old 03-29-2015, 04:41 PM   #115
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Probably salary cap related? Although the logic for that seems to be a bit screwy as well, teams will try to shop one expensive good player rather than a few lesser players that would get them to the same place. In my game the Rangers shipped off St Louis for a couple of late draft picks right away.

They were under the cap based on what I saw when they placed him on the trading block; though any offer was met with a rejected trade saying the player was too valuable to trade. Then a week later came the news that he was put on waivers.

I said screw it and claimed him. (my team was sucking and needed some changes so a couple trades and that pick up seemed to help change the mood in the locker room and the results have changes as well; we started out 1-7-3 and no matter what I changed up it didn't work; that was October, the month changed to November and we have been 4-0; though we started that streak before I claimed him).
Old 03-29-2015, 05:25 PM   #116
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

I wasn't sure if this would work on my Surface Pro 2 but I bought it in hopes it would and sure enough it does. Got some real rosters, faces and logos loaded and I'm all set to take the Jets to the cup!
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 07:52 PM   #117
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I love seeing all the hockey talk back!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 10:45 PM   #118
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Obviously I haven't posted here in some time, but with the news that EHM is back I just can't stay in the shadows any longer. Whenever online leagues go live, I am in.

DeTox!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 10:57 PM   #119
Jon
High School Varsity

Stupid question, but where do you put the player pics?
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 06:29 AM   #120
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

not a stupid question. they go here (and this folder doesn't exist until you create it)

\Eastside Hockey Manager\data\pictures\players
Old 03-30-2015, 08:37 AM   #121
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Played through training camp last night, and I found the try-outs/cuts confusing. I would get these messages that it was expected I make some cuts, but no information as to how many I needed to cut. Even for final cuts I had no idea what my final roster size needed to be.

I also found that cutting was tedious because I had to click on each player, go to Actions, and then terminate his try-out. It would be nice to just have a way to mass-cut groups of guys. Because of all this I just decided to try not cutting people and see what would happen. It seems like all the try-out guys just eventually get dropped off at the end anyways. So why would I go through the hassle of cutting them?
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Old 03-30-2015, 09:13 AM   #122
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
Played through training camp last night, and I found the try-outs/cuts confusing. I would get these messages that it was expected I make some cuts, but no information as to how many I needed to cut. Even for final cuts I had no idea what my final roster size needed to be.

I also found that cutting was tedious because I had to click on each player, go to Actions, and then terminate his try-out. It would be nice to just have a way to mass-cut groups of guys. Because of all this I just decided to try not cutting people and see what would happen. It seems like all the try-out guys just eventually get dropped off at the end anyways. So why would I go through the hassle of cutting them?

yeah, I've never loved the way the game handles camp. you don't get any guidance about the cuts, but there doesn't seem to be any reason to actually cut the players. plus, I feel like the game should give you a warning as to when the waiver period starts

I ran into trouble after camp during an exhibition game, when I kept getting an error about having an illegal roster, but on the screen there was no maximum limit. Couldn't figure out how to fix it, ultimately let the coach handle it and he sent all the goalies down save two. the rest of the roster stayed the same.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:23 AM   #123
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Is there any kind of dictionary or help file that explains the tactical options? Like 'positional' vs 'overload' etc? I'd love to see a diagram showing what the optimal execution of one of these systems would look like so I could choose the most appropriate one for my players.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:27 AM   #124
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
Is there any kind of dictionary or help file that explains the tactical options? Like 'positional' vs 'overload' etc? I'd love to see a diagram showing what the optimal execution of one of these systems would look like so I could choose the most appropriate one for my players.

Take a peek at this.

EHM 2007 Guide - The Blue Line Wiki
sovereignstar v2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 10:22 AM   #125
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Thank you!
Old 03-30-2015, 12:23 PM   #126
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
not a stupid question. they go here (and this folder doesn't exist until you create it)

\Eastside Hockey Manager\data\pictures\players

Some pictures show up for me and most don't despite the face pack having been extracted there.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 12:54 PM   #127
boberot
High School Varsity

Conceding that maybe there is: I wish there was a way to scout your own farm system.

I also found that trying to find decent FAs when none of them have been scouted at the beginning of a new career is next to impossible.

Anybody more savvy with EHM have any tips? Thanks.

So happy this game is back . . . .

Last edited by boberot : 03-30-2015 at 12:56 PM.
boberot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 01:13 PM   #128
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Some pictures show up for me and most don't despite the face pack having been extracted there.

I had found that I had downloaded the wrong facepack. there's a big facepack with 800 or so and an update with 100 something. I had the update only until I finally figured it out
Old 03-30-2015, 01:17 PM   #129
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by boberot View Post
Conceding that maybe there is: I wish there was a way to scout your own farm system.

I also found that trying to find decent FAs when none of them have been scouted at the beginning of a new career is next to impossible.

You can scout individual teams or leagues but it'd be nice to be able to scout your own farm system. And I agree. Sorting FA's is never easy, but it's downright impossible at the beginning.

I am REALLY excited to have EHM back, and I'm hoping the return will give the guys a chance to tweak some of the little oddities and annoyances like these that have kicked around for a while
Old 03-30-2015, 07:47 PM   #130
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
I had found that I had downloaded the wrong facepack. there's a big facepack with 800 or so and an update with 100 something. I had the update only until I finally figured it out

Would help if you, you know, posted the link to the big facepack, since both of the ones I see from upthread are almost certainly the 100-somethings.
Old 03-30-2015, 07:52 PM   #131
Groundhog
Coordinator

I know less about hockey than I do about soccer (pre-FM), but I think I'd really dig a hockey sim. I sometimes get overwhelmed with the size of my roster and starting 11 that I lose track of individuals, where as (from what I gather) rosters would be more compact here.

How deep does EHM get into player personalities and the other non-'action on turf' side compared to FM?

Last edited by Groundhog : 03-30-2015 at 07:54 PM.
Groundhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 11:56 PM   #132
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
You can scout individual teams or leagues but it'd be nice to be able to scout your own farm system. And I agree. Sorting FA's is never easy, but it's downright impossible at the beginning.

I am REALLY excited to have EHM back, and I'm hoping the return will give the guys a chance to tweak some of the little oddities and annoyances like these that have kicked around for a while
Yeah, my workaround is assigning a scout to my two minor league teams, then maybe bumping him to whatever teams a few of my better unsigned prospects on the team report page play for, but they really should add a button to do the whole farm system at once. Or give you a yearly report from the head scout (and one at the start of a new career/job). FM had that same quirk, but I think fixed it in more recent versions.

Haven't had a chance to dive in deeply yet. Hearing a couple worrying things regarding goalies (starters play too many games, good goalies stay good way too long), and I did run into my first RTE error a couple hours in, but it's early in EA so hopefully those are fixed. If Riz reads this add me to the chorus that really hopes they do add the ability to work in different screen resolutions, even if text is annoyingly small or I have to scroll on some screens.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 04:59 AM   #133
riz
SI Games

Thanks for the suggestions guys. As has been said, this is early days in Early Access and the initial focus obviously is to fix any urgent issues like crashes, but we will also be looking at balancing gameplay etc. as the early access goes on.

Aside from this, we've got some new features lined up as well as some new playable leagues to be added, so there is some all-new stuff to come as well.
riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 06:35 AM   #134
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Would help if you, you know, posted the link to the big facepack, since both of the ones I see from upthread are almost certainly the 100-somethings.

if you're using this one, referenced earlier in the thread
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=a0fa7...0E0329C5C5!715

there's two files and you can't see the full file names unless you change the view in the upper right. You want the "real dates" file (the other has birthdates adjusted to a 2006 start date).

and then the update is here
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=a0fa7...0329C5C5%21715

again, you want the "real dates" one if you are starting from present day.
Old 03-31-2015, 02:22 PM   #135
boberot
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
I know less about hockey than I do about soccer (pre-FM), but I think I'd really dig a hockey sim. I sometimes get overwhelmed with the size of my roster and starting 11 that I lose track of individuals, where as (from what I gather) rosters would be more compact here.

How deep does EHM get into player personalities and the other non-'action on turf' side compared to FM?

By no means am I any kind of authority on the game, but I can confidently say that personalities of players / owners / team officials / etc. is nothing like it is in FM.

I also think it's still pretty easy to "lose track" of guys, since you're dressing 20 guys a night and typically playing all but your backup GK. Not to mention your farm affiliates and other prospects and junior players . . . .
boberot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 02:50 PM   #136
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
if you're using this one, referenced earlier in the thread
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=a0fa7...0E0329C5C5!715

there's two files and you can't see the full file names unless you change the view in the upper right. You want the "real dates" file (the other has birthdates adjusted to a 2006 start date).

and then the update is here
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=a0fa7...0329C5C5%21715

again, you want the "real dates" one if you are starting from present day.

Thanks. I think the real dates is what I'm using but it only had 100 or so faces in it, I guess. Does the update have all the rest?
Old 03-31-2015, 03:15 PM   #137
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Do you have to play out every game? Is there no sim game button?

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 03:31 PM   #138
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmel View Post
Do you have to play out every game? Is there no sim game button?

There's no sim game button but there are options you can use to greatly reduce the length of time each game takes. I have mine set to 'key highlights only' and the clock speed/game speed both at 'very fast'.

It's not as fast as FOF but it's faster (for me) than FM.
Old 03-31-2015, 04:16 PM   #139
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Thanks. I think the real dates is what I'm using but it only had 100 or so faces in it, I guess. Does the update have all the rest?

I'm guessing you have the real dates update (2nd file) not the real dates full pack (1st file). at least, that's what I had done. you ultimately want both
Old 03-31-2015, 04:19 PM   #140
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
I'm guessing you have the real dates update (2nd file) not the real dates full pack (1st file). at least, that's what I had done. you ultimately want both

and the first link you posted earlier today is the full file with the second being the update?
Old 03-31-2015, 04:22 PM   #141
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

wait, I think that first link is wrong. hold on

try this one
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=A0FA7...0329c5c5%21645

Last edited by Draft Dodger : 03-31-2015 at 04:26 PM.
Draft Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 04:48 PM   #142
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
There's no sim game button but there are options you can use to greatly reduce the length of time each game takes. I have mine set to 'key highlights only' and the clock speed/game speed both at 'very fast'.

It's not as fast as FOF but it's faster (for me) than FM.

Thanks. Are there plans to add a sim game button? I couldn't imagine a text sim without one. Even FM has one (at least in the FMC).

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Old 03-31-2015, 04:51 PM   #143
IlliniCub
High School Varsity

You can sim individual games as long as in GM options you have it set so that human coaches every game or whatever is set at no. Then you just press continue and it sims like a normal day as if your team isn't playing and you can set your line ups and tactics, then just look at the results.
Old 04-03-2015, 08:19 AM   #144
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

fwiw, my 16 (dang, 17 in two weeks) year old picked up the game from Steam last night. Funny thing is that he was just asking about it about a month ago, then this thread popped up in a timely fashion.

When I went to bed last night he was still on the couch playing
Old 04-03-2015, 12:17 PM   #145
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

download now.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 07:23 PM   #146
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

One thing that has always bugged me about FM and now this is massive amount of attributes to sort through. Not being too familiar with hockey, I can't even seem to find a star rating to help guide me along. Any suggestions for a newb?

Old 04-04-2015, 09:37 AM   #147
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmel View Post
One thing that has always bugged me about FM and now this is massive amount of attributes to sort through. Not being too familiar with hockey, I can't even seem to find a star rating to help guide me along. Any suggestions for a newb?

The only place that I have seen star ratings is in the propose trade screen but that seems to be an interest rating.
Old 04-04-2015, 01:18 PM   #148
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
The only place that I have seen star ratings is in the propose trade screen but that seems to be an interest rating.

One of the screens for trading (I think it's when you're proposing a deal) has the stars labeled "Value" instead of "Interest". But that's just trade value, not skill :/
Old 04-04-2015, 03:33 PM   #149
IlliniCub
High School Varsity

Does anyone have good practice tips or schedules that work for you? I'm not developing prospects as well as I'd like.
Old 04-04-2015, 05:28 PM   #150
tarcone
Coordinator

Couldnt get the pictures to work. But thats ok.

Played the 1st exhibition game as St. Louis. The Blues spanked the Ducks, 7-0.
Pure domination.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote