Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-15-2016, 10:48 AM   #201
tarcone
Coordinator

Where do i download the updates? Cant seem to find them.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 11:45 AM   #202
djsatu
High School Varsity

For people just getting started, below are links to roster updates for today and past years. Also if im not mistaken, instructions are included on how to install them into your game.

2015/16 8.2 UPDATE

[2015-16] TBL Rosters v8.2 [EHM 1] • EHM The Blue Line

Various Retro Rosters

Retro Rosters • EHM The Blue Line

A link to the facepacks I use in my game that are awesome!

[EHM] Projekt: Facepacks till EHM:EA [Actionpics] - FMSweden

Enjoy the game!
djsatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 12:11 PM   #203
tarcone
Coordinator

Im looking for update 1.1.1

Old 05-15-2016, 01:15 PM   #204
Suicane75
Coordinator

I'm fairly certain the answer to this is no, but is there a way to customize the league structure/size and use computer generated players to populate your universe.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 01:30 PM   #205
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Im looking for update 1.1.1

Haven't played in awhile but its a STEAM game doesn't it auto update?
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 02:25 PM   #206
tarcone
Coordinator

It doesnt look like it did. Where can I see what version of the game I have?

Old 05-15-2016, 03:57 PM   #207
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

I just opened my game to check and on the upper left of the opening splash screen it shows the version number. Mine does show 1.1.1
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 05:47 PM   #208
tarcone
Coordinator

Cool. I will check it out. Thanks

Old 05-15-2016, 10:50 PM   #209
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
Haven't played in awhile but its a STEAM game doesn't it auto update?

Yes, as long as you are logged into Steam. Being in offline mode will NOT update the game automatically, however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 05:37 AM   #210
whomario
Pro Starter

How do you keep track of player development in this one ? Considering this is based on FM i am a bit incredulous how many of itīs little options/screens/functions are missing that would be as much or even more nescessary here.

Having started a game with the Sabres i seem to have a pretty crappy team but a few youngsters and will rely heavily on the draft as well. So itīd be kinda important to do this.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 05-17-2016 at 05:38 AM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 09:59 AM   #211
Umbrella
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
How do you keep track of player development in this one ? Considering this is based on FM i am a bit incredulous how many of itīs little options/screens/functions are missing that would be as much or even more nescessary here.

Having started a game with the Sabres i seem to have a pretty crappy team but a few youngsters and will rely heavily on the draft as well. So itīd be kinda important to do this.

I've been digging around online for this same question, and it looks like it isn't in the game. You will have to manually keep track, which is a pain.

I'm hoping someone can prove me wrong.
Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 01:42 PM   #212
whomario
Pro Starter

Another thing: Is there no way to sort by or search by scout recommendation (4* 5* f.e. ) ?
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
Old 05-17-2016, 03:35 PM   #213
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Another thing: Is there no way to sort by or search by scout recommendation (4* 5* f.e. ) ?

Unfortunately no.

Quote:
Old 05-17-2016, 03:49 PM   #214
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post
Unfortunately no.

Hah, now i know why that screen name looked familiar
Old 05-18-2016, 12:58 PM   #215
whomario
Pro Starter

Is there a screen to watch past Draft results ?
Old 05-18-2016, 01:01 PM   #216
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Is there a screen to watch past Draft results ?

You can look at past drafts through either the current draft screen or via your team's draft screen under transactions (clicking on the arrows at the top will take you to past drafts for your team).

You can also look at past drafts by clicking on a player's draft info under the information section of the player's individual screen.

Quote:
Old 05-18-2016, 09:45 PM   #217
whomario
Pro Starter

Obliged
Old 05-19-2016, 01:00 PM   #218
Umbrella
High School Varsity

I took the plunge and bought this. I'm starting in Bradford, which is in the British league (N2), and I am having a problem. This team is all amateurs, so I can't hire an assistant GM or any scouts, since none of them will sign for nothing. I managed to find a guy as a player/coach, so at least I can have practice. Is this just life in an amateur league, or am I missing something?
Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 09:13 AM   #219
riz
SI Games

Quote:

If you have a scout with some reports listed on the scouting screen, you can indeed sort by scout recommendations. From the "View" menu, select the "Scout Recommendations" view and it shows both the Current and Future recommendations in star ratings and you can sort by either of those. On the other views the higher of the two recommendations is always listed on the left most column as well when viewing a scouts list.

The online game is indeed setup so that one person sets up a server and others join that server to play at the same time. There is currently no official support for other kind of network games, although in theory you could manually run all the human teams on just your own machine as a commish, based on decisions sent in by the GM's. But that could be a bit of a hassle.

Thanks for the feedback here, I'll try and take it all into account in the future versions.
riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 09:18 AM   #220
riz
SI Games

Quote:

If you can list the specific options/screens/functions you use for the player development tracking in FM here, I can look at implementing them in EHM as well.

Tracking the attribute development for players on your team (like FM) is already on my own wishlist already.

Currently, you can see the list of latest views of the scouts on the player profile screen, under Scouting Report and selecting the "Notes & Stats" view there. This is probably the closest thing to tracking the development at the moment.
riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 03:06 PM   #221
whomario
Pro Starter

Thanks for taking the time to get back to us here

Before i get back to the topics you asked for ... How do you feel about adding the ability to keep (and maybe save/load or export/import them) multiple shortlists ? Having just the one is really bad for an unorganized horder like me

Anyway ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by riz View Post
If you have a scout with some reports listed on the scouting screen, you can indeed sort by scout recommendations. From the "View" menu, select the "Scout Recommendations" view and it shows both the Current and Future recommendations in star ratings and you can sort by either of those. On the other views the higher of the two recommendations is always listed on the left most column as well when viewing a scouts list.

In FM you can access the scout recommendation on the player search screen, not just when looking at a specific scoutīs screen and also filter by it among all players (in your knowledge range). The scouts screen is of course a pretty useful screen to have (itīs a bit more hidden in FM actually) and the draft screen with the 5 scout recomendations next to each other is outright brilliant. Would it maybe be possible to simply add that view to the player search screen ? Seems weird that it is missing as an option when the other views are so similar.

Iīll offer a few screenshots that should illustrate what i mean re: FM/EHM

EHM Draft:

EHM Player search (iīd like that 5 scout view on there ! ):

FM Player search with Ability/Potential (i assume from the latest scout report available) while showing the option to filter by star rating (again i assume taking into account the most recent scout report). The "range" between min/max (indicated by yellow/black within the stars) for both Ability and Potential is a new thing in FM that added greatly, giving some more "fog of war"

Quote:
If you can list the specific options/screens/functions you use for the player development tracking in FM here, I can look at implementing them in EHM as well.

Tracking the attribute development for players on your team (like FM) is already on my own wishlist already.

Thereīs 2 major screens for this or rather thereīs also the arrow-indicators on the attribute screen (available on multiple screens).

Development ---> Training

for a quick overview, highlighting the attributes essential to the current tactical training/role.

Development ---> Attribute Changes , which goes back longer and is fully customizable as to which attributes you want to have displayed.

Old 06-03-2016, 04:15 PM   #222
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Thanks for the screenshots and explanation of what you want to see in EHM. I would also love to see those things and you sharing it like this means I don't have to.

Quote:
Old 06-03-2016, 04:16 PM   #223
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
...Thanks for the feedback here, I'll try and take it all into account in the future versions.

I love seeing this. Thanks for all you do Riz.

Quote:
Old 06-26-2016, 10:55 PM   #224
chrisj
H.S. Freshman Team

Location: Edmonton, Alberta (but still wishing I was in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada)
Pretty major bug in the new update to EHM. A couple of my players left my NHL team to play in an European tournament - European Hockey Tour(?) - leaving my team short handed in the middle of the season.
chrisj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 08:25 AM   #225
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisj View Post
Pretty major bug in the new update to EHM. A couple of my players left my NHL team to play in an European tournament - European Hockey Tour(?) - leaving my team short handed in the middle of the season.

I saw that people were posting about that over on their boards. Kinda crappy, but hope they get that sorted out soon.

I have enjoyed playing EHM but have some minor irritations. The guys noted the scouting above which I wont get into, but these are the little things that bug me.

1. The Board- This for me is a game killer. I can't tell you how frustrating it is to make trades dumping terrible salaries, or trimming the fat off financials only to have the board get upset at the trades that were made. It puts the users job in jeopardy and it doesn’t need to. Getting fired partly because you had a bad season, but because you started on the wrong foot with the board due to trades the board didn't like just sucks. This really needs a hard look in a new version because when it happens it makes me want to turn the game off and not open it again. There is nothing worse than doing well for years and then something like this occurs.

2. Training camp- When you set the option to not having an open camp, can the option stay like that until you change it? I forget to set the camp to not being open every year, and then have to un-invite guys to camp which is time consuming.

3. Coaches- When head coaches get fired in the NHL (game wise) I can offer them assistant jobs right away from the email that I saw them being fired in and they accept. If they still want to be head coaches I would assume they shouldn’t just take the first assistant coaching job that gets offed to them. You can end up with a pretty top heavy staff if you know what you are doing here in a few game years.

4. Under Gm options- when I select that the board should arrange exhibition games, I still have to end up manually doing them myself.

5. I hope at some point the NHL draft scouting a permanent assignment. I hate having to go back in every 2 months just to do the same thing over and over again. It feels unnecessary here and another major time waster.

6. Also once you put a scout on whatever it is their recommendation updates are, I hope eventually that it can be changed so that it stays that way until I take them off. It clutters up the mail box, but since it resets for the draft every 2 months, I have to spend even more time putting it back on not wanting updates which is another pain.

Thanks for all the good work Riz.

Last edited by muns : 06-27-2016 at 08:26 AM.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 07:10 PM   #226
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Fired this up tonight for the first time in ages. I'm happy they're still updating it. It sims too slowly for me, but it's good to know that it's functioning and I think the UI is slicker than FHM2 and seems just generally more realistic so long as you don't want to customize.

I'm kind of between them at the moment, because I tend to prefer customization, but I think at the price point, both are useful depending on your goals.
Old 07-04-2017, 01:44 PM   #227
djsatu
High School Varsity

Just wanted to bring this back from the dead. On sale for 5 bucks again on steam, and people have added vegas databases for everyone to enjoy.

Save 75% on Eastside Hockey Manager on Steam
Old 07-04-2017, 01:56 PM   #228
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

How's it compare to FHM3?
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 02:13 PM   #229
djsatu
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilodor View Post
How's it compare to FHM3?

I didn't spend much time on FHM3, but the amount of rosters, picture packs, fun with EHM, you won't be disappointed. Reviews don't lie either. The developer is still communicating with people and updating the game as we speak.

Last edited by djsatu : 07-05-2017 at 02:15 PM.
Old 02-24-2019, 01:41 PM   #230
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

Wondering, has anyone got this working on a laptop running Windows 10? Whenever I try to load this up, I constantly get an error stating "Unable to initialise the sound - please ensure that DirectX is installed properly." Would love to play this. I tried a few suggestions on ehmtheblueline.com but none seemed to work for me.
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 08:44 PM   #231
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carman Bulldog View Post
Wondering, has anyone got this working on a laptop running Windows 10? Whenever I try to load this up, I constantly get an error stating "Unable to initialise the sound - please ensure that DirectX is installed properly." Would love to play this. I tried a few suggestions on ehmtheblueline.com but none seemed to work for me.

Do you have speakers or headphones plugged in to your audio jack?

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 03:56 PM   #232
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Noticed this is down to $4.99 on Steam now. Version 1.5, which would probably be released as a new game by many, is in a public beta right now.
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote