Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-29-2018, 09:14 AM   #51
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I play on AP defaults, 15M/15S accel. I've tried tweaking sliders but to me, it just feels like if I fix something, it throws something else off kilter, so I've left them alone except for injuries which I set at 10 because I've never been a fan of tons of injuries in any sports game.

Make sure you play the game on normal speed or higher as I've read on slow things like the center freezing, HB's pausing, etc might have to do with a bug on the "slow" speed setting.

I play on xbox and do see a few bugs here and there but nothing has been game breaking or anything like that. In fact, I'm 0-3 but each game has been totally different and I can really tell who I'm playing as the game does showcase the stars of the NFL. I have the CPU do the practices and I focus on roster building and playing the full games.

I love the snapshots and how they rotate while your coach is in his office. You can also manually take them during games and they'll show up on stories and what not.

MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 01:27 PM   #52
sabotai
General Manager

It might be the Slow setting, then. I'll try Normal.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 01:52 PM   #53
A-Husker-4-Life
College Prospect

Hey MizzouRah,

With Default sliders, hows the CPU running against you? I had to bump the run blocking all the way to 100 on AP.
Old 08-29-2018, 05:40 PM   #54
chinaski
College Prospect

Hows the online play? I imagine the player base is waaay smaller than console, is it easy to find games? Or is there cross play?
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 06:53 PM   #55
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Husker-4-Life View Post
Hey MizzouRah,

With Default sliders, hows the CPU running against you? I had to bump the run blocking all the way to 100 on AP.

I don't really see much difference with it on 100 to be honest. The CPU team with a good RB typically averages around 60-80 yards, but I'm about the same so I guess it's at least even. The issue I see is the CPU RB has a straight line for yardage and then does these spins and jukes and instead of gaining more yards, they end up losing yards. Hopefully they patch that and I believe that would fix the issue for good. I've had to train myself to stop doing it and it's helped my running game quite a bit.
Old 08-29-2018, 07:13 PM   #56
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
I don't really see much difference with it on 100 to be honest. The CPU team with a good RB typically averages around 60-80 yards, but I'm about the same so I guess it's at least even. The issue I see is the CPU RB has a straight line for yardage and then does these spins and jukes and instead of gaining more yards, they end up losing yards. Hopefully they patch that and I believe that would fix the issue for good. I've had to train myself to stop doing it and it's helped my running game quite a bit.

I actually found the training drills have helped my own running game quite a bit by at least helping me understand what I should be reading re: picking my lane. With run blocking on 100 for the CPU I'm seeing the same as you - I played against the Steelers last night and Bell broke off two long rushes but otherwise was generally negative or a few yards per carry, ended up with a little over 3 ypc.
Old 08-29-2018, 09:27 PM   #57
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
I actually found the training drills have helped my own running game quite a bit by at least helping me understand what I should be reading re: picking my lane. With run blocking on 100 for the CPU I'm seeing the same as you - I played against the Steelers last night and Bell broke off two long rushes but otherwise was generally negative or a few yards per carry, ended up with a little over 3 ypc.

I have the CPU do my training each week. I can get close to 100 yards with Johnson, although the Rams held him to around 50 as their DLine is brutal and my OLine isn't the best. The CPU gets close to 3 ypg against me even on defaults and if they would quit that juking/spinning I think it would be perfect. It also seems like RB's in general don't have that spurt unless you can execute a perfect RPM move, then it's a thing of beauty. I just don't think the CPU uses the RPM mechanic. (one thing I have learned is RPM is tied to the RT on xbox so a move with the LS and RT performs an RPM move and a double press of RT makes them sprint)

Passing is superb though, I do see some sort of CB warping at times where I think I have a step on them and they like warp to the ball, it's a very odd looking animation when that happens... but making that perfect throw to Fitzgerald in the back of the endzone is some fist pumping stuff from this old man.

I'm so worried about playing the 3-0 Seahawks that I'm going to wait until tomorrow because I'm beat tired tonight.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 08-29-2018 at 09:29 PM.
Old 08-30-2018, 03:45 PM   #58
sabotai
General Manager

This is what makes Madden so endlessly frustrating for me...

I play on Slow. The AI can run and pass. I can run and pass. It's a good bit off. I have to push the sliders up and down to find a good balance, which I usually never do. But I got decently close with 17. But in 19, the large amount of bugs and glitches make Slow unplayable. There wasn't a single drive in which at least one play wasn't affected by it.

So I switch to Normal. Most of the glitches are gone. I did have a play where a TE stayed in his stance after the snap on a Mesh play. I also had two really bad instances of DB warping (never saw that on Slow). But, as far as bugs, glitches, weird animation issues, it was far better than Slow. But, now the AI can't run for shit. In my game vs. Carolina, they ran the ball 22 times for 1 yard. On Slow, same matchup (NYG vs. CAR) they had a little over 100 yards on roughly the same number of carries (~20). That was with Run Blocking set to 70 (on both play speeds) I think.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 04:56 PM   #59
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

We beat Seattle 31-17! Our defense was stellar with 7 sacks and 2 INT, one for a pick-6. Our passing is struggling but Johnson had 103 yards on the ground.

I had some update (cloud CFM) that told me to restart my game, I have no idea what update it was but the CPU HB did seem to run better (maybe just a time where they actually went straight for more yards instead of juking/spinning). Seattle had 67 yards against me on the ground.
Old 08-30-2018, 05:01 PM   #60
RainMaker
General Manager

I feel like the CPU running has never been great in Madden. This is dating back decades. Maybe it's something that's really difficult to get right.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 10:33 PM   #61
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Just had a fantastic game Cardinals (me) vs 49ers. It was back and forth all game and after Bradford's 3rd INT it was time to give Rosen his shot. He took us down the field but we could only muster a FG, so we are down 24-19 late in the 4th quarter. On 3rd down, Garoppolo throws an INT to Peterson at their 31 yard line. Rosen makes some tight, accurate throws and we get to the 4 yard line. On 3rd and goal he gets sacked and we have a 4th and goal on the 11 yard line. I call pass play and tell myself this has to go to Fitzgerald no matter what. He's on a slant route in the endzone and my OL line holds, Rosen throws a perfect ball to Fitzgerald and we score a TD. I might have cried if he dropped it, but it's Fitzgerald.

We miss the 2pt conversion but there is only 20 seconds left. We intercept the hail mary and secure our 2nd win of the season. It's been a very long time since I've had an emotional game like that. To top it off, we sign Fitzgerald to a 2yr deal. This game isn't perfect, but I am thoroughly enjoying console football again.
Old 08-31-2018, 10:11 PM   #62
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

OMG.. tied 20-20 with Minnesota and I try for the big pass play with little time left in the 4th quarter and they intercept. They complete two passes and hit a 51 yard FG for the win. Why in the F didn't I just run the ball and take my chances in OT?
Old 09-04-2018, 06:13 PM   #63
Groundhog
Coordinator

Have to admit, I'm enjoying Madden. I simmed the last 5 games of my first season with the Browns and completed the offseason. Mayfield has taken over as starter at QB and I bolstered our offensive line by overpaying for the best RG on the market (low 80s rated - my starter last year was in the high 60s), signed a small improvement at LT, and drafted some mid/high-70s rated defensive talent at MLB/DT/OLB with my top 3 picks. Bumped us up to an 85-81 rated team.

Found myself down 6-20 at half time versus the Steelers after a fumble in the redzone led to a huge return by the Steelers followed shortly after by a TD pass in the dying seconds. Then Mayfield threw 3 2nd half TD passes and Hyde broke off a 60+ yard TD in the 4th Q to give us the 34-20 comeback win. Big Ben threw 3 interceptions which is the most I've had thrown against me so far. CPU still can't really run for shit, but generally speaking the passing game compensates for it.
Old 09-04-2018, 08:56 PM   #64
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I'm enjoying it as well. I like the signing of players each week as well as the talk around the league. The halftime show is lame, but better than nothing I guess.

We sit at 4-4 heading into Kansas City next who are 6-3. I agree the CPU running game isn't the best, but they do typically get at least 50 or so yards against me. I lead the league in defense (due to the lack of CPU running game) but the Rams are a close 2nd.

I hope the next title update rids the CPU runners of the juking/spinning stuff when they have room in front of them.

The thing that keeps me wanting to play is each team really feels different. I just beat the 49ers at home, 10-3 but it was a fantastic back and forth by both defenses. I love thinking about things like checking to Fitzgerald to see if he's single covered and if so, he's probably getting a ball thrown his way.. having Maclin adds a nice threat as well. Overall nothing has made me frustrated as being cheezy or unrealistic.

Normally I would have moved on waiting for NHL to be released, but this years Madden has been a pleasant surprise to me.
Old 09-04-2018, 09:05 PM   #65
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
The thing that keeps me wanting to play is each team really feels different. I just beat the 49ers at home, 10-3 but it was a fantastic back and forth by both defenses. I love thinking about things like checking to Fitzgerald to see if he's single covered and if so, he's probably getting a ball thrown his way.. having Maclin adds a nice threat as well. Overall nothing has made me frustrated as being cheezy or unrealistic.

This is kinda where I am. Playing the Steelers in particular and watching Big Ben shrug off contact and launching bombs into traffic really felt like watching a Steelers game.

Quote:
Normally I would have moved on waiting for NHL to be released, but this years Madden has been a pleasant surprise to me.

For me, NBA 2K steals 90% of my gaming time when it's release, but Madden has me thinking I'll wait until the sales to pick it up and see if I can't get through 4 or 5 full seasons of Madden first.
Old 09-06-2018, 07:00 AM   #66
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Lost 19-16 in OT to Kansas City but it was a fun game. Their starting RB got injured early but the backup ran for 88 yards.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:13 AM   #67
TexasT
Mascot

Are you controlling players are just calling the plays?
TexasT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 12:08 PM   #68
bhlloy
Coordinator

Are there any obvious exploits this year? For example, I put last years down because it seemed far too easy to complete long passes with any speedy receiver and a mediocre QB at an 80% clip.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 05:10 PM   #69
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasT View Post
Are you controlling players are just calling the plays?

I play a full game controlling the players.
Old 09-06-2018, 05:12 PM   #70
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Are there any obvious exploits this year? For example, I put last years down because it seemed far too easy to complete long passes with any speedy receiver and a mediocre QB at an 80% clip.

Haven't noticed any in 20+ games but I'm no Madden superstar. I always call the strategy "quick" play of defense and expand the strategy plays on offense. I don't do all the ID the mike or audibles either so take that FWIW.
Old 09-06-2018, 09:37 PM   #71
bhlloy
Coordinator

Thanks for the info. For anyone playing on PC, how is the customization? Can you edit and import draft classes, can you edit players while in Franchise mode (for example)?
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 10:07 PM   #72
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Had my best start ever, a 49 yard TD to Maclin and a 28 yard TD run by Johnson add 2 FG and I'm up 20-0 over the Raiders at home. They come storming back, most of it due to my stupidity and end up beating us 31-26. We are now 4-6 on the season and Bradford is out for the next 6 weeks, the Rosen era starts now.

Down 31-26 late in the 4th I recover a fumble on Oakland's 12 yard line. Rosen has Nelson wide open on a TD pass and I bullet pass it instead of giving it some air and I'm picked off. Frustrating game.. especially after the great start.. but everything was my fault. They had a 98 yard pick 6 and Mack, who's still on the Raiders recovered a fumble by Bradford and went 40 yards for a TD. Just.. stupid.. mistakes.

Up next is the 7-3 Chargers. It's time to see what we have for next season, our defense is great, but we make a lot of mistakes on offense.
Old 09-08-2018, 11:11 AM   #73
djsatu
High School Varsity

Quote:
Had my best start ever, a 49 yard TD to Maclin and a 28 yard TD run by Johnson add 2 FG and I'm up 20-0 over the Raiders at home. They come storming back, most of it due to my stupidity and end up beating us 31-26. We are now 4-6 on the season and Bradford is out for the next 6 weeks, the Rosen era starts now.

Down 31-26 late in the 4th I recover a fumble on Oakland's 12 yard line. Rosen has Nelson wide open on a TD pass and I bullet pass it instead of giving it some air and I'm picked off. Frustrating game.. especially after the great start.. but everything was my fault. They had a 98 yard pick 6 and Mack, who's still on the Raiders recovered a fumble by Bradford and went 40 yards for a TD. Just.. stupid.. mistakes.

Up next is the 7-3 Chargers. It's time to see what we have for next season, our defense is great, but we make a lot of mistakes on offense.

MizzouRah, are you still enjoying NHL 19? Are the AI and goalies somewhat better? Sliders make a difference? I'm dying for a hockey game, but haven't bought EA hockey in year as im not a hut/mut player as that's what the sporting games have come to these days. PES 2019 is a huge disappointment for me this year, as it's completely unplayable due to AI and lack of ML work from last year.
djsatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 07:30 PM   #74
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsatu View Post
MizzouRah, are you still enjoying NHL 19? Are the AI and goalies somewhat better? Sliders make a difference? I'm dying for a hockey game, but haven't bought EA hockey in year as im not a hut/mut player as that's what the sporting games have come to these days. PES 2019 is a huge disappointment for me this year, as it's completely unplayable due to AI and lack of ML work from last year.

Yes, but DO NOT install the game play update (tuner). I installed the tuner and the game went back to what felt like NHL 18. So I deleted my saved game data and it's back to playing out of the box fun.
Old 09-08-2018, 08:17 PM   #75
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

We continue to find ways to lose games. Up 12-0 against the Chargers after a missed extra point and earlier missed FG. They get a FG and I'm still u p 12-3. We can't do much on offense and they march down and score a TD, 12-10. Late in the 4th quarter my RB Johnson fumbles the ball and they run it back to go up 17-12. We march down the field on a couple of big passing plays but Fitzgerald drops a leaping catch into the endzone to put away the game for San Diego.

We are now 4-7 as we head to Green Bay to take on the 6-5 Packers. Rosen had a good game, but I threw 3 INT's with him, something I do often in this game.
Old 09-10-2018, 12:24 PM   #76
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

September title update is LIVE.

Getting ready to play my next franchise game against Green Bay, so we shall see if CPU running has been improved as well as zone coverages.
Old 09-11-2018, 10:10 PM   #77
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

CPU running is still crap.

I'm 4-10 with the Cardinals but have the best defense in the league.
Old 09-11-2018, 10:46 PM   #78
Groundhog
Coordinator

I find elusive backs are the only ones that have any success against me because they can sometimes shrug/juke off the first tackle and do some damage - especially up the middle. Still, 1.5 season and only 2 games where I've had the CPU clock up over 100 yards, and both were largely due to one big run of 40+ yards.

Super annoying when receivers get hit, stumble backwards a few yards, then get caught in an animation and fall back another 4-5 yards to end up about 7-8 yards behind where they caught the ball. Always seems to happen on 3rd down, too.

All in all though, enjoying the game a good deal, but need to increase the CPU interception slider now that I'm getting a better hang on it. Just had a 22-27 throwing game with Mayfield, and at least 3 of the incompletions were where I threw in to double/triple coverage and deserved a pick.
Old 09-12-2018, 11:11 PM   #79
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I find that WR falling back thing so annoying as well!

I'm going to start over with (hopefully) tomorrows update, since I think the Mack to Bears trade is pretty significant.

I also have been working on sliders, had a great game with speed threshold on 0. Had my first long pass to my fastest WR after that adjustment.
Old 09-15-2018, 09:18 PM   #80
lcjjdnh
College Prospect

Bought this for PS4. Is there anyway to simplify franchise mode. I want to play games, draft, and sign FAs. Not deal with practices, etc. First time I’ve bought Madden in probably 10 years.
lcjjdnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 09:45 PM   #81
lcjjdnh
College Prospect

Also, how many minutes for sort of realistic stats?
Old 09-16-2018, 04:43 AM   #82
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcjjdnh View Post
Bought this for PS4. Is there anyway to simplify franchise mode. I want to play games, draft, and sign FAs. Not deal with practices, etc. First time I’ve bought Madden in probably 10 years.

When you create a new franchise, you first choose what role you want to be....Coach, Player, or GM. That helps dictate what your in control of. Then you can even go into league settings to determine what specific activities you want to control versus letting the CPU. A lot of options here like letting them control weekly training, contracts, scouting, etc....a bunch to choose from and you should be able to find a good balance for what you want to control.
SlyBelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 04:45 AM   #83
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcjjdnh View Post
Also, how many minutes for sort of realistic stats?

That totally depends on your play style and the game has many options for you to choose from. For example, I play on full 15 minutes but I use the accelerated clock with the 17 seconds setting. This gets me very reasonable stats and number of plays. But you can adjust that combo to whatever you want based on your style. For example, if you prefer less minutes, then reduce that but then also adjust your acceleration (or even turn off).

You should be able to find something that fits your style....
SlyBelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 06:39 AM   #84
lcjjdnh
College Prospect

Thanks, Sly!!!!!
Old 09-16-2018, 09:47 AM   #85
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

What Sly said.. I do everything except for training and weeks go by fairly fast after each game.

I use 15M/16S accel clock and average around 125-135 plays per game give or take 5 plays.
Old 09-19-2018, 08:07 AM   #86
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I started over again with some customer rosters I found on OS and beat Washington 29-17, the CPU actually ran for 104 yards against me with Chris Thompson.

I'm also going to use custom NCAA drafts, there are some good ones out there.

I created my own coach this time using the Cardinals and will change up my playbooks each week depending on who I'm playing.
Old 09-19-2018, 06:29 PM   #87
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Well, my cpu wouldn't play the PC version. Even though it is a quad core, it is an older processor and doesn't have something that the game requires. I was disappointed, but I just refunded and got the game for the Xbox one.

I haven't played a whole lot, but I have had some enjoyable games playing coach mode. I'm using sliders off of Operation Sports, and it seems to play pretty well. Rushing got much improved after I set ball carrier special moves to Auto. It seemed for some reason that made the special moves to actually fire less and only when it made sense. Before that, I would actually see ball-carriers fire off things like spin moves for no reason.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 06:24 PM   #88
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

We are 3-1 after crushing Seatlle 48-13, my biggest win yet. Chicago beat me last week 9-6, their defense is unreal.

I have my 2 top WR's out so I might have to sign someone from the practice squad this next week vs the 49ers.

Johnson had 166 yards rushing, also a personal best.
Old 09-24-2018, 07:18 PM   #89
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
I haven't played a whole lot, but I have had some enjoyable games playing coach mode. I'm using sliders off of Operation Sports, and it seems to play pretty well. Rushing got much improved after I set ball carrier special moves to Auto.

Not expecting seriously realistic stats but they are okay based on your settings?
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 11:33 PM   #90
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Not expecting seriously realistic stats but they are okay based on your settings?

Haven't played enough to really get a feel long term, but on a per game basis yes. Playing 15 minute quarters at normal speed with 13 sec. minimum play clock time.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 10:49 AM   #91
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

October title update/patch is out and I started over again with latest rosters, default AP with 15M/17S accel clock.

Beat Washington (using Arizona) 22-13. The CPU ran for 77 yards against me and it appears that issue has been fixed with all the juking and what not. I knocked out Alex Smith and Colt McCoy when it was 15-13 so the 3rd stringer had a difficult time against my defense. I had two nice TD passes, one for 72 yards to JJ Nelson and a 28 yard pass to Fitzgerald. I actually only threw 1 INT.
Old 10-02-2018, 10:13 PM   #92
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Wow... I'm so embarrassed. Playing the Rams and I'm down 16-9 with less than a minute left in the game and I throw an 84 yard TD pass to JJ Nelson, so it's now 16-15. There is an 11 MPH wind and I don't quite compensate enough and I FREAKING MISS THE EXTRA POINT and lose the game!!!

Talk about going from a high to a low.. unreal. I don't think I've ever lost a console football game like this before.
Old 10-29-2018, 05:06 PM   #93
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

My Cardinals.. not a bad season so far, 7-4 with Rosen at 5-1 since being named the starter.

We play Green Bay and it's a see-saw game, tie 21-21 in the 4th quarter and Peterson intercepts an errant Aaron Rogers pass and takes it 60 yards to the house for a pick-6, up 28-21 with about 3:30 left in the game. They get the ball back and my CB goes for the pick and Cobb takes it 70 yards for a Packer TD, tied game 28-28. We have a 4th and inches, should we go for it or try a 52 yard FG with a 9mph wind coming at us? We go for it and I watched that replay several times and even challenged but it's a turnover.

Rogers marches down the field with some pinpoint passing and we lose 31-28 on a last second FG. That was a crushing loss.. my FG kicker is like a 78 and I don't think he would have made a 52 yarder.. maybe I should have punted. *sigh*

Last edited by MizzouRah : 10-29-2018 at 05:07 PM.
Old 10-29-2018, 10:24 PM   #94
Groundhog
Coordinator

I think my most frustrating thing about kicking is the number of times my punter/kicker bobble the ball and get blocked when I'm slightly past the accuracy bar, but I'm yet to see the CPU do the same.

I really like the latest patch - even with the CPU, I find if I all-out-blitz on 1st down like I usually do (which is a big part of why the CPU run game sucked IMO - tackle them for a loss of 3 yards on 1st down and they probably aren't running again without picking up another 1st), the CPU seems to call pass more frequently and at least make it a gamble for me.

I'm in season 5 with my Browns, trying a different strategy which is just to build up my defense as good as possible and just keep my offense adequate. I traded away Mayfield in his contract year for a 1st rounder pick to draft a lesser QB who I will hopefully be able to keep for less $$$, otherwise I'm just picking up FAs and the odd draft pick on offense who fills a need, and spending most of my draft picks and big $$$ re-signings on defense. I'm an 88 rated defense now vs 80 offense, and it really feels like it on the field too. I often sputter in the red zone on offense, but I'm forcing 3-and-outs, fumbles, and picking off passes left and right and relying on my defense to give me enough opportunities to score without clocking up 400 yards on offense like I do most years in Madden until I get tired of throwing 4+ interceptions a game.

It's starting to get interesting now that my WRs and offensive line are aging. I've managed to pick up some pieces by trading away defensive reserves rated in the high 70s to teams that need them, but getting offensive linemen in particular is tough. Half the league have most of their offensive line in the low 70s though, so maybe not a big deal, although I have zero awareness in the pocket and tend to just watch my WRs and soak up sacks at a league-record rate...
Old 10-29-2018, 11:26 PM   #95
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Yeah kicking has been a mixed bag and I haven't blocked one yet, but at least it's not automatic like it used to be. I have Dawson and he's rated 78 so I miss a lot with him. No way am I going to resign him.

I'm going to part ways with Fitzgerald too, he can catch pretty much anything but he wants a decent two year deal and Nelson has emerged as my #1 and is 3rd in the league in catches.

OL are were it's at and like you said most teams have 70's and maybe one 80 or 90 OLman. I'm going to really focus on improving our OL because I've been sacked a ton and many times I can't even look at a 2nd WR option without picking myself off the ground.

I will say, with the latest patch I totally agree with you.. I've had the CPU run for 114 yards and Green Bay just ran for 75 against me. They still don't always take the straight line into space, but it's really improved and and at least competent now.

Best Madden game I've played since probably the Sega Genesis days..
Old 10-30-2018, 08:14 PM   #96
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Anyone getting CTD with the new update? Never had the issue before now two times in a row since the latest update.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 08:53 AM   #97
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

So next up is Detroit (9-3). They come to Arizona and I stick with Rosen. What a fantastic back and forth game. We manage to win with a FG as time expires, 27-24. Rosen threw for over 340 yards and 3 TD's. Cool thing about this game, no interceptions or turnovers for either team.

I guess that's my biggest takeaway from Madden this year, each game feels completely new and different from the previous game and keeps me wanting to play that next game.

We have a brutal schedule, up next we head to Atlanta then back home for the Rams and then to Seattle. We still have playoff hopes at (8-5).
Old 11-01-2018, 08:31 PM   #98
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

My Cardinals were 8-5 heading into Atlanta (what a brutal schedule I've had). We played great but couldn't pull out a W as we lose 26-16 (they scored an INT pick 6 at the end of the game).

We are now 8-6 and still on the outside of a playoff spot as we head back home to play the LA Rams who are 10-4. I think we have had a great season though, especially with all the freaking injuries. Rosen is the future and I look forward to improving this OL.
Old 11-04-2018, 11:14 AM   #99
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

What a game Week 15 vs the LA Rams. My Cardinals came in at 8-6, Rams were 10-4 and it was the battle I expected.

First half we held the Rams to a 3 and out and then marched down the field and scored a TD on a pass from Rosen to Fitzgerald. Our defense was stellar, focusing on Gurley and the Rams running game. At half we led 17-3. Second half was all Rams except they had all FG's and we managed to lead 20-12 with little time left. Goff would find TE Tyler Higbee for a 72 yard TD and Gurley would rush for the 2-pt conversion to tie the game 20-20. We go into OT and stop the Rams who were at one point in FG range, but a sack would make them punt.

Rosen would march us down the field and then hit the #5 WR in the league, JJ Neslon, for a 42 yard TD. Right before I was sacked I saw Nelson come open and just lofted the ball in the air and he ran to it and nobody would catch him, WINNER 26-20 and we stay alive in the Wildcard hunt. Even if we win in Seattle next week we need some teams to lose to even have a change at a playoff game, but it's been a fun ride in my first season!
Old 11-07-2018, 09:37 AM   #100
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Had maybe the greatest game ever in Madden last night. My Cardinals 9-6 needed a win in Seattle who were 8-5-1, plus we needed either Chicago to lose or LA Rams or even a Detroit loss would put us in the playoffs. An LA loss would give us the division... but we had to take care of business.

It was back and forth all game and for the first time in 19 games (including preseason) I returned a kickoff 98 yards for a TD with Christian Kirk, not only that but I do it a second time with Kirk, this time a 94 yard kickoff return for a TD. Those two TD's would prove to be HUGE as Seattle would get an 84 yard TD pass to TE Ed Dickson and then a 72 yard TD run by Mike Davis. Rosen also hits JJ Nelson for a 58 yard TD pass.

We win 44-37 and not only does Chicago lose, but the Rams also lose and we win the NFC West! We now host the LA Rams in a Wildcard game.