Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion > Developer's Corner
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-15-2015, 03:45 PM   #1
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Specific Interface Question 1: Player Stats

I'm going to further break down my interface thoughts.

In general, my theory is that the game is a workplace, and you should be able to set it up to fit your screen. Open the game, move windows where you like them - if you have screen space then you should have the opportunity for several windows.

Player Cards are difficult. The "old" idea was to present them like you present a football card. One "side" is mostly career stats, the other "side" is player information and links to actions.

One idea that's been presented is to use the card to show only the most recent season of stats, and only the stat set most relevant to that player's position. You would then click on a button or that stat field to show the full statistics card.

That way, the player card can be completely reorganized to feature ratings, player information, etc. The down-side is that you'd be one more click from the player stats, one more click from the award list, one more click from the transaction list.

Does this seem like a good idea? Which lists should be as they are now - fully iterated on the main player card? Which lists should be one click away? Is scrolling acceptable for all lists or just some lists?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 06:15 AM   #2
AlexB
Pro Starter

I like the new idea of having ratings and current season stats on the front page, and clicking through to get full details.

Although you can argue that you are one more click away from certain screens, with more info on the front of the card by definition you must also be one less click away from certain info, and you have to click through to get stats anyway atm, so that sounds like it would remain unchanged.

With a player front card being a player home page it should also allow more cope for creating a softer, more appealing look to modernise the GUI and hopefully attract more new players.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 05:45 PM   #3
scorp
Mascot

I like the idea, it would be nice if all the info available during draft time combine was was available for the player later on. Like Sol. You join a league a see players for trade namely QB's but are missing some important info on figuring them out.
Had you been in th eleague when the player was drafted you'd likely know that.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:32 PM   #4
corbes
College Benchwarmer

I'd go for, perhaps, the past three years worth of the basic stats on the front of the player card, and then the rest of the stats being a click or two away wouldn't bother me much. More or less, the most important 4 to 6 stats would suffice on the front of the card...

Award list and transaction list are secondary information to me. Perhaps there could be some flag on the front of the player card that indicates whether a player has a notable injury history, but, other than that flag, the actual injury list is secondary as well...
corbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 08:34 PM   #5
corbes
College Benchwarmer

Dola, scrolling for stats is a pet peeve of mind. I'd encourage the player card not to have scrolling. For information that needs to be scrolled, I don't mind that being a click away.
corbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 01:35 PM   #6
garion333
High School Varsity

Yeah, I'm a fan of how OOTP handles stats. You're never going to have all the stats on one screen, so clicking through is going to happen regardless.

But to have some basic box score-esque* stats on the same page as ratings? Yes, please!

Unless, of course, you'd like to go on record and say that bars > stats and you can ignore stats completely.

*Catches, yards, TDs; etc.
garion333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 09:39 PM   #7
AgustusM
College Prospect

I think the OOTP\FM model for player cards is the best and I would vote to emulate that

but then again I think the GUI of those games is far and the away the best I have seen in all games and I think emulating that whole model would be best
AgustusM is offline   Reply With Quote