Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-14-2015, 04:10 PM   #551
The Jackal
Coordinator

It's mildly interesting that there was nothing going on with Autumn after Raven threw a second vote on. I know it was questioned at that point as spreading the vote too much, but still interesting.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 04:10 PM   #552
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Especially if there's a cunning wolf in the game.

No doubt, but wouldn't cunning be explained as part of team rocket? Or no?
Old 04-14-2015, 04:12 PM   #553
Grover
Pro Starter

I'm leaving my vote on timmae for better or worse. (sorry timmae!)

I'll try and get on before the deadline, but my bowling may not allow that.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 04:12 PM   #554
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmae View Post
No doubt, but wouldn't cunning be explained as part of team rocket? Or no?

Maybe - I guess this was intended on being a vanilla game, so there might not be many roles.
Old 04-14-2015, 04:13 PM   #555
Raven
College Prospect

Quote:
It's mildly interesting that there was nothing going on with Autumn after Raven threw a second vote on. I know it was questioned at that point as spreading the vote too much, but still interesting.

Are you referring to yesterday?
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 04:13 PM   #556
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
Are you referring to yesterday?

Yes
Old 04-14-2015, 04:14 PM   #557
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
I'm leaving my vote on timmae for better or worse. (sorry timmae!)

I'll try and get on before the deadline, but my bowling may not allow that.

No worries... I have you, autumn and grover down as possible teammates right now anyways.
Old 04-14-2015, 04:14 PM   #558
The Jackal
Coordinator

Just trying to see if I can identify any points in the vote yesterday when it seemed like reactive moves were being made, or trends away from specific people.
Old 04-14-2015, 04:14 PM   #559
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
No worries... I have you, autumn and grover down as possible teammates right now anyways.

TWO GROVERS?!
Old 04-14-2015, 04:15 PM   #560
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
Moving on, we are not lynching Shoveler toDay, because he is likely town if EF is scum.

So you are saying if EF is town then Shoveler is probably scum? (see, I can be hip to new lingo)
Old 04-14-2015, 04:15 PM   #561
The Jackal
Coordinator

For those that are assuming EF good, seems like we'd want to look at people who didn't move their vote much or at all
Old 04-14-2015, 04:16 PM   #562
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
So you are saying if EF is town then Shoveler is probably scum? (see, I can be hip to new lingo)
He seems to be the scummiest on the EF wagon, yeah.

You still haven't explained how the EF situation be resolved if we don't lynch him?
Old 04-14-2015, 04:16 PM   #563
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post

Actually I see you said something very much like that last page.

UNVOTE TIMMAE
VOTE SHOVELER
Old 04-14-2015, 04:16 PM   #564
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:

When did I multiply!

Is the other me evil, or just wicked in nature?

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 04:20 PM   #565
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
TWO GROVERS?!

LOL, he's twice as bad. Double kill werewolf, that'd be something.

I meant raven. You guys are the three stooges for now.
Old 04-14-2015, 04:22 PM   #566
Raven
College Prospect

Quote:
Yes

I parked my initial d1 vote on Autumn 7 or 8 hours before deadline. Not sure why my vote looks significant to you there, but you're welcome to go back and repost voting logs. I pointed out the error with Narc's voting log, but no one has took on the task of trying to fix it and repost. (2 pages back or so)
Old 04-14-2015, 04:26 PM   #567
Zinto
College Starter

As of Post 566

Shoveler 3-EagleFan(360), Narcizo(510), Path(563)
EagleFan 2-Fontisian(355), Jag(356)
Timmae 2- Raven(521), Grover(530)
Autumn 2-Timmae(542), The Jackal(546)
Vaimes 1-Autumn(501)

Nightfall 1-EagleFan(360)
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 04:41 PM   #568
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quick post. I have not been well today (the past few days to be honest) and knew that I wasn't going to be very active today at all. Didn't want to say that yesterday as I thought I was going to pretty much be out all day (sent Z and apology for that as I don't like the idea of missing a lot of time in these games, if it can be avoided). Luckily I am vanilla and meaningless as far as the village goes.

As for my move last night. I was not going to do it but then cheek made the move so I took a shot. Figured the chances are that I was still going to end up being lynched. My guess at that point was that the other two were either vanilla or at least one wolf.

Lynching me ends this font BS and lets everyone move on, hence the nightfall. Additionally, the only person I am getting a wolf read on is Shoveler so I have no second thought about leaving my vote there.

If I was a wolf, I tie it up and we take out either JAG or Narc. No way I would want to clear up day one for the village, let the village waste time trying to figure out what it all meant.

I will gladly fall on my sword but think that Shoveler is the way to go today.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 04:43 PM   #569
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

YES I was goading font into nightfall. A villager that is SO CERTAIN would have no problem voting nightfall, a wolf on the other hand wouldn't want their vote to be locked.
Old 04-14-2015, 04:45 PM   #570
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Okay, last post for a little while. What I would like to see, in order of preference:

Shoveler lynch
Burn the witch
Let me fall on my sword
Old 04-14-2015, 04:47 PM   #571
fontisian
College Prospect

Ok.

Unvote
Vote Shoveler.
Old 04-14-2015, 04:48 PM   #572
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
YES I was goading font into nightfall. A villager that is SO CERTAIN would have no problem voting nightfall, a wolf on the other hand wouldn't want their vote to be locked.
Pretty sure nightfall votes are locked, not lynch votes.
Old 04-14-2015, 04:51 PM   #573
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Okay, last post for a little while. What I would like to see, in order of preference:

Shoveler lynch
Burn the witch
Let me fall on my sword

Wait, we have witches in this roleset also?!

Get better EF... we'll see you back here soon. Unless you get lynched or NK'd. Then see ya next game!
Old 04-14-2015, 04:54 PM   #574
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
I parked my initial d1 vote on Autumn 7 or 8 hours before deadline. Not sure why my vote looks significant to you there, but you're welcome to go back and repost voting logs. I pointed out the error with Narc's voting log, but no one has took on the task of trying to fix it and repost. (2 pages back or so)

To be clear, I was mentioning that as looking at Autumn, not you. I know it was early, and probably grasping at straws.
Old 04-14-2015, 04:58 PM   #575
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
My question, then, is why unvote? Why make the tie a surprise end of day thing? Surely, the actual towny thing to do is to vote the other person up for a lynch and then try to convince people to vote with you. Or, if you're too frustrated to convince people, at least be upfront and honest about the vote totals. The way I see, EF tried to slip in a tie and only unvoted in the hope that it would help confuse the town. That is not a town action.

I felt it was pretty clear he was frustrated when he unvoted. You're trying to bring rationality to the decisions of a frustrated and emotional individual. I think it is a mistake to presume EF was thinking too clearly at that point.

Quote:
I listened to your complaints about Vaimes, and found that the only one making poor decisions in the long run was you. I've now listened to your complaints about me and again have found them to be worthless and harmful.

I am not the one making a player so frustrated he votes nightfall at the start of the day. I am not introducing confusion into the village with a false claim. I am not ignoring all other perspectives just to satisfy my conviction--based on a whim or a hunch at the start of Day One.

If I am making harmful decisions, I shudder to think what level of harm you are doing.

Quote:
Similarly, your idea that someone should be lynched for bad play in a previous game is horrific and unfair to the person.

Have you never played on Day One before? It's a meta vote to start the game, where everyone but you (apparently) has no information. I (and many others here) often make pointless, meta votes to get a vote going, and then as the day progresses and we start to consolidate, then I flip to a more proper candidate based on the discussion in play and my gut feel (because once again, I don't have information on Day One).

I believe you know this and are using an argumentative technique to attempt to make me look bad. I give this group of players far more credit than you, though, and believe they will see through it.

Quote:
Do you have any further points to make?

Not that you will accept, clearly.

Quote:
Ok. Why do you believe it is real?

Because I have played WW with EagleFan for several years now. And I have seen any number of emotional outbursts and breakdowns in similar situations with others. His reactions are not unfamiliar to me.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 05:00 PM   #576
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
To follow-up on that thought - brit could have been a target by the wolves as someone they thought the seer might scan N1, being in the vote and a usually strong contributor as a villager

While this seems improbable to me, I like the thinking here, in that it is a different possibility I had not considered.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 04-14-2015, 05:07 PM   #577
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Pretty sure nightfall votes are locked, not lynch votes.

Zinto may have his own rules for this one, but Nightfall votes also lock down the lynch vote of that player at the time he makes the Nightfall vote.

Old 04-14-2015, 05:09 PM   #578
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

FTR, I did not see EF come back and expound on his actions last night before responding to font's post above.

I don't see anything in there to change my perspective on things (but I felt it looks weird that my post addresses EF without acknowledging that last post).

Old 04-14-2015, 05:16 PM   #579
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Well apparently everyone still has that picture of Dog the bounty hunter in their minds from EF's game. Yeah that guy is scummy, I agree completely.

However, back to this game.

I guess I look bad because I moved my vote off of cheeki when he had a 6 to 4 lead over brit. My understanding was a close race to the finish would reveal more information, guess I was mistaken. Hell I'm starting to draw fire and I didn't tie the damn vote up at the end. Still dont have a clue about the piggyback vote comment. Are you trying to say I am in league with Autumn since he removed a vote off of cheeki minutes before I did?

This will most likely not ease your mind, but here goes.

Vote: Autumn
Shoveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 05:45 PM   #580
Zinto
College Starter

As of Post 579

Shoveler 4-EagleFan(360), Narcizo(510), Path(563), Fontisian(571)
Autumn 3-Timmae(542), The Jackal(546), Shoveler(579)
Timmae 2- Raven(521), Grover(530)
EagleFan 1- Jag(356)

Vaimes 1-Autumn(501)

Old 04-14-2015, 05:47 PM   #581
Zinto
College Starter

Since there were a couple of questions I will address them:

EF cannot change his vote. He locked himself in once he voted nightfall(I probably didn't make this clear enough)

All of the roles are laid out in the rules. Nothing is hidden so there are no wolf roles.
Old 04-14-2015, 06:01 PM   #582
The Jackal
Coordinator

Good to know, Zinto
Old 04-14-2015, 06:03 PM   #583
Raven
College Prospect

I said I was willing to change my vote to Vaimes or Shoveler if a good argument was presented.

Instead, path (who claimed to have a tell on timmae) moves off of timmae and on to Shoveler with no explanation, when timmae starts getting some traction. This is very curious, and they are split among the two top vote getters.

font wants to lynch EF, but then decides to vote with EF? It's clear EF and Shoveler are not aligned. But if she is convinced EF is wolf, why move off of him?

Vaimes has been gone all day, after a taking a lot of attention yesterday. He also pretty much held onto font's coattails yesterday.

So let's see where this takes us...

unvote timmae
vote Vaimes
Old 04-14-2015, 06:07 PM   #584
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, lucky me. I was busy until now with kids, and still watching them. I just caught up (except for some of the CR/Font posts which I have started to skim past). My vote is on Vaimes becuase looking back through posts this noon I didn't like his more than most, and noticed he hadn't posted at all today. Looks like he still hasn't (?) so I will move my vote (obviously I need to anyway) but I am suspicious there and will return to him until I start seeing something better from him.

Basically he, Shoveler and Raven are my bad reads right now. Seemed like the other two were getting some heat so I focused on vaimes with my vote this morning, but I would vote either of those two. I suspect any of them would possibly target Britrock based on previous games, and their posts and votes haven't convinced me other wise. I'll check the vote count and see where to go.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 06:07 PM   #585
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I want to see more action from Autumn, who can be one of the more dangerous wolves around.

I don't believe Autumn is more suspicious than Shoveler at the moment, but it is more dangerous to not push him.

Plus, as I type this post, he is one vote behind Shoveler, and a close vote always gives us more information.

VOTE AUTUMN

Old 04-14-2015, 06:07 PM   #586
Vaimes
Mascot

Hi.

Tuesdays are kinda busy for me, I won't be free until 9-ish.
Vaimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 06:08 PM   #587
Autumn
Head Coach

Funny crosspost. Glad for company on Vaimes, but unless he shows up I'm not going to lynch an absent dude. So I'll move to Shoveler and get myself out of some hot water.

unvote vaimes
vote shoveler
Old 04-14-2015, 06:08 PM   #588
Autumn
Head Coach

lots nad lots of crossposting, lol
Old 04-14-2015, 06:08 PM   #589
Autumn
Head Coach

gotta get my kid, brb
Old 04-14-2015, 06:08 PM   #590
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Well, lucky me. I was busy until now with kids, and still watching them. I just caught up (except for some of the CR/Font posts which I have started to skim past). My vote is on Vaimes becuase looking back through posts this noon I didn't like his more than most, and noticed he hadn't posted at all today. Looks like he still hasn't (?) so I will move my vote (obviously I need to anyway) but I am suspicious there and will return to him until I start seeing something better from him.

Basically he, Shoveler and Raven are my bad reads right now. Seemed like the other two were getting some heat so I focused on vaimes with my vote this morning, but I would vote either of those two. I suspect any of them would possibly target Britrock based on previous games, and their posts and votes haven't convinced me other wise. I'll check the vote count and see where to go.

lol... great timing.

Old 04-14-2015, 06:10 PM   #591
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I like that Autumn is here, but to my thinking, I would still like to keep the pressure on him and see what comes up between he and Shoveler (and timmae, if that's how it goes).

I am working tonight, so I am likely to not be available until after the deadline.

Old 04-14-2015, 06:20 PM   #592
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Instead, path (who claimed to have a tell on timmae) moves off of timmae and on to Shoveler with no explanation, when timmae starts getting some traction. This is very curious, and they are split among the two top vote getters.

Just for the record, I think there is a possible tell there, I can't say for sure one way or the other but it's enough that timmae is not on my trust list right now.

But I'm not totally comfortable with lynching timmae just on a hunch when there are a number of folks (myself included) who are also suspicious of Shoveler and I think that case is a little more solid.
Old 04-14-2015, 06:22 PM   #593
path12
Coordinator

BTW, leaving soon and have to get a couple things done after work. I'll be back by 6:30 Pacific or so and will try to keep track via phone.
Old 04-14-2015, 06:42 PM   #594
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I like that Autumn is here, but to my thinking, I would still like to keep the pressure on him and see what comes up between he and Shoveler (and timmae, if that's how it goes).

I am working tonight, so I am likely to not be available until after the deadline.

I must say I find it a bit out of character for Chief to leave a not so serious vote on me when he's going out and I'm close to the lead.
Old 04-14-2015, 06:46 PM   #595
Autumn
Head Coach

Looking back at Timmae, I feel pretty good about him. I'd rather those voters decide between me and Shoveler if they feel the need.
Old 04-14-2015, 07:15 PM   #596
Zinto
College Starter

As of Post 595

Shoveler 5-EagleFan(360), Narcizo(510), Path(563), Fontisian(571), Autumn(587)
Autumn 4-Timmae(542), The Jackal(546), Shoveler(579), Chief Rum(585)
Timmae 1- Grover(530)
EagleFan 1- Jag(356)

Vaimes 1- Raven (583)

Old 04-14-2015, 07:28 PM   #597
Raven
College Prospect

I still don't see a case being made for any of the candidates, so screw it. Since I may not be back before deadline, let's tie it up and see what happens.

unvote Vaimes
vote Autumn
Old 04-14-2015, 07:42 PM   #598
The Jackal
Coordinator

Hmm this run on Autumn is also interesting
Old 04-14-2015, 07:43 PM   #599
The Jackal
Coordinator

My router just went out so gonna have to keep up on my phone
Old 04-14-2015, 07:56 PM   #600
Vaimes
Mascot

Hm. More of my townreads are on Shoveler.

Uh. Are we trying to keep it tied, or. Because otherwise I'm voting Shoveler.
Vaimes is offline   Reply With Quote