Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-30-2017, 09:48 PM   #301
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
MBBF isn't going to be back, but he posted this cool update from the winery:

Well, it's been three months since the Inn at Belvoir Winery opened! After tonight, we've now had three guests check out before midnight because they decided that they could not stay in the inn any longer. All of them thanked us for being gracious hosts before leaving and said that customer service was fantastic.

A few days ago, guests in room #9 came out to breakfast and mentioned to staff that they saw two identical girls in their room in the middle of the night. Later in the morning, the guests in Room #5 (did not know and hadn't talked to guests in room #9) came out of their room for breakfast. After insisting that they didn't believe in the paranormal, they admitted that they saw two identical girls in their room. After being informed that another group had seen something similar, the two groups got together and realized that they had seen the same apparitions.

Thanks for posting, PilotMan. Appreciate that you're still following.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 10:01 PM   #302
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Thanks for posting, PilotMan. Appreciate that you're still following.

Politics aside, I'd love to get out to see you there sometime.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 12:55 AM   #303
Edward64
Head Coach

Spooky.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 12:58 PM   #304
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Got another TV show from the Travel Channel that's been filming all week at the winery. This one has been really fun since they've filmed at the local county historical museum and at the county archives, so some of the community has been brought into the episode.

They did an investigation Monday night and then they brought in additional TV personalities for last night's investigation. They started filming around 9:00 PM and took a break at midnight. The producer started talking with everyone and said, "I don't know what we're going to do. We're three hours into a three day investigation and we already have enough evidence for a one hour episode."

Welcome to my world.

They'll be investigating tonight and then do the full reveal tomorrow. If you're around KC, they're doing an experiement on Thursday at 1:00 PM that the public is invited to. Details are on our FB page.

In regards to PilotMan's previous post, we've now had ten guests in inn rooms leave in the middle of the night.
Old 09-19-2018, 06:13 PM   #305
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

What show and when is it going to be on?

I need to book a room there.

Honestly, the family and I are planning to come to a PI probably 11/16, I'll shoot you a PM.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 09-19-2018 at 06:41 PM.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 12:27 PM   #306
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
What show and when is it going to be on?

I need to book a room there.

Honestly, the family and I are planning to come to a PI probably 11/16, I'll shoot you a PM.

I'll be able to let out full information sometime next month. I'm currently under a non-disclosure agreement and revealing information early could result in the episode being pulled, so I'm going to wait 15-30 days until they give me the OK.

Would love to have you out in November!
Old 09-28-2018, 12:51 PM   #307
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Cool. I'm Catholic, so this "beyond the mortal realm" shit does still sort of scare me. My forebrain doesn't believe in ghosts. But my hindbrain sure does :-)
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 12:54 PM   #308
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'll be able to let out full information sometime next month. I'm currently under a non-disclosure agreement and revealing information early could result in the episode being pulled, so I'm going to wait 15-30 days until they give me the OK.

Would love to have you out in November!

Thanks!!!
Old 09-28-2018, 01:27 PM   #309
GoldenCrest Games
High School Varsity

Thumbs up

Quote:
Got another TV show from the Travel Channel that's been filming all week at the winery. This one has been really fun since they've filmed at the local county historical museum and at the county archives, so some of the community has been brought into the episode.

They did an investigation Monday night and then they brought in additional TV personalities for last night's investigation. They started filming around 9:00 PM and took a break at midnight. The producer started talking with everyone and said, "I don't know what we're going to do. We're three hours into a three day investigation and we already have enough evidence for a one hour episode."

Welcome to my world.

They'll be investigating tonight and then do the full reveal tomorrow. If you're around KC, they're doing an experiement on Thursday at 1:00 PM that the public is invited to. Details are on our FB page.

In regards to PilotMan's previous post, we've now had ten guests in inn rooms leave in the middle of the night.

Mrs GoldenCrest is really into this kind of thing. I'm almost 100% sure we'll be heading out there soon after she sees this.

See you soon!

Old 11-16-2018, 07:51 PM   #310
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

MizzouRah is out at the winery right now getting ready to start a five hour paranormal investigation. I think it's the first time he's ever done one. Should be interesting to see how it goes.
Old 11-16-2018, 08:13 PM   #311
PilotMan
Head Coach

Sweet! Hope he fills us in on his experience.

Like Steam?

Old 11-17-2018, 10:23 AM   #312
GoldenCrest Games
High School Varsity

We went down last weekend and had a great time!

I can't say for sure if we ran into any ghosts, but we were exploring the cemetery on the hill and ran into a strange couple drinking wine. We chatted for a while, and then left. Later, as we were looking at some of the artifacts in the hotel, they appeared again and chatted for a bit.

We chalked it up to an older couple who were just friendly, and just rolled with it. Then, Mrs GoldenCrest wanted to go into town for dinner. Ee stopped at local brewhouse in town, and weirdly we saw them over in the corner as they waved to us. We waved, but then just had our dinner.

The freaky part is that nobody else could confirm that the couple was actually at the hotel.....

just sayin.
Old 11-17-2018, 04:06 PM   #313
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

We just got home! Really appreciate all you did for us Jesse (MBBF)!!

Very cool place, there was 9 of us and we had a blast investigating all the different locations! My daughter's friend has some video of orbs floating around and a dark figure in a corner. It was also neat talking to the spirits and seeing the various ghost hunting gadgets going off.

Everyone there was friendly, the rooms were fantastic, beds very comfortable and breakfast was a plus!

Finally got to meet MBBF face to face. We didn't get into any heated Sony vs MS discussions.

We will DEFINITELY be back!!!
Old 11-18-2018, 10:42 PM   #314
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Glad that both of you had a great time! Always fun to introduce people to our unique place!
Old 12-23-2018, 08:59 AM   #315
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Got a promo video of the upcoming Kindred Spirits season. There's two clips in the promo that are filmed at the winery. When Amy says, "I just saw something crawl across the ceiling" and where she says, "I think it said 'get out'", both of those clips are from the winery episode. Looks like we're going to be airing either January 24th or 31st at 10:00 PM EST.

https://www.facebook.com/AmyBruni/vi...617555891/?t=0
Old 12-23-2018, 09:06 AM   #316
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Got a promo video of the upcoming Kindred Spirits season. There's two clips in the promo that are filmed at the winery. When Amy says, "I just saw something crawl across the ceiling" and where she says, "I think it said 'get out'", both of those clips are from the winery episode. Looks like we're going to be airing either January 24th or 31st at 10:00 PM EST.

https://www.facebook.com/AmyBruni/vi...617555891/?t=0

Awesome, can't wait!
Old 12-23-2018, 04:19 PM   #317
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Just got word. Our episode is the season premiere of Kindred Spirits. For those of you in the area, we'll be having a watch party at Screenland Armour. We'll have a small fee for tickets with all of the money going to a local charity of Screenland's choosing........

Quote:
January 24th, 10:00 EST
Season 3, Episode 1: No Salvation

Amy Bruni and Adam Berry are called to Liberty, MO, to investigate the Odd Fellows Home, a massive compound that once cared for orphans and the elderly. More than 10,000 people died on the property. Now their pain has fostered a malevolent entity.
Old 01-09-2019, 11:28 AM   #318
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Watch party information for show if anyone is nearby and wants to join us.

https://www.facebook.com/events/340009709926349/
Old 01-22-2019, 09:16 PM   #319
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Teaser for the upcoming TV episode on Thursday night! Amazing production value on this show!

Old 06-11-2019, 11:27 AM   #320
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

More shows on the way. We have a film crew from the Travel Channel coming out in July and another crew coming out in August from a show that airs on Amazon Prime. Should see lots of us on TV this fall.
Old 10-14-2019, 08:04 PM   #321
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

For those that are interested, we will be on 'Most Terrifying Places in America' tomorrow night (10-15-2019) at 10:00 PM EDT on the Travel Channel. Probably best to record it as we're one of a few different locations, so you can just fast forward to our segment and watch it relatively quickly.

We just filmed for a History Channel show as well. It's not paranormal related and it's one of their biggest shows. No word on when it will air.
Old 10-14-2019, 08:07 PM   #322
tarcone
Coordinator

Im interested in a weekend away with my wife. Could you PM me any details I need to stay at your place?

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 07:49 AM   #323
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
For those that are interested, we will be on 'Most Terrifying Places in America' tomorrow night (10-15-2019) at 10:00 PM EDT on the Travel Channel. Probably best to record it as we're one of a few different locations, so you can just fast forward to our segment and watch it relatively quickly.

We just filmed for a History Channel show as well. It's not paranormal related and it's one of their biggest shows. No word on when it will air.

Do you consider your winery to be "terrifying"?
Old 10-15-2019, 08:10 AM   #324
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:

OMG, Ancient Aliens built your winery?
Old 10-15-2019, 08:37 AM   #325
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Wine and beer have been around since the dawn of civilization. How did man first discover how to brew these beverages? Some scholars believe it was trial and error. However, ancient astronaut theorists believe these beverages were beyond the power of mankind at the time.

"Every ancient civilization had a god of wine. Since the gods came from the stars, it makes sense that wine and beer making knowledge came from the stars as well."
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 03:50 PM   #326
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Do you consider your winery to be "terrifying"?

Mostly not, but it depends on how much you drink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
OMG, Ancient Aliens built your winery?

There's a picture posted on a FB page called Antique Archaeology that might point you in the right direction.

https://www.facebook.com/AntiqueArch...type=3&theater

We also are in the Washington Post today!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/trave...-ghost-hunter/
Old 10-24-2019, 08:44 AM   #327
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
“There are so many, how much time do we have? I’d have to say my favorite place to investigate in the US is the Belvoir Winery and Inn, (the Odd Fellows Compound), in Liberty, Missouri. The reason being, you have a complex of very haunted rundown buildings consisting of an old hospital, a morgue, a nursing home, a cemetery, and an orphanage. BUT the Orphanage has been completely renovated and turned into an event space, winery and beautiful inn. So you can spend your night investigating in some of the most terrifying buildings imaginable, then walk on over and snuggle into your big fluffy bed with a great glass of wine. The place was basically made for me.” – Amy Bruni

Your Favorite Paranormal Investigators Share Their Ghostober "Best" Lists - horrorfuel.com
Old 02-05-2020, 03:36 PM   #328
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Sorry, but I forgot to get out to the forum to update you guys on another TV appearance. We were just on American Pickers a couple weeks ago. The show will be reaired this Sunday at 7:00 PM EST on the History Channel. It's Season 21, Episode 14 and is titled 'Midwest Mayhem'.

It was my wife's first TV appearance and it covers her family's history at the winery property. Danielle and Robbie did our pick.
Old 09-02-2020, 01:04 PM   #329
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Some new show information for those that might be interested. We'll actually be on two episodes of 'Haunt ME', which streams on YouTube. First episode of ours will be released on September 22nd and October 6th.

Also, tomorrow I'm heading out to St. Louis to film interviews for a Travel Channel show. Can't tell you the show, but the host might be the guy who played Ray on Ghostbusters.
Old 09-02-2020, 01:25 PM   #330
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Enjoy!
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 05:50 PM   #331
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Going live tonight at 8:00 PM EDT if anyone is interested. Part 1 premieres tonight with the second part premiering on October 6th at 8:00 PM EDT.

Belvoir Winery (Part 1) - Haunt ME - S7:E2 - YouTube

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 09-23-2020 at 08:57 AM.
Old 09-22-2020, 06:48 PM   #332
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Can I just say how jealous I am of what you do. A buddy of mine and I talked about doing something sling the same lines (wedding venue type thing) years ago, and I kick myself regularly for not going through with it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 08:40 AM   #333
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Can I just say how jealous I am of what you do. A buddy of mine and I talked about doing something sling the same lines (wedding venue type thing) years ago, and I kick myself regularly for not going through with it.

It's fun 95% of the time, but the 5% is something you never want to deal with. Dealing with an angry bride or angry parents of the bride is the worst, even when you know you've done nothing wrong. People do not mince words when your the owner of a service industry business and they're irritated because things don't go their way. You have to be like an umpire and just let it bounce off you and move on to the next one.

Good news is that we've been very fortunate during this year when so many are losing their business. Business is actually up because we are outside of the core of the city, so we don't have as many restrictions as event spaces in the more populated areas. So we've been getting extra weddings that could not be hosted in those areas. Also, we have 170 acres on site, so it allows us to have a lot of customers out on the weekends when we're busy because people feel comfortable spacing out.

We're obviously very thankful for our blessings, but it's not always peaches and cream.
Old 09-23-2020, 08:57 AM   #334
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

For those that watched the Haunt ME episode, here's a post-episode live stream my wife and I did with the crew. Also has a teaser trailer for the next episode in two weeks.

Belvoir Winery Part 1 - Episode Chat - YouTube
Old 09-23-2020, 05:02 PM   #335
GrantDawg

Quote:
It's fun 95% of the time, but the 5% is something you never want to deal with. Dealing with an angry bride or angry parents of the bride is the worst, even when you know you've done nothing wrong. People do not mince words when your the owner of a service industry business and they're irritated because things don't go their way. You have to be like an umpire and just let it bounce off you and move on to the next one.

Good news is that we've been very fortunate during this year when so many are losing their business. Business is actually up because we are outside of the core of the city, so we don't have as many restrictions as event spaces in the more populated areas. So we've been getting extra weddings that could not be hosted in those areas. Also, we have 170 acres on site, so it allows us to have a lot of customers out on the weekends when we're busy because people feel comfortable spacing out.

We're obviously very thankful for our blessings, but it's not always peaches and cream.
Sure. I work in a service industry myself, not to mention I used to perform weddings quite regularly, so I am well aware. There is nothing better, though, when you have good bride and groom and it all goes off well.
Old 09-23-2020, 06:32 PM   #336
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:

I think you're killing it. I fully expect to bring the wife out to visit sometime.

Like Steam?

Old 09-24-2020, 10:28 AM   #337
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Sure. I work in a service industry myself, not to mention I used to perform weddings quite regularly, so I am well aware. There is nothing better, though, when you have good bride and groom and it all goes off well.

Agreed. Love the vast majority of the brides/grooms that know what's important and make it a great experience for everyone involved.
Old 09-24-2020, 10:37 AM   #338
Edward64
Head Coach

Glad your business is doing well. Went to the website, your inn is bigger than I thought.
Old 09-24-2020, 03:51 PM   #339
tarcone
Coordinator

Yes, post a link. Kids are gone and Im looking to do a weekend away with the wife. KC is 4 hours away and a perfect location. Just have to omit the haunted part.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 03:57 PM   #340
Edward64
Head Coach

This is where I went to:

400 Bad Request

Last edited by Edward64 : 09-24-2020 at 03:57 PM.
Old 09-25-2020, 01:33 PM   #341
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Yes, post a link. Kids are gone and Im looking to do a weekend away with the wife. KC is 4 hours away and a perfect location. Just have to omit the haunted part.

Weekends might be kind of hard for awhile. Wedding season lasts through Thanksgiving and so they've eaten up the room supply on the weekends through that timeframe.
Old 10-07-2020, 11:34 AM   #342
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

In case you missed the second part last night, here's the link. They really caught some amazing stuff and it's a bit surprising their reaction to what happens.

Belvoir Winery (Part 2) - Haunt ME - S7:E3 - YouTube
Old 10-09-2020, 09:52 AM   #343
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
I think you're killing it. I fully expect to bring the wife out to visit sometime.
They are absolutely killing it. It's been a lot of fun to see the success of the winery and all the events they are having. It's a beautiful place, and amazing what they've done with it over the years. Keep up the good work!

I also need to know the next time the Twisted Taters food truck is there and it's NOT ladies night.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 09:18 PM   #344
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Just booked another show for filming in March 2021. Should come out on the Travel Channel in Fall 2021.

Also should get a release date on another show soon that's already filmed. Once that happens in a few weeks, I can talk about that one as well.
Old 06-17-2021, 01:35 PM   #345
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

After a rough 2020 that we survived, our business is doing well. Logged our highest monthly revenue in May 2021 in our history (10 1/2 years). A normal year of weddings is usually around 40. We're doing 53 weddings in seven months this year. A normal May event total is around 25 events. We ended up with 44 events in May this year.

Crazy busy, but it's a welcome change.
Old 04-13-2023, 05:01 PM   #346
PilotMan
Head Coach

I made it! I'm gonna miss MBBF though, but I'm here!

Like Steam?

Old 04-13-2023, 08:28 PM   #347
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

See any ghosts?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2023, 08:56 PM   #348
PilotMan
Head Coach

I did not, neither did the misses, but she could feel the echos there. From the people who lived there before.

Like Steam?

Old 03-27-2024, 04:24 PM   #349
Limelicker
n00b

So this is Mizzou B-ball Fan. My old login was on a defunct e-mail, so I can't recover the password. I'll just use this login instead!

Was fun having PilotMan at the winery, even if I did miss him. Business is good and we're still going entering our 15th year of business.

I'm actually organizing a new event in the KC area. It's going to be the biggest paranormal event held in KC. Got 20 or so personalities, around 50 vendors, and we're even doing two live concerts during the convention! Capacity is around 1200 people and we're already about 35% of the way to break even with 11 months to go until the event! Pretty excited about that.

Here's the event website if any of you in the Midwest are interested in dropping by! It's also being held only about 10 minutes from the winery.

Missouri Paracon

Last edited by Limelicker : 03-27-2024 at 04:25 PM.
Limelicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 05:12 PM   #350
GrantDawg

Very nice!

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk