Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-24-2017, 08:49 PM   #1
Dolphin
n00b

What setting adjusts how drafted players are not busts?

I've tried playing at 10 50 and 90 but none of the settings on draft seem to really matter. I would like for the 250th player I look at in the draft list that looks like a stud to my scouts (I assume my scouts are showing that) to actually be a stud.

I'm kinda tired of looking through all the players finding some "gems" and then them turning into busts. I kinda hire guys high in scouting to avoid this issue.

Thanks for the input.

Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 10:56 AM   #2
jokr29
n00b

I get the same thing, but also find guys who don't scout well and they turn out better to be expected. The unknown of a player makes this the best game tho that they've played. It's kinda boring to always get what you expect in my opinion.
jokr29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 08:54 PM   #3
Dolphin
n00b

Not me, that is why I try to hire the best people at scouting. It is pointless to hire them if there scouting ability has no value. If I wanted random I would just draft players and see what happens.
Old 03-27-2017, 11:12 PM   #4
wustin
College Prospect

if you have a good scout and the combine numbers match the bars, I don't see how you can miss with the setting cranked up to 90.
wustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 07:32 AM   #5
Dawgfan19
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by wustin View Post
if you have a good scout and the combine numbers match the bars, I don't see how you can miss with the setting cranked up to 90.

Agreed. I suggest researching the many tips on this site regarding drafting.
Dawgfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 02:52 PM   #6
Dolphin
n00b

Nothing in this drafting game works. Really getting sick of playing the game. Ive drafted 3 guys rated in 70s in a draft after training camp. Do the pre season games and they all plummet to 40s or 50s,
Old 05-27-2019, 02:55 PM   #7
Dolphin
n00b

What coach actually does the scouting?
Old 05-27-2019, 05:21 PM   #8
Sharkn20
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin View Post

OC scouts offense.
DC scouts defense
AC scouts Special Teams

Interview bars narrow the bars either when you are looking at them or when u interview the player, is a considerable difference between seeing a range of 70 - 100 bar instead of 85 - 100..

I suggest you using Draft Analizer too and join a Multiplayer League, finding a Mentor who can help you in understanding the game. The OSFL has vacancies just in case you want to join.

You don't need stars all-over the place, you need specific kind of players for specific roles in this game, there are plenty examples in MP... Obviously Stars are nice to have specially in key areas, but 40 / 50 rated players are really good too with the bars where is needed.

I hope this helps, feel free to shoot me a PM if you want to join the OSFL, we even have a Slack channel to talk live.

Last edited by Sharkn20 : 05-27-2019 at 05:22 PM.
Sharkn20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 11:49 PM   #9
tzach
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin View Post

in addition to what shark mentioned, i'd strongly recommend reading the game manual in detail (question mark icon or F1 in some systems), and then reading again, and again. lots of important piece of info there.
tzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 07:45 AM   #10
Sharkn20
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzach View Post
in addition to what shark mentioned, i'd strongly recommend reading the game manual in detail (question mark icon or F1 in some systems), and then reading again, and again. lots of important piece of info there.

+1

I always keep the manual open in the offseason and sometimes in the regular season when gameplanning.
Sharkn20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 03:17 PM   #11
TeamBills59
n00b

I took notes on the manual.
TeamBills59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 11:08 AM   #12
jah
n00b

It sounds like what you want is to play with cheats. I wouldn't mind the option at least.
jah is offline   Reply With Quote