Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-10-2017, 07:07 AM   #1
Swiso
n00b

Player ideal scheme

Checking the new draft prospects for the incoming draft I saw a couple of players that I like, but their "ideal fit scheme" is a different scheme of the one I use.
Are there any "penalty" in the mesaurables, efficiency, or the overall grade of the player, if I put him in another scheme other than the one he think he fit best ?
I mean...other than the "Weight Charts" as reported on the FOF Defensive Philosophy PDF ?
Anybody has any useful experience in doing this ?

Swiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 10:05 AM   #2
garion333
High School Varsity

I try and stick to it if I can, but won't pass up a STUD if they're a better fit for, say, a 3-4 DE than 4-3 DE.

I try my hardest to play 1-tech and 3-tech DTs in their given positions because I want to maximize them as best as I can.

How much does it help? Not sure, but probably incrementally, which is how most things work in this game. The game is coded such that the more you pay attention to the details, the more benefit you'll get.

If one player is out of position on your team, it's not likely a big deal. If your entire defensive line is a best fit for a different scheme, well, I expect they'll never live up to their ratings, however I don't think they'll be absolute junk.
garion333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 08:12 PM   #3
Swiso
n00b

Thanks for the help.
Let say you employ a True 34 defensive front...
You see on Draft Analyzer a stud SLB that has his RPos is listed as RDE...
When you make your "draft wish list"..will you put that guy on OLB list or DE list ?
I am trying to put togheter an excel sheet with all the prospects I like, divided by position...
I am undecided how to divide the front 7 positions ( for example : NT, DT,DE 4-3, DE 3-4, OLB-4-3, OLB 3-4...)
Old 10-12-2017, 08:39 AM   #4
garion333
High School Varsity

I've stopped using 3-4 for the most part, so I'm not quite as well versed in position change effects in FOF8, but if he thinks he's a 3-4 DE then by all means think of him as a DE and not a LB.

Assuming, of course, his height and weight are actually on target to make that move, which they likely will be.
garion333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 04:42 PM   #5
Swiso
n00b

Thank You very much.