Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-12-2007, 01:55 AM   #1151
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

So for what it's worth I tried to get the philosopher guy on day 2 and, obviously, failed.

I'm leaning towards acquitting ITC just because I basically buy Hoops' arguments with regards to Bulletsponge and don't have the issue with ITC that I had with BS. My big doubt is the fact that he claims he didn't buy any services. I just can't imagine someone who has been given a clear shot at having a big impact on the game allowing that opportunity to slip by. For all we know ITC was assured of getting whatever service he wanted and yet he didn't think it was worth it? If this was a two-way vote I'd probably vote for him based on that but because of this mess up with the consuls I'll probably vote to free.

And damn! KWhit is suing me again? Why don't we all just hand our money over to him now and be done with it?
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 02:42 AM   #1152
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Okay I don't think we've really had much of an analysis of the kills that have taken place so far.

Swaggs - I'm stumped. (do you have that expression? it means "I've no idea") Admittedly he was the lawyer but the order to kill him must have gone out before it became known that lawyers had sage-like abilities. He wasn't wealthy. I'm struggling to find a reason for him to be killed. The only possible person with a vested interest in killing him would be AE and I really don't think he would be so obvious as to knock off the best lawyer to take the title himself. The only other thing I can think of is if the wolves had some way of knowing who the next lawyer would be but I don't really buy that either. Or that they knew more about the lawyer role than anyone else. Other than that I'm at a loss.

SnDvls

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
this is true fellow Senator...I trust Kayus Whitus completely and I also believe my suit against him will confirm that he is loyal to the Republic.

This really lept out at me. The bolded part is done by me. Are we supposed to believe that SnDvls trusted KWhit 100% based on the wording of his introduction? My initial response was that SnDvls must have some sort of seer ability. But if I could make that connection then surely the wolves could and that seems like a huge risk to take early on just to vouch for someone. (of course DT can confirm that seers often make mistakes like that early on ). So my next idea is that he has a bodyguard ability and was trying to attract a kill attempt. Clearly that wasn't the case. So maybe it is the case that SnDvls puts that sort of trust in someone based on wording. Seems a bit reckless to me but people play very differently.

My only thought is that maybe SnDvls did have a reason to trust KWhit. What if there's another faction out there. In a game of this size, complexity and setting that might make sense. Furthermore it provides a different explanation as to why there were two kills and might explain how KWhit got such a landslide in the consul vote. (Yes, I know I voted for him). I'm also getting a strange feeling about the way KWhit launched into filing so many writs from the outset, it's almost as though he knew he would win them. Of course there's the matter of Swaggs or DT vouching for him so I can't claim that I've got all the answers. I'm just getting a strange vibe off of KWhit. I'm going to have to read a bit more about what he's been doing. For the moment though I'm probably most comfortable with the liklihood that SnDvls was killed because of the possibility that he was a seer.

This post is going to be mega-long. I'm splitting it into a new one at this point to deal with Alan.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:36 AM   #1153
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Which brings us to, deep breath.

Alan T Just my luck. Trying to analysis why the person who has made the biggest and largest quantity of posts. I think there's probably a risk of over-analysing this, but, hey that's what I do. My basic assumption is that Alan was making a lot of well-thought out and intelligent posts and has proved (in recent memory) that he can turn a game around for the villagers. I think it's likely that that's the reason for his death. I shall now start to over-analyze away.

People in Alan's sights.
Anxiety - I have to admit I kind of turned off about their argument fairly early on. I read it but I really didn't make much of an effort to fully understand what was going on there. It got very heated and for that reason alone I don't think Anxiety, as a wolf, would risk killing Alan. I'm going to re-read that one.

Hoops - There's the whole horse buying business. Seems to have been a simple misunderstanding but I'm a bit suspicious about the way that Alan happens to be the person Hoops was using his ability on. Now that's something that the wolves can't have known so it's either an unhappy coincidence for Hoops or there's more to it than meets the eye. This post by Alan stands out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Plus its easy enough for someone to vouch for it tommorrow whether or not they receive a message from you.

Then again if no-one else claims to have hired the horsemen then I think Hoops is in the clear on that one. Yet again, we need people to state who's service they tried to bid on and if they were successful.

KWhit/Barkeep - Alan expressed a lot of reservations about the way that both got rolled in so easily as consuls. Alan also had a disagreement with Barkeep about the sueing business.

Ironhead - Alan believed that Ironhead was being misleading with statements about revealing the nature of the services available. That seemed to have blown over though so I'm not reading too much into it.

DaddyTorgo - he nearly arrested him on day one and says that there were some things bugging him about DT.

Tyrith - Alan believed that he was going with the flow in an attempt not to stand out.

Narcizo (in the interest of completeness) - he thought it was suspicious that I didn't mention the fact that I had gone up a wealth bracket.

The writ system - yes indeedy I'm looking at the writ system as well as Alan was mapping how it worked.

UTR People - he made a comment about utr people going a long way if they survive the first 3 or 4 days.

So, yeah, basically, who didn't Alan suspect? I have, however, tried to list them in the order of importance Alan seemed to be applying to them.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:43 AM   #1154
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Now to something I've just noticed. Not about who has been killed but who hasn't been killed.

Were I a bad guy, I'd be looking to kill the wealthier people out there. This would move me up the relative ranks into a position were I can start being more confident about getting the services available. Why on earth have the three kills used been on people with little wealth? The only reason I can think of (barring the wolves/another faction having more info than we do) is that they already have at least one person in the upper echelons and don't want to risk drawing attention to him/themselves by killing the others.

Suddenly I'm really left in a quandary about what to do with ITC. I really wish there was another candidate to compete with him.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:34 AM   #1155
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
Continuing on what Hoopus Guyus started earlier, this is what the list of services from Day 1 looks like:

Available Services and Who Purchased Them

Animus Sentus, person rumored to be affiliated with the Priesthood - Ironhead
Ardentus Enthusiastus, 2nd best lawyer in Rome - Dodgerchick
Swaggus Swaggus, Best lawyer in Rome - CoffeeWarlord
Titus Ludius, ex-legionnaire - Bullet
Gallus Clarus, ex-legionnaire - Ardent
Blakus Fortunatus, owner of many horses - Anxiety
Lexus Postus, owner of many horses - AlanT
Durus Pimpus, dealer in sexual slaves - ???
Furius Lucius, former warlord of Gaul, enslaved and now freed - ???

Given that we know what Durus Pimpus does it is pretty obvious that Furius Lucius was the service responsible for the kill that day.

Extreme Wealth and up with No Record of Services 1st Day
Schmidtyus Schmidtyus
Marcus Vaughnus
Lonestarus Girlus
Imus Thecrewus

Also, I clearly received a PM regarding my visitation from the sexual slaves. This either means that no one bothered to vote for Durus Pimpus' services on Day 1 or someone has not come out and advised of their visitation. I think I would actually lean towards it not being bid on. A wolf would not send the slaves at another wolf - I would imagine if a villager received the PM about the slaves they would have revealed it. If a villager sent the slaves at pretty much anyone they would probably still come out that they had the service.

Umm, aren't we forgetting something? Two people died after Day Two. It's been reasonable to suggest that the ex-warlord is the sword killer. And if you buy that Ironhead is good (at the moment, I do), then we know what the sex slaves do. That clears the only two remaining positions in question from Day One--but we still have a poisoner.

If you believe some services == kills, then the poisoner is one of our other service purchasers from Day One. And someone is lying then, because I believe everyone to some effect described what their hired service did, and none of those descriptions included "oh yeah, and I can poison people to death."

I thought the priest was the poisoner, but Ironhead had it on Day One, and most evidence points to him being good (of course, he is also the source of the warlord is the sword killer thought, I believe). So unless Ironhead has woven an elaborate cover up as a Tarq (I doubt it), the priest is not the poisoner.

It is my belief that the legionaires, horse dealers and maybe even the lawyers don't have the same abilities. I think we have assumed that. There seems to be evidence the lawyers might in fact be the same. Not so sure about the others, though.

It's also possible the services have different purposes in the hands of each faction. A bodyguard legionnaire the hands of a Tarq becomes a murderer perhaps. But that's another level I am not ready to analyse just yet.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 04:41 AM   #1156
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I will once again actively campaign for the consulship. I am the best person for this job. Two people will be arrested as long as I am consul and the other consul is not a halfwit or a Tarq.

I can't compete with the wealth here. I have been entirely unsuccessful moving up the food chain. But especially with AlanT's departure from the game, my knack for analyusis has likely risen to more importance. I think that being a consul would open more avenues for me to put that analysis to good use.

I am extremely disappointed that we only have one person in jail today. I don't care about who is actually at fault. The fact is, both current consuls are at fault and both dropped the ball. By refusing to cooperate with one another, they have shot us in the foot for a day.

IMO, this is a big red mark on both of them as potential Tarqs.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 04:50 AM   #1157
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

At the moment I'm not sure about this. My initial assumption was that poisonings were the wolves' vanilla method of killing while the sword attack was a bought service.

But the fact that this gives the wolves the potential to make two kills a day seems to be tipping the balance even more in their favour when added to the lack of role reveals. The possibility that they have to bid for their kills seems to be more in line with the flavour of the game and would keep the game more balanced.

As I've mentioned the other option I can see is the possibility of another faction being at work.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:29 AM   #1158
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I can't compete with the wealth here. I have been entirely unsuccessful moving up the food chain. But especially with AlanT's departure from the game, my knack for analyusis has likely risen to more importance. I think that being a consul would open more avenues for me to put that analysis to good use.

I think Chief would be a solid choice as consul. Also, if people were willing to vote for me then I'd be happy to take on the role now. I was initially against it because I thought the game mechanics would mirror Big City where it was important for the judge to get out the warrants immediately after deadline. That doesn't seem to be a factor here and I'd be willing to announce my arrest request earlier in the day (to avoid the same mistake that was made yesterday).

To be honest there is an element of self-service here as I would hope that the wolves are less likely to go after the holder of the consul seat for fear of a bodyguard. Following Alan's death I'm a bit concerned about my own safety as I tend to operate in the same fashion as Alan. My concern though is that the time zone situation means I might put out an arrest order before all possible information is available. But I do feel that (despite being confused) I have, at least, as good a grip of what is happening in the game as the next person. I'll leave it up to you to decide if the time zone issue (or anything else for that matter) should disqualify me from being the consul.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:37 AM   #1159
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Trying to shed some light on which way to go with ITC by looking at his posts - but, of course, that has turned out to be a blind alley -there's next to nothing to go on that points towards guilty or innocent. Given the fact that he states he hasn't hired any services I don't really expect much from him to clear himself today either.

However, hopefully, someone else else will be able to provide information about him as it looked likely that he would be one of the arrests yesterday so someone might have taken the opportunity to scan him. So I'm going to wait but am still leaning towards acquittal with big reservations. I would actually like to see him arrested again today if he is released because I'm finding it hard to believe that he hasn't made use of any of that wealth and I think that the kill patterns point towards a rich wolf somewhere.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:55 AM   #1160
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'm going to go ahead and throw my vote in, because I should be AFK most of the day. My supervisor is taking to a building in downtown and I doubt I'll get the luxury that I had yesterday again.

Throw ITC from the cliff.

Your argument for why you shouldn't have been chosen...I found to be weak. Why me instead of the others?

I'm sorry. I'll change my vote if I find you more passionate this afternoon/tonight.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:57 AM   #1161
Poli
FOFC Survivor

err, should read taking "me" to a building...
Old 04-12-2007, 06:09 AM   #1162
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Ah! I've just reread a bit more closely so it looks like this isn't "really" a no reveal game as the lawyers both concur that bulletsponge was good (and I use the term loosely). So that, at least, is a relief.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:18 AM   #1163
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Narcizo sues Lonestargirl
Narcizo sues Marc Vaughan
Narcizo sues ImTheCrew
Narcizo sues NeonChaos

I suggest everyone sues the top wealth tier players. Neon Chaos is my compensation for Kwhit taking money off me twice in a row.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:25 AM   #1164
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Did I miss your suits? This is entirely possible. Can you find the post #?

It is post 918

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
I'm going to file a few lawsuits to see what I can learn and maybe not be so poor.

Grammaticus Atticus sues Mustangus Sallas

Grammaticus Atticus sues Marcus Vaughnus

Show me the money!

I figured by how the other suits are situated it would be on the waiting list of cases heard tomorrow??

Thanks your honor, the Maximus Judgus
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 06:29 AM   #1165
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Cronin can you answer the other question about conditional orders and being consul. Frankly, I think it's a bit fair to us what has happened in this situation based on your explicit PM to us that we could send in conditional orders.

This can be fixed by the two Consuls publicly stating who they will arrest. How hard is that to figure out? If Consuls don't want to state who they will arrest, then they should not be a Consul.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:03 AM   #1166
hoopsguy
General Manager

Crew, you absolutely, positively have to use your wealth each and every day on a service that provides value or block the enemy.

I don't know whether you are good or bad, but I'm extremely demotivated to launch a defense for you like I did with Bullet knowing that you have been conceding your wealth advantage for the last three days.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:15 AM   #1167
hoopsguy
General Manager

Rum, I'm working with the idea that poison is the standard wolf kill. This is largely based on the fact that st.cronin was poisoned in the opener. If someone learns differently through the purchase of a service I hope they will proclaim this loudly early and often.

I like the lines of thought that both Narcizo and Ironhead explored this evening. Ironhead's play on Day 3 has moved him off my "most suspicious" list, for whatever that is worth.

I'm going to try and track the wealth lists over the first few days and call out the movers-and-shakers. I'm not sure how much there is to learn there, other than KWhit's movement based on lawsuits, but I'll give it a shot.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:28 AM   #1168
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I put suits against the two people who were with me in voting to free Bullet. I figured that the Tarqs might want to spread their votes out, so I would rather bring suit against someone who has a reasonable chance (based on the above logic, and being on my suspects list at the start of the day) of being a Tarq.

Of the people still alive who didn't vote I've got Anxiety, Neon, Marc Vaughan and LSG not registering a vote.

I think it's time to face the fact that Marc Vaughan, at least, isn't actually in this game more than in name and I'm having my doubts about LSG as well. Which is a bit sucky as they're both in the richest tier (with MV #3 presumably). I'm afraid this fact also really pushes me towards suspecting ITC. He's actually been around but hasn't done anything - we've every reason to suspect that the other two just haven't been here at all, which would explain it if they haven't done anything. We just seem to be beset but a run of bad luck in this game. First the consul thing and now four of the most important people in the game not making an effort for one reason or another.

I'm actually starting to think ITC is a bad guy. I'm getting a much guiltier impression of him than I am of BS yesterday. I'm not sure we can afford to wait around till tomorrow and use up a seer scan on him. Since he claims not to have done anything with his wealth anyway I don't see how getting rid of him now can worsen our situation so I'm going to

Vote to Execute ImTheCrew

Pending someone coming out to clear him. In the fairly near future.

Incidentally Anxiety is the one person on the list who's lack of vote draws my attention, as he has been around.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:45 AM   #1169
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

With 24 players left we need at least 13 votes to execute. With at least two players probably not even here and ITC voting against that probably means that only 9 other people have to vote to acquit or not vote at all and it will fail. If the wolves have a lawyer that could go down to only 6 votes not being placed. (I forget does the lawyer get to know who's using their services?)

Basically I don't think we're going to get an execution here.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:50 AM   #1170
hoopsguy
General Manager

The lawyer, like all the other hired services, would have been acquired the previous day. So unless ImTheCrew is lying to us, the attorney should not be on the map here.

On the topic of lawyers, there should have been a couple of people hiring them for Day 2, correct? If so, they would have information to yield on who they reviewed. I'm not going to press them for who they found innocent if they don't want to come forward with it, but it would be nice to know who locked the attorneys up. That would be a service that should be appealing to the Tarqs, as they could negate a "seer" role by doing so.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:58 AM   #1171
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Basically I don't think we're going to get an execution here.

I've been thinking about this - especially with the arrest screw-up last night.

I think it is going to be VERY hard for us to get an execution most nights, and I think it will be almost impossible if/when we have 2 candidates to vote on. (I'm not saying this to somehow make the arrest issue go away, but it's something that seems to be a pretty big issue moving forward)...

So far, we have had trouble with players not voting. That makes getting a majority hard even when we just have 1 person to vote for. When 2 players are arrested and the votes get split apart even further, I'm afraid it is going to be really tough to get an execution.

I'm not suggesting that we don't arrest 2 players, just making an observation. However, it might make sense if we have an obvious person that should be voted out (like if a seer scan implicates someone), it might make sense to just arrest the one player.

Just some food for thought.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:02 AM   #1172
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
The lawyer, like all the other hired services, would have been acquired the previous day. So unless ImTheCrew is lying to us, the attorney should not be on the map here.

Unless someone else lends him his service. Or, as you say, ITC is lying.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:05 AM   #1173
KWhit
Coordinator

Another point about last night's arrest screw-up.

It dawns on me that the people who are now suspicious of me because of that are way off base. If BK or I were a Tarq, it wouldn't make logical sense to not arrest someone. Because of the issues with arrests we've had in the game so far, a Tarq would have to know that not making an arrest would be a red flag that would draw unnecessary heat on him.

And for what gain? None, from what I can see. Instead of a non-arrest, a Tarq could simply arrest a known good guy. That way, they avoid the heat that would come from no arrest and they put an innocent's head on the block.

It would be STUPID for a Tarq to not arrest someone. That has to be one of the biggest benefits and reasons why a Tarq would want to become Consul - because they know who the good/bad guys are, they can direct the vote toward a good guy with their arrest.

To suggest that I somehow am a Tarq and chose to make up a story so that we would only have one person to vote for today is Ridiculous and makes no strategic sense.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:14 AM   #1174
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
I think it is going to be VERY hard for us to get an execution most nights, and I think it will be almost impossible if/when we have 2 candidates to vote on. (I'm not saying this to somehow make the arrest issue go away, but it's something that seems to be a pretty big issue moving forward)...

I hadn't thought about that. The odds really do seem to be stacked up against the villagers in this game.

In this case I'm going to say who I would like arrested tomorrow. Unless either of them cast a vote/do something today or there's clear evidence of treachery coming out then I'd like Marc Vaughan or LSG arrested. I thought everyone suing them so they don't have wealth anymore would be enough but it looks like their lack of activity is a bit more damaging than that. I would, however, like for there to be another, poorer person to be arrested as well. If I had to put a lynch vote on one of the poorer people in the game then I'd probably vote for Neon Chaos who just doesn't seem to be doing anything to help the cause or DaddyTorgo who is coming off as being very defensive and erratic at the moment.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:15 AM   #1175
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
I hadn't thought about that. The odds really do seem to be stacked up against the villagers in this game.

In this case I'm going to say who I would like arrested tomorrow. Unless either of them cast a vote/do something today or there's clear evidence of treachery coming out then I'd like Marc Vaughan or LSG arrested. I thought everyone suing them so they don't have wealth anymore would be enough but it looks like their lack of activity is a bit more damaging than that. I would, however, like for there to be another, poorer person to be arrested as well. If I had to put a lynch vote on one of the poorer people in the game then I'd probably vote for Neon Chaos who just doesn't seem to be doing anything to help the cause or DaddyTorgo who is coming off as being very defensive and erratic at the moment.

FWIW, my other choice for arrest last night was LSG.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:16 AM   #1176
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

D'oh! I've been mixing up Dodgerchick and LSG. I'm an idiot.

So, um, ignore most of what I've been saying.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:18 AM   #1177
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

By that I mean I've been thinking that LSG is in the top bracket of wealth, whereas it's actually DC up there. Sorry about that. :o

Oh to be able to edit.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:35 AM   #1178
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Which means I have to rethink my thoughts about ITC as well.

I'm in a quandary because it might be that there's one or two wolves in the second tier and they want the top echelon guys cleared out so they become the richest in the game, something we clearly can't afford to allow. Now they won't want to use kills to do that because that would be too obvious but they would like for executions to clear the way and we wind up doing their dirty work for them.

In the end though ITC's claimed lack of hiring speaks against him. If ITC is innocent then any potential second tier wolves were already in that position because he made no bids. By executing him it, at least, clarifies the situation. (and tells us who's currently the 4th richest person).
DC seems to have been pretty straightforward about the services she's bought and how she's used them. I'm not getting a wolf vibe off of her. I still think the evidence is pointing to there being a rich wolf so I'm going to stick with the execution vote.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:51 AM   #1179
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Soon to be heading home. Again, I won't be around for most of the rest of the day I'm afraid.

Vote Chief Rum for Consul
Vote Narcizo for Consul
- despite clear evidence that he's an idiot.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:54 AM   #1180
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Of the people still alive who didn't vote I've got Anxiety, Neon, Marc Vaughan and LSG not registering a vote.

I think it's time to face the fact that Marc Vaughan, at least, isn't actually in this game more than in name and I'm having my doubts about LSG as well. Which is a bit sucky as they're both in the richest tier (with MV #3 presumably). I'm afraid this fact also really pushes me towards suspecting ITC. He's actually been around but hasn't done anything - we've every reason to suspect that the other two just haven't been here at all, which would explain it if they haven't done anything. We just seem to be beset but a run of bad luck in this game. First the consul thing and now four of the most important people in the game not making an effort for one reason or another.

I'm actually starting to think ITC is a bad guy. I'm getting a much guiltier impression of him than I am of BS yesterday. I'm not sure we can afford to wait around till tomorrow and use up a seer scan on him. Since he claims not to have done anything with his wealth anyway I don't see how getting rid of him now can worsen our situation so I'm going to

Vote to Execute ImTheCrew

Pending someone coming out to clear him. In the fairly near future.

Incidentally Anxiety is the one person on the list who's lack of vote draws my attention, as he has been around.

I voted. I specifically voted to not execute BS much earlier than the whole "we have cold feet" crowd did later in teh day.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:03 AM   #1181
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Elect KWhit for Consul

Some of you may not trust him, and last night was a fiasco, but I'm backing him because I still believe he's on our side. If it turns out I'm wrong, I'm sorry, but I'm sticking with at least one person I trust.

Elect Anxiety for Consul

This is my terrifying vote. I don't get a bad vibe off him, but on the same token, I don't really have a good read on him.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:11 AM   #1182
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Elect KWhit for Consul

Some of you may not trust him, and last night was a fiasco, but I'm backing him because I still believe he's on our side. If it turns out I'm wrong, I'm sorry, but I'm sticking with at least one person I trust.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I can't serve two consecutive terms, unfortunately.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:13 AM   #1183
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Rules. Bah!

Unelect Kwhit, Though I Doubt I Have to Do This Since It Wasn't Valid
Old 04-12-2007, 09:15 AM   #1184
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Uh, wait a minute. Was that stated later in the thread somewhere? The rules on the first page don't specifically say that, as far as I'm interpreting it.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:19 AM   #1185
Peregrine
Pro Starter

St. Cronin posted that we can't vote another term for the outgoing Consuls.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:22 AM   #1186
hoopsguy
General Manager

Consuls votes - I'm willing to back Narcizo.

I think the more interesting discussion is around the services to be nailed down by our wealthiest citizens.

Cronin, are the services determined prior to the execution? So if ImTheCrew has the winning bid for a service at the end of the day, but is also slated to be executed, does he retain the service or does it fall to the next person on the wealth list?
Old 04-12-2007, 09:22 AM   #1187
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I'm going to cast one of my consul votes at this time:

vote Chief Rum for Consul

I'm reserving my second vote. All I know is if we somehow don't get two arrests tonight I'm going to totally lose it.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:23 AM   #1188
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm padding my post count by having this as a separate post. Hopefully it will fool people who track posts into not thinking I'm UTR this game

VOTE CONSUL NARCIZO
Old 04-12-2007, 09:27 AM   #1189
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I've voted for CW and hoops. ARe either of you interested in the position? Because otherwise I'll need to rethink my choices.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:28 AM   #1190
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm padding my post count by having this as a separate post. Hopefully it will fool people who track posts into not thinking I'm UTR this game

VOTE CONSUL NARCIZO
You sly devil you. I'm sure that because of that single post your UTR moves will now go un noticed. Damn your cleverness.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:30 AM   #1191
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister View Post
Since CW mentioned that you had not committed a treasonous act that night, I am wondering if you are using the consul as a cover to help the Tarqs almost guarantee two kills since it does eliminate ties.

I'm still catching up. But I just want to point out that if the traitors got a consul position, wouldn't it make more sense to arrest a loyal Senator than to not arrest anyone?
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:30 AM   #1192
KWhit
Coordinator

You guys are all very smart. I should make a totally worthless post in order to stay active.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:31 AM   #1193
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I'm still catching up. But I just want to point out that if the traitors got a consul position, wouldn't it make more sense to arrest a loyal Senator than to not arrest anyone?

DING DING DING!!!!
Old 04-12-2007, 09:34 AM   #1194
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
I've voted for CW and hoops. ARe either of you interested in the position? Because otherwise I'll need to rethink my choices.

Doesn't really bother me either way.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:36 AM   #1195
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Doesn't really bother me either way.

I think CW would make a good choice.

VOTE COFFEEUS WARLORDUS CONSUL.

Not sure where my other vote is going right now.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:45 AM   #1196
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

Yeah, I would be interested in filling it. I can promise to be up-front with my thoughts, for better or worse, during the proceedings. I generally have a pretty high level of availability during the day cycles. If people believe me when I say I'm a Roman then I would encourage them to vote for me.

That is my over-the-top campaign speech.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:48 AM   #1197
Tyrith
College Starter

I'll back Narcizo, he's said he's willing to clue us in to who he's arresting, he's been making good analysis, and I think he deserves his shot.

VOTE ELECT NARCIZO

And I agree with his point, not having LSG and Marc Vaughn around is very much not good for us. And not knowing allegiance on death means we're going to be shooting in the dark a while longer...if we don't really have any info, this could really suck for a while. Personally, this feeling of helplessness is somewhat annoying.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:50 AM   #1198
Tyrith
College Starter

And either hoops or CR would be fine by me for the second position. Hoops is always a little scary in a position of power, but if he's good he'd be a great asset in power.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:53 AM   #1199
Autumn
Head Coach

There are few players I have a good level of trust about, but it makes sense to vote that way for consul. At first blush I would vote for Ironus Headus, who seems to have been very open about the services he's used, and seems to be in the clear. For a second vote I would support either Coffeeus Warlordus, who also seems to have been open and seems trustworthy to me, or possibly Schmidtyus Schmidtyus whose "slipup" seemed genuine and leaned me towards trusting him.

I won't vote yet as I want to see who's interested in running, and what other people's thoughts are, as well as if anyone has managed to turn up any new information through services.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:54 AM   #1200
hoopsguy
General Manager

Tyrith, I'm not quite sure why there is a need to feel helpless or clueless at this point in the game. It feels like there is a decent amount of available info to analyze at this point.

Working on the suits and money movement, longish post coming shortly.