Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-18-2009, 11:33 AM   #2101
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
if anyone can read lathum it's his BFF!

Stop pussyfooting around and vote for me already.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:34 AM   #2102
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
This is the exact reason I prefer to vote early! I had no idea who to vote for and it was a runaway on2 guys I wasnt convinced were worth voting for. Which I stated very clearly at the time.

Seriously pass, your way too good of a player to this shitty of a job of railroading me

Now who's defensive?

So if you didn't like either candidate, why didn't you vote for a third one? Why did you wait around for so long until someone else did?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:36 AM   #2103
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

basically yes. I couldn't decide and then there were votes for someone i didn't trust, so I jumped on board!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:36 AM   #2104
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Walk through that thought, then. What was Lathum's agenda on Day 2 if he was a wolf? If he wanted to try and get a non-wolf lynched there are probably better ways of doing it than the route he took. So what was he trying to accomplish?

also, look at the payoff if it worked...PB would be dead, EF would be semi-trusted because he had been criticized, and Lathum would have been able to plead some cock'n bull story about having to vote that way because of his role, which would have been completely impossible to confirm. (which is actually what he is doing right now)
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:36 AM   #2105
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
if anyone can read lathum it's his BFF!

and we prefer Hetero Life Mates
Old 05-18-2009, 11:38 AM   #2106
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
so what you are saying is I make a crazy over the top play on day 2 that would likely earn me a seer scan, just to try to get myself into a COT because if I stay alive to long people are just going to assume i am a wolf?

So the best way for me to gain trust is to make a play calling attention to myself, in a game where I can't say why I made that play or what benefit the play gives us, on the second day.

Right, makes perfect sense.

there is a cunning wolf in this game, isnt there?

you know damn well your mere existence invites a seer scan! (look, and exclamation point )
Old 05-18-2009, 11:38 AM   #2107
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
basically yes. I couldn't decide and then there were votes for someone i didn't trust, so I jumped on board!

I'm asking why you didn't vote for a third player early -- when you always prefer to vote. If you didn't like either candidate, waiting only makes it even tougher for you to decide. Why didn't you put a vote on a candidate that you were more suspicious of early?
Old 05-18-2009, 11:40 AM   #2108
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
so what you are saying is I make a crazy over the top play on day 2 that would likely earn me a seer scan, just to try to get myself into a COT because if I stay alive to long people are just going to assume i am a wolf?

So the best way for me to gain trust is to make a play calling attention to myself, in a game where I can't say why I made that play or what benefit the play gives us, on the second day.

Right, makes perfect sense.

Lathum, you have just finished the one scenario where I can see you making this play - because you are a cunning wolf and will show up good on the scan.

Of course, I do not think that you really need to do this. You probably get scanned early enough on your own without any antics. Which is why I've more or less dismissed this scenario. But that is the only way that I can see your Day 2 play making any sense as a wolf. Low probability; pretty much discarded. I'll worry about it later in the game if we have a seer emerge with a trust list that includes you on it.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:40 AM   #2109
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Because I couldnt decide. there is a difference between preferring to vote early, and voting early for the sake of it.

i had a reason to vote ealry day 2, turned out not to work, so I unvoted. cest la vie.

just try to keep your railroading on track here pass.

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 05-18-2009, 11:41 AM   #2110
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Because I couldnt decide. there is a difference between preferring to vote early, and voting early for the sake of it.

i had a reason to vote ealry day 2, turned out not to work, so I unvoted. cest la vie.

just try to keep your railroading on track here pass.

Why do you keep calling it railroading? What am I 'railroading' you into?
Old 05-18-2009, 11:42 AM   #2111
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
also, look at the payoff if it worked...PB would be dead, EF would be semi-trusted because he had been criticized, and Lathum would have been able to plead some cock'n bull story about having to vote that way because of his role, which would have been completely impossible to confirm. (which is actually what he is doing right now)

ummm, are you on crack? Lets say I am a wolf.

PB does get lynched, then everyone looks at me as the catalyst, lynches me the next day, then comes to the conclusion that I was protecting EF and lynch him.

Right, would have worked out awesome!

I can't help but think of the people who are trying to get me lynched today their is at least one wolf who is trying to get me killed out of reputation and for fear of the mechanic that was triggered for my role.

If you are so convinced then vote me, but there is zero chance I am lynched today.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:42 AM   #2112
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

bah, your attacking me for nothing, trying to make me look suspicious. yet your failing to do a very good job of it. since your not hitting anything legitimate. just vote for me and we can go back to wachign for lathum and schmity to go to town in the other thread

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 05-18-2009, 11:42 AM   #2113
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
I had an earlier post where I noted that Telle, Jackal, and Lerriuqs were the common names across distrust lists from me, Autumn, and Lathum.

Then DT posts this a little later:

FWIW, this is another point that is drawing me towards Lerriuqs rather than the candidates DT mentioned. I've already suggested that I'm pretty concerned with DT's play, and the fact that he leaves Lerriuqs out of the discussion while bringing up Telle and Jackal struck me as odd.

Hoops, I was leaning towards a lerriuqs vote myself...i dont know anything about him, so it is tough to get a read...that of course is compounded by the fact that he has said next to nothing until his post this morning about not understanding what is going on....that reeks of New Wolf Smell to me

this will probably be enough for me unless i talk myself into lathum
Old 05-18-2009, 11:43 AM   #2114
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

PB does get lynched, then everyone looks at me as the catalyst, lynches me the next day, then comes to the conclusion that I was protecting EF and lynch him.

I can't help but think of the people who are trying to get me lynched today their is at least one wolf who is trying to get me killed out of reputation and for fear of the mechanic that was triggered for my role.

If you are so convinced then vote me, but there is zero chance I am lynched today.

dun dun dun!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 05-18-2009, 11:43 AM   #2115
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
there is a cunning wolf in this game, isnt there?

you know damn well your mere existence invites a seer scan! (look, and exclamation point )

well then you kind of prove the point that I don't need to pull crazy shenanigens to get scanned.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:43 AM   #2116
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

idk - was backwards squirrel on all those lists as well?

my head hurts
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:45 AM   #2117
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

and you had been preparing your defense for PB's death the entire day...you could easily have gotten out of it, and dont pretend you dont think you couldnt...you have gotten out of way worse.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:46 AM   #2118
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
and you had been preparing your defense for PB's death the entire day...you could easily have gotten out of it, and dont pretend you dont think you couldnt...you have gotten out of way worse.

but again, why?

You and hoops have both said I would be scanned early based on reputation, there were others on the chopping block so why make that play?

If you are so convinced then please, vote me.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:46 AM   #2119
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
well then you kind of prove the point that I don't need to pull crazy shenanigens to get scanned.

but getting scanned by the seer doesnt do you any good against the lynch unless the seer comes to your defense!

a public display that gets you on the trust lists is 10 times better than a seer scan because it is just that. Public.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:47 AM   #2120
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
but again, why?

You and hoops have both said I would be scanned early based on reputation, there were others on the chopping block so why make that play?

If you are so convinced then please, vote me.

see above post
Old 05-18-2009, 11:47 AM   #2121
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
and we prefer Hetero Life Mates

as do me and mine
Old 05-18-2009, 11:54 AM   #2122
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

C'mon guys, you need to post more. I still have the most posts AND the most swear words.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:55 AM   #2123
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
C'mon guys, you need to post more. I still have the most posts AND the most swear words.
well, none of us have been on the block for 3 consecutive days

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 05-18-2009, 11:56 AM   #2124
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
but getting scanned by the seer doesnt do you any good against the lynch unless the seer comes to your defense!

a public display that gets you on the trust lists is 10 times better than a seer scan because it is just that. Public.

do you really think I though my play day 2 would get me on any trust list?
Old 05-18-2009, 11:58 AM   #2125
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
well, none of us have been on the block for 3 consecutive days

Then you aren't trying hard enough.

<-------returns to being dead.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:01 PM   #2126
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
do you really think I though my play day 2 would get me on any trust list?

has anyone voted for you on day 3 or 4 (yet)
Old 05-18-2009, 12:03 PM   #2127
hoopsguy
General Manager

And just after PB throws down the posting gauntlet I'm going to have to pull back a little bit. I'm going to have company onsite at my client, which means less latitude to contribute to our merry little discussion.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:04 PM   #2128
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
And just after PB throws down the posting gauntlet I'm going to have to pull back a little bit. I'm going to have company onsite at my client, which means less latitude to contribute to our merry little discussion.
boo

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 05-18-2009, 12:05 PM   #2129
hoopsguy
General Manager

Eh - I'll still be active right until that guy arrives. And for some kind of window after work and before deadline. Just not able to respond quite as efficiently as the last couple of days.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:08 PM   #2130
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
has anyone voted for you on day 3 or 4 (yet)

no, but that has zero to do with my play and everything to do with the fact there are people with far worse voting records, people like you I might add, whose voting record is piss poor.

You are forcing this way to much.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:13 PM   #2131
Danny
Head Coach

Game Event!!!

The event - Gov. Steelrooster declares that Martian Law has occurred. Tonight, Night 4, no space alien may take an action unless they get a pm from me telling them they can. PMs have already been sent, so if you are a space alien, and you didn't get one, you have to sit tight tonight.

Last edited by Danny : 05-18-2009 at 12:14 PM.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:15 PM   #2132
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

lolerskates

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 05-18-2009, 12:16 PM   #2133
hoopsguy
General Manager

No wonder we are all nuts with a moderator like this guy.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:17 PM   #2134
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Wow

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:17 PM   #2135
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

wow what?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 05-18-2009, 12:28 PM   #2136
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
bah, your attacking me for nothing, trying to make me look suspicious. yet your failing to do a very good job of it. since your not hitting anything legitimate. just vote for me and we can go back to wachign for lathum and schmity to go to town in the other thread

I'm not attacking you. I'm just asking you questions. You're the one getting defensive about it, to the point where you've voted me. What makes you think I'm a wolf?
Old 05-18-2009, 12:29 PM   #2137
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

The fact that you are harping on me endlessly about nothing.... ur lathuming me

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 05-18-2009, 12:31 PM   #2138
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I'm not so sure it is.

I think it was pretty clear EF was going to either be voted off or scanned very soon, what better way to buy trust then get in early on that sweet, sweet action.

It's what I would do. I think we would be making a huge mistake if we assumed there were no wolves voting for EF.

Voting for him, at least early in the day, may have been a Needie risk that was worth it. I dobut that any voted for him late when they had a perfectly viable villager running mate though.

And while voting for him might have been worth it, building the case against him in the morning when nobody was considering voting him would definitely not be worth it. I don't think there was any sense that EF was destined to be lynched or scanned at that point.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:31 PM   #2139
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

Again, I'm not harping. I'm just asking questions. For example, the most recent question you ignored is the one where I asked what it is that makes you think I'm a wolf. Why does my asking you questions upset you so much?
Old 05-18-2009, 12:34 PM   #2140
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

? well you asked why i thought you were a wolf, and I answered that you are lathuming me, for no reason. were you asking me legit questions it would be a differnt story, but your just bla bla blaing.

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 05-18-2009, 12:38 PM   #2141
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
? well you asked why i thought you were a wolf, and I answered that you are lathuming me, for no reason. were you asking me legit questions it would be a differnt story, but your just bla bla blaing.

What makes a question not "legit"? And I know that lathuming is a fun buzzword and all that, but can you be a little more specific about what it is you're accusing me of doing? Because what I recall as 'lathuming' is a lot different from what I'm doing.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:38 PM   #2142
Danny
Head Coach

Yay! I just finished my last assignment for the semester. A take home case study final. Had to come up with a program of interventions and instructional strategies for specific cases. Now I am off for a whole week before the next session starts

Also, I will be going out of town on Saturday morning until Tuesday evening. This means, the Friday deadline will be that night and that I will not be around to answer questions / entertain all of you on Tuesday. I will be back to process the deadline, though it might be a little late.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:41 PM   #2143
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

Oh, I get it. This was supposed to be an answer to my question of why you thought I was a wolf. I get it. So if I'm "lathuming" you, even though I don't think I've done anything of the sort, why am I doing it to you, right now? Are there candidates out there I'm trying to save? Does anyone even have any votes on them?
Old 05-18-2009, 12:43 PM   #2144
Telle
College Starter

Votes as of post #2143:

1 - Telle - Poli (1981)
2 - Lerriuqs - Autumn (2021), hoopsguy (2057)
1 - Passacaglia - claphamsa (2087)
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:46 PM   #2145
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Why does my asking you questions upset you so much?

I thought Danny was the therapist?
Old 05-18-2009, 12:48 PM   #2146
Danny
Head Coach

A good therapist asks as few questions as necessary!
Old 05-18-2009, 12:50 PM   #2147
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Oh, I get it. This was supposed to be an answer to my question of why you thought I was a wolf. I get it. So if I'm "lathuming" you, even though I don't think I've done anything of the sort, why am I doing it to you, right now? Are there candidates out there I'm trying to save? Does anyone even have any votes on them?
harping endlessly about meaningless things. is that detailed enouhg for you? :P

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 05-18-2009, 12:54 PM   #2148
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
harping endlessly about meaningless things. is that detailed enouhg for you? :P

Either you're simply trying to use "lathuming" as a generic insult, or you just don't know what it means. Anyway, why would "harping endlessly about meaningless things" make someone a wolf? And why do you consider the way people vote to be meaningless?
Old 05-18-2009, 12:59 PM   #2149
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

so we should look for people who voted early on EF and didn't provide a reason OR people who voted late on PB

and we should cross-reference that with the other day's results...
Old 05-18-2009, 01:02 PM   #2150
Autumn
Head Coach

I think we should only look at early EF voters if they weren't around later. Not that I'm sure if we can figure that out, but I can't see a wolf leaving their vote there the way the voting turned out.