Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-09-2009, 10:05 PM   #801
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
you keep harping on building a CoT by sending people to jail, I am saying that will take way to long, not sure why you don't get that

Harping on it?

That is one of the benefits. There are others. Like getting extra "free" seer scans from someone who can communicate their scan to us without fear of reprisal. And potentially outing wolves. And getting the chance to realize our blunder if we votes for a villager and get him/her back in the game to help our numbers, instead of just lynching a villager and losing them for good.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:08 PM   #802
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
I get that, but it will be day 4 by the time we get to that point. And then what, maybe 1 person is cleared?

But there's not really much downside. The people in jail are still removed from the game and if wolves can't do us harm. We just find out that they're wolves later.

If a villager is lynched, we gain nothing. If a villager is jailed, in 2-3 days or so we learn who they are and can put them back in the game. That helps our numbers and not only that, but we know they are a villager - starting a COT.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:08 PM   #803
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
As the Woebegone Prison guards make their last rounds before night fall they discover the cell door to Passacaglia’s cell is wide open. After a search of the grounds Pass is nowhere to be found. Evidence collected suggests Pass is in fact alive and not dead. The evidence also suggests Pass’s escape was an inside job.

WTF?
lerriuqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:09 PM   #804
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, we certainly need to piece together what happened with Pass. Unless someone comes forward with something believable it seems we have to assume the wolves released him.

WAs there a clue in his newspaper report perhaps? He said a lot about what was in there that I was wondering if it was supposed to be significant.

I hate that the clap replacement happened at the last minute. I would have liked to have thought about it. Can he be scanned in jail? I think so. If we decide that Abe/Clap is bad should we let him sit there or off him?
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:09 PM   #805
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
But there's not really much downside. The people in jail are still removed from the game and if wolves can't do us harm. We just find out that they're wolves later.

If a villager is lynched, we gain nothing. If a villager is jailed, in 2-3 days or so we learn who they are and can put them back in the game. That helps our numbers and not only that, but we know they are a villager - starting a COT.

you are so wrong. We get history needed to make educated lynch decisions
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:11 PM   #806
KWhit
Coordinator

You keep talking about how long it takes. But we're still playing WW. There are still things that people will say and do that give us information. Nothing changes there (except our voting record is delayed). We will still be able to make our judgements about allegiences and voting patterns, but we get the benefit of 'saving' villagers that would otherwise be lynched and out of the game.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:12 PM   #807
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:

Normally that would be wroth chancing losing 2 villagers a night, but with the jailing mechanic we don't HAVE to take that chance. If you can't see that this outweighs the presumed time loss then I guess we'll jsut have to disagree.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:13 PM   #808
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

You're determined to play this like a standard WW game. It's not. The jail mechanic changes it considerably.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:16 PM   #809
USFLTecmo
H.S. Freshman Team

We've found that we can't rely on the jailing mechanic, though. I had no idea that someone could be released by anyone other than a night action. Either I missed it in the rules, or it was unpublished, which would really upset me, because I have a hard enough time with strategy when I have the rules in front of me.
USFLTecmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:18 PM   #810
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm pretty sure it was unpublished, and that Dubb siad there would be some unpublished roles/abilities. Ill go check.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:18 PM   #811
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by USFLTecmo View Post
We've found that we can't rely on the jailing mechanic, though. I had no idea that someone could be released by anyone other than a night action. Either I missed it in the rules, or it was unpublished, which would really upset me, because I have a hard enough time with strategy when I have the rules in front of me.

there really are only two reasons pass escaped.

Either The King released him or the Dark one sprung him.

So we need to take a good hard look at our liege.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:19 PM   #812
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
there really are only two reasons pass escaped.

Either The King released him or the Dark one sprung him.

So we need to take a good hard look at our liege.

Problem is both are listed in the rules as night actions and this does not come as a night action.
Danny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:20 PM   #813
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Problem is both are listed in the rules as night actions and this does not come as a night action.

Bingo.

I can't just willy-nilly free people.

So bad assumption, Render.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:21 PM   #814
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, we know hte king didn't, the rules say that has to be bolded in public for the king to release a prisoner.

So clearly this is an unpublished ability, probably of a dark one follower I would think.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:22 PM   #815
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

As dawn sets over Metou, King Schmidty rides out from the castle gates surrounded by his elite knights. As Schmidty reaches the edge of the forest he finds Tyrith. Schmidty, sword raised, bellows out “CHARGE!!!” Knights in full gallop swarm The Dark One. The Dark One uses magic to paralyze the knights and moves in to face Schmidty.

The battle is fierce; however Schmidty is no match for The Dark One and is claimed by his blade. The great King Schmidty has been slain. He was a vanilla villager prior to becoming King.

The knights, no longer stunned rise to once again face Tyrith or The Dark One as he is known. Knights surround The Dark One on all sides. The battle is fierce and The Dark One, drained by his prior magic use, is severely weakened. One of the knights finally lands the killing blow, a through and through of the abdomen. The Dark One falls to the ground dead. Tyrith was The Dark One. As the knights celebrate a flash of light explodes from The Dark One and an entity is seen leaving the body of Tyrith and heading straight into the kingdom of Metou.

1. Barkeep49
2. lerriuqs
3. USFLTechmo
4. Abe
5. MartinD
6. hoopsguy - Vanilla Villager, Killed Night 1
7. Passacaglia
8. Telle
9. The Jackal
10. Danny
11. Autumn
12. Lathum
13. SnDvls
14. RendeR
15. Chief Rum
16. saldana
17. DaddyTorgo
18. Tyrith - The Dark One, Duked Day 2 by Schmidty
19. path12
20. KWhit
21. Schmidty - Elected King Day 1, Killed Day 2 by Tyrith, Vanilla Villager

Night Actions for Night 2 are due by 10a est Wednesday

Last edited by dubb93 : 06-09-2009 at 11:39 PM.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:22 PM   #816
Autumn
Head Coach

From the rules:

"It can be assumed there will be other light aura/dark aura roles that do not carry an actual name with them. These roles could either be standard werewolf roles or roles unique to this game."
Old 06-09-2009, 10:22 PM   #817
Danny
Head Coach

Schmidty you rock!!!
Old 06-09-2009, 10:22 PM   #818
USFLTecmo
H.S. Freshman Team

I have zero faith left in jailing, then.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:22 PM   #819
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by USFLTecmo View Post

That's true and is the one thing that throws off the strategy in my mind. Now I don't know what the best course of action is.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:23 PM   #820
Autumn
Head Coach

W

T

F
Old 06-09-2009, 10:23 PM   #821
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:

I find this....annoying, but you are indeed correct as I reread the roles.

well fuck then, if we don't know what to trust we're pretty screwed.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:23 PM   #822
Schmidty
Coordinator

WOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Old 06-09-2009, 10:23 PM   #823
Autumn
Head Coach

Okay, I don't understand this game at all. How did any of htat happen, during the day, with no public notice at all??????
Old 06-09-2009, 10:24 PM   #824
USFLTecmo
H.S. Freshman Team

Of course, I post that just as we find the Dark One defeated. Great. More thinking to do now.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:24 PM   #825
KWhit
Coordinator

Wow. That was a pleasant surprise. Did anybody have any reason to suspect Tyrith?
Old 06-09-2009, 10:24 PM   #826
Autumn
Head Coach

Wait, so he duked? And just guessed really right? But died 'cause DO is a brutal?

I guess it's starting to make sense. This is the third game in a row I think that we've had a MIRACULOUS duke move.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:24 PM   #827
Tyrith
College Starter

Schmidty, you sir don't get to talk anymore.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:25 PM   #828
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Wow...I have no idea what to make of what's going on but great work Schmidty
Old 06-09-2009, 10:27 PM   #829
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
Schmidty, you sir don't get to talk anymore.

Sorry.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:27 PM   #830
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerriuqs View Post
Wow...I have no idea what to make of what's going on but great work Schmidty

I actually think it was a horrible move.

Did we get lucky, yes. But alot more things can go bad then good by making that move.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:28 PM   #831
Autumn
Head Coach

I did, KWhit, he was pinging me in discussion today, I'll have to look and see what it was he said. He was arguing with me about something and so I wasn't sure if it was just because he was arguing with me that he was pinging me.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:28 PM   #832
KWhit
Coordinator

Good job Schmidty.

At first glance, I think it important to note that Tyrith was trying to steer today's vote away from clap/abe near the deadline.

Let me pull up some posts.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:28 PM   #833
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
I actually think it was a horrible move.

Did we get lucky, yes. But alot more things can go bad then good by making that move.

Actually it was a solid move, I think it unlikely both jail candidates were bad and I had a similar read of Tyrith towards the deadline that Schmidty did.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:29 PM   #834
Autumn
Head Coach

THanks KWhit, I want to do that too.

The wolves must be crying their eyes out right now, that's amazing.

So we vote for King tomorrow I presume.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:30 PM   #835
Danny
Head Coach

We also have some voting record to go on now.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:31 PM   #836
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Holy Cow! Way to go, Schmidty!

I feel like serenading you with A Candle In The Wind, re-done in your honor.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:31 PM   #837
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Actually it was a solid move, I think it unlikely both jail candidates were bad and I had a similar read of Tyrith towards the deadline that Schmidty did.

The odds on him hitting a villager with a roll are just as good if not better then hitting a wolf.

Like I said, stupid move that got lucky.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:33 PM   #838
Telle
College Starter

Wow
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:33 PM   #839
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Wait, so he duked? And just guessed really right? But died 'cause DO is a brutal?

I guess it's starting to make sense. This is the third game in a row I think that we've had a MIRACULOUS duke move.

Does this count mine? Because mine wasn't miraculous, it was just freakin' brilliant.

(Not like this, though, damn, Schmidty, can't wait to talk to you after the game to see what you saw)

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:34 PM   #840
RendeR
Coordinator

Wow, I mean, great result, but what the hell did you all see in Tyrith that would hint at his being teh dark one? I didn't see anything other than his continued arguing that was abnormal for him and its WW, everyone argues.

So, we need a new King tomorrow, and Dark one is dead. While all done by sheer dumb luck I have to think we're sitting pretty right now.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:34 PM   #841
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I did, KWhit, he was pinging me in discussion today, I'll have to look and see what it was he said. He was arguing with me about something and so I wasn't sure if it was just because he was arguing with me that he was pinging me.

He was part of that back and forth you, I and he were having about the merits of jailing and lynching, just before KWhit got in it, I believe.

Old 06-09-2009, 10:34 PM   #842
KWhit
Coordinator

A bunch of Tyrith posts made within an hour of lynch after clap sort of went crazy. And don't forget that we had the run on clap partially because he said he was told to come here and not get lynched.

Quote:
In light of new events - I think this was clap being clap and not clap being a wolf.

Quote:
Does anyone really think Abe/clap is bad at this point?

Quote:
Well, no one is saying anything and we're just sitting on the fact that the person about to go to jail is mostly going to jail because the player they succeeded seemed to be on some kind of tilt today.

Quote:
Honestly, I think the vote should be just about anything other than what it is at this point.

Quote:
I'd rather not - this seems like something that needs to be talked about. But I really don't like putting Abe in jail; this whole clap thing was just a mess.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:35 PM   #843
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Holy Cow! Way to go, Schmidty!

I feel like serenading you with A Candle In The Wind, re-done in your honor.

this has me laughing very loud
Old 06-09-2009, 10:36 PM   #844
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Does this count mine? Because mine wasn't miraculous, it was just freakin' brilliant.

(Not like this, though, damn, Schmidty, can't wait to talk to you after the game to see what you saw)

Yes, you, and I forget who it was did the other one. Just the last few games. All the games i've been in lately have been filled with horrible villager voting and great BG/Duke moves.

oh maybe I'm thinking of that totally random block someone had same game as you duked.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:37 PM   #845
Danny
Head Coach

He also seemed to be slightly nudging or reinforcing Schmidty using his duke ability, likely on Pass or Kwhit he had to be thinking.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:38 PM   #846
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
The odds on him hitting a villager with a roll are just as good if not better then hitting a wolf.

Like I said, stupid move that got lucky.

i don't care how stupid it is, he just took out a gigantic threat, I mean the DO was at least 50% of the bad guy's danger to us. Amazing chance for us.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:39 PM   #847
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
As the knights celebrate a flash of light explodes from The Dark One and an entity is seen leaving the body of Tyrith and heading straight in the kingdom of Metou.

Something to keep an eye on...Given the game, I have no idea if it means anything...but from the Game rules...

Quote:
The Dark One - The Dark One is also said to have other, more sinister powers at his disposal.

There will be other followers in service of The Dark One.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:41 PM   #848
Danny
Head Coach

Dubb, can you answer this, can the dark one leave a body and go to another or now that he is gone, he is gone?
Old 06-09-2009, 10:42 PM   #849
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
i don't care how stupid it is, he just took out a gigantic threat, I mean the DO was at least 50% of the bad guy's danger to us. Amazing chance for us.

yeah, I get it.

And if he had hit the seer or BG we would be killing him saying it was to early to make that move.

Just because you call someones all in with A 10 and they have AA and you suck out it doesn't make it a good move.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:43 PM   #850
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Heck, yeah, taking out the DO, that is absolutely huge.

You know who else is pissed? dubb! He probably feels the way I felt when Lathum bought it as Jack the Ripper on Day Two of my first game. I was like WTH!!!