Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-10-2009, 09:08 AM   #901
Danny
Head Coach

Damn, glad I got my posts in at least. Good luck guys!
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:09 AM   #902
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

well that sucks
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:11 AM   #903
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

just looking over Danny's role, I wonder if the power moves to someone else

Quote:
At its peak the Order of Righteousness once boasted nearly 20 knights. Battles with The Dark One have reduced this number to just two. Lord Righteous dresses his knights in all white.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:14 AM   #904
Autumn
Head Coach

That would be sweet, Lathum, 'cause this is a big blow to us. Presumably if his power did, the Dark One's would too so it would be a wash (or worse really).
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:15 AM   #905
Autumn
Head Coach

A lucky target by the wolves (at least lucky as far as i can see, I didn't see any clues to Danny's role). I think I agree with Danny's last comments. I don't see any reason not to lynch Abe today. Clap maybe let slip more than he should have but no reason not to use that to our advantage. I'll start the day off then and see where it takes us.

VOTE ABE TO BE LYNCHED
Old 06-10-2009, 09:18 AM   #906
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Any guesses as to who we should make king?

I think now that we know Schmidty is good we consider BK, I doubt as a wolf BK makes that early suggestion.

you've been pushing for BK-King since the first moment of the game it seems. I'm very suspicious of you because of this - in fact, you're getting my vote today, whether for lynch or jail i haven't decided
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:18 AM   #907
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think we need to hear from Pass before we jump to any conclusions but I definantly see the logic for lynching Abe
Old 06-10-2009, 09:19 AM   #908
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
you've been pushing for BK-King since the first moment of the game it seems. I'm very suspicious of you because of this - in fact, you're getting my vote today, whether for lynch or jail i haven't decided

ummm, actually, go back and read the thread, day 1 I was very much against BK as king and critical of him.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:20 AM   #909
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

okay, then my memory is just wonky
Old 06-10-2009, 09:23 AM   #910
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I worked all night last night and I'm exhausted. I'm 99% sure I sent out all the PMs I was supposed to, if not send me a PM and I will get on that when I wake up. Goodnight all.

Last edited by dubb93 : 06-10-2009 at 09:23 AM.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:24 AM   #911
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Vote jail BK

I think jailing is the way to go today. If the King can clear BK then we release him and make him the next King since as a villager I think BK would do a great job of it.

Quote:
ok, so I think thats all the more reason to jail BK. Seer scan him, BG protect him, elect him King tomorrow.

Can we elect a new king while the old king is still in power, or do we HAVE to lynch the old king?

Quote:
OK, so I am alittle freaked out about Schmidty being King, or I should say the way he came about as a possible candidate.

BK mentions, him and Schmidty says sure. Now they HAVE to know people are going to bring up Schmidtys schedule as an issue, then Schmidty plays the hurt feelings card and the I want to prove myself card and people feel bad and that could earn him some votes.

The fact that the King can't be scanned just gives me the willies, especially after witnessing the way Dubb played last game a a wolf in power.

Now I'm not saying Schmidty as a villager wouldn't do a good job, I am just saying I could see BK concoct this plan to lead us in this direction.

Quote:
I dunno about Pass, he tends to lock in at times.

I would say Path or Danny. And no way BK based on his early suggestion of Schmidty

Yeah DT, these posts of mine from Day 1 really scream support for BK
Old 06-10-2009, 09:25 AM   #912
SnDvls
Pro Starter

vote Chief Rum King
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:25 AM   #913
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
okay, then my memory is just wonky

You'd think you'd be used to this by now

As for the Abe/Clap thing, I have to agree he is a prime target as he was at the center of the whole situation that bagged us the dark one. I'm still not certain wether we should lynch or Jail.

Sucks to lose Danny. Seems like both sides are getting lucky as hell right now. Better lucky than good?

I will not vote for BK to be king, he's still very much an unknown right now. We obviously had a damned good king previously. Who should we promote for the job?
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:26 AM   #914
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
ummm, actually, go back and read the thread, day 1 I was very much against BK as king and critical of him.

True, but you have done quite an about face on him since then, pushing him above any other candidate. You told me it was because of your regard for him as a player, but I agree with DaddyT that it's a bit much.

Still, BK is one of the only players we have any sense of from how things have gone down. I don't think I'm likely to vote for him, but I would like to find someone that the circumstances of yesterday bode well for their innocence.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:26 AM   #915
SnDvls
Pro Starter

dola - I feel he's be on the up and up with us and feel he's a good choice
Old 06-10-2009, 09:27 AM   #916
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Very disappointed to see Danny taken from us. He was my most trusted to this point in the game.

There is undeniable logic in lynching Abe after what happened last night, considering the odd actions of clap.

That said, having read over what he said, I'm not convinced it is more than Clap being Clap. He is out of the way for now, and can't do anything. There isn't even a king yet to free him. I am content to let him sit there and sift through some other candidates.

I do not see Barkeep as cleared by Schmidty's goodness, BTW, although I do think it works in his favor. Were it the other way around--Schmidty fingered BK, and Schmidty came up good, that would mean something more. But BK as a wolf or the Cultist could have been doing anything in fingering Schmidty, including setting him up for an early lynch or trying to get into a CoT.

That doesn't mean "lynch BK', of course. He's still got more going for him than most in the game. But I just don't think it's wise right now to extend all that much trust on him just based on Schmidty alone.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:30 AM   #917
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Very disappointed to see Danny taken from us. He was my most trusted to this point in the game.

There is undeniable logic in lynching Abe after what happened last night, considering the odd actions of clap.

That said, having read over what he said, I'm not convinced it is more than Clap being Clap. He is out of the way for now, and can't do anything. There isn't even a king yet to free him. I am content to let him sit there and sift through some other candidates.

I do not see Barkeep as cleared by Schmidty's goodness, BTW, although I do think it works in his favor. Were it the other way around--Schmidty fingered BK, and Schmidty came up good, that would mean something more. But BK as a wolf or the Cultist could have been doing anything in fingering Schmidty, including setting him up for an early lynch or trying to get into a CoT.

That doesn't mean "lynch BK', of course. He's still got more going for him than most in the game. But I just don't think it's wise right now to extend all that much trust on him just based on Schmidty alone.

I agree with you on Barkeep.

However, Clap isn't in Jail. Schmidty duked so there is no one in jail
Old 06-10-2009, 09:30 AM   #918
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Just to clear up any potential confusion. There are zero players currently in jail.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:31 AM   #919
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

We really don't have anyone really cleared, but my point is as a wolf I don't see BK nominating Schmidty, he is to much of a maverick as proved in this game. Yes, his move turned out great for us, but I think if BK is a wolf who is looking to put someone else in power he picks someone who is alot more predictable then Schmidty.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:35 AM   #920
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
We really don't have anyone really cleared, but my point is as a wolf I don't see BK nominating Schmidty, he is to much of a maverick as proved in this game. Yes, his move turned out great for us, but I think if BK is a wolf who is looking to put someone else in power he picks someone who is alot more predictable then Schmidty.

See now I see that just the opposite LAthum.

I think if BK is a darkfriend then he would choose someone who can be very volatile, like schmidty, hoping to create chaos within the top role on the good side.

Thoughts?
Old 06-10-2009, 09:39 AM   #921
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post

I think if BK is a darkfriend then he would choose someone who can be very volatile, like schmidty, hoping to create chaos within the top role on the good side.

Thoughts?

BK is to analytical to take the chance Schmidtys volatility could backfire.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:40 AM   #922
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:

I suppose I can see that.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:41 AM   #923
Autumn
Head Coach

I've just read back through all of Tyrith's posts. I think it's clear that what pinged Schmidty was Tyrith seeming to be pushing for a duke to pass, at least as Schmidty read it. He certainly seemed desperate to get people off of Clap. With that in mind I am considering Pass as my highest King candidate at this point.

I'd like to hear more about his shenanigans so I will hold off on my vote though.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:45 AM   #924
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

however, schmidty had not made public the fact that he was going to have ALOT more availability this game yet when barkeep started the conversation...it would not be out of the realm of reason to belive BK wanted schmidty, who is popular enough to win (as proven), with the hope that he would be be limited in his involvement.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:47 AM   #925
Autumn
Head Coach

I think Tyrith's very vocal reluctance to go after BK does not speak well for Barkeep. It could be nothing but distraction and commentary, but I'm certainly not going to trust BK over others given that.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:47 AM   #926
saldana
Pro Starter

for those that dont feel like digging back for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pass's letter to the paper
Digging back through the paper you finally find it on page three. A letter written by Passacaglia:

Quote:
Things are pretty quiet here at Woebegone Prison, where all the women are strong, all the men are good looking, and all the criminals are more deadly than average. Everyone here is delighted to learn of King Schmidty's coronation, happy to see such a benevolent leader on the throne. It's a nice community here. You've got Peregrine's Pretty Good Grocery -- "If you can't find it at Peregrine's, you can probably get along (pretty good) without it." There's also Bunsen Motors, the Ford dealership owned by those brothers, Bek and Blade. Down the road from there is PurdueBrad's Auto Repair, including PurdueBrad's School of Thought, Warm Car Service, Dry Good Emporium, and Fountain Lounge. You've also got The Sidetrack Tap, run by GoldenEagle and LoneStarGirl -- "The dim little place in the dark where the pinball machine never tilts, the clock is a half-hour slow, and where love never dies."
--Passacaglia
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:47 AM   #927
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

VOTE DADDYTORGO FOR KING

I know I'm good.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:49 AM   #928
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

oh - so much for my thought of how he got out - that person isn't playing
Old 06-10-2009, 09:50 AM   #929
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Peregrine's
Bunsen's

PB's

If PB was playing I'd say PB sprung him.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:53 AM   #930
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
vote Chief Rum King

Hey, don't think I don't appreciate it, but even I wonder why you have given me support.

me myself, i am not sure whether or not I would endorse my own candidacy unless we had no one cleared to run with, and one player was as good as another.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:55 AM   #931
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
dola - I feel he's be on the up and up with us and feel he's a good choice

Oh there you go. Well, thanks for the support.

Old 06-10-2009, 09:57 AM   #932
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I agree with you on Barkeep.

However, Clap isn't in Jail. Schmidty duked so there is no one in jail

Crap, you're right.

okay, I support Abe for jail. I'm not ready to lynch him. I would like to hear what Abe has to say about clap's antics, if he has any insights.

I also very much want to hear more from Pass.

Old 06-10-2009, 09:58 AM   #933
Autumn
Head Coach

Actually I'll put my vote out there so it can be considered by others. I of course will be willing to alter it especially based on whatever we hear about his escape today.

VOTE TO ELECT PASSACAGLIA KING
Old 06-10-2009, 09:58 AM   #934
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
With that in mind I am considering Pass as my highest King candidate at this point.

Call me crazy, but I'm not voting someone to be King who may have sprung themselves out of jail
Old 06-10-2009, 09:58 AM   #935
Autumn
Head Coach

I don't think it makes sense to jail Abe. I think it makes sense to lynch him and find out his allegiance right away. That will give us a lot of info that jailing him will not.

I support jailing people we don't have much of a read on. I don't think we can ask for a better read than what we have on Clap.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:59 AM   #936
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
VOTE DADDYTORGO FOR KING

I know I'm good.

Not a fan of the self vote for King, maybe we should all do that and see what happens in an 18 way tie
Old 06-10-2009, 10:06 AM   #937
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

seems like you and me are destined to be at odds this game lathum
Old 06-10-2009, 10:08 AM   #938
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
seems like you and me are destined to be at odds this game lathum

shrug

I just don't like how you give completely false information this morning about me then vote yourself King.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:08 AM   #939
KWhit
Coordinator

Clap/Abe is a pretty obvious choice for jail or lynch tonight, and will likely get my vote unless something significant happens between now and then.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:08 AM   #940
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Oh there you go. Well, thanks for the support.

You're welcome.

Yes I realized I didn't "state my reason" for voting you king in the original and people sometimes get bent out of shape for not doing that.

WW is about hunches early on. I've played enough games with a lot of these people to have a pretty good hunch.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:10 AM   #941
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Call me crazy, but I'm not voting someone to be King who may have sprung themselves out of jail

totally agree on this.

He says he's waiting to talk about it until someone else talks first. We can only assume the "someone else" is the person who sprung him. We may never hear what happened if that has to happen.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:11 AM   #942
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
That's all fine and good, I just hope the next King doesn't go rogue without consulting us just for the sake of using their power before they get removed from office.

Why the sandy vagina? You know damn well you'd never "consult" with the group before making a decision like that, so why should Schmidty have?
Old 06-10-2009, 10:13 AM   #943
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Not a fan of the self vote for King, maybe we should all do that and see what happens in an 18 way tie

We already know what happens. No king elected, and then "dire consequences".

Old 06-10-2009, 10:13 AM   #944
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Why the sandy vagina? You know damn well you'd never "consult" with the group before making a decision like that, so why should Schmidty have?

seriously?

I would NEVER make that move as King without consulting the village, NEVER.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:14 AM   #945
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
We already know what happens. No king elected, and then "dire consequences".

I think you need your sarcasm meter turned up
Old 06-10-2009, 10:15 AM   #946
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post

Umm no offense here Path but:

LATHUM?

his name is LATHUM???
Old 06-10-2009, 10:15 AM   #947
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Actually I'll put my vote out there so it can be considered by others. I of course will be willing to alter it especially based on whatever we hear about his escape today.

VOTE TO ELECT PASSACAGLIA KING

I read your logic before, but, IMO, this is quite the leap, given we don't even know how he got out, and he himself has stated he'll have something to say about it later on.

I am more in line with Lathum and others here. We need to know a lot more about Pass before we vote him king.

Right now, I'm pretty against voting either BK or Pass king at this point.

Old 06-10-2009, 10:17 AM   #948
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think you need your sarcasm meter turned up

Well, considering your response about Schmidty's decision (perhaps right, but certainly not correct to not give him credit), I decided to go with the running logic that your judgment today seems more off than usual.

Old 06-10-2009, 10:18 AM   #949
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Umm no offense here Path but:

LATHUM?

his name is LATHUM???

I know , right, there's a fucking verb named after me for fuck's sake.

but for real, on day 2 with zero voting history, seer scans, etc... I NEVER make a move like that on my own.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:19 AM   #950
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Thoughts?

That's an interesting point. I'm neutral on BK to this point, but then again I'm neutral on most everyone right now -- with the exceptions of Pass because I can't figure out what he is waiting for on the explanation for his jailbreak and naturally the clap/Abe thing from yesterday.

For now I'm leaning one of those two directions but will wait to see what info comes out during the day.

As for King I'm leaning toward Chief, though ironically I'm a little concerned about how vocal he's been. I also think that although I haven't agreed with Autumn a whole lot that he's around and engaged enough to be a candidate as well.