Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-12-2008, 10:03 PM   #151
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Yea if New York wins they will have earned it beating such a tough team on the road at least two times since I doubt Brooklyn will lost a series against a team we have gone 12-7 against.
Commo_Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 10:09 PM   #152
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Seattle 10, Texas 6
The Seattle Supersonics were thrust into the role of spoiler and relished it, knocking off the Texas Copperheads at home. Sonics hurler Carlos Aguilar won his 14th decision of the year, while Texas's Chris Winston got roughed up, lasting on 3 2/3 innings giving up 8 earned.

The Copperheads need Colorado to lose, to even have a small shot at staying in the CL race. A win would give them a share of the league title, their first in franchise history.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 10:21 PM   #153
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Colorado 5, Rio Grande 1
Colorado clinches the Republic League pennant! Alan Hendricks threw a 4 hitter, striking out 5 in 8 innings of work, to capture his 18th win of the year. The Rancheros will now await the dust settling in the Continental League.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 07-12-2008 at 10:21 PM.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:26 PM   #154
Tellistto
College Prospect

Torturing me, DC. Never knew you were this mean.

Need to know!

Tell

Hattrick - Fizzle United (222968)
Tellistto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 10:27 PM   #155
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Hartford 10, New York 7
The Highlanders lose to the spoilers from Hartford. If Brooklyn wins, they'll inch close to capturing their first CL pennant. Vincente Reyes gave up 7 earned in 6 innings of work, striking out 3. Hartford's Mark Johnson got the win, Pete McKeane his 30th save.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:29 PM   #156
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Baltimore 2, Brooklyn 1
Tom Williams overpowers the Brownstones who had one eye on the scoreboard all night. He threw 8 innings of two hit ball, striking out 9 and walking just 2. Taylor Patrick notched his 38th save in the victory, while Brooklyn's Keith Erickson (13-12) lost his 12th game of the year, walking six and striking out 4 in the loss.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:33 PM   #157
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellistto View Post
Torturing me, DC. Never knew you were this mean.

Need to know!

Tell

It's not my fault. I'm visiting my distraction this weekend...so I'm sneaking these in as I can.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:35 PM   #158
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Wednesday September 14, 1966
TWO GAMES TO GO!

Baltimore 4 Brooklyn 0

New York 5, Hartford 4

The defending champs have a one-game lead heading into the FINAL DAY OF THE SEASON!
Old 07-12-2008, 10:36 PM   #159
Tellistto
College Prospect

I was just teasing you, DC. I'm enjoying the suspense, to be honest. Now if only Kay can pull a good game out his rear in the final game of the season. I assume it was Dooley in this last game, and Kay for the next.

Tell

Old 07-12-2008, 10:49 PM   #160
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

If New York wins, they will clinch the CL title for the second straight year. If they lose, Brooklyn obviously will need to win to cause a playoff. What kind of playoff, you say? We're gonna do it the way they do it old-school. Best-of-five game set for a tiebreaker. But first...let's see if we need a tiebreaker at all.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:54 PM   #161
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Wow.

Just wow.
9/15/66
Hartford 4, New York 1

Last edited by Young Drachma : 07-12-2008 at 10:54 PM.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:56 PM   #162
Tellistto
College Prospect

Booo! Dern team choked there.

Tell

Old 07-12-2008, 10:57 PM   #163
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

You probably think I was wowing for the result above. But nope. The real story here?

Baltimore 4, Brooklyn 2
How about the Terrapins SWEEPING the Brownstones and single-handedly keeping them out of what would've otherwise been a battle for the playoffs.

New York wins the CL for the 2nd straight year.

New York v. Colorado in the 1966 FOOL Classic tomorrow night.

File is packing now. I'll indicate when it's online and ready to go.

What. a. season!
Old 07-12-2008, 10:59 PM   #164
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

What an epic year. A real season for the ages. My most favourite season in FOOL in all of the six seasons we've had. It was uber competitive from start to finish and everything. Can't wait to pour over the stats and pick the award winners and of course, getting in another AMAZING championship series between the best our leagues have to offer.

Great work by EVERYONE.

Surprise team of the year HAS to go to Ann Arbor. They were in the race to the final weekend. On the RL side? I'd say St. Petersburg. I didn't think we had the goods to make it as far as we did and we hung tough. I'm massively impressed with them, to put it mildly.
Old 07-12-2008, 11:00 PM   #165
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I would've LOVED to see a subway series between the two New York teams as a tiebreaker. Too bad Brooklyn couldn't get the job done. But maybe this is the start of a rivalry? I'd hope so...
Old 07-12-2008, 11:02 PM   #166
Tellistto
College Prospect

My team still choked in the final day, not happy about that. No sense of urgency. That's no way to go into the playoffs!

Tell

Old 07-12-2008, 11:27 PM   #167
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

File is up.
Old 07-13-2008, 03:38 AM   #168
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
ATTENDANCE (as of September 6, 1966)
----

Might be time for the Rancheros to head to Los Angeles?

Heh...I wouldn't be concerned. That's just because of the $20 ticket price. Check out my gate revenue--last I saw, fourth in the league.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 05:10 AM   #169
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Wow, what a terrific season. Hopefully it will be an equally great FOOL Classic.

Good luck, Tellisto. I am going to do my best to prevent back-to-back titles.

We seem to be falling into baseball's rut--of the seven teams in serious pennant chase contention--NY, Brooklyn, Hartford, Ann Arbor, Colorado, Texas and St. Pete, only Texas (11th overall) failed to have Player Expenses in the top half of the league.

Proof is in the pudding, wherever baseball is played--spend the money, and wins are likely to follow (but kudos to Huck for trumping that).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 07-13-2008, 06:51 AM   #170
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Texas spent money where they needed to and had the right kids produce at the right times. Heck of a year by them. Another close but no cigar situation for the boys in Hartford, too. Valdosta's owner seems to have a good grasp of his situation. Congrats on Colorado winning the first post-St. Louis RL pennant. You all have been around the since the beginning and so, I'm glad to see one of the original franchises -- especially one that's come so close before -- capture the title.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 07-13-2008 at 06:52 AM.
Old 07-13-2008, 07:45 AM   #171
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I woke up and my team was in a new city...

LOS ANGELES -- Remember how there was an expansion team in St. Petersburg, Florida? Remember how that team played there for an entire season and almost managed to win its way into the playoffs during its first season?

Well, forget you ever knew that.

Pelicans sent a press release this morning at 5am eastern time indicating a change of...heart? venue? We're not sure. But in any case, here's the official memo via telegraph:

We would like to think the city of St. Petersburg for an excellent year hosting our ballclub for the 1966 season. We are pleased to announce that we will be moving to brand-new Robinson Park for the 1967 season and beyond, in lovely Compton, California. We are happy to be the first FOOL franchise to inhabit the State of California and look forward to many, many seasons of success as the Compton Brothers Professional Baseball Club.

Please refer to the former St. Petersburg Base Ball Club as such in all subsequent references, as well as historically.

Thank you for your cooperation and support of Brothers/Pelicans baseball.

###
Nothing follows.

My inspiration? is comment #6 on that particular post.

I say do a land swap--tear down Dodger Stadium and build a HOPE-VI style housing project in its place, and then tear down Imperial Courts in Watts and build the new ballpark there. It'd be right by the 105 and the Imperial/Wilmington station on the Blue and Green Lines.

Crime? Blah, blah, blah.

So sounds like a plan. Chavez Ravine is home to a housing project. Imperial Courts in Watts? A baseball stadium. What riots? James Brown concert? Nope. Try a Compton Brothers baseball game. Book that.

View Larger Map

Last edited by Young Drachma : 07-13-2008 at 07:52 AM.
Old 07-13-2008, 07:53 AM   #172
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Other champions:

Triple-A: Lynden (BKN) def. Jersey City (StP)
Double-A: Savannah (StP) def. Montgomery (COL)
Single-A: Fremont (HAR) def. Jacksonville (StP)
SS-A: Butler (HAR) def. Bridgman (ANN)
Rookie: Luxora (BKN) def. Orlando (CGO)
College: Whitter College
Old 07-13-2008, 08:32 AM   #173
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Texas spent money where they needed to and had the right kids produce at the right times. Heck of a year by them. Another close but no cigar situation for the boys in Hartford, too. Valdosta's owner seems to have a good grasp of his situation. Congrats on Colorado winning the first post-St. Louis RL pennant. You all have been around the since the beginning and so, I'm glad to see one of the original franchises -- especially one that's come so close before -- capture the title.

Yep, this season went pretty much like I expected. We actually had a .597 winning pct at home, which I have to assume is one of the better home records in the league. I think the big killer for us was free agency not being able to spend the money we had as everyone we offered money to turned us down for small offers.

Good to see though that the team performed as planned.. now some big decisions to be made on potential Free agents for us.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 09:30 AM   #174
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellistto View Post
My team still choked in the final day, not happy about that. No sense of urgency. That's no way to go into the playoffs!

Tell

Talk about choking I would have never thought we would get swept by Baltimore. GL in the playoffs with your Highlanders Tell!
Old 07-13-2008, 10:20 AM   #175
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Maybe I did not notice before but It appears the the projected budget next year for everyteam is going to be going down. If that is indeed the case could be a tight spending year in FA.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:29 AM   #176
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Congrats Tell and CR.

CR, Rio Grande was just thrilled we could let you sweep us in your final series of the season to lock it up.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:33 AM   #177
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

dola- DC, did you mess with my pitching mound? Two thirds of my 3 top starters had down years. Less Ks, higher ERA, BBs about the same, higher AVG against.

Hope they bounce back next season.

And love the COmpton move.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:50 AM   #178
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
dola- DC, did you mess with my pitching mound? Two thirds of my 3 top starters had down years. Less Ks, higher ERA, BBs about the same, higher AVG against.

Hope they bounce back next season.

And love the COmpton move.

No, of course not.

New patch of OOTP out. When everyone has it, then I'll go ahead and upgrade too.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:56 AM   #179
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commo_Soldier View Post
Maybe I did not notice before but It appears the the projected budget next year for everyteam is going to be going down. If that is indeed the case could be a tight spending year in FA.

That's strange. Cash maximum will go up next year to $35 million. The project budget thing doesn't mean much, because I don't know if it really counts how much you have versus what you've spent or anything. I think essentially that because of the way OOTP works, each team in the league ought to know that they can spend up to $65 million, that running into the red and all of that doesn't matter, really. If the game prevents it from happening, that's one thing. But...if it doesn't, then it's all good.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:24 AM   #180
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Here's the cap room situation by team:

1966 OFFSEASON CAP ROOM
-------
Ann Arbor: $10,535,000
Baltimore: $19,390,000
Boston: $897,100
Brooklyn: $792,423
Charleston: $3,140,000
Chicago: $25,247,855
Colorado: $7,781,000
Compton: $7,440,000
El Paso: $26,047,503
Hartford: $2,175,000
Long Beach Island: $38,965,000
New York: $6,745,000
Rio Grande: $14,095,000
Seattle: $7,210,037
Texas: $17,500,000
Valdosta: $9,548,781
Old 07-13-2008, 12:03 PM   #181
Huckleberry
College Starter

It's nice to be a good team with lots of cap room. Would be even nicer if the free agents would sign with me when I offer them a boatload of money instead of signing minor league contracts elsewhere. I do not have that much cap room by choice.

The Barking Carnival (Longhorn-centered sports blog)
College Football Adjusted Stats and Ratings
Huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 12:44 PM   #182
Tellistto
College Prospect

I've updated my game to the new patch, assumed the plan was to do that before tonight and be all up to date.

I rather like the new manager home page layout.

Tell

Old 07-13-2008, 01:06 PM   #183
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
That's strange. Cash maximum will go up next year to $35 million. The project budget thing doesn't mean much, because I don't know if it really counts how much you have versus what you've spent or anything. I think essentially that because of the way OOTP works, each team in the league ought to know that they can spend up to $65 million, that running into the red and all of that doesn't matter, really. If the game prevents it from happening, that's one thing. But...if it doesn't, then it's all good.

If I offer a contract that goes over my budget I get a message stating my owner does not approve and I can't submit the offer.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:25 PM   #184
muns
Pro Starter

Wow, i leave for the weekend and this all happens!!! Awesome stuff guys.. Hell of a season. I gotta DL all this stuff and take a looksy. Looks like We got some stuff to fix in Hartford. Shit the bed down the stretch...
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 02:36 PM   #185
muns
Pro Starter

ya know its pretty damn sad when i look at the 7 stats categories on our main page, and in the CL i finished first in 5 of them, second in one, and 5th in homeruns..... good for a whopping third in the division
Old 07-13-2008, 04:52 PM   #186
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I have uploaded my file for the FOOL Classic. Good luck, Tell.

Old 07-13-2008, 05:46 PM   #187
Tellistto
College Prospect

Mine is uploaded as well. Good luck to you as well.

Tell

Old 07-13-2008, 06:20 PM   #188
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commo_Soldier View Post
If I offer a contract that goes over my budget I get a message stating my owner does not approve and I can't submit the offer.

That's what ought to happen.
Old 07-13-2008, 06:47 PM   #189
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I'm changing the minor league ballparks to the same stadium as that of the major league team. OOTP doesn't know the difference of schedule matchups and I know for me, I'd like it because it'd give me the chance to read minor league stats without worrying about stadium factors or differences. For those teams that have the same ballpark factors, it won't matter, so I won't change anything.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 07-13-2008 at 06:52 PM.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:06 PM   #190
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

WELCOME TO FOOLtv Coverage of the 1966 FOOL Classic!
For the first time in FOOL History, the Republic League is represented by a team outside of St. Louis, as the Colorado Rancheros will take on the Continental League's back-to-back Champions, the New York Highlanders.

Hi, I'm Marty Kay, here with me is Roger Caldwell. Are you excited, Rog?

"You bet I am. This has been the best season yet in FOOL. I can't wait to see how all of the tomFOOLery shakes out!"

New York was second in the CL in both ERA and batting this year. They're balanced, led by pitcher of the year candidate Steve Dooley who won 19 games this past year and future hall of famer Fernando Spindola who logged 106 RBI this past year.

Over in Colorado, the Rancheros dominated the Republic league. They were tops are near tops in most major categories. They've got a pitching staff that you'd expect from an RL team too.

"That's right. They've got a three headed monster in Pablo Gonzalez, a 20-game winner, 18-game winner Alden Hendricks and 17-game winner Doug Proctor. There isn't a rest in the bunch, huh?"

Sure isn't. On the offensive side, they are led by Christian Larsen and his .335 batting average, Santiago Gonzalez led the team in RBI with 84. They are well balanced and will put up a lot of fight.

So there you have it. Another epic FOOL Classic is about to get underway!
Old 07-13-2008, 09:08 PM   #191
muns
Pro Starter

Sweet!!! Love what your doing DC
Old 07-13-2008, 09:08 PM   #192
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

1966 FOOL CLASSIC
----
GAME 1: (@ COLORADO) Colorado 7, New York 6
New York put up 4 in the ninth to get within a run, but ran out of gas and the Rancheros escape with a victory in their first ever FOOL Classic appearance

Last edited by Young Drachma : 07-13-2008 at 09:09 PM.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:10 PM   #193
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

GAME 2: NEW YORK 4, Colorado 3
Steve Dooley threw 7 innings, giving up 8 hits, 2 earned and striking out 4 in the victory, tying the series at 1-1. Fernando Spindola went 2 for 3 with an RBI and a walk. Christian Larsen went 3 for 5 with two doubles in the loss.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 07-13-2008 at 09:10 PM.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:17 PM   #194
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

GAME 3: (@ NEW YORK) COLORADO 4, New York 2 (10 innings)
Alden Hendricks threw 9 innings for Colorado, giving up 4 hits, striking out 9 and walking just 1. The Rancheros put up 2 runs in the top of the 10th and Walt Withecombe nailed it down in the 10th to get the save and put Colorado up 2 games to 1 in the series.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:18 PM   #195
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

GAME 4: NEW YORK 3, Colorado 0
Kelvin Browne went eight innings, giving up just 3 hits and striking out six, to tie the series at 2-2.[/i]

Last edited by Young Drachma : 07-13-2008 at 09:19 PM.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:20 PM   #196
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

GAME 5: (@ COLORADO)
COLORADO 3, New York 2

Pablo Gonzalez gets his second win of the Classic, after throwing 7 1/3 innings, striking out eight and giving up 2 earned. Withecombe gets his third post-season save and the Rancheros are 2 wins away from their first title.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:22 PM   #197
muns
Pro Starter

another evenly matched series

Last edited by muns : 07-13-2008 at 09:23 PM.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:22 PM   #198
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

GAME 6: NEW YORK 14, Colorado 4
The floodgates opened as the Highlanders piled it on all game long. a five-run third inning broke the door open and a five-run ninth just added insult to injury. The series is now tied at 3 games apiece.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:25 PM   #199
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

GAME 7: (@ NEW YORK)
NEW YORK 6, Colorado 4
Hideaki Tanaka hit a homer and had 3 RBI in New York's victory at home. They are now just one win away from a repeat title, becoming the third straight team to go back-to-back.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:33 PM   #200
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

GAME 8: COLORADO 4, New York 2
For the first time since the FOOL Classic switched to a best-of-nine game tilt, the series has never gone the distance until now. Colorado tacked on an insurance run in the top of the 8th to win 4-2 and tie the series at 4 games apiece. Withecombe earned his 4th save of the postseason. Nelson Valdes earned the win, throwing a 3 hitter in six innings, striking out 4. Joe Mack went 3-4 with two triples.