Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-10-2008, 05:22 AM   #351
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Why am I posting this here? To get the season thread to eight pages on a 50 post per page setting (which is what mine is set at). It delights me no little bit to think the whole league will wake up, look at the size of the thread now, and go WTF, I gotta read all that?

Yes, I am sadistic that way.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 05:34 AM   #352
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I'm loading the updated league file right now so can't check to be sure, but I thought for some reason we had personalities off in this league which would mean loyalty wouldn't play a part in this league's contract renegotiations

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 05:39 AM   #353
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I'm loading the updated league file right now so can't check to be sure, but I thought for some reason we had personalities off in this league which would mean loyalty wouldn't play a part in this league's contract renegotiations

They are off, I was not sure if they were in this league or not.
Commo_Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 05:48 AM   #354
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I have a love hate relationship with this salary cap. I'm glad we have kept it where it is, but this offseason is going to hurt badly. I'm already almost 4 million over cap for next year, have two good players that I can't afford to keep and going to have to look at releasing or trading someone else as well to get under cap.

Old 08-10-2008, 05:52 AM   #355
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I have a love hate relationship with this salary cap. I'm glad we have kept it where it is, but this offseason is going to hurt badly. I'm already almost 4 million over cap for next year, have two good players that I can't afford to keep and going to have to look at releasing or trading someone else as well to get under cap.

Well, no one forced you to make that deal for Wilson.

(note: this is made without knowing a darn thing about Wilson, including his current contract--only noting the Davis-like price Alan paid to get him).

BTW, congrats on the championship, Alan! You're now allowed into the champions hall for deviled eggs, cocktail weiners and sherry. Don't tell the non-champs; it's a secret.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 08-10-2008 at 05:54 AM.
Old 08-10-2008, 05:59 AM   #356
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post

(note: this is made without knowing a darn thing about Wilson, including his current contract--only noting the Davis-like price Alan paid to get him).

BTW, congrats on the championship, Alan! You're now allowed into the champions hall for deviled eggs, cocktail weiners and sherry. Don't tell the non-champs; it's a secret.

Yes congrats Alan on your victory, but we will be gunning for you again this next year.

I am sad however as I never received any deviled eggs
Old 08-10-2008, 06:01 AM   #357
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Wilson is league minimum first year of arbitration guy, with the contracts I traded in the deal to get him, it almost balanced itself out anyways. He's not the problem with my salary cap. More likely it is the $23 million going to Prado and Inman instead

Old 08-10-2008, 06:01 AM   #358
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commo_Soldier View Post
Yes congrats Alan on your victory, but we will be gunning for you again this next year.

I am sad however as I never received any deviled eggs

Oh, no, it's always open to past champs, so you're welcome in there. Like always having a green jacket for winning the Masters. I am in the hall right now, chatting up a couple debutantes wearing low hanging bodices.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 08-10-2008 at 06:02 AM.
Old 08-10-2008, 06:01 AM   #359
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

By the way, I love deviled eggs, so that was the best reward of them all!

Old 08-10-2008, 06:03 AM   #360
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Wilson is league minimum first year of arbitration guy, with the contracts I traded in the deal to get him, it almost balanced itself out anyways. He's not the problem with my salary cap. More likely it is the $23 million going to Prado and Inman instead

$23 M? Rookie. I have $29 M dedicated to Larsen and Miyahara alone this year. $30M plus next year (if I keep Larsen at his option year price).

Old 08-10-2008, 06:05 AM   #361
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
By the way, I love deviled eggs, so that was the best reward of them all!

So do I. Actually, it's funny. I never see more than a plate of them made, and they're not the sort of thing you stack on top of one another. So depending on the size of the plate, you're maybe talking 10-20 of them at most. But I always think I could eat a ton of them. It always disappoints me when I am forced by manners to only take one (maybe two if no one's looking).

Old 08-10-2008, 06:09 AM   #362
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

I tried looking for your posts on the draft issue, but was unable to find it so....
We got a reply on the draft list issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutLaw
Just in case, could someone point us to a set of league files from this point in time that might be hosted for a little while, or upload a zipped copy of the league's .dat files and let us know the filename per these instructions:

How to FTP Files to Us

Or, have any of you seen this problem in another league as well?
Old 08-10-2008, 06:09 AM   #363
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So do I. Actually, it's funny. I never see more than a plate of them made, and they're not the sort of thing you stack on top of one another. So depending on the size of the plate, you're maybe talking 10-20 of them at most. But I always think I could eat a ton of them. It always disappoints me when I am forced by manners to only take one (maybe two if no one's looking).

I almost always will take one, throw the entire thing in my mouth, then grab two more on my plate and one last one to hold as I walk away. Some things as good as deviled eggs allow you to be uncivilized.

Old 08-10-2008, 06:10 AM   #364
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commo_Soldier View Post
I tried looking for your posts on the draft issue, but was unable to find it so....
We got a reply on the draft list issue.

Once they log an issue the post is usually moved to a different folder.

Old 08-10-2008, 09:05 AM   #365
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Skipping over all the sim schedule drama, I don't like the spoiler tags around the FOOL Classic posts. I like skimming through the next morning (as I'm not up at midnight), and I'm not going to take the time to click each spoiler, so I miss the drama.

Another concern I have is the changes to the financial model. While I appreciate that this is a fast league and needs to be interesting to DC, if this continues to be a tinkering league with an inconsistent set of rules season to season, I'll be giving up my team to someone else, as I can't keep up.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:24 AM   #366
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
Skipping over all the sim schedule drama, I don't like the spoiler tags around the FOOL Classic posts. I like skimming through the next morning (as I'm not up at midnight), and I'm not going to take the time to click each spoiler, so I miss the drama.

Another concern I have is the changes to the financial model. While I appreciate that this is a fast league and needs to be interesting to DC, if this continues to be a tinkering league with an inconsistent set of rules season to season, I'll be giving up my team to someone else, as I can't keep up.

I was just trying that out for this year. We won't do it again, 'cuz it's kinda clumsy.

The tinkering is officially over. See the offseason thread for more details.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:29 AM   #367
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I actually agree with the comments you had about the financial changes but was looking for a good way to put it into words. I first think the changes are quite drastic and ones that are pretty tough to prepare for with so little warning, but on top of that I am not sure that I even like the changes in the first place.

Now keep in mind, I haven't as far as I am aware to this day cut anyone to take advantage of the large max cash pool... but that seems to be a pretty drastic change to have happened especially without any kind of vote.

I think I personally still would like to let things settle in for several seasons and then see where we are at and what needs to be adjusted before too many more changes. It seems like right now something new is changing every year sometimes minor, othertimes quite major.

I don't think it hurts anything at all to let 5-10 years pass without any further major changes (like this financial change), and see how things go. I mean in this league 5-10 years is only really 1-3 months of real time anyways. I think it would be perfectly acceptable to leave open the possibility of a change if needed (for league balance reasons) as they come up, but anything that urgent should be voted on anyhows.

I am hoping in the case of the financial changes that were proposed, that they are not done after all, or at least a vote is taken to see if the league as a majority feels it is important enough of an issue to change. I guess I'm just looking for some kind of stability is all

Old 08-10-2008, 11:33 AM   #368
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Man, one thing I kept meaning to bring up and forgot:

The last game of the regular season between Boston and Compton was quite the thriller. It was 3-3 at the end of 9, 4-4 at the end of 10, 5-5 at the end of 12, and then Compton plated 2 in the bottom of the 14th to win 7-5.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:35 AM   #369
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
I don't think it hurts anything at all to let 5-10 years pass without any further major changes (like this financial change), and see how things go. I mean in this league 5-10 years is only really 1-3 months of real time anyways. I think it would be perfectly acceptable to leave open the possibility of a change if needed (for league balance reasons) as they come up, but anything that urgent should be voted on anyhows.

I am hoping in the case of the financial changes that were proposed, that they are not done after all, or at least a vote is taken to see if the league as a majority feels it is important enough of an issue to change. I guess I'm just looking for some kind of stability is all

I posted an amendment on that thread. I changed the cash max to match the media money, which right now is $32 million for each team. So each team will be able to carry over $32 million.

I'm posting a new thread, but I basically just want to say, "the era is tinkering is over" and that we're gonna follow the rules as we have them, with the schedule as we have it, unless something else comes up to prevent that and everyone is notified and asked what they wanna do.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 11:37 AM   #370
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Man, one thing I kept meaning to bring up and forgot:

The last game of the regular season between Boston and Compton was quite the thriller. It was 3-3 at the end of 9, 4-4 at the end of 10, 5-5 at the end of 12, and then Compton plated 2 in the bottom of the 14th to win 7-5.

Way to give the fans their money's worth to end the year. Good stuff.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:38 AM   #371
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Also discovering that in Ryan Cook's last two losses, he gave up 4 runs and 5 runs respectively, only one of which in each contest was actually earned. I need to track down those fielders...
Old 08-10-2008, 11:40 AM   #372
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Also discovering that in Ryan Cook's last two losses, he gave up 4 runs and 5 runs respectively, only one of which in each contest was actually earned. I need to track down those fielders...

He was robbed for the POY award. Though I suspect he'll win lots of 'em at this rate before it's all said and done.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:42 AM   #373
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

1971 Off-season Thread - Front Office Football Central