Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-16-2008, 12:14 AM   #101
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

1971 ALL-STAR TEAMS
Code:
Leading the way for the Continental League All-Stars will be: SP C. Gonzáles (VAL) SP D. Barajas (ATL) SP T. Sparks (RG) SP J. Garner (VAL) SP C. Wilson (VAL) SP W. O'Neal (VAL) CL A. Barbosa (VAL) CL M. Lott (NYH) CL T. Patrick (BAL) CL G. Arrojo (BKN) CL S. Miller (ATL) MR R. Pagán (RG) 3B R. Inman (VAL) 2B B. Harris (ATL) CF E. Reyes (VAL) RF R. Pagán (VAL) LF G. Sánchez (BAL) SS O. Yamazaki (BKN) 1B B. Gibbs (VAL) C D. Long (VAL) C H. Tanaka (RG) CF R. Lang (BKN) LF C. Vázquez (ATL) RF L. Parker (RG) LF A. Samaripa (TEX) 1B T. Reilly (RG) 1B J. Higman (BKN) 2B C. Daniels (RG) While the Republic League will feature these star players: SP C. Davis (COL) SP I. Beens (COL) SP P. González (COL) SP T. Williams (COM) SP J. MacDonald (BOS) SP J. Guzmán (ANN) CL A. Dailey (COM) CL J. Jackson (CLB) CL P. Castillo (COL) CL D. Hennessey (HAR) CL X. Tien (QCY) CL P. Gilbert (BOS) 1B M. Brooks (COM) RF M. Rasmussen (QCY) 2B J. Bruce (BOS) 3B A. Vargas (CLB) LF J. Hunt (BOS) SS V. Mercado (ANN) CF T. Fournier (QCY) C Á. Ramírez (CLB) C S. Jones (BOS) 1B L. Mendoza (QCY) RF R. Richardson (CLB) 1B J. López (BOS) 3B C. Foster (ElP) RF R. Wildridge (ANN) 1B T. Campbell (ANN) RF M. Suárez (ElP)
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 12:17 AM   #102
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I can't help myself. We'll go the rest of the way.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:18 AM   #103
JimmyOOTP
Mascot

Haha that a boy!
Old 08-16-2008, 12:22 AM   #104
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

1971 FINAL STANDINGS

Code:
Continental League Standings W L PCT GB Valdosta Peanuts 108 46 .701 - Atlanta Firecrackers 81 73 .526 27.0 Brooklyn Brownstones 80 74 .519 28.0 Rio Grande Roadrunners 75 79 .487 33.0 Toronto Atlantics 73 81 .474 35.0 New York Highlanders 70 84 .455 38.0 Baltimore Terrapins 68 86 .442 40.0 Texas Copperheads 61 93 .396 47.0 Republic League Standings W L PCT GB Colorado Rancheros 88 66 .571 - Ann Arbor Wolverines 85 69 .552 3.0 Compton Brothers 85 69 .552 3.0 Quad City Thunderstorms 83 71 .539 5.0 Boston Settlers 81 73 .526 7.0 Columbus Crusaders 67 87 .435 21.0 El Paso Alligators 67 87 .435 21.0 Hartford Harpooners 60 94 .390 28.0

For the first time since 1968, the Colorado Rancheros are back in the FOOL Classic. And looking for their 2nd straight title and winning their 3rd league title are the Valdosta Peanuts.

Disappointed with my season in Quad City that we didn't have the horses down the stretch, but proud that we made it this far, our first winning season in franchise history, after just my second year here. Compton and Ann Arbor will split the playoff share for 2nd place and Ann Arbor finishes second for the fourth straight year.

Atlanta, really proud of you guys for finishing 2nd and in the money for the first time ever or at least, since the franchise left Charleston.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 08-16-2008 at 12:27 AM.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:22 AM   #105
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

League file is processing and uploading now, I'll post when it's done.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:30 AM   #106
JimmyOOTP
Mascot

Good job Valdosta. Didn't expect anything less from that great team again this year.

Even though i thought deep down inside that compton could win again this year, I knew if we didn't that colorado would as i said in a previous post.

Ann Arbor again did a good job with fighting till the end as usual.

Quad city is somewhat of a surprise to me this year. Although they have great pitching, i thought they would be sticking around the middle of the pack which they did but with a winning record which is a positive for their future.

GJ colorado and Valdosta and GL in the classic.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:58 AM   #107
allpro10050
Mascot

allpro10050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 01:06 AM   #108
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

File is up. Sunday is the FOOL Classic!
Old 08-16-2008, 06:55 AM   #109
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I haven't looked at the file yet, but all I can say is wow. Based on the all star team picks, I can only guess I had some pretty good career years from some fill in players. Am excited to play Chief in the classic, I am sad that he won't be around for it though.

DC, did Chief submit any orders via PM or anything for just in case he got to the Fool classic? If he didn't and obviously doesn't have any opportunity to, then I will just leave my roster alone as well to be sporting.

Last edited by Alan T : 08-16-2008 at 06:56 AM.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 07:31 AM   #110
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Now that I have looked at the file.. some comments on the season from my team...

My 5th starter Joel Garner went 20-1, mostly thanks to the hitters averaging 5.07 runs scored per game for him, but still getting that from my 5th starter is kind of an unexpected bonus. Nakamura however can be classified as having a dissapointing season. One year after finishing 2nd in the Pitcher of the year vote he went 12-9 with a 5.19 ERA ugh.

Looking at my offense, I think it pretty much is where I would like it to be. I don't think there is an easy out in the batting order (other than the pitcher), as my 8th hitter Yoshimatsu Abe still hit .304. The numbers are a bit deceiving as Valdosta's park is pretty tough on hitters, but Valdosta's .844 OPS not only led the CL but it led all of FOOL as the next best was Boston with an .834. Best performance of the season was Wyatt's game on May 23rd where he went 3 for 3 with 2 walks, 2 HR and 8 RBI.

As in past years, Brooklyn seems to have a pretty good idea of how to play against Valdosta. Once again we went 11-11 vs each other. It might be that Brooklyn's team is built very well to be able to play in Valdosta's park as well as Brooklyn destroyed all other teams when it comes to team speed, finishing first in stolen bases with 210 and they were second in all of FOOL in both doubles and triples (behind Valdosta).

Last edited by Alan T : 08-16-2008 at 07:34 AM.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:39 AM   #111
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I haven't looked at the file yet, but all I can say is wow. Based on the all star team picks, I can only guess I had some pretty good career years from some fill in players. Am excited to play Chief in the classic, I am sad that he won't be around for it though.

DC, did Chief submit any orders via PM or anything for just in case he got to the Fool classic? If he didn't and obviously doesn't have any opportunity to, then I will just leave my roster alone as well to be sporting.

Oh, just realized that I will have to make -some- change as I'll have to set lineups for DH ballparks since I don't normally set those. Still let me know though DC, if Chief didn't have the opportunity to send in any changes, I'll not make any changes either (other than setting DH lineups)

Old 08-16-2008, 09:00 AM   #112
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
1971 FINAL STANDINGS

Code:
Continental League Standings W L PCT GB Valdosta Peanuts 108 46 .701 - Atlanta Firecrackers 81 73 .526 27.0 Brooklyn Brownstones 80 74 .519 28.0 Rio Grande Roadrunners 75 79 .487 33.0 Toronto Atlantics 73 81 .474 35.0 New York Highlanders 70 84 .455 38.0 Baltimore Terrapins 68 86 .442 40.0 Texas Copperheads 61 93 .396 47.0 Republic League Standings W L PCT GB Colorado Rancheros 88 66 .571 - Ann Arbor Wolverines 85 69 .552 3.0 Compton Brothers 85 69 .552 3.0 Quad City Thunderstorms 83 71 .539 5.0 Boston Settlers 81 73 .526 7.0 Columbus Crusaders 67 87 .435 21.0 El Paso Alligators 67 87 .435 21.0 Hartford Harpooners 60 94 .390 28.0

For the first time since 1968, the Colorado Rancheros are back in the FOOL Classic. And looking for their 2nd straight title and winning their 3rd league title are the Valdosta Peanuts.

Disappointed with my season in Quad City that we didn't have the horses down the stretch, but proud that we made it this far, our first winning season in franchise history, after just my second year here. Compton and Ann Arbor will split the playoff share for 2nd place and Ann Arbor finishes second for the fourth straight year.

Atlanta, really proud of you guys for finishing 2nd and in the money for the first time ever or at least, since the franchise left Charleston.

Congrats to Valdosta and Alan for being able to do it again, and to Chief for getting back there again too...

Should be a fun matchup, however not sure anything can slow the V-Train down.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 09:08 AM   #113
muns
Pro Starter

Hartford Finished up right where we thought we would.. in dead last.... CL Denny Hennessey being an all star was a surprise and most of the young guys did develop, just not as fast as we hoped.....

First pick in the draft here we come

1b-Toms Laura was the only guy that really improved by leaps and bounds in his ratings as he had a nice season batting 282 with 21 bombs and 83 rbi...

SS- Mark Taylor was the biggest dissapointment as he played nowhere near his ratings this year and only hit 235....

Last edited by muns : 08-16-2008 at 09:09 AM.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:14 AM   #114
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Well, as expected my bullpen did me in. Starters did not quite have the years they've had in the past (no one under 3.5 ERA at all, and I've usually had at least one under 3), but they were at least solid, and 4 of them had over 200Ks. But the bullpen blew something like 35 games for me. My closer had 34 saves but also managed 11 losses; not sure how he made the All-Star lineup with that.

My lineup was best in the RL, leading in OPS, AVG, and runs scored. But it was not enough to overcome the average performance by the staff. 81 wins, 5th place. Sigh.

Now I have to figure out how to resign John Hunt. Espinoza may be gone; he may lead in HRs, but that's about all he does.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:38 AM   #115
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Sweat bejebus! That CL All-Star blows me away as I wait for the file to download. It was pretty much Valdosta with Brooklyn, Atlanta, and Rio Grande happy to have a couple guys in the year of dominance.

Congrats once again Alan, even more impressive then last year and you have a chance to be a repeat Champion, I will cheer you on just to see that again I think since it's been a while. 20-1 5th starter you say? I am in awe of that one as I have not had a 20 win starter ever yet, even when I won the FOOL Classic.

This may actually motivate me to make some changes as much as I hate it. I have had two lossing records in a row and I am not liking that.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:57 AM   #116
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

So by the time I finished typing that last post I had the files and just looked at things. I am going to actually take the blame for this season, as my players didn't do too bad it seems. I was expecting horrible pitching or offensive numbers and I am not seeing it.

SP Todd Sparks became a solid #1 starter with a sub-3.00 ERA and 19 wins. My #2 and #3 guys is what hurt me the most. Chunky Medina just gives up too many hits now it seems, and just can't put it all together it seems now. I will keep him, but he may be dropped to 5th in the rotation. #3 SP Pepe Santana just isn't what I thought he would be, and seems to be average to slightly above average which I should have seem earlier. The 4 and 5 guys, Ted Prouse and Ben Howard were rookies, who did just fine in my book based on that, especially Howard who jumped up from rookie ball. Pitching hurt me some, but it wasn't horrible, the bullpen was decent overall in fact.

At the plate, Tanaka dropped a little with only 25 homers and a .288 average, which matches his '69 numbers a lot. At 33 yrs old 1B Tyler Reilly actually had his best season since the glory year of '68. New 'old guy' 3B Warren Lewis actually put up some career numbers at HR, 3B, and RBI, though the drop off at defense is noticeable some. Everyone else, except Aguilera who had a down year again, was about what they normally are. Some a little better, some just a notch below average.

Something just isn't working well for this team for some reason. Pitching could use an upgrade I guess, especially SP, but not a total overhual. Something is missing from the offense too, I think a true leadoff hitter maybe, and the batting order hasn't been right to get max production. I will have to make some tweaks.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:50 PM   #117
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Oh, just realized that I will have to make -some- change as I'll have to set lineups for DH ballparks since I don't normally set those. Still let me know though DC, if Chief didn't have the opportunity to send in any changes, I'll not make any changes either (other than setting DH lineups)

Chief left me FOOL Classic instructions for his team. So you're good. Make the changes you need to.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:22 PM   #118
JimmyOOTP
Mascot

Thing that worries me for compton is i may be forced to trade SP Williams or CL Dailey now since i may not be able to afford to re sign one of them as i have other more important signings to take care of. williams didn't have a bad season at all but for some reason couldn't muster up the wins as others did in my rotation.So it just might be a better gamble to get something back for them instead of letting them walk after next season.

Last edited by JimmyOOTP : 08-16-2008 at 01:36 PM.
JimmyOOTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 03:03 PM   #119
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

DC,

I assume you're turning fatigue off for the allstar game or pushing the start of the playoffs back a few days?

Old 08-16-2008, 03:05 PM   #120
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
DC,

I assume you're turning fatigue off for the allstar game or pushing the start of the playoffs back a few days?

Fatigue off + push back the Classic five days as usual.
Old 08-16-2008, 04:31 PM   #121
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Hola peeps,

Checking in from the Big Apple. First time ever in a cyber cafe (not far from Times Square).

Wow, looks like the Rancheros had a very good season, although that's just nuts what Alan did in the CL. Glad to see we were able to overcome a league where it appears there were several good teams.

Alan, as DC noted, I left him instructions for when I made the Classic (okay, I said 'if'). Glad it wasn't a pointless email.

GL, Alan, although I am hoping this season will end badly for you.

Bad luck for everyone in the RL--I won't be around to make any changes to my team, so it will be the same juggernaut next year.

In all seriousness, congrats to allpro on getting Ann Arbor to second again. It has to be phenomenally frustrating, but you kinda have to dig how consistently strong you have kept your team. And big ups to DC's quick rebuild (again).

Don't know if I will get a chance to check in again before late, late Wednesday night, so if not, again, good luck, Alan, and I hope it's a great Classic.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 05:08 PM   #122
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by allpro10050 View Post

Regret not doing that Sanchez deal yet???

Things might have been different for ya since he hit 371 and had an ops of 1.012
Old 08-16-2008, 05:13 PM   #123
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Glad to know FOOL matters enough for you to check in from NYC!

Hello of a job to Ann Arbor. I mean, 2nd place every year since after you won the Classic -- frustrating yes -- but just a testament to how much you've built that team and kept a great core in place. I thought that title you won during the interleague year was a fluke, but the fact that you've been so strong and consistent for so long proves just how good your team is.

Valdosta's crazy good. Just crazy.

Quad City's season was a positive one. I need to do a review of my ballclub sometime, just to talk about what I thought went well and what we need to fix. On the surface, I'd say that what I expected to be a problem, was. I gave up too much pitching just before the season started, but I feared I had too many old outfielders and not enough guys to fill in the blanks for me, so...I decided to go after the guys I did. I don't really regret those moves, at all.

I think that while the free agency class to be isn't all that strong, we do have some flexibility and I built this team to last a few years not just to be a flash in the pan as I expected the team in Compton to be.

I'm most proud of this rebuild job than any of my others. St. Louis started strong from the start, Compton was a combo of lots of shrewd FA moves and a few kids who developed my way and timing. This job was all about making calculated decisions and while the rebuild isn't complete yet, I like how much progress we've made and while I need to shore up the core a bit more...I like our chances going forward.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:34 PM   #124
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

1971 FOOL After-Party

What if you took the 2nd through 4th place team in each league and made a tournament that came before the FOOL Classic? Same rosters, same lineups, same everything. (Ok, so not in the same file.) Well, that's precisely what we're going to do now.

The FOOL After-Party is a series of three games. One chance and that's it. Teams win or go home. Winning team wins the FOOL After Party will win bragging rights to be the best of the non-qualifiers? And maybe win a prize...

Here we go.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:10 PM   #125
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Round 1: FOOL After-Party

ROUND 1 GROUPINGS (Home team listed first)
----
Quote:
Atlanta v. Toronto
Brooklyn v. Rio Grande
Ann Arbor v. Boston
Compton v. Quad City

Round 1 Results

Atlanta 9, Toronto 8 (10 innings)
Rio Grande, 12, Brooklyn 8
Quad City 9, Compton 2
Ann Arbor 5, Boston 3

PDFs are attached with box scores and game logs.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf TorontovAtlanta.pdf (37.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: pdf RioGrandevBrooklyn.pdf (36.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: pdf quadcityvcompton.pdf (34.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: pdf bostonvannarbor.pdf (34.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: pdf annarborvbostongamelog.pdf (38.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: pdf quadcityvcomptonlog.pdf (42.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: pdf atlantavtorontolog.pdf (44.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: pdf riograndevBrooklynlog.pdf (36.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-16-2008, 09:26 PM   #126
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Round 2: FOOL After-Party

ROUND 2
Atlanta 7, Rio Grande 3

Code:
Front Office Offseason League Box Scores Rio Grande Roadrunners at Atlanta Firecrackers Game ID: 5860 - Sunday, September 19th, 1971 - Game Log Sunday, September 19th, 1971 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E Rio Grande Roadrunners 2 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 3 6 0 Atlanta Firecrackers 2 0 2 2 0 1 0 0 X 7 11 0 Rio Grande AB R H RBI BB K LOB AVG HR RBI C. Daniels 2B 4 1 1 0 0 1 3 .125 0 0 L. Parker CF 2 1 0 0 2 2 0 .286 0 4 H. Tanaka C 2 0 0 1 0 1 2 .286 0 2 T. Reilly 1B 4 0 2 2 0 1 2 .571 0 2 A. Aguilera RF 4 0 1 0 0 2 1 .250 0 0 W. Lewis 3B 4 0 0 0 0 0 3 .250 0 1 J. Navarro LF 3 0 0 0 1 1 0 .000 0 0 R. Sánchez SS 4 0 1 0 0 1 1 .375 0 1 T. Sparks P 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 .000 0 0 D. Briggs P 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 1.000 0 0 a-R. Ratcliffe PH 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 .400 0 4 C. González P 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000 0 0 b-J. Brooks PH 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 .000 0 0 Totals 31 3 6 3 3 10 13 a - R. Ratcliffe pinch hit for D. Briggs in the 7th b - J. Brooks pinch hit for C. González in the 9th BATTING Doubles: T. Reilly (1, 1st Inning off D. Barajas, 2 on, 1 out) C. Daniels (1, 1st Inning off D. Barajas, 0 on, 0 outs) A. Aguilera (2, 8th Inning off C. Templeman, 1 on, 2 outs) Total Bases: T. Reilly 3, C. Daniels 2, R. Sánchez, D. Briggs, A. Aguilera 2 Runners left in scoring position, 2 outs: , W. Lewis 2, T. Reilly Sac Bunt: H. Tanaka, C. Daniels Sac Fly: H. Tanaka Team LOB: 7 FIELDING PB: H. Tanaka Atlanta AB R H RBI BB K LOB AVG HR RBI J. Aguirre RF 4 2 3 2 0 0 1 .444 0 3 F. Sánchez C 3 0 0 0 0 0 3 .286 0 2 P. Skuse P 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 .000 0 0 C. Templeman P 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000 0 0 C. Vázquez CF 4 2 3 1 0 0 0 .800 0 1 B. Harris 2B 2 0 1 1 0 0 0 .200 0 1 b-R. Núńes PR 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .600 0 0 c-R. Green 2B 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1.000 0 0 C. McConnell LF 3 0 1 1 0 1 2 .333 1 4 E. Manning SS 4 0 0 0 0 2 3 .143 1 1 F. Lindsay 1B 3 2 1 0 1 1 0 .250 0 0 B. McDaniel 3B 4 1 2 1 0 0 0 .400 0 1 D. Barajas P 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 .000 0 0 a-M. O'Corran C 2 0 0 0 0 0 1 .000 0 0 Totals 31 7 11 6 1 6 11 a - M. O'Corran substituted for D. Barajas in the 6th b - R. Núńes pinch ran for B. Harris in the 7th c - R. Green substituted for R. Núńes in the 8th BATTING Doubles: C. McConnell (1, 1st Inning off T. Sparks, 1 on, 2 outs) J. Aguirre (1, 3rd Inning off T. Sparks, 0 on, 0 outs) Triples: C. Vázquez (1, 3rd Inning off T. Sparks, 1 on, 1 out) B. McDaniel (1, 6th Inning off D. Briggs, 1 on, 0 outs) Total Bases: B. Harris, F. Lindsay, C. McConnell 2, C. Vázquez 5, J. Aguirre 4, B. McDaniel 4 2-out RBI: C. McConnell, J. Aguirre Runners left in scoring position, 2 outs: P. Skuse, F. Sánchez, E. Manning 3 Sac Bunt: D. Barajas, B. Harris 2, C. McConnell Team LOB: 5 BASERUNNING SB: F. Lindsay (1), J. Aguirre (1) Rio Grande IP H R ER BB K HR PI PS ERA T. Sparks L (0-1) 3.2 8 6 6 0 4 0 71 52 14.73 D. Briggs 2.1 2 1 1 1 2 0 35 20 1.69 C. González 2.0 1 0 0 0 0 0 25 17 0.00 PITCHING Game Score: T. Sparks 23 Batters Faced: T. Sparks 19, D. Briggs 10, C. González 7 Ground Outs - Fly Outs: T. Sparks 6-1, D. Briggs 1-4, C. González 4-2 Pitches - Strikes: T. Sparks 71-52, D. Briggs 35-20, C. González 25-17 Inherited Runners - Scored: D. Briggs 1-0 WP: T. Sparks Atlanta IP H R ER BB K HR PI PS ERA D. Barajas W (1-0) 5.1 4 3 3 2 7 0 87 56 5.06 P. Skuse H (2) 2.1 1 0 0 0 1 0 42 29 0.00 C. Templeman 1.1 1 0 0 1 2 0 20 13 10.80 PITCHING Game Score: D. Barajas 53 Batters Faced: D. Barajas 23, P. Skuse 8, C. Templeman 6 Ground Outs - Fly Outs: D. Barajas 4-6, P. Skuse 2-4, C. Templeman 2-0 Pitches - Strikes: D. Barajas 87-56, P. Skuse 42-29, C. Templeman 20-13 Inherited Runners - Scored: C. Templeman 1-0 WP: D. Barajas GAME NOTES Player of the Game: J. Aguirre Ballpark: Aaron Park Weather: Clear skies (68 degrees), wind blowing in from center at 9 mph Start Time: 7:05 pm Time: 2:54 Attendance: 44277

ROUND 2
Quad City 4, Ann Arbor 1
Code:
Front Office Offseason League Box Scores Quad City Thunderstorms at Ann Arbor Wolverines Game ID: 5866 - Sunday, September 19th, 1971 - Game Log Sunday, September 19th, 1971 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E Quad City Thunderstorms 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 1 1 4 6 0 Ann Arbor Wolverines 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 10 2 Quad City AB R H RBI BB K LOB AVG HR RBI J. Medina SS 5 0 0 0 0 2 3 .222 0 0 E. Hoskins LF 3 1 2 0 1 0 1 .571 0 0 L. Mendoza 1B 3 1 0 0 1 0 2 .429 1 3 M. Rasmussen RF 2 1 2 2 1 0 1 .333 1 2 a-T. Fournier PR, RF 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000 0 0 B. Arnold DH 4 0 0 0 0 1 2 .222 1 2 M. Montoya 3B 4 1 1 0 0 0 1 .167 0 0 P. Sexton CF 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 .143 1 2 C. Larsen 2B 3 0 1 0 0 2 0 .333 0 1 L. Hobbs C 2 0 0 1 1 1 1 .167 0 2 Totals 30 4 6 3 4 6 11 a - T. Fournier pinch ran for M. Rasmussen in the 8th BATTING Doubles: E. Hoskins (1, 8th Inning off R. Ramos, 0 on, 1 out) Home Runs: M. Rasmussen (1, 6th Inning off R. Ramos, 1 on, 1 out) Total Bases: M. Rasmussen 5, E. Hoskins 3, M. Montoya, C. Larsen Runners left in scoring position, 2 outs: E. Hoskins, B. Arnold, M. Montoya, J. Medina 2 Sac Bunt: M. Rasmussen, P. Sexton, C. Larsen Sac Fly: L. Hobbs Team LOB: 6 BASERUNNING SB: E. Hoskins (1), J. Medina (1), C. Larsen (1), T. Fournier (1) Ann Arbor AB R H RBI BB K LOB AVG HR RBI R. McClure LF 3 1 1 0 1 0 1 .286 0 0 T. Campbell 1B 4 0 2 0 0 1 2 .500 0 0 b-J. Conley PR, 1B 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000 0 0 e-J. Ramos PH 1 0 0 0 0 1 2 .000 0 0 N. Hunter DH 4 0 0 0 0 2 5 .000 0 0 A. Stanley 3B 3 0 2 1 0 0 1 .429 0 1 R. Wildridge RF 2 0 1 0 0 0 2 .500 0 0 V. Mercado 2B 3 0 1 0 0 0 1 .600 0 2 a-S. Daugherty PH 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 .000 0 0 c-C. Walker 2B 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000 0 0 B. Bath SS 4 0 0 0 0 1 6 .167 0 0 D. Myers CF 4 0 0 0 0 1 0 .125 1 3 J. López C 3 0 2 0 0 0 0 .286 0 0 d-R. Campbell PH 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 1.000 0 0 Totals 32 1 10 1 2 6 20 a - S. Daugherty pinch hit for V. Mercado in the 8th b - J. Conley pinch ran for T. Campbell in the 8th c - C. Walker substituted for S. Daugherty in the 9th d - R. Campbell pinch hit for J. López in the 9th e - J. Ramos pinch hit for J. Conley in the 9th BATTING Doubles: J. López (1, 5th Inning off J. Morris, 0 on, 1 out) R. Wildridge (1, 6th Inning off J. Morris, 0 on, 2 outs) T. Campbell (2, 1st Inning off J. Morris, 1 on, 0 outs) Total Bases: J. López 3, R. Wildridge 2, V. Mercado, R. McClure, T. Campbell 3, A. Stanley 2, R. Campbell Runners left in scoring position, 2 outs: , N. Hunter 2, R. Wildridge, T. Campbell, B. Bath 3 Sac Bunt: N. Hunter, R. Wildridge 2, R. McClure Sac Fly: A. Stanley Team LOB: 11 BASERUNNING SB: A. Stanley (2) FIELDING Errors: J. López , C. Burris Quad City IP H R ER BB K HR PI PS ERA J. Morris W (1-0) 7.1 9 1 1 0 3 0 118 78 1.23 E. Mills H (1) 0.1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 9.00 S. McMasters SV (1) 1.1 1 0 0 2 3 0 32 19 0.00 PITCHING Game Score: J. Morris 59 Batters Faced: J. Morris 31, E. Mills 1, S. McMasters 7 Ground Outs - Fly Outs: J. Morris 6-13, E. Mills 1-0, S. McMasters 0-1 Pitches - Strikes: J. Morris 118-78, E. Mills 1-1, S. McMasters 32-19 Inherited Runners - Scored: E. Mills 2-0, S. McMasters 2-0 Ann Arbor IP H R ER BB K HR PI PS ERA R. Ramos L (0-1) 8.0 6 4 2 4 5 1 113 70 2.25 C. Burris 1.0 0 0 0 0 1 0 15 11 2.08 PITCHING Game Score: R. Ramos 59 Batters Faced: R. Ramos 33, C. Burris 5 Ground Outs - Fly Outs: R. Ramos 12-6, C. Burris 2-1 Pitches - Strikes: R. Ramos 113-70, C. Burris 15-11 Inherited Runners - Scored: C. Burris 1-1 GAME NOTES Player of the Game: J. Morris Ballpark: Wolverine Park Weather: Partly Cloudy (64 degrees), wind blowing out to center at 9 mph Start Time: 3:05 pm Time: 2:47 Attendance: 43750
Old 08-16-2008, 09:34 PM   #127
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

FOOL AFTER-PARTY FINAL
Quad City 6, Atlanta 5

Code:
Front Office Offseason League Box Scores Atlanta Firecrackers at Quad City Thunderstorms Game ID: 5867 - Monday, September 20th, 1971 - Game Log Monday, September 20th, 1971 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E Atlanta Firecrackers 0 1 0 1 0 2 0 0 1 5 10 1 Quad City Thunderstorms 0 0 2 0 4 0 0 0 X 6 11 0 Atlanta AB R H RBI BB K LOB AVG HR RBI R. Núńes LF 4 0 0 0 0 2 3 .333 0 0 a-C. Vázquez PH 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 .800 0 1 B. Guzmán 1B 5 0 1 0 0 2 1 .222 0 1 H. Matthews DH 5 0 1 0 0 1 2 .111 0 1 B. Harris 2B 5 0 0 0 0 0 2 .100 0 1 C. McConnell CF 4 2 2 0 0 1 0 .400 1 4 J. Aguirre RF 3 0 2 1 1 0 0 .500 0 4 E. Manning 3B 3 1 2 1 0 0 1 .300 1 2 F. Lindsay SS 2 1 1 1 1 0 1 .333 0 1 F. Sánchez C 4 0 1 1 0 1 5 .273 0 3 Totals 35 5 10 4 3 7 15 a - C. Vázquez pinch hit for R. Núńes in the 9th BATTING Doubles: F. Sánchez (1, 6th Inning off H. Mason, 1 on, 2 outs) H. Matthews (1, 1st Inning off H. Mason, 0 on, 2 outs) Triples: F. Lindsay (1, 6th Inning off H. Mason, 1 on, 2 outs) C. McConnell (1, 2nd Inning off H. Mason, 0 on, 0 outs) Total Bases: F. Sánchez 2, F. Lindsay 3, E. Manning 2, C. McConnell 4, J. Aguirre 2, B. Guzmán, H. Matthews 2 2-out RBI: F. Sánchez, F. Lindsay Runners left in scoring position, 2 outs: , F. Sánchez 2, B. Harris 2, R. Núńes 2 Sac Bunt: F. Lindsay, E. Manning Team LOB: 8 BASERUNNING SB: F. Lindsay (2), J. Aguirre (2) FIELDING Errors: N. Álvarez Double Plays: 1 (Harris-Lindsay-Guzmán) Quad City AB R H RBI BB K LOB AVG HR RBI J. Medina SS 3 1 2 2 0 1 0 .333 1 2 E. Hoskins LF 4 0 1 0 0 0 1 .455 0 0 L. Mendoza 1B 3 1 0 0 1 1 1 .300 1 3 M. Rasmussen RF 3 1 1 3 1 0 0 .333 2 5 B. Arnold DH 4 0 2 0 0 0 2 .308 1 2 M. Montoya 3B 4 0 2 0 0 1 0 .300 0 0 P. Sexton CF 4 0 0 0 0 3 4 .091 1 2 C. Larsen 2B 4 1 2 1 0 1 0 .400 1 2 L. Hobbs C 3 2 1 0 1 1 1 .222 0 2 Totals 32 6 11 6 3 8 9 BATTING Doubles: M. Montoya (1, 4th Inning off G. Prado, 1 on, 2 outs) Home Runs: M. Rasmussen (2, 5th Inning off G. Prado, 2 on, 2 outs) J. Medina (1, 3rd Inning off G. Prado, 1 on, 2 outs) C. Larsen (1, 5th Inning off G. Prado, 0 on, 0 outs) Total Bases: M. Rasmussen 4, E. Hoskins, L. Hobbs, B. Arnold 2, M. Montoya 3, J. Medina 5, C. Larsen 5 2-out RBI: M. Rasmussen, J. Medina Runners left in scoring position, 2 outs: , P. Sexton 2 GIDP: B. Arnold Sac Bunt: J. Medina Team LOB: 7 BASERUNNING SB: M. Montoya (1) CS: J. Medina (1) FIELDING PB: L. Hobbs Atlanta IP H R ER BB K HR PI PS ERA G. Prado L (0-1) 4.2 7 6 6 2 2 3 80 45 11.57 N. Álvarez 2.2 3 0 0 1 6 0 48 31 0.00 J. Muńíz 0.2 1 0 0 0 0 0 10 5 0.00 PITCHING Game Score: G. Prado 26 Batters Faced: G. Prado 22, N. Álvarez 11, J. Muńíz 3 Ground Outs - Fly Outs: G. Prado 2-9, N. Álvarez 1-0, J. Muńíz 1-1 Pitches - Strikes: G. Prado 80-45, N. Álvarez 48-31, J. Muńíz 10-5 Quad City IP H R ER BB K HR PI PS ERA H. Mason W (1-0) 8.0 10 4 4 2 7 0 116 73 4.50 X. Tien SV (1) 1.0 0 1 0 1 0 0 16 8 0.00 PITCHING Game Score: H. Mason 51 Batters Faced: H. Mason 36, X. Tien 4 Ground Outs - Fly Outs: H. Mason 9-8, X. Tien 3-0 Pitches - Strikes: H. Mason 116-73, X. Tien 16-8 WP: H. Mason Balk: H. Mason GAME NOTES Player of the Game: M. Rasmussen Ballpark: John Deere Field Weather: Partly Cloudy (68 degrees), wind blowing in from center at 12 mph Start Time: 2:05 pm Time: 2:48 Attendance: 39941
Old 08-16-2008, 09:38 PM   #128
JimmyOOTP
Mascot

Tell me you didn't fix that
Old 08-16-2008, 09:46 PM   #129
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyOOTP View Post
Tell me you didn't fix that

Yeah, I knew that was coming. It's why I posted the box scores, because I knew (you) would suggest that. Especially since I beat Compton.

Nope. Didn't fix or otherwise rig it. If I wanted to rig something, it'd be the stuff that counts, not fake tournaments that I come up with for fun to see who the best of the worst were. And I wouldn't do that either, because it's not worth it.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 08-16-2008 at 09:46 PM.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:12 PM   #130
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Coming soon...

FOOL Baseball Cards by Topps

Old 08-16-2008, 11:14 PM   #131
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

We seriously need a Saturday night sim...

Without one, I may have to *gulp* leave my computer on a Saturday night and find something productive to do....

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
ekcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 11:14 PM   #132
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks for publishing my best pitcher getting pounded for six runs, the Rio Grande fans really appreciate the extra humiliation this year.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:28 PM   #133
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekcut View Post
We seriously need a Saturday night sim...

Without one, I may have to *gulp* leave my computer on a Saturday night and find something productive to do....

Yeah, hence the After-Party. I was sad to see the season already over.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 08-16-2008 at 11:29 PM.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:29 PM   #134
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Yeah, hence the After-Party.

To which i wasn't invited....It's like highschool all over again!!!!

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
ekcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 11:29 PM   #135
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:

Hahaha..awesome.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:36 PM   #136
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Oh, well then that explains how Rio Grande performed, we drank most of the keg.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:38 PM   #137
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

To that end, is anyone ready to approach the subject of "gasp" divisional play yet?

Not because I want another barrier to getting a title...just figured I'd ask.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:41 PM   #138
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
To that end, is anyone ready to approach the subject of "gasp" divisional play yet?

ewww yuck, gross.. bleh, etc.

Things are good as is!

Old 08-16-2008, 11:44 PM   #139
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
ewww yuck, gross.. bleh, etc.

Things are good as is!

Didn't say I wanted it. I'm the only one around here who knows what this league was like when we let 1st and 2nd place teams into the playoffs, but...I just figured I'd put it out there to see what others thought.

I know the CL traditionalists will abhor progress.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:46 PM   #140
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Looking at the CL and dividing the teams into two divisions I have the feeling I would end up in the same division as Valdosta. Not sure divisions helps me any right now in that case.

I am cool with division play down the road, just feels too early right now. I picture '76 or '78 being a good year for that for some reason.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:48 PM   #141
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:

It might help the league with trading
Old 08-17-2008, 12:12 AM   #142
muns
Pro Starter

Good luck again guys, I gotta head to bed, work bright and early again tomorrow..... so I have no idea if ill be able to check in tomorrow...... Hope its a fantastic Classic

Last edited by muns : 08-17-2008 at 12:13 AM.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:27 AM   #143
JimmyOOTP
Mascot

Quote:
Yeah, I knew that was coming. It's why I posted the box scores, because I knew (you) would suggest that. Especially since I beat Compton.

Nope. Didn't fix or otherwise rig it. If I wanted to rig something, it'd be the stuff that counts, not fake tournaments that I come up with for fun to see who the best of the worst were. And I wouldn't do that either, because it's not worth it.

Why would you say I would suggest that like you think you know im gonna say that or something when you don't know me? Just curious!
Old 08-17-2008, 12:37 AM   #144
JimmyOOTP
Mascot

Guess i should have stuck with the original team you gave me when i first joined cause since i took over compton you don't seem to like me or something, i can't put my finger on it. Do i think you rigged the sim last night? Yes i do. I can't see why it takes 20+ min on some sim updates and 5 min for others. With the team i had theres no way i should have had such a bad start to the season and i know you don't want to see compton succeed since it was your old team. Another thing i didn't like was how you were rude about telling me what to put in my sig. Bottom line is you shouldn't be in your own league cause that always causes problems.

Anyway good luck the rest of you but im out of the league. Good luck with the league DC but you need to treat people a little better especially when they are very active and very nice people. I just think your rude and a poor loser but thats my opinion.
Old 08-17-2008, 03:20 AM   #145
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Why would you say I would suggest that like you think you know im gonna say that or something when you don't know me? Just curious!

I was joking. It's the Compton v. Quad City rivalry coming out.
Old 08-17-2008, 03:31 AM   #146
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Guess i should have stuck with the original team you gave me when i first joined cause since i took over compton you don't seem to like me or something, i can't put my finger on it. Do i think you rigged the sim last night? Yes i do. I can't see why it takes 20+ min on some sim updates and 5 min for others. With the team i had theres no way i should have had such a bad start to the season and i know you don't want to see compton succeed since it was your old team. Another thing i didn't like was how you were rude about telling me what to put in my sig. Bottom line is you shouldn't be in your own league cause that always causes problems.

Anyway good luck the rest of you but im out of the league. Good luck with the league DC but you need to treat people a little better especially when they are very active and very nice people. I just think your rude and a poor loser but thats my opinion.

The sim updates vary because I'm usually almost always doing other things. During the weekends are the only time I see my gf depending on our schedules (she's three hours away), so I'm always in the midst of stuff. Hence the sporadic posts and the "not always on time" Friday nights.

Part of the reason I almost always upload a Friday night in-progress sim for those of you who are around is precisely to ensure that people know their lineups are the same, etc., and there were are no shenanigans. Because it's a quick league and I'd want to know too. Plus, after all the work we put into our rosters I know I'd like to know how the team is doing mid-season or at some other point.

I don't use smilies enough I guess when I post, that would've made all of the difference. Plenty of folks have been heated and said things that were worse and I appreciate them and their contributions to the league and don't get bent out of shape with them, even when (frankly) they might annoy me.

This stuff isn't important enough for me to get bent out of shape about, because it's just silly gaming. It's just good fun, it's competitive and that makes for a great league. As for not playing in it, if it were a conventional league, that'd be fine. But no way I'd devote as much time to this as I do currently and not participate. Unless there is a salary involved, I considered it and if we were teeming with people wanting to play, then I'd probably do it, but...not when that's not the case.

But that said, always sorry to see someone go. We'll be here if you decide you want to come back, tho. I thought it was fun, actually, seeing a team that a previous owner had being managed by someone else. I was probably more critical of your moves than someone else would've been, but...only because I wanted to see you succeed, not because I had some ax to grind or desire to see them not be successful. I thought I was helping you.

Again, this stuff isn't that serious, so I'm sorry it appeared that way.

I'd wouldn't have even posted this here, to obscure what's otherwise going to be a great FOOL Classic, but...if my personal integrity is going to be questioned, it probably behooves me to at least address it.

But I'll end the matter here, for my part.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 08-17-2008 at 03:34 AM.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:40 AM   #147
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:

WHOAAA Jimmy....... Dont quit....... Why is it that everytime something happens everyone always useses the Im gonna quit line??? I dont get that....

He didnt rig it..... that was just extra stuff that didnt even matter. It was "xtra fun" that he came up with to make the league more fun... why in the world would he rig that???? That makes no sense at all bud....

Ive had plenty of seasons where I know I should have been better than what I ended up. Just the way it worked out and how the game works sometimes. So you suck it up and make more moves and try it again..... Ive had talented teams that didnt win, over lesser talented team that did win it.

Im hoping that once you think about this for a couple of mins, youll come back and it will be water under the bridge

Last edited by muns : 08-17-2008 at 09:13 AM.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:43 AM   #148
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I wrote him a PM with the same info in here. Let's just get ready for the FOOL Classic.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 08-17-2008 at 10:44 AM.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:56 AM   #149
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Last edited by Young Drachma : 08-17-2008 at 11:14 AM.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:43 AM   #150
muns
Pro Starter

Who is gonna go out on a limb and pick Colorado?? Anyone?