Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-02-2008, 09:53 PM   #151
kaosfere
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
Hartford had a hell of an off-season, tho. Hands down.

Yeah. I'm glad I'm in the other division. Hartford has racked *up*.
kaosfere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 09:54 PM   #152
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaosfere View Post
What can I say? Toronto must just be the happenin' place to be.

Yeah, I feel very fortunate. Not sure how it worked out, but glad I decided to take the chance on a smaller offer.

Did anyone else have an offer on Bruce?

It happens like that at times. Who knows what things happen under the OOTP9 hood at times. Its really nice when it happens for you. Not as much when it happens against you. I am not too upset here as it sounds like Brooklyn had me beat anyways. Plus now I have more money to spend on sunscreen this year!

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 09:55 PM   #153
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
All I can say is I have $10mil free still this year and $30 mil free for next year. I'm about to piss everyone off if my Free agent luck doesn't improve soon!

30 mil is no joke... Id imgine youll sign a big time guy next season.... Im gonna be real interested in who is left in this new file.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 09:57 PM   #154
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
30 mil is no joke... Id imgine youll sign a big time guy next season.... Im gonna be real interested in who is left in this new file.

Bob Bath!

Old 09-02-2008, 09:58 PM   #155
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Yeah. I'm glad I'm in the other division. Hartford has racked *up*.

Well thanks guys, but I dont see me being a player this year.... I still have no INF to speak of, as its gonna be mostly my 5 star prospects starting in attempt to get their ratings up.... Im really hoping next season ill be in my "win window"

Last edited by muns : 09-02-2008 at 09:59 PM.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:01 PM   #156
kaosfere
College Prospect

Quote:
Well thanks guys, but I dont see me being a player this year....

Well, if you were in the CL, I'd be fighting with you to get off of the scrap heap. That's why I'm relieved.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:06 PM   #157
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Indeed. That was a VERY nice signing to see. Rio Grande is back in business.

Even better is that my whole roster is signed for next year as well except for Connor Daniels. He wants a good chunk, but even if he gets his $10mil a year I still have $11mil or so free next year to spend.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:01 PM   #158
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
SS K. Shaffer signed a 1-year deal worth $3 million with Hartford

Wow, muns, I know you have money to overpay, but that's a huge waste of $3 M.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 11:03 PM   #159
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thats a nice signing for Toronto there.... Should fit in real well

Four years for even more than he was asking for to return to Colorado. Too much, IMO, but I like kaosfere, so I hope it works out for him. Ife he had signed with Valdosta, different matter. Alan is a tool.

I am downloading the file to see how the AI is screwing up my team. Should be interesting.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:05 PM   #160
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimGuru View Post
Thanks for the welcomes. I was attracted to NY because it did appear to have a moment in the sun in its past and it would be nicer to restore a franchise's pride than run Colorado into the ground while I get a feel for the whole league.

I figure I will be active (export) this week but not likely to be competitive until I have the weekend to study everything and really get a grip.

PM here for trade inquiries.

I woulda rather you ran my franchise into the ground than to let the AI did, but I understand what you're saying. Hopefully the next recruit will want a Rocky Mountain high.

Old 09-02-2008, 11:06 PM   #161
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
SP Artie Wiley signed a 3-year deal worth $22.5 million with Toronto

That's huge. Your other big offer, kaosfere?

Old 09-02-2008, 11:07 PM   #162
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Four years for even more than he was asking for to return to Colorado. Too much, IMO, but I like kaosfere, so I hope it works out for him. Ife he had signed with Valdosta, different matter. Alan is a tool.

I am downloading the file to see how the AI is screwing up my team. Should be interesting.

I miss you!

Old 09-02-2008, 11:23 PM   #163
kaosfere
College Prospect

Quote:
That's huge. Your other big offer, kaosfere?

John Bruce. :P

I'm happy giving him 6 million a year to finish out his career here while some of my prospects come up to speed.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:24 PM   #164
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I miss you!

I miss you, too, honeybunches.

But I am still around at least. I think I need to go recruit someone to come in and take over my team before it's too late.

Old 09-02-2008, 11:25 PM   #165
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I'm happy giving him 6 million a year to finish out his career here while some of my prospects come up to speed.

Heh...I meant that Wiley must have been the other big offer you mentioned when you signed Bruce.

Bruce played a good role for me the past two years, and he got a ring out of it. I hope he continues to play strong toward the end of that contract, but the length of what he wanted was what kept me from resigning him myself. Did you option his last year?

Old 09-02-2008, 11:27 PM   #166
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

BTW, question for DC.

Did you ever take a look at why some Colorado first year players/draftees (1B Orlando Arias, CL Stanley Robison) were already on the FA to be list last year? I re-upped them with MLCs, but I see they're FA-to-be again. That doesn't make any sense. I thought it was four years in the minors before you become a FA? Do I have that wrong?

Old 09-02-2008, 11:28 PM   #167
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Wow, muns, I know you have money to overpay, but that's a huge waste of $3 M.

Take a look at my spects at SS.....

Very slim pickings..... at 3 mil I knew nobody could touch him, and i can guarantee he wont be making anything near that next season. So your right on the overpay, but I need something/ someone/ an IT to pan out at some point, so I had to take a flier on your boy
Old 09-02-2008, 11:29 PM   #168
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Nice, the computer promoted Ortiz to replace Midakuni in the rotation. Well, at least they followed my plan there. That's why I resigned Ortiz (and not Midakuni).

Old 09-02-2008, 11:30 PM   #169
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
I miss you, too, honeybunches.

But I am still around at least. I think I need to go recruit someone to come in and take over my team before it's too late.

Feel free to do that id rather not have the AI destory your team like they did in NY
Old 09-02-2008, 11:31 PM   #170
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:

I think that was a nice signing for you there and he should be a huge Piece with you IMO
Old 09-02-2008, 11:31 PM   #171
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Take a look at my spects at SS.....

Very slim pickings..... at 3 mil I knew nobody could touch him, and i can guarantee he wont be making anything near that next season. So your right on the overpay, but I need something/ someone/ an IT to pan out at some point, so I had to take a flier on your boy

Shaffer was supposed to be the long awaited good defense, decent speed, decent hit SS I had always lacked, but the wanker pissed all over his talent instead. But, yes, you're right, your SS's stink. He still has the D, and can probably hit about .280 in the bigs. Problem is that secondary ability is going to peg him with an OPS about .700 in his best years. Ouch. Hope he's short term for you.

Old 09-02-2008, 11:34 PM   #172
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Feel free to do that id rather not have the AI destory your team like they did in NY

To be fair to the AI I think New York stopped exporting for a season or two before they were turned over to the AI. I could be wrong though.
Commo_Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 11:35 PM   #173
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
BTW, question for DC.

Did you ever take a look at why some Colorado first year players/draftees (1B Orlando Arias, CL Stanley Robison) were already on the FA to be list last year? I re-upped them with MLCs, but I see they're FA-to-be again. That doesn't make any sense. I thought it was four years in the minors before you become a FA? Do I have that wrong?

It's indeed four years to be a FA. I did a little digging and it seems that those particular guys -- the game's fault -- have pro service time that made them eligible to be free agents.

I haven't investigated it a ton in this league or even in this version, but have seen in solo leagues in the past through tinkering that OOTP will sometimes create draftees that have pro service time already.

Makes no sense, of course. But that's German Engineering for you, I guess.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 11:35 PM   #174
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Shaffer was supposed to be the long awaited good defense, decent speed, decent hit SS I had always lacked, but the wanker pissed all over his talent instead. But, yes, you're right, your SS's stink. He still has the D, and can probably hit about .280 in the bigs. Problem is that secondary ability is going to peg him with an OPS about .700 in his best years. Ouch. Hope he's short term for you.

Im hoping his Eye will do him right, but your right he isnt anything special.... With the way my spects have developed, he may have to stay a while just cause i dont have another solution that looks ok yet.....
Old 09-02-2008, 11:38 PM   #175
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commo_Soldier View Post
To be fair to the AI I think New York stopped exporting for a season or two before they were turned over to the AI. I could be wrong though.

Well and had a human owner for a day or so, who didn't have a computer...and got mad at me because a bunch of free agents to be didn't appreciate offering one-year deals that were at the minimum (like he asked me to do...) and alas, he left before he could really get started.

They'd have been better off under the AI for that year, that would've held off some of the bleeding, though Tell left them with a nice farm system and they're still Top 5 in organizations, so...they'll be fine before long I'm sure.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:39 PM   #176
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commo_Soldier View Post

You may be right, however I know a lot of his spects came into Hartford once the AI was def running that team, which IMO kinda sucked. They just up and released more than a few decent spects for no reason....

I would hate to see that done to Colorado as well
Old 09-02-2008, 11:40 PM   #177
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Well and had a human owner for a day or so, who didn't have a computer...and got mad at me because a bunch of free agents to be didn't appreciate offering one-year deals that were at the minimum (like he asked me to do...) and alas, he left before he could really get started.

They'd have been better off under the AI for that year, that would've held off some of the bleeding, though Tell left them with a nice farm system and they're still Top 5 in organizations, so...they'll be fine before long I'm sure.

I forgot about that guy, makes even more sense now
Old 09-02-2008, 11:42 PM   #178
kaosfere
College Prospect

Quote:
Did you option his last year?

Sure did.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:44 PM   #179
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I just posted a recruiting thread for Colorado in the main forum. Cross your fingers.

Old 09-02-2008, 11:45 PM   #180
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Sure did.

Way to go. I option almost all of my free agent contracts now (or did). I think DC does this as well.

Old 09-02-2008, 11:47 PM   #181
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
I just posted a recruiting thread for Colorado in the main forum. Cross your fingers.

Thanks Chief
Old 09-02-2008, 11:55 PM   #182
kaosfere
College Prospect

Quote:
Way to go. I option almost all of my free agent contracts now (or did). I think DC does this as well.

Yeah. I really only try it with young unprovens, or old vets who might tucker out. My poor little brain loses track of all the options when I have, uh, a lot of options.

Definitely seemed right in this case, though.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:30 AM   #183
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
SP Pat Maddox signed a 3-year deal worth $19 million with Quad City

We'll miss you Pat, sorry you got caught up in the tight cap situation, just remember to lose when you play us!
Old 09-03-2008, 09:49 AM   #184
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Provided he gets all set up tonight, Tasan is taking over Colorado. Only El Paso is left without a human owner.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:21 AM   #185
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Provided he gets all set up tonight, Tasan is taking over Colorado. Only El Paso is left without a human owner.

That is pretty cool Glad we are growing in the right direction.

Welcome Tasan Happy to have another guy in the league. Have fun with Colorado, they are a pretty stacked team
Old 09-03-2008, 11:20 AM   #186
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Welcome to the party Tasan.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:40 PM   #187
Tasan
College Starter

Thanks folks. I'm trying to take in the overall ratings picture right now. Looks like I won't be much of a player in free agency this time around, but after this weekend I should have a real good feel for the teams and ratings. Hopefully then I can dive into the next season full force.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:48 PM   #188
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasan View Post
I'm trying to take in the overall ratings picture right now.

I'm sure that will be a bit of a culture shock from the other league you're in with me. Pretty much exact opposite even

Old 09-03-2008, 08:13 PM   #189
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Dizzy is coming back to take over El Paso. We have 16 owners now.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:24 PM   #190
DizzyDizzyDinosaur
n00b

Quote:
Dizzy is coming back to take over El Paso. We have 16 owners now.
im back. DC made me promise not to leave agian and i won't. Im just gonna excuse myself from the party like a kid at the dinner table once the conversation gets on stuff thats dramatic and stuff. I just wanna play ball and thats it. Great season last year and nice playoffs. Im looking forward to building a winner.
DizzyDizzyDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 08:25 PM   #191
kaosfere
College Prospect

I don't know you yet, Dizzy, but welcome back!
Old 09-03-2008, 08:29 PM   #192
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Yay Dizzy! Way to stay away from the drama. That's my plan too.
TeachEnEspanol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:02 PM   #193
magic_number
Mascot

file up, long day at work...see guys tomorrow.
Those poor, timid spirits
Who know neither
Victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt - 1899
------------------------------
Compton Brothers (Since 1973)
magic_number is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:04 PM   #194
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyDizzyDinosaur View Post
im back. DC made me promise not to leave agian and i won't. Im just gonna excuse myself from the party like a kid at the dinner table once the conversation gets on stuff thats dramatic and stuff. I just wanna play ball and thats it. Great season last year and nice playoffs. Im looking forward to building a winner.

Glad your back Dizzy. You made some noise when you were here... Looking forward to you being able to do it again
Old 09-03-2008, 09:07 PM   #195
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

And away we go...
Old 09-03-2008, 09:07 PM   #196
DizzyDizzyDinosaur
n00b

Thx for the welcome back. In honor of ours sisters and bros in the gulf coast i asked dc if it would be okay to move the Alligators to New Orleans. They are named the Rens. A renassiance from New Orleans is what they represent. Hope thats cool with u all! Go RENS!
DizzyDizzyDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:09 PM   #197
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Seeing how I can't think of what team was the Alligators, I am in support of this move.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:12 PM   #198
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Sorry for the delay. Rudy Guiliani was distracting me with his pointing into the podium.

Time for exports.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:12 PM   #199
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
Seeing how I can't think of what team was the Alligators, I am in support of this move.

El Paso.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:13 PM   #200
muns
Pro Starter

lol im good with it too