Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-08-2008, 11:00 PM   #51
kaosfere
College Prospect

Ugh. I feel like this FA season is going to either be a slam dunk or a complete wipeout for me. I'm not at all comfortable with the state of things now that Perez isn't a lock on 2B, I know I'll get priced out of him, and... I just dunno, man. I just dunno!

Can it be tomorrow night already?

kaosfere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:01 PM   #52
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaosfere View Post
Ugh. I feel like this FA season is going to either be a slam dunk or a complete wipeout for me. I'm not at all comfortable with the state of things now that Perez isn't a lock on 2B, I know I'll get priced out of him, and... I just dunno, man. I just dunno!

I probably won't offer more than $13million a year for him myself!

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:01 PM   #53
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:

Sometimes, when I'm feeling really antsy..I want to create a satellite league to FOOL called the Day League, where we sim seasons every other day. For this very reason. Stuff goes too slowly, even in this league for me.

Which is downright hilarious.

I'm addicted to speed.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:02 PM   #54
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post

With all of that imaginary salary cap room you have, right?

Betcha wish you'd passed that salary cap increase back in the day?

::looks at your rings::

Ok, probably not.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:03 PM   #55
kaosfere
College Prospect

Quote:

As I was saying...

And I like it, DC. Sign me up!
Old 09-08-2008, 11:04 PM   #56
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
With all of that imaginary salary cap room you have, right?

Betcha wish you'd passed that salary cap increase back in the day?

::looks at your rings::

Ok, probably not.

It is pretty easy to cut salary in order to make offers on people if I feel the need to such as a great free agent opportunity hitting the market

Old 09-08-2008, 11:11 PM   #57
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
It is pretty easy to cut salary in order to make offers on people if I feel the need to such as a great free agent opportunity hitting the market

DO ITTTTTT!!!! Here I was all positioned up to make a run at Inman.... and you went all soft on me and resigned him....

Geez, my sorry squad cant get a break over here.... Some guys with all the rings have all the luck around here
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:13 PM   #58
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Jostens EA Sports Madden NFL Ring

We're not the geekiest people on the planet.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:13 PM   #59
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
DO ITTTTTT!!!! Here I was all positioned up to make a run at Inman.... and you went all soft on me and resigned him....

Geez, my sorry squad cant get a break over here.... Some guys with all the rings have all the luck around here

I could cut Carlos Gonzales and Roberto Pagan instead!

Old 09-08-2008, 11:16 PM   #60
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
I could cut Carlos Gonzales and Roberto Pagan instead!

HA HA!!!!

Even with all those rings you have, the Fans of the Peanuts would run you out of town if you did a thing like that!
Old 09-08-2008, 11:18 PM   #61
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Jostens EA Sports Madden NFL Ring

We're not the geekiest people on the planet.

Wow is the only word that comes to mind. The sad thing is that prob makes money. Sometimes I just dont understand what people are thinking
Old 09-08-2008, 11:20 PM   #62
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I just noticed that Valdosta set a new club attendance record this past year with 3,705,438 which beats the previous record set in 1971 of 3,704,915. We averaged 48,123 fans per game last year in our ballpark of 46,000 fans. (Ok not really, just that OOTP is busted in figuring out fans per game. It includes playoff attendance but doesn't include that in the number of games.)

Old 09-08-2008, 11:21 PM   #63
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

A few guys got signed by VL teams who used to play in the VL including Xinpeng Tien and some centerfielder whose rated 5-stars.

With everyone having the most cash for FA tonight, I sent up a correction file so everyone has to chance to bid on them if they want to.

Just FYI.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 09-08-2008 at 11:30 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:24 PM   #64
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
Wow is the only word that comes to mind. The sad thing is that prob makes money. Sometimes I just dont understand what people are thinking

Those rings are lame-o, 'cuz you pay for the game and then pay for a ring that has a dorky NFL logo on it.

Now if I had the money, would I get a ring for a league that was online or something? Probably. Not for FOOL, because there are too many titles.

But if there was a cool way to create a momento for all of the time I waste? Yeah...I'd be that guy.

But only in an original, cool way. Not in a "gee, everyone has one," sort of way.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:25 PM   #65
muns
Pro Starter

Thank ya DC
Old 09-08-2008, 11:41 PM   #66
kaosfere
College Prospect

Quote:
With everyone having the most cash for FA tonight, I sent up a correction file so everyone has to chance to bid on them if they want to.

If we've already exported, we don't need to update? Our exports will still be received OK?
Old 09-08-2008, 11:45 PM   #67
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
If we've already exported, we don't need to update? Our exports will still be received OK?

Yessir. No need to reexport or anything. Same game date, so it's the same file...just other players out there, if someone decides they're curious and wanna see. That said, it never hurts to send up your export again, just to make sure

Last edited by Young Drachma : 09-08-2008 at 11:45 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:52 PM   #68
kaosfere
College Prospect

Quote:
Yessir. No need to reexport or anything. Same game date, so it's the same file...just other players out there, if someone decides they're curious and wanna see. That said, it never hurts to send up your export again, just to make sure

Hee. Done, and done.

Thanks, boss.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:58 PM   #69
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Oh for frak's sake. Remind me not to sign FA's to a one-year deal with a player option on year two before the classic, please?

*gets jilted by a guy who was on the payroll for less than a month but still crushes the fans when he leaves*

What a rook move. I shake my head at myself.

You gave this guy a player option? Huh...

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:59 PM   #70
muns
Pro Starter

Geez.... what the heck is FA 2nd Mike Jones thinking on what he wants.. Cringer I have no idea why you didnt resign him.

Thats a steal there
Old 09-09-2008, 12:00 AM   #71
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimGuru View Post
Right now, it looks like Tadakuni Minami is making New York's ample Asian community very excited. Looking to the future, Chris Palmer should have it all, speed, power and leather, and mammoth whiffs in abundance too. Already popular with those who follow the team closely, look for him to emerge as a superstar as the decade nears its close.

ps thanks for the flyer! Look for it under windshields in the tri state area all winter long.

Former Ranchero Minami?

Good luck with that.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:10 AM   #72
kaosfere
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
You gave this guy a player option? Huh...

Actually, I think it was a mutual option. But yeah, I totally spaced on that whole deal.

Ah well. There will be others. I've still got Artie, Slap, and Dog House locked up for years to come.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:25 AM   #73
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Actually, I think it was a mutual option. But yeah, I totally spaced on that whole deal.

Ah well. There will be others. I've still got Artie, Slap, and Dog House locked up for years to come.

I did that once, with Christian Larsen. Not sure why I did it. Fortunately, Christian wanted to stay (I was the one who didn't pick up his option actually). But after I did that, I realized it probably wasn't going to matter much in getting him to sign (my original reason to offer it), and only opened me up to risk. So now I don't offer them.

You live and learn. Hope you get him back.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:23 AM   #74
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Did we ever figure out the transaction news mess? I have plenty of news for other random teams, but no reaction whatsoever from Stanford Jones on my low-ball offer. It's making it very difficult to follow the offseason when I'm not getting the news for my team.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:34 AM   #75
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
Did we ever figure out the transaction news mess? I have plenty of news for other random teams, but no reaction whatsoever from Stanford Jones on my low-ball offer. It's making it very difficult to follow the offseason when I'm not getting the news for my team.

The only thing I can think to try to do is to set the email messages to the defaults. I've been doing it with 0 for All the past few years and maybe that's not the trick, maybe the trick is to just use the "30" day option that the game defaults to and 0 (for all) box scores, logs and such.

So I'll do that starting with the next file and hopefully, that'll solve the problem. I'd implore everyone to delete all of your messages in your manager box starting now, to make sure that we can test that it's working right.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:30 PM   #76
magic_number
Mascot

So I'll do that starting with the next file and hopefully, that'll solve the problem. I'd implore everyone to delete all of your messages in your manager box starting now, to make sure that we can test that it's working right.

Done & my file is up...gotta run.
Those poor, timid spirits
Who know neither
Victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt - 1899
------------------------------
Compton Brothers (Since 1973)
magic_number is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 06:19 PM   #77
graygoose12
H.S. Freshman Team

It kind of makes me angry that in OOTP you can't make a new offer to a player who is already favoring your current offer? Does anybody know of a way to do this, without withdrawing your current offer? I think this is pretty stupid.
graygoose12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 06:36 PM   #78
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by graygoose12 View Post
It kind of makes me angry that in OOTP you can't make a new offer to a player who is already favoring your current offer? Does anybody know of a way to do this, without withdrawing your current offer? I think this is pretty stupid.

No, you can't. Lame, since in our league, it means you can't secure a guy because of the speed in which we do things..but no, there isn't. And of course, withdrawing your offer would mean you'd lose out on him completely.

So yes, very lame.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:45 PM   #79
graygoose12
H.S. Freshman Team

Well I guess he's not going to get the privilege of playing on Georgia's team.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:00 PM   #80
TimGuru
High School Varsity

I'm not sure if anyone else will notice this but I had exported last night before DC made the correction and now I have no pending offers after I downloaded the update. I presume if I make any new offers and export the old offers will get overwritten. Drat.

Just be advised. This is not a complaint I'm gald the glitch was caught and DC was able to correct it.
TimGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:01 PM   #81
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Well I guess he's not going to get the privilege of playing on Georgia's team.

Oooh...more smack talk. Georgia's team. As opposed to that team with 4 titles to the south of you?
Old 09-09-2008, 07:03 PM   #82
kaosfere
College Prospect

Quote:
I'm not sure if anyone else will notice this but I had exported last night before DC made the correction and now I have no pending offers after I downloaded the update. I presume if I make any new offers and export the old offers will get overwritten. Drat.

Just be advised. This is not a complaint I'm gald the glitch was caught and DC was able to correct it.

In the future, if you Export your team from its home page, then Import it after you download the update, your changes will be reloaded.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:07 PM   #83
graygoose12
H.S. Freshman Team

Nobody likes playing there, which is why a number of free agents have made their was from Valdosta to Atlanta over the years. They all want to play in a place where they get respect from their GM and the fans.

I am just trying to create as much of a rivalry as you can have in an online setting. Obviously Alan is the better GM, but I am just trying to have a bit of fun here.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:07 PM   #84
TimGuru
High School Varsity

ps Why in ANY report would I care more about uniform number than age. I mean, seriously
Old 09-09-2008, 07:08 PM   #85
TimGuru
High School Varsity

Quote:
In the future, if you Export your team from its home page, then Import it after you download the update, your changes will be reloaded.

Thank you. I always do it from manager home page but will change my ways.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:09 PM   #86
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Nobody likes playing there, which is why a number of free agents have made their was from Valdosta to Atlanta over the years. They all want to play in a place where they get respect from their GM and the fans.

I am just trying to create as much of a rivalry as you can have in an online setting. Obviously Alan is the better GM, but I am just trying to have a bit of fun here.

I love it. And I'm sure Alan doesn't mind. After all, he's got you playing catch up in the rings category.

I'm glad I moved Charleston to Atlanta. It's worked out just as I hoped, as both of you are competitive and it's the rivalry I hoped for. Now if we can just get that Boston v. Hartford rivalry going.

Old 09-09-2008, 07:09 PM   #87
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
ps Why in ANY report would I care more about uniform number than age. I mean, seriously

That's German Engineering!

Old 09-09-2008, 07:11 PM   #88
graygoose12
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
They wanted a new hot tub, but I told them to suck it up with the tin watering trough that had a motor boat engine inside.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:27 PM   #89
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

No worries here, I've actually admired what you have been able to do up north by getting the local Buckhead party crowd to show up for at least 3 or 4 innings of a game before leaving for more entertaining night life each night. Now if only something can be done about all of that horrible neighborhoods that your five fans have to drive through in Techwood leaving the game....

Old 09-09-2008, 07:34 PM   #90
kaosfere
College Prospect

Quote:
No worries here, I've actually admired what you have been able to do up north by getting the local Buckhead party crowd to show up for at least 3 or 4 innings of a game before leaving for more entertaining night life each night. Now if only something can be done about all of that horrible neighborhoods that your five fans have to drive through in Techwood leaving the game....

Loving it

Old 09-09-2008, 07:36 PM   #91
graygoose12
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:

Unfortunately I know nothing about Atlanta, so I'll have to take your word for that.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:15 PM   #92
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Exports are in. Ann Arbor absent, everyone is in otherwise. Getting ready to see who get Christmas Presents!
Old 09-09-2008, 09:17 PM   #93
muns
Pro Starter

So who is the best FA on the market in this years class? Id go with Benny Myers???
Old 09-09-2008, 09:17 PM   #94
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

LF George Baker (QCY) to 1-year deal worth $10 million with Hartford

RF Iwane Kobyashi (CPT) to a 1-year deal worth $3.25 million with Baltimore

Last edited by Young Drachma : 09-09-2008 at 09:20 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:19 PM   #95
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

OF Noah Wakeling (QCY) signed a 3-year deal worth $3.7 million with New Orleans

LF Chris Drew (ATL) signed a 3-year deal worth $4.2 million with Colorado
Old 09-09-2008, 09:19 PM   #96
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
LF George Baker (QCY) to 1-year deal worth $10 million

RF Iwane Kobyashi (CPT) to a 1-year deal worth $3.25 million

Wow, man We offered Baker the same deal.... Im kicking myself now as I still has like 4 mil i didnt use.....I didnt think you would go that high....

he came back to you.... Nice job DC
Old 09-09-2008, 09:19 PM   #97
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

SP Tom Williams (BAL) signed a 3-year contract worth $1.5 million with New Orleans
Old 09-09-2008, 09:20 PM   #98
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

No, he signed with you for $10 million. No way I'd ever do that. Sorry the team in ( ) is where they came from. But I'm gonna stop doing that. It takes too much time to look it up.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:21 PM   #99
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

SS Craig Spencer signed worth $2 million with New York
Old 09-09-2008, 09:21 PM   #100
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
SP Tom Williams (BAL) signed a 3-year contract worth $1.5 million with New Orleans

Very nice deal there Dizzy. Might as well take a flier on one of the best ever. Liked it