Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-09-2008, 10:41 PM   #151
graygoose12
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
So tomorrow night, Tien will be back on the market. And I'll set the VL not to allow roster changes until I can make the change to prevent them from signing former VL players, which is what the league was doing. It's just never been an issue before. But at least now we know it's happening. It was just my fault when I first set it up that I forgot to click "do not allow players from other leagues" or to allow our FAs to leave our league. But now I know to do it.

W00t.

I think you should leave him in the VL for a year and then bring him back next. It's your call though, and clearly not a big deal. I just think bringing a guy back after the 2nd free agent stage is not something that we should do. But he is just a MR so I am fine with it.

Last edited by graygoose12 : 09-09-2008 at 10:42 PM.
graygoose12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:43 PM   #152
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasan View Post
How do we see who we signed? None of the transaction logs even mention two guys I signed, but they are on my team. I can't remember the names of a couple other guys I offered to, so I'm not sure if I have them or not, or where they might have signed. Emails give no help either, as I see replies to teams that aren't mine from guys I didn't offer.

Team --> Transactions ---> Transactions Log

is how you get to your team's transaction log. As for the email system, might be time to spam OOTPland in regards to this obvious bug.

To see the league transactions log, go to FOOL --> Transactions --> Transaction News tab and then Complete Transactions Log

Quote:
Colorado Rancheros
All Transactions Nov 1974
Oct 1974 | Nov 1974
Friday, November 8th, 1974
Signed free agent CF R. McClure to a 2-year contract worth a total of $1,350,000.
Sunday, November 3rd, 1974
Signed free agent LF C. Drew to a 3-year contract worth a total of $4,220,000.

Old 09-09-2008, 10:44 PM   #153
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by graygoose12 View Post
I think you should leave him in the VL for a year and then bring him back next. It's your call though, and clearly not a big deal. I just think bringing a guy back after the 2nd free agent stage is not something that we should do. But he is just a MR so I am fine with it.

Well, I'm also fine with doing an open-air public auction for him for 22 1/2 hours and then awarding him to the team that wins tomorrow night. But he shouldn't be in the VL, even if it means he has to sit a year.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:45 PM   #154
graygoose12
H.S. Freshman Team

DC, I don't see any transactions from November at all. I've always had this issue. Is it possible that this is another thing that you see that we don't?

You also mentioned that transactions show up in the history section, but they are not there.

Last edited by graygoose12 : 09-09-2008 at 10:45 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:48 PM   #155
graygoose12
H.S. Freshman Team

The last transaction I see in the FOOL ----> Transaction is from Oct. 22
Old 09-09-2008, 10:49 PM   #156
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
DC, I don't see any transactions from November at all. I've always had this issue. Is it possible that this is another thing that you see that we don't?

You also mentioned that transactions show up in the history section, but they are not there.

I just went into regular user mode and can confirm what you're saying here.

I've about had it with this game. There are more flaws, bugs, UI problems and issues than anything. I do love it so, but the structural problems are such that, I honestly want to just create my own game.

I've had it.

I don't know what to tell you all. I'll update the league HTML right now, it'll be done in like an hour (it's slow as all hell) and then you can view everything I see, on there.

One sec, I'll get it prepared.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:51 PM   #157
graygoose12
H.S. Freshman Team

Well at least now we know what the problem is...

It's not a big deal, just thought you would like to know there is a problem.

Don't give up on OOTP though.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:01 PM   #158
Tasan
College Starter

Thanks a bunch. I want to know who to yell at for outbidding me!
Old 09-09-2008, 11:06 PM   #159
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasan View Post
Thanks a bunch. I want to know who to yell at for outbidding me!

When in doubt, Hartford is a good choice.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:19 PM   #160
kaosfere
College Prospect

Quote:
I've about had it with this game. There are more flaws, bugs, UI problems and issues than anything. I do love it so, but the structural problems are such that, I honestly want to just create my own game.

Yeah. It's a shame that the only thing worse is all the others.

OOTP definitely has the feel of one man's pet project, and that man is a lot more interested in solo play than online, it seems.

It's better than Baseball Mogul, though!

(Plus it runs natively on the Mac. /self-interest)
kaosfere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:20 PM   #161
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaosfere View Post
Yeah. It's a shame that the only thing worse is all the others.

OOTP definitely has the feel of one man's pet project, and that man is a lot more interested in solo play than online, it seems.

It's better than Baseball Mogul, though!

(Plus it runs natively on the Mac. /self-interest)

I'm strongly contemplating pouring my energy into developing an online sim. Because they certainly have a direction they're headed and well...blessed them for that and all, but...I think there are other ways to go.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:22 PM   #162
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
When in doubt, Hartford is a good choice.

You always have to take one shot at me every offseason dont ya
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:23 PM   #163
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Well, I'm also fine with doing an open-air public auction for him for 22 1/2 hours and then awarding him to the team that wins tomorrow night. But he shouldn't be in the VL, even if it means he has to sit a year.

Thank you for brining him back. Id like to be able to put in an offer on him for this year.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:25 PM   #164
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Major Transactions
All Transactions

If I waited for the game to generate all of the files, we'd be here all night. I just manually did it.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:41 PM   #165
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Exports are in. Ann Arbor absent, everyone is in otherwise. Getting ready to see who get Christmas Presents!

Two in a row, right? And I haven't seen allpro around in a while. Hope everything is okay.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:45 PM   #166
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
MR Stan Osborn signed a 3-year deal worth $6.9 million with Atlanta

Wow, didn't expect to see him available. And ATL got him for a very good price, too. That's a sub-3.00 ERA guy there who will be locked in for three more years after this contract runs out, and he still has room to improve.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:51 PM   #167
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
Anyone else really like Perez?? I think its a nice deal for NY and should bolster his lineup, but I dont see him coming close to having the same type of years here in the majors... Anyone think he hits over .250???

Im always horribly wrong, and I might be here, but im trying to learn here to, so this is kinda a selfish question with other motives

I think he hits over .250, but not by much. I think he'll hover around an .800 OPS. Decent starter, not much better than average, IMO, if at all.

He's also 29 and not getting any better. I think he's a bat with a little presence and can probably hit 20 HRs as often as not, but that contract at that age is, IMO, a little rich.

But I like seeing other teams splash the cash and try to make a difference, so good luck, Tim.

Old 09-09-2008, 11:52 PM   #168
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don't think he is going to be an excellent player, but should be productive. I think he could hit in the .260-.270 range, with some power and ability to get on base a bit.

Yup, that's probably a good estimation of what I thought.

Old 09-09-2008, 11:53 PM   #169
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Grrrrr.. Toronto signed the guy I threw all of my free agency money (not alot but about $2mil) at for a minor league contract.

I really hate ootp some times

Well, at least it wasn't Hartford like it is normally.

Old 09-09-2008, 11:55 PM   #170
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Well, at least it wasn't Hartford like it is normally.

SIGH

Im never gonna live these ones down am I?
Old 09-10-2008, 08:04 PM   #171
magic_number
Mascot

File up.
Those poor, timid spirits
Who know neither
Victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt - 1899
------------------------------
Compton Brothers (Since 1973)
magic_number is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 08:32 PM   #172
muns
Pro Starter

I have exported twice.... DC ill be around so if you go to run it and mine isnt there please let me know
Old 09-10-2008, 08:51 PM   #173
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Sheesh, sure is dead here tonight.

Old 09-10-2008, 08:52 PM   #174
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I'm pooped from a long day/week/month/year/decade of work.. Just kind of hanging around. I'm up for talking but my brain isn't working tonight

Old 09-10-2008, 08:53 PM   #175
kaosfere
College Prospect

Quote:

Watching the Cubs try not to lose their 9th out of 10, but I'm here.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:59 PM   #176
TimGuru
High School Varsity

I'm here too, trying to get my lower tiers in shipshape before spring training so i know whats what and my prospects are starters at the level i want them at. Last season I had a couple guys not play nearly enough because they shared time with shfiftyfive other guys.
TimGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:00 PM   #177
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimGuru View Post
I'm here too, trying to get my lower tiers in shipshape before spring training so i know whats what and my prospects are starters at the level i want them at. Last season I had a couple guys not play nearly enough because they shared time with shfiftyfive other guys.

I hate when that happens.... I always feel like it hurts their development when they dont play enough
Old 09-10-2008, 09:00 PM   #178
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I am here..and I am going to get your exports.

Away we go.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:02 PM   #179
kaosfere
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
I hate when that happens.... I always feel like it hurts their development when they dont play enough

How many of y'all let the AI manage the majority of your minor leagues, and who micromanages it by hand?
Old 09-10-2008, 09:03 PM   #180
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
How many of y'all let the AI manage the majority of your minor leagues, and who micromanages it by hand?

I micromanaged when I had a team, and I felt it helped my organization big time.

Old 09-10-2008, 09:04 PM   #181
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Exports are in: Ann Arbor, Brooklyn and Columbus absent.

Time to sim to the start of the pre-season.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:05 PM   #182
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:

I let the AI manage mine
Old 09-10-2008, 09:06 PM   #183
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I let the AI manage my major leagues!

Old 09-10-2008, 09:06 PM   #184
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Wednesday, December 18th, 1974
Texas Travelers: Signed free agent SP N. Valdés to a 1-year contract worth a total of $890,000.
Colorado Rancheros: Signed free agent 2B D. West to a 2-year contract worth a total of $570,000.
Monday, December 16th, 1974
Texas Travelers: Signed free agent 2B J. Perales to a 1-year contract worth a total of $345,000.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed free agent MR S. Vega to a 1-year contract worth a total of $780,000.
Thursday, December 12th, 1974
New York Highlanders: Signed free agent LF W. Connolly to a 2-year contract worth a total of $1,070,000.
Wednesday, December 11th, 1974
Baltimore Terrapins: Signed free agent RF J. López to a minor league contract.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed free agent C R. Nicholson to a 1-year contract worth a total of $285,000.
Tuesday, December 10th, 1974
New York Highlanders: Signed free agent CL B. Wood to a 1-year contract worth a total of $275,000.
Sunday, December 8th, 1974
New York Highlanders: Signed free agent LF L. Smith to a 2-year contract worth a total of $460,000.
Friday, December 6th, 1974
Hartford Harpooners: Signed RF F. Spindola to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $750,000.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed SS C. Hernández to a minor league contract extension.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed C A. Ortega to a minor league contract extension.
Baltimore Terrapins: Signed RF I. Kobayashi to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $1,020,000.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed SP E. Braun to a minor league contract extension.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed LF A. Shimizu to a minor league contract extension.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed SS F. Gutiérrez to a minor league contract extension.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed SS K. Shaffer to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $680,000.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed 3B I. Costa to a minor league contract extension.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed C D. Johnson to a minor league contract extension.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed RF Z. Eassson to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $1,020,000.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed 1B P. Auchinleck to a minor league contract extension.
Wednesday, December 4th, 1974
Hartford Harpooners: Signed 1B B. Hampton to a minor league contract extension.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed 3B T. Shimizu to a minor league contract extension.
Tuesday, December 3rd, 1974
Hartford Harpooners: Signed LF T. Hamilton to a minor league contract extension.
Colorado Rancheros: Placed LF C. Drew on the active roster.
Colorado Rancheros: Placed CF R. McClure on the active roster.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:08 PM   #185
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Monday, December 30th, 1974
Compton Brothers: Signed free agent SP N. Kitamura to a 7-year contract worth a total of $77,700,000.
Wednesday, December 25th, 1974
Colorado Rancheros: Signed free agent SP P. Maddox to a 4-year contract worth a total of $18,640,000.
Monday, December 23rd, 1974
New York Highlanders: Signed free agent LF T. Barber to a 1-year contract worth a total of $885,000.
Sunday, December 22nd, 1974
Baltimore Terrapins: Signed free agent SP D. Pitts to a 1-year contract worth a total of $3,210,000.
Saturday, December 21st, 1974
Texas Travelers: Signed free agent MR P. Salas to a 2-year contract worth a total of $570,000.
Baltimore Terrapins: Signed free agent MR M. Lott to a 2-year contract worth a total of $9,840,000.
New York Highlanders: Signed free agent LF R. McFarland to a 2-year contract worth a total of $870,000.
Friday, December 20th, 1974
Baltimore Terrapins: Signed free agent RF H. McKinney to a 1-year contract worth a total of $581,000.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:09 PM   #186
graygoose12
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Monday, December 30th, 1974
Compton Brothers: Signed free agent SP N. Kitamura to a 7-year contract worth a total of $77,700,000.

WOW
Old 09-10-2008, 09:09 PM   #187
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:

Interesting deal there
Old 09-10-2008, 09:10 PM   #188
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

That Kitmaura deal by Compton was serious. Wow. I offered him a deal, who else did? Man o' man. Glad to see them step it up for who they want.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:11 PM   #189
kaosfere
College Prospect

Quote:
That Kitmaura deal by Compton was serious. Wow. I offered him a deal, who else did? Man o' man. Glad to see them step it up for who they want.

I thought about it, but didn't think he was worth what it was likely going to take to get him.

Damn, though. Hope he works out for the Brothas!

Last edited by kaosfere : 09-10-2008 at 09:11 PM.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:11 PM   #190
graygoose12
H.S. Freshman Team

I offered 4 years, slightly less than 40 million
Old 09-10-2008, 09:12 PM   #191
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
I offered 4 years, slightly less than 40 million

I had a pretty creatively structured deal giving him 6 years and about 60-ish million or so. I don't actually remember. He went over the call of duty, giving him seven and all the better, because frankly...I don't want to be tied to a guy for that long.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:13 PM   #192
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Wednesday, January 1st, 1975
3B D. Conner retires.
SP C. Gálvez retires.
SP D. Giles retires.
LF A. Aguirre retires.
SP J. Pérez retires.
CF G. Rentería retires.
SP C. Lewthwaite retires.
SP R. Snell retires.
SP J. Bryant retires.
1B T. Pitts retires.
SP C. Trask retires.
SP C. Alvarado retires.
RF E. Álvarez retires.
SP P. Martínez retires.
SP C. Phelps retires.
MR T. Singleton retires.
SP S. Woodward retires.
3B M. Henry retires.
C G. Anderson retires.
SP J. Shelby retires.
2B P. Gentileschi retires.
RF R. Maxwell retires.
MR N. Thomas retires.
SP A. Costello retires.
SP J. Ritchie retires.
3B B. McDaniel retires.
SP P. Durán retires.
2B R. Escobar retires.
SP R. Wilson retires.
3B R. Patrick retires.
CF P. Sexton retires.
1B R. Jones retires.
CF D. Osborne retires.
SS J. Murphy retires.
CF J. Ramírez retires.
CF M. Wiggins retires.
SP J. Torres retires.
SP R. Richard retires.
3B C. Nicholson retires.
SP L. Thompson retires.
SP D. Calderón retires.
SP J. DeLacy retires.
SP A. Pueblo retires.
SP J. Newman retires.
MR B. Cooper retires.
SP B. Nichols retires.
SP J. Jones retires.
SP T. Reynolds retires.
SP O. López retires.
SP E. Spivey retires.
SS F. Lachance retires.
2B J. Pinto retires.
SP J. McGinty retires.
SP K. Stewart retires.
2B B. Llama retires.
SP T. Thomas retires.
MR J. Jackson retires.
SP J. Matsumoto retires.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:13 PM   #193
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:

I didnt. I think he overpaid, but for pitching overpaying is common and you gotta do it to compete. He got a guy that will sit atop his rotation for a while. He has an interesting team IMO.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:13 PM   #194
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I offered him a 2 year deal for something like 2.5mil total over the 2 years. I'm suprised he didn't take my offer.

Old 09-10-2008, 09:14 PM   #195
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Thursday, January 2nd, 1975
Texas Travelers: Signed free agent MR J. Valéncia to a 2-year contract worth a total of $3,990,000.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:14 PM   #196
kaosfere
College Prospect

Quote:
I offered him a 2 year deal for something like 2.5mil total over the 2 years. I'm suprised he didn't take my offer.

I know, right?

I mean that's worth about $50 million in the rest of the US, with Valdosta's current economic climate, isn't it?
Old 09-10-2008, 09:15 PM   #197
kaosfere
College Prospect

Quote:

Also, you realize that if muns or I had made that offer, he would have taken it, right?
Old 09-10-2008, 09:15 PM   #198
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I know, right?

I mean that's worth about $50 million in the rest of the US, with Valdosta's current economic climate, isn't it?

2.5 million will buy a bunch of Skoal

Old 09-10-2008, 09:16 PM   #199
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Also, you realize that if muns or I had made that offer, he would have taken it, right?

Only if muns offered him a minor league contract.

Old 09-10-2008, 09:16 PM   #200
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I don't know what's going on with the game, but...it's set not to let our FAs go to the VL. So I'm smart like I thought, but I'm guessing the VL vets are viewed to the VL as "their guys.." so that's the problem. But I lowered their salary cap to $1 million, so..that should solve the problem.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 09-10-2008 at 09:18 PM.