Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-15-2008, 11:46 PM   #51
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I'm manually uploading the league file, so you can download it in-game. FTP works way faster than the in-game way of doing it.

Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 11:49 PM   #52
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Thanks, DC.

I don't suppose you could put up an HTML link to the Transaction News in your file, could you? I had a ton of offers out, and I don't have a clue what happened with any of them, nor do I remember everyone I offered. As usual, the manager messages (looks like I got TOR's!) are of little to no use.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 12:04 AM   #53
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Here's the export report. Transactions are attached.
Code:
Date/time: Monday, September 15th, 2008 Saving the database... Database has been saved Starting to retrieve team files from server... Error: Could not import team Ann Arbor Wolverines from server. Could not load team file. Wrong date Successfully imported team Atlanta Firecrackers from server Successfully imported team Baltimore Terrapins from server Successfully imported team Brooklyn Brownstones from server Successfully imported team Chicago Thunderstorms from server Error: Could not import team Colorado Rancheros from server. Could not load team file. Wrong date Successfully imported team Columbus Crusaders from server Successfully imported team Compton Brothers from server Successfully imported team Hartford Harpooners from server Error: Could not import team Long Island Violators from server. Could not load team file. Wrong date Successfully imported team New Orleans Wrens from server Error: Could not import team New York Highlanders from server. Could not load team file. Wrong date Successfully imported team Rio Grande Roadrunners from server Successfully imported team Texas Travelers from server Successfully imported team Toronto Osprey from server Successfully imported team Valdosta Peanuts from server
Attached Images
File Type: pdf All Transactions Oct 1975.pdf (68.5 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Young Drachma : 09-16-2008 at 12:06 AM.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:04 AM   #54
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Oh, cool, I did find Bruce at least. I was wondering if I signed him. Welcome back to a Chief Rum team, John Bruce!

Don't know if I got anyone else, though. I see some guys I offered still out there (my offers are still on them), and some free agents to be I see I have succeeded in retaining. Other than that, don't have a clue. Phap.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:04 AM   #55
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Ghost HTML?

Old 09-16-2008, 12:04 AM   #56
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Nothing wants to work tonight. I try to post the export report and transactions, boards don't let me. What a night...
Old 09-16-2008, 12:05 AM   #57
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

BTW, my above post includes a "quote" of DC's empty post (I think he's trying to add a link ).

Old 09-16-2008, 12:07 AM   #58
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
Nothing wants to work tonight. I try to post the export report and transactions, boards don't let me. What a night...

Well, it's no biggie right now. Unlike tonight, tomorrow I will be around before deadline (and workout after the sim instead), so if we can get stuff figured out (who knows, maybe), I'll be able to check things out then.

Regardless, doesn't affect the ability to put up an export tomorrow (at least so far as I know).

Old 09-16-2008, 12:08 AM   #59
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

File is up. Don't know if it works yet, but it should. The entire tar.gz got sent up via Filezilla and I'm trying to download it now. So far, so good.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:08 AM   #60
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Oh, cool, the link you have there works.

Old 09-16-2008, 12:11 AM   #61
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

File worked for me when I downloaded it. Hope that solves our technical hiccups for the night. Cheerio.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:58 AM   #62
kaosfere
College Prospect

It works for me, DC.

Also, it looks like the biggest part of your export was the news directory, which contains all of the player images. 145MB of goodness there. That's where the size increase comes from, it looks like.

Looking at various rosters, I see players all the way down to HS level with pictures. Is image creation on for all players? If so, maybe we can set that to ML only. That should free up some room.

Did you delete player histories in an attempt to save space? None of my guys seem to have any history logs on their player pages any more.
SBL:
Charlotte Monarchs (1992-1994) 237 - 186
kaosfere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:15 AM   #63
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaosfere View Post
It works for me, DC.

Also, it looks like the biggest part of your export was the news directory, which contains all of the player images. 145MB of goodness there. That's where the size increase comes from, it looks like.

Looking at various rosters, I see players all the way down to HS level with pictures. Is image creation on for all players? If so, maybe we can set that to ML only. That should free up some room.

Did you delete player histories in an attempt to save space? None of my guys seem to have any history logs on their player pages any more.

The histories I dont think are DC. I noticed that a few seasons ago, and DC wasnt messing around with anything then. Im afraid it might be OOTP again
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:23 AM   #64
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
It works for me, DC.

I didn't do it recently, so it must've just added them and left 'em there. Weirdness.

It's not set to create new pictures for guys, so who knows. I'm gonna delete them though and have it generate new ones. That's a pain.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 09-16-2008 at 10:46 AM.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:09 PM   #65
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Issue 2

STAN JONES BACK TO CHICAGO
After beginning his career in the Windy City and establishing a reputation as one of the best hitting catchers in FOOL Stan Jones was shipped to Hartford in one of the more controversial trades in FOOL history.

Well after nine years away, he's back again.

The Rio Grande Roadrunners dealt the hard hitter slugger back to Chicago in exchange for Aurelio Torres, who since coming over from the Vulture League has been nothing more than a servicable backup player.

"We're happy with this deal. Cris Segura has done a great job as a starter, but bringing in a guy with the caliber of Stan Jones just makes us that much better," said Dark Cloud, in another move that's shaken up the defending FOOL World Champions, after sending ace Floyd Yarbrough to Texas a few days earlier.

The T-Storms also dealt Alejandro Corona to Toronto earlier today, acquiring two prospects in return for the All-Star outfielder.

Are the T-Storms done yet?

"We're going to assess things and make decisions based on common sense and rationality."

Fairly Duquette Is the New Owner in New Orleans

Fairly comes to FOOL from French Guiana where he made a fortune in unnamed agricultural products. He sees a good investment in a FOOL franchise. “Owners can skim millions off the top!” Of course, he likes to win too and because he's a private person, he will rebuild from within mostly. “ I want to win right away, but let's be realistic—this franchise has lost more games than any other in the last 15 seasons, and that legacy of losing won't be reversed overnight.” He has a few ideas, but it will take 5 or 10 seasons to see success. The last owner moved the team to New Orleans because that city is rebuilding a new renaissance. Hence, he named the team the New Orleans Rens. The new owner adopts the same theme, but adds a W for Wins. Thus, a Winning RENaissance means the new name is the New Orleans Wrens.

READING THE MARKET: FOOL ECONOMICS 201

With the recent shift in owners in FOOL, the league has been in a state of flux. Trades that would've once been snapped up are now being rejected before they hit the ground floor. Teams are being more conscience than ever about who they trade, ever more desirious to get an edge.

"It's really astounding that our league has such a diverse base of owners that some will love a particular guy, while others will hate him. Has nothing to do with ratings. We have such nuanced guys around here, it's crazy," said one owner who declined to be named for this story.

As the hot stove league in FOOL heats up, who'll go where is on everyone's mind. With the marketplace adjusting like never before, it'll be interesting to see what this week's action has in store.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:34 PM   #66
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Before the season starts, can we fix the baseball manager status page somehow? It looks like a second Chief Rum manager was created instead of just having the old one take the Atlanta job after Graygoose left. Probably not a big deal to anyone else, but I actually like tracking people's progress on that page and I'm sure most people know Chief is one of my favorite managers in ootp leagues.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 06:52 PM   #67
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Before the season starts, can we fix the baseball manager status page somehow? It looks like a second Chief Rum manager was created instead of just having the old one take the Atlanta job after Graygoose left. Probably not a big deal to anyone else, but I actually like tracking people's progress on that page and I'm sure most people know Chief is one of my favorite managers in ootp leagues.

I'd love to. But OOTP doesn't allow you to reassign a manager to a gig unless he's in Commissioner mode, meaning yes, I have to delete a manager and create a new one. Trust me, I've been thinking of this for a while and it's irritated me a lot. It's the reason I kept all of the managers on the manager section in-game for the longest time until I realized there was no way to reassign non-Commish peeps.

We can, therefore, create our own running manager count for people who leave, so when/if they come back, we can have a cohesive manager record for them.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 09-16-2008 at 06:53 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:03 PM   #68
kaosfere
College Prospect

Do you have any backups of the files before you removed the stale managers, DC? Didn't realize you'd done that recently. I was looking at the manager history in second week or so to figure out who had owned what when, and wanted to encapsulate it elsewhere.

I'd love to do that, if the info is still around anywhere.
SBL:
Old 09-16-2008, 07:07 PM   #69
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Do you have any backups of the files before you removed the stale managers, DC? Didn't realize you'd done that recently. I was looking at the manager history in second week or so to figure out who had owned what when, and wanted to encapsulate it elsewhere.

I'd love to do that, if the info is still around anywhere.

History All Managers Index
Old 09-16-2008, 07:08 PM   #70
kaosfere
College Prospect

Quote:

Oh! I saw that, but I thought there were folks missing. Turns out, I was just being dumb. Thanks.

Actually, no. There's some folks missing from that. I don't see Dizzy, for one. Hrm. Let me see if I have an old copy of anything somewhere.
SBL:
Old 09-16-2008, 07:12 PM   #71
kaosfere
College Prospect

Dola,

The FOOLnew.zip you have has all the old managers in it... looking at it now.
SBL:
Old 09-16-2008, 07:21 PM   #72
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

oh okay, good. Then I'll let you use that. Rock on.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 09-16-2008 at 07:22 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:25 PM   #73
kaosfere
College Prospect

FWIW, I've got a copy of that year's almanac up here.

It didn't create the history/ directory. I'm guessing that's turned off in the almanac options. I can't seem to access those without being the commish.

Can still get to the data from inside the game, though.
SBL:

Last edited by kaosfere : 09-16-2008 at 07:26 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:42 PM   #74
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Hey, everyone, I am back and around now til deadline. I have to run off a quick recruits export for my BBCF league, but after that, I will be checking out offers and making responses to emails. Thanks for your interest.

And for those of you who are considering an offer, now's the time to make it, because I have received offers, and if you blink in this league, boom, a player is moved and your left to overpay for Terry Singleton to fill RF.

Old 09-16-2008, 08:02 PM   #75
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Hey, everyone, I am back and around now til deadline. I have to run off a quick recruits export for my BBCF league, but after that, I will be checking out offers and making responses to emails. Thanks for your interest.

And for those of you who are considering an offer, now's the time to make it, because I have received offers, and if you blink in this league, boom, a player is moved and your left to overpay for Terry Singleton to fill RF.

Feel free to skip on the recruits in the BBCF league!

Old 09-16-2008, 08:07 PM   #76
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Feel free to skip on the recruits in the BBCF league!

lol...you already nabbed that nice JUCO CB who was at least a little bit eyeing me. What more do ya want?

Old 09-16-2008, 08:14 PM   #77
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
lol...you already nabbed that nice JUCO CB who was at least a little bit eyeing me. What more do ya want?

You really want me to answer that????

Old 09-16-2008, 08:23 PM   #78
magic_number
Mascot

Well, it was a good game last night the yanks won 4-2. Jeter did not get a hit to be #1, but the weather was great & the crowd very much into the game. Damn guy giving away the mouse pads tried to charge us 10 bucks for the free pads!!! I said no way, so he back off. Then the people sitting next to told us they had to pay $5! I HATE scams! All in all a great day in NYC. Now I can't wait for those seats with cup holders

File up, BTW I hope you IKE guys are doing well...Later.
Those poor, timid spirits
Who know neither
Victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt - 1899
------------------------------
Compton Brothers (Since 1973)
magic_number is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 08:28 PM   #79
TimGuru
High School Varsity

Highlanders export in. Highlanders probably zzzzz before the sim. Long week already. Grad school sucks.
TimGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 08:30 PM   #80
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
FWIW, I've got a copy of that year's almanac up here.

It didn't create the history/ directory. I'm guessing that's turned off in the almanac options. I can't seem to access those without being the commish.

Can still get to the data from inside the game, though.

I've attached it in PDF format.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf managers.pdf (28.3 KB, 4 views)
Old 09-16-2008, 08:31 PM   #81
kaosfere
College Prospect

Quote:
I've attached it in PDF format.

Excellent, thanks.

I'm waiting for a response on a trade offer from Rum... I might need to ask for a few minutes on the deadline tonight to get some FA offers in.
SBL:
Old 09-16-2008, 08:32 PM   #82
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

That one looks like 2 seasons old?

Old 09-16-2008, 08:33 PM   #83
kaosfere
College Prospect

Quote:

Yep. Did we lose any managers in 74? If not, that, plus the current list, should be complete.
SBL:

Last edited by kaosfere : 09-16-2008 at 08:33 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:34 PM   #84
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:

Yeah, it is. I'm going to combine it with this year's numbers to get an accurate count.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:54 PM   #85
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Working up an export real quick right now (most work done, just offering some min sal deals), but I may run over 5 mins or so. I have been concentrating on PMs. Since a lot of those involve the same players, I am holding back sending them out until they're all done (probably about 5 mins after I export). So if you're waiting on a PM, trust me, it's coming. Thanks for your patience.

Old 09-16-2008, 08:57 PM   #86
kaosfere
College Prospect

Righto. Please to let us Chief Rum for a little bit tonight, Mr Commish.
SBL:
Old 09-16-2008, 09:07 PM   #87
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

allpro has left Ann Arbor. They're an open team now. Just FYI.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:08 PM   #88
kaosfere
College Prospect

Aww. But Ann Arbor is such a pretty little town!

Can I have his players? (And cap?)
SBL:
Old 09-16-2008, 09:09 PM   #89
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Aww. But Ann Arbor is such a pretty little town!

Can I have his players? (And cap?)

No, but maybe I'll move there next year and move them to Cleveland.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:10 PM   #90
kaosfere
College Prospect

Cleveland?!

SBL:
Old 09-16-2008, 09:12 PM   #91
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

allpro left?!? Was it me?

Anyway, I am exported.

Old 09-16-2008, 09:14 PM   #92
kaosfere
College Prospect

Ok. Dark, I have an export ready to go if Chief declines my trade.

One way or another, you'll know as soon as I'm set for the import.
SBL:
Old 09-16-2008, 09:15 PM   #93
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
allpro left?!? Was it me?

Anyway, I am exported.

He said he's too busy, as I assumed when we didn't hear from him for a while.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:28 PM   #94
muns
Pro Starter

im just throwing it out there, that I offered up a fair share of MLC'S this sim, ya know for all you haters out there
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:30 PM   #95
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ok. Dark, I have an export ready to go if Chief declines my trade.

One way or another, you'll know as soon as I'm set for the import.

Oh, you should just run the sim. I sent back a PM, but it was on the assumption the sim would run. So don't hold up for me.

I sent back PMs to a few GMs. Got a couple more to go.

Old 09-16-2008, 09:31 PM   #96
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
im just throwing it out there, that I offered up a fair share of MLC'S this sim, ya know for all you haters out there

SP Victor Gonzalez (COL) signs with Hartford for a minor league contract

Old 09-16-2008, 09:34 PM   #97
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post

I swear, I'll get frustrated at OOTP if it happens yet again.

Old 09-16-2008, 09:34 PM   #98
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

hahaha

Ok, I'm gonna start simming.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:36 PM   #99
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I swear, I'll get frustrated at OOTP if it happens yet again.

Actually, I'll just ask to have my team number changed to #150...

Old 09-16-2008, 09:36 PM   #100
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Or not..Toronto hasn't exported and has for another few minutes...I'll take it out of his FOOL.tv Royalty check.