Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-01-2008, 10:16 PM   #251
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaosfere View Post
Ugh. Forum choking.

I don't think it's that big a deal, DC. It's not like there were a crapload of people flinging him money in the back half of this FA. Had you done it with someone in the 4-5 mil price range, it may have been different. A worthwhile experiment, at least.

And yes, it's funny as hell.

Well the exposed silliness of it proves it'll never happen. And I think that's a good thing.

And like you said, no one was trying to woo him. Not even Hartford and the prostitutes there.

I didn't want to do it with someone that people actually wanted. That would've been bad.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 10-01-2008 at 10:17 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 10:21 PM   #252
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

That said, who had the best offseason?

I think that the CL will be very interesting this year. Lots of teams at the top made the sorts of improvements that you made to take your team to the next level, whereas the teams at the bottom also got better. How about those Travelers, eh? Also impressed with what Toronto did to get back into the mix. I think Baltimore is the favorite at the moment and that Atlanta will surprise as it did two years ago.

The RL well....Hartford is the definitive favorite again with their Fab 4/5 depending on the hour.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:21 PM   #253
kaosfere
College Prospect

Hmm. Not many great pitching prospects.
SBL:
Charlotte Monarchs (1992-1994) 237 - 186
kaosfere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 10:23 PM   #254
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I'll be very interested to see things after this first generation is over. It'll be good because the talent threshold will come down a lot and guys in the middle tier who can't seem to make a career now, will be able to do well again. Or at least, I hope.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 10-01-2008 at 10:23 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:24 PM   #255
kaosfere
College Prospect

I feel a lot better about the '78 season than I did a few days ago. I think I played free agency just about as well as I could, and made a couple really hard trades which should hopefully be beneficial to me.

I also have a number of very promising young guys who could either flop without breaking my heart, or prove to be really big for low money for the next few years.

I'm looking forward to spring training.

edit: You broke my dola!
SBL:

Last edited by kaosfere : 10-01-2008 at 10:26 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:29 PM   #256
kaosfere
College Prospect

1 Compton Brothers $64,999,700

Nicely done, M#.
SBL:
Old 10-01-2008, 10:30 PM   #257
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Excited to see Baltimore return to the field as the Gothams again. Should be fun. Also love the Colorado cap look. Really spiffy.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:30 PM   #258
magic_number
Mascot

M#, out.
Those poor, timid spirits
Who know neither
Victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt - 1899
------------------------------
Compton Brothers (Since 1973)
magic_number is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 10:36 PM   #259
magic_number
Mascot

Quote:
1 Compton Brothers $64,999,700

Nicely done, M#.

We shall see... I thank you & all of our co-workers for a fun FA, keep the deals rolling, later.
Who know neither
Victory nor defeat."

Old 10-01-2008, 10:56 PM   #260
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

1978 DRAFT ORDER
1. Texas
2. New Orleans
3. San Diego
4. Toronto
5. Rio Grande
6. Chicago
7. Columbus
8. Long Island
9. New York
10. Colorado
11. Brooklyn
12. Compton
13. Atlanta
14. Baltimore
15. Valdosta
16. Hartford
Old 10-01-2008, 11:40 PM   #261
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
1978 DRAFT ORDER
1. Texas
2. New Orleans
3. San Diego
4. Toronto
5. Rio Grande
6. Chicago
7. Columbus
8. Long Island
9. New York
10. Colorado
11. Brooklyn
12. Compton
13. Atlanta
14. Baltimore
15. Valdosta
16. Hartford

Nice to know, thanks.

Odd that all the draftees are 17 eh?
Old 10-02-2008, 07:41 AM   #262
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
It's one of the rules we're working on, with the changes to the cash situation. We should have something by the end of the week. There will be time between when it's implemented, so it's not an overnight thing, but...there is progress being made and incentives over a certain amount is included in the latest proposal.

that's rather convenient, don't you think? nab a guy with a contract that looks like that, THEN change the rules to prevent it.

i wonder if he would've accepted my offer that i withdrew then, where i offered him 4 years but all four years were over $12million, along with a couple million dollar bonus for getting the MVP.

if you ask me, perhaps he should be cut and rebid on. but rules are rules, and i guess that contract is in the rules. leaves a bad taste in the mouth though. if the AI did this we'd be crying at how awful the game is.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 07:52 AM   #263
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
that's rather convenient, don't you think? nab a guy with a contract that looks like that, THEN change the rules to prevent it.

i wonder if he would've accepted my offer that i withdrew then, where i offered him 4 years but all four years were over $12million, along with a couple million dollar bonus for getting the MVP.

if you ask me, perhaps he should be cut and rebid on. but rules are rules, and i guess that contract is in the rules. leaves a bad taste in the mouth though. if the AI did this we'd be crying at how awful the game is.

He didnt sign for the hitter bonus. While I havent done what DC did, I have had that bonus in the 15 mil range, and the guy didnt end up signing with me... So take that for what its worth. I went skimpier with the salary range and the guy didnt bite on it it.....
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 08:23 AM   #264
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
That said, who had the best offseason?

I think that the CL will be very interesting this year. Lots of teams at the top made the sorts of improvements that you made to take your team to the next level, whereas the teams at the bottom also got better. How about those Travelers, eh? Also impressed with what Toronto did to get back into the mix. I think Baltimore is the favorite at the moment and that Atlanta will surprise as it did two years ago.

The RL well....Hartford is the definitive favorite again with their Fab 4/5 depending on the hour.

I havent looked at all the moves in game, as I got hit with like the flu last night, however in the RL as I look over the boards, dont think for one min you are sneaking up on anyone. You made some MAJOR moves that should put you right there.... You added 2 big bats that arent in the decline of their careers, and your pitching off my memory is stable (maybe besides your closer)....

On top of that im gonna be rushed to make my team this year. Im heading off to a coaching clinic to network on Friday morning at like 9:00am and im also staying in DC over the weekend as this goes till Sunday. So its gonna suck, im not gonna making it to the party friday night here to see how everyone did.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:51 AM   #265
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
He didnt sign for the hitter bonus. While I havent done what DC did, I have had that bonus in the 15 mil range, and the guy didnt end up signing with me... So take that for what its worth. I went skimpier with the salary range and the guy didnt bite on it it.....

that contract is severely backloaded. couple that with the minimal hit we take on releasing players it just leaves a bad taste in the mouth. i don't wanna ruffle too many feathers, but if we were allowed to offer contracts like that then i'm sure everyone would've done the same. and now, after the player has signed the contract and he's on the Thunderstorms does DC want to change the rules. that's doesn't sit well. either release the guy and we rebid, or don't change the rules so i can offer up ridiculously backloaded deals with $1billion bonuses to next season's crop of studs.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:06 AM   #266
TurnerONU22
High School Varsity

Quote:
that contract is severely backloaded. couple that with the minimal hit we take on releasing players it just leaves a bad taste in the mouth. i don't wanna ruffle too many feathers, but if we were allowed to offer contracts like that then i'm sure everyone would've done the same. and now, after the player has signed the contract and he's on the Thunderstorms does DC want to change the rules. that's doesn't sit well. either release the guy and we rebid, or don't change the rules so i can offer up ridiculously backloaded deals with $1billion bonuses to next season's crop of studs.

You'll still be allowed to offer up these deals, but limiting the cash flow will mean you're stuck with them, because you won't have enough cash to release them.
TurnerONU22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 10:22 AM   #267
Anthony
Banned

cool, i guess if no one has a problem then i don't have a problem. i just don't want any rules to be changed cuz i want to start offering contracts like this next season. i want to win too, ya know.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:29 AM   #268
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

My opinion on this is indifference...
Everyone in the league could of made that offer if they wanted too. If a rule was changed to allow a signing like this, and then changed again shortly after, then absoluty that would be bad. But as it is, this has been a legal tactic since day #1.
Perhaps the reason DC did this was to make future rule proposals to increase the importance of money, and to limit surplus cash more passible.
But if he wants to potentially pay him $53mil/season in 3 yrs when it is quite possible that we have less financial flexibilty, that is his risk.

One option I wish OOTP had, was a salary cap simular to the NHL's.
The cap hit is the average yearly salary over the length of the contract assuming the player reaches all bonuses...so in essence, the ammount a player counts agains the cap is the total value of the contract plus the total value of all potential bonuses, divided by the length of the contract. Deals like this would NEVER EVER happen in the NHL. In fact, I can't beleive this isn't an option (or even the standard setting) for OOTP (ok, I can believe it)

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
ekcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 11:00 AM   #269
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Deals like this would NEVER EVER happen in the NHL. In fact, I can't beleive this isn't an option (or even the standard setting) for OOTP (ok, I can believe it)

It was hard to get the game to make any of the progress it made this off-season. And even then, I promoted some major financial changes based on the tool that I created last year to calculate markets, etc., and they simply didn't go there and kept the same effectively broken system with more lipstick and makeup.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:02 AM   #270
kaosfere
College Prospect

How dare you refer to Markus as a pig!

SBL:
Old 10-02-2008, 11:06 AM   #271
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:

Your not ruffling any feathers, just looking out for the league, and i never have a problem with that even when i may disagree

Like someone else said, backloading has been here for a while now, so thats not new, but ill take it even a step further, and say again that this is all about strategy.

As of right now we have 30 million to cut guys with. Even if he does cut him 2 years out that kills that 30 million and he cant release anymore. So with the next crop of FA that are gonna be out there, he wont be able to afford another one of those types of contracts. You will then have one less guy to bid against.

Last note. DC isnt just changing the rules himself. From DC'S posts earlier on in threads, it seems he sent out PM'S (when Alan brought all this stuff up again a few days ago) to the BOD who then votes on the changes. So if he sent this stuff out before bidding which seems to be the case, there doesnt seem to be any wrong doing going on. Im just speaking on my experience with what usually happened when I was on the BOD the past 4 seasons.

Here is the quote

Quote:
One of the solutions I've proposed to the BoD is that we'd lower media money and ticket revenue, to effectively wash out the massive sums that teams have. Keep salaries where they are, but lower the revenues team make to flatten out the finances, making a rule like this -- and the releasing of big time contracts -- very hard to pull off without financial discipline.

I like this option, too.

Last edited by muns : 10-02-2008 at 11:09 AM.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:09 AM   #272
Anthony
Banned

it's not a prob. i just want the current rules to stay in place long enough for me to nab some uber players so i can land a championship or two, get those under my belt and worry about the consequences at some future point.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:25 AM   #273
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
it's not a prob. i just want the current rules to stay in place long enough for me to nab some uber players so i can land a championship or two, get those under my belt and worry about the consequences at some future point.

I know what your saying and where your coming from

I just didnt want that to turn into some overblown ordeal, and I didnt think that you would do that from your past in other leagues, however I wanted to point that stuff out before someone else came in jumped on the bandwagon and made something worse than it was....... ala Jimmyootp style
Old 10-02-2008, 12:04 PM   #274
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
I know what your saying and where your coming from

I just didnt want that to turn into some overblown ordeal, and I didnt think that you would do that from your past in other leagues, however I wanted to point that stuff out before someone else came in jumped on the bandwagon and made something worse than it was....... ala Jimmyootp style

Some Saturday night when we have no sim, someone will have to fill me on on the Jimmyootp story. I know I was around for him, but I must of missed the infamous thread. I have seen several references, but I am missing the joke...

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
Old 10-02-2008, 12:21 PM   #275
muns
Pro Starter

id do it now, but the I.T. department seems to want to keep taking my computers as they keep giving me ones that either blow up or dont have programs that i need.... So ill be without my computer here at work for the rest of the day... Its Good stuff though, will be fun retelling the story
Old 10-02-2008, 12:23 PM   #276
kaosfere
College Prospect

These seem to be the two relevant threads I found in some searching:

1971 Season Thread (Classic is over! FA starts tomorrow!) - Page 3 - Front Office Football Central
1972 Off-season Thread (Pre-Draft file is up!) - Page 2 - Front Office Football Central

Seems like a class act.
SBL:
Old 10-02-2008, 12:44 PM   #277
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

I think he was just misunderstood!

I am bored today, and no-one wants to trade me an ACE....so I think I'll write up an essay explaining the merrits of Jimmyootp's arguements, and draft a petition bringing him back to the league...

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
Old 10-02-2008, 12:46 PM   #278
kaosfere
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekcut View Post
I am bored today, and no-one wants to trade me an ACE....so I think I'll write up an essay explaining the merrits of Jimmyootp's arguements, and draft a petition bringing him back to the league...

Hahaha. Go for it.

Work has gotten quiet, all of a sudden. So I've restarted my '62 Mets dynasty using the Gambo DB, to see how that differs.
SBL:
Old 10-02-2008, 03:14 PM   #279
magic_number
Mascot

x-up
M#
Who know neither
Victory nor defeat."

Old 10-02-2008, 05:07 PM   #280
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Just a reminder for everyone so we can sim on time. Tonight is Spring training in addition to the draft.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:33 PM   #281
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

As a member of the BOD, frankly I am stunned by DC's move--because he will have killed his team in four years with that deal. Everyone knows we have been discussing cutting available cash. Payton's probably going to start getting bad right about that time that contract gets real bad. And DC won't have any choice but to keep him. If the numbers stick that we have been discussing, he won't even be able to cut him in his final year.

I highly recommend to the rest of the league that they DO NOT offer a deal like Payton got.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 08:24 PM   #282
muns
Pro Starter

I have exported....
Old 10-02-2008, 08:57 PM   #283
TurnerONU22
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
As a member of the BOD, frankly I am stunned by DC's move--because he will have killed his team in four years with that deal. Everyone knows we have been discussing cutting available cash. Payton's probably going to start getting bad right about that time that contract gets real bad. And DC won't have any choice but to keep him. If the numbers stick that we have been discussing, he won't even be able to cut him in his final year.

I highly recommend to the rest of the league that they DO NOT offer a deal like Payton got.

I guess he's thinking that his win window is now, and at the end of the deal, he'll blow up the team and be rebuilding, so he won't worry about the cap too much. That's something that I understand, not something that necessarily I'd do.

Last edited by TurnerONU22 : 10-02-2008 at 08:57 PM.
TurnerONU22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 09:01 PM   #284
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I appreciate the concern of not just the FOOL community, but apparently, all of FOFC wondering my about my sanity.

But suffice to say, that my record speaks for itself and I know what I'm doing.

So umm...how about I worry about the team in Chicago and other folks, worry about what they're doing in their places?

K, thx. xoxo

I did the move intentionally and if you look at past posts I've made over the past few weeks about cash in this league and the need for restrain fiscally, you'll know my position.

Anyway...it's spring training and I tell ya..it sure smells great out there.

I imagine that'll change after the season ends.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 10-02-2008 at 09:16 PM.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:08 PM   #285
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Even with all of my moves, I still say that Hartford is the presumptive favorite, that Compton is scary and that Long Island is improved.

We're probably gonna fall short. No really. It's just not gonna be all that great. But...we'll play anyway.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:11 PM   #286
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Getting exports.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:14 PM   #287
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Long Island didn't export. Everyone else was in.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:15 PM   #288
magic_number
Mascot

"I still say that Hartford is the presumptive favorite" by DC.

+++1
Who know neither
Victory nor defeat."

Old 10-02-2008, 09:16 PM   #289
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Processing trades.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:17 PM   #290
Tasan
College Starter

Muns is going down. He better bring his bats to Colorado, because he's gonna need every one of them.

/trashtalk
Old 10-02-2008, 09:18 PM   #291
Ramzavail
College Starter

sorry DC, got caught up in the debate...

I just can't deal via PM, I need to speak in a chat room, I need negotiation back and forth in a live chat. I was interested on working on a deal like that , but I guess I just can't work via PM on a trade, sorry man and sorry for everybody else who PMed me.

I think we should utilize the chat room more often
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 09:21 PM   #292
Tasan
College Starter

Does anyone here use AIM or YIM? I'd like to do trade dialog over some kind of instant messaging so there's a back and forth and my inbox doesn't get filled ;- )
Old 10-02-2008, 09:24 PM   #293
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

We'll work on that next time for sure. I usually go look in there, but I've been watching the debate too. Ok, it's time to sim.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:25 PM   #294
TimGuru
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasan View Post
Does anyone here use AIM or YIM? I'd like to do trade dialog over some kind of instant messaging so there's a back and forth and my inbox doesn't get filled ;- )

TimboFSG on AIM
timbo470 on Yahoo!

By appointment usually, I rarely turn them on as my ex wife is usually on there acting as a slut and takes the opportunity to pester me for money (and occassionally mis-IMs filthy things to me)
TimGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 09:26 PM   #295
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I usually don't have so set a schedule I can set up a time for a chat, and it's rare for me to happen to be online with whomever I am negotiating with. So it's PMs for me.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:26 PM   #296
Tasan
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimGuru View Post
TimboFSG on AIM
timbo470 on Yahoo!

By appointment usually, I rarely turn them on as my ex wife is usually on there acting as a slut and takes the opportunity to pester me for money (and occassionally mis-IMs filthy things to me)

Oh thats gotta be fun.

Like a knife in the eye fun.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:27 PM   #297
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Thursday, February 2nd, 1978
Chicago Thunderstorms: Signed free agent SS Y. Ohayashi to a minor league contract.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed SP C. Mayes to a minor league contract extension.
New Orleans Wrens: Signed SP J. Sánchez to a minor league contract extension.
New Orleans Wrens: Signed SP M. Salazar to a minor league contract extension.
New Orleans Wrens: Signed SP J. Rosário to a minor league contract extension.
Colorado Rancheros: Signed free agent SP J. McGrath to a 3-year contract worth a total of $855,000.
New Orleans Wrens: Signed RF M. Simons to a minor league contract extension.
Colorado Rancheros: Signed free agent 3B A. Rodríguez to a minor league contract.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed free agent SP B. Reynoso to a 2-year contract worth a total of $10,000,000.
Colorado Rancheros: Signed free agent RF R. Ruíz to a 5-year contract worth a total of $50,955,000.
New Orleans Wrens: Signed SP I. Valle to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $13,140,000.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed SP P. Smith to a minor league contract extension.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed LF R. Miller to a minor league contract extension.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed 3B L. Martínez to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $680,000.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed 3B C. Mercado to a minor league contract extension.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed MR A. Montoya to a minor league contract extension.
Rio Grande Roadrunners: Signed free agent CF L. Rodríguez to a 3-year contract worth a total of $26,955,000.
New Orleans Wrens: Signed SS S. Arthur to a minor league contract extension.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent CF S. Hairston to a 1-year contract worth a total of $285,000.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed LF L. Currell to a minor league contract extension.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed LF S. Rivera to a minor league contract extension.
Columbus Crusaders: Signed C Á. Ramírez to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $37,470,000.
New Orleans Wrens: Signed RF A. Rodríguez to a minor league contract extension.
New Orleans Wrens: Signed 2B T. Brasco to a minor league contract extension.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed 2B M. Logan to a minor league contract extension.
New Orleans Wrens: Signed RF V. Castellanos to a minor league contract extension.
Chicago Thunderstorms: Signed free agent SP M. Lott to a 2-year contract worth a total of $2,030,000.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed free agent 2B C. Springer to a 1-year contract worth a total of $190,000.
New York Highlanders: Signed free agent 1B K. Connolly to a 1-year contract worth a total of $450,000.
San Diego Fathers: Signed free agent MR B. Sims to a 2-year contract worth a total of $1,590,000.
Brooklyn Brownstones: Signed free agent MR R. Pate to a 1-year contract worth a total of $2,500,000.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed MR C. Schumaker to a minor league contract extension.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed SP R. Heredia to a minor league contract extension.
New Orleans Wrens: Signed MR M. Hernández to a minor league contract extension.
New Orleans Wrens: Signed SP A. Vinck to a minor league contract extension.
New Orleans Wrens: Signed RF R. Vinson to a minor league contract extension.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed SP A. Hernández to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $1,590,000.
New Orleans Wrens: Signed RF D. Veeck to a minor league contract extension.
New Orleans Wrens: Signed MR A. Torres to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $2,430,000.
New Orleans Wrens: Signed LF R. Robinson to a minor league contract extension.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed 1B M. Bowlin to a minor league contract extension.
Chicago Thunderstorms: Signed free agent 2B M. Bagby to a minor league contract.
San Diego Fathers: Signed free agent C J. Garza to a 1-year contract worth a total of $815,000.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed 1B T. Slaughter to a minor league contract extension.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed free agent MR R. Massey to a 1-year contract worth a total of $310,000.
New Orleans Wrens: Signed LF P. Moran to a minor league contract extension.
New Orleans Wrens: Signed CF D. Nix to a minor league contract extension.
Chicago Thunderstorms: Signed free agent 2B R. Barajas to a minor league contract.
Wednesday, February 1st, 1978
New Orleans Wrens: Signed SP S. Johnson to a minor league contract extension.
New Orleans Wrens: Signed MR J. Pierce to a minor league contract extension.
New Orleans Wrens: Signed MR R. Gil to a minor league contract extension.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed CF D. Hall to a minor league contract extension.
Brooklyn Brownstones: Signed free agent 1B M. Román to a 2-year contract worth a total of $2,500,000.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:29 PM   #298
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Round 9
Round 9, Pick 1 - Texas Travelers: C N. Yamamoto
Round 9, Pick 2 - New Orleans Wrens: CF M. Mendoza
Round 9, Pick 3 - San Diego Fathers: LF J. Schultz
Round 9, Pick 4 - Toronto Osprey: CL G. Alba
Round 9, Pick 5 - Rio Grande Roadrunners: MR Á. Pérez
Round 9, Pick 6 - Chicago Thunderstorms: CF M. Acevedo
Round 9, Pick 7 - Columbus Crusaders: SP L. Mintey
Round 9, Pick 8 - Long Island Violators: SP M. Cruz
Round 9, Pick 9 - New York Highlanders: SP N. King
Round 9, Pick 10 - Colorado Rancheros: CF M. Ramos
Round 9, Pick 11 - Brooklyn Brownstones: C B. Marín
Round 9, Pick 12 - Compton Brothers: MR R. Flores
Round 9, Pick 13 - Atlanta Firecrackers: RF M. Gonzáles
Round 9, Pick 14 - Baltimore Gothams: SP T. Sano
Round 9, Pick 15 - Valdosta Peanuts: 1B J. Palmer
Round 9, Pick 16 - Hartford Harpooners: C R. Toyota
Round 8
Round 8, Pick 1 - Texas Travelers: LF J. Rivera
Round 8, Pick 2 - New Orleans Wrens: 1B B. Jones
Round 8, Pick 3 - San Diego Fathers: CF N. White
Round 8, Pick 4 - Toronto Osprey: CF C. Lewis
Round 8, Pick 5 - Rio Grande Roadrunners: CF J. Moreno
Round 8, Pick 6 - Chicago Thunderstorms: 3B R. Contreras
Round 8, Pick 7 - Columbus Crusaders: SS C. García
Round 8, Pick 8 - Long Island Violators: 1B F. Evans
Round 8, Pick 9 - New York Highlanders: 2B J. Méndez
Round 8, Pick 10 - Colorado Rancheros: MR W. Byrd
Round 8, Pick 11 - Brooklyn Brownstones: MR W. Meeks
Round 8, Pick 12 - Compton Brothers: LF S. Davenport
Round 8, Pick 13 - Atlanta Firecrackers: MR R. O'Moynagh
Round 8, Pick 14 - Baltimore Gothams: 3B L. Reyes
Round 8, Pick 15 - Valdosta Peanuts: MR J. García
Round 8, Pick 16 - Hartford Harpooners: MR J. Meléndez
Round 7
Round 7, Pick 1 - Texas Travelers: SP C. Hathaway
Round 7, Pick 2 - New Orleans Wrens: 1B C. Cameron
Round 7, Pick 3 - San Diego Fathers: SP W. Kaufman
Round 7, Pick 4 - Toronto Osprey: SP P. Dearborn
Round 7, Pick 5 - Rio Grande Roadrunners: SP J. Davis
Round 7, Pick 6 - Chicago Thunderstorms: SP D. Walsh
Round 7, Pick 7 - Columbus Crusaders: SP J. Gallegos
Round 7, Pick 8 - Long Island Violators: SP J. López
Round 7, Pick 9 - New York Highlanders: CL A. Marín
Round 7, Pick 10 - Colorado Rancheros: CF L. Martin
Round 7, Pick 11 - Brooklyn Brownstones: C J. Hernández
Round 7, Pick 12 - Compton Brothers: CF Á. Ramírez
Round 7, Pick 13 - Atlanta Firecrackers: C W. Luo
Round 7, Pick 14 - Baltimore Gothams: MR B. Mueller
Round 7, Pick 15 - Valdosta Peanuts: LF J. Rodríguez
Round 7, Pick 16 - Hartford Harpooners: RF M. Valéncia
Round 6
Round 6, Pick 1 - Texas Travelers: RF M. Yi
Round 6, Pick 2 - New Orleans Wrens: SP E. Hall
Round 6, Pick 3 - San Diego Fathers: RF G. Malone
Round 6, Pick 4 - Toronto Osprey: RF M. Veillette
Round 6, Pick 5 - Rio Grande Roadrunners: RF E. Cochrane
Round 6, Pick 6 - Chicago Thunderstorms: SP J. Wilson
Round 6, Pick 7 - Columbus Crusaders: SP R. Yorke
Round 6, Pick 8 - Long Island Violators: RF G. Sawyer
Round 6, Pick 9 - New York Highlanders: SP C. Warner
Round 6, Pick 10 - Colorado Rancheros: SP S. Griffith
Round 6, Pick 11 - Brooklyn Brownstones: SS W. Sexton
Round 6, Pick 12 - Compton Brothers: RF E. Colón
Round 6, Pick 13 - Atlanta Firecrackers: MR F. Towns
Round 6, Pick 14 - Baltimore Gothams: RF A. Stuckey
Round 6, Pick 15 - Valdosta Peanuts: SP J. Ruíz
Round 6, Pick 16 - Hartford Harpooners: SP A. Arpin
Round 5
Round 5, Pick 1 - Texas Travelers: SP D. Keeble
Round 5, Pick 2 - New Orleans Wrens: SP J. Zúñiga
Round 5, Pick 3 - San Diego Fathers: SP G. Zanco
Round 5, Pick 4 - Toronto Osprey: SP V. Mercado
Round 5, Pick 5 - Rio Grande Roadrunners: SP M. Vance
Round 5, Pick 6 - Chicago Thunderstorms: SP S. Ford
Round 5, Pick 7 - Columbus Crusaders: MR E. Fleming
Round 5, Pick 8 - Long Island Violators: MR A. Meurs
Round 5, Pick 9 - New York Highlanders: SP A. González
Round 5, Pick 10 - Colorado Rancheros: RF S. Jenkins
Round 5, Pick 11 - Brooklyn Brownstones: SS S. Davis
Round 5, Pick 12 - Compton Brothers: SP J. Miller
Round 5, Pick 13 - Atlanta Firecrackers: MR J. Rivera
Round 5, Pick 14 - Baltimore Gothams: SP L. Ivory
Round 5, Pick 15 - Valdosta Peanuts: RF M. Sweeney
Round 5, Pick 16 - Hartford Harpooners: SS J. Peters
Round 4
Round 4, Pick 1 - Texas Travelers: RF P. Duval
Round 4, Pick 2 - New Orleans Wrens: SP C. Blevins
Round 4, Pick 3 - San Diego Fathers: C R. Flores
Round 4, Pick 4 - Toronto Osprey: RF L. González
Round 4, Pick 5 - Rio Grande Roadrunners: RF S. Martínez
Round 4, Pick 6 - Chicago Thunderstorms: SP C. King
Round 4, Pick 7 - Columbus Crusaders: MR J. Hussey
Round 4, Pick 8 - Long Island Violators: 3B M. Barnett
Round 4, Pick 9 - New York Highlanders: CF D. Harper
Round 4, Pick 10 - Colorado Rancheros: SP A. Contreras
Round 4, Pick 11 - Brooklyn Brownstones: 2B J. Yi
Round 4, Pick 12 - Compton Brothers: LF K. Turner
Round 4, Pick 13 - Atlanta Firecrackers: MR A. Rodríguez
Round 4, Pick 14 - Baltimore Gothams: LF D. Im
Round 4, Pick 15 - Valdosta Peanuts: SP R. Smith
Round 4, Pick 16 - Hartford Harpooners: 3B J. Romero
Round 3
Round 3, Pick 1 - Texas Travelers: SP C. Olivas
Round 3, Pick 2 - New Orleans Wrens: SP G. Lawson
Round 3, Pick 3 - San Diego Fathers: CF D. Blais
Round 3, Pick 4 - Toronto Osprey: LF T. Ito
Round 3, Pick 5 - Rio Grande Roadrunners: SP W. López
Round 3, Pick 6 - Chicago Thunderstorms: RF C. Argo
Round 3, Pick 7 - Columbus Crusaders: MR A. Córdova
Round 3, Pick 8 - Long Island Violators: SP T. Claessens
Round 3, Pick 9 - New York Highlanders: SP A. Newman
Round 3, Pick 10 - Colorado Rancheros: MR L. Jenkins
Round 3, Pick 11 - Brooklyn Brownstones: MR R. Attenborough
Round 3, Pick 12 - Compton Brothers: SP C. Sutherland
Round 3, Pick 13 - Atlanta Firecrackers: MR R. Clarke
Round 3, Pick 14 - Baltimore Gothams: RF H. Jensen
Round 3, Pick 15 - Valdosta Peanuts: RF J. Vélez
Round 3, Pick 16 - Hartford Harpooners: C J. Nadeau
Round 2
Round 2, Pick 1 - Texas Travelers: 1B D. González
Round 2, Pick 2 - New Orleans Wrens: SP C. Gilbert
Round 2, Pick 3 - San Diego Fathers: 1B A. Montgomery
Round 2, Pick 4 - Toronto Osprey: 3B C. Tai
Round 2, Pick 5 - Rio Grande Roadrunners: SP G. Knight
Round 2, Pick 6 - Chicago Thunderstorms: SP R. López
Round 2, Pick 7 - Columbus Crusaders: CF E. Medrano
Round 2, Pick 8 - Long Island Violators: LF Y. Kubo
Round 2, Pick 9 - New York Highlanders: SP A. Wilson
Round 2, Pick 10 - Colorado Rancheros: C R. Wilkerson
Round 2, Pick 11 - Brooklyn Brownstones: 2B D. Francis
Round 2, Pick 12 - Compton Brothers: SP E. Dupree
Round 2, Pick 13 - Atlanta Firecrackers: MR B. Newell
Round 2, Pick 14 - Baltimore Gothams: SP E. Guerrero
Round 2, Pick 15 - Valdosta Peanuts: 2B E. Ostrom
Round 2, Pick 16 - Hartford Harpooners: SS N. Weeteling
Round 1
Round 1, Pick 1 - Texas Travelers: RF L. Hendrickson
Round 1, Pick 2 - New Orleans Wrens: 1B E. Sánchez
Round 1, Pick 3 - San Diego Fathers: SP A. Lewis
Round 1, Pick 4 - Toronto Osprey: SP H. Kim
Round 1, Pick 5 - Rio Grande Roadrunners: 1B H. Zhào
Round 1, Pick 6 - Chicago Thunderstorms: 3B S. Dawson
Round 1, Pick 7 - Columbus Crusaders: 3B T. Dale
Round 1, Pick 8 - Long Island Violators: 1B F. Tapia
Round 1, Pick 9 - New York Highlanders: LF M. Rice
Round 1, Pick 10 - Colorado Rancheros: MR F. Rodríguez
Round 1, Pick 11 - Brooklyn Brownstones: RF R. Berrios
Round 1, Pick 12 - Compton Brothers: C F. Banda
Round 1, Pick 13 - Atlanta Firecrackers: SP S. Blaeck
Round 1, Pick 14 - Baltimore Gothams: RF M. Zuwiski
Round 1, Pick 15 - Valdosta Peanuts: SP D. Boily
Round 1, Pick 16 - Hartford Harpooners: MR T. Hall
Old 10-02-2008, 09:33 PM   #299
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I got my 9, 10 and 11 with my first three picks. So that's nice. One SP and two MRs who will probably end up SP.

Then I got 39, 41, and 49 (all MRs, lotsa pitching for me) to round out the ones I had on my list.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:33 PM   #300
magic_number
Mascot

Compton Brothers: C F. Banda it may have been worse...
Who know neither
Victory nor defeat."