Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-21-2009, 09:09 PM   #51
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post

Napa Valley 7, Edmonton 3

Napa Valley is the 2028 Continental League Champions!

I'd like to dedicate this victory to Tasan. (see comment about moving above)

TeachEnEspanol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:10 PM   #52
Tasan
College Starter

Come on Hammersmith. If I can't be in the big dance, I'd much rather see Hammersmith and Napa duke it out.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:10 PM   #53
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
CLCS Game 5:

Morgan pitches for Edmonton (1-0 0.00 ERA this postseason)
vs
Montoya for Napa Valley (1-0 0.00 ERA this postseason)

Napa Valley jumps on Morgan early as Montoya the pitcher helps his own cause in the bottom of the second with a RBI double to go up 1-0 vs Edmonton. The Edge respond immediately in the top of the third however on a solo home run by Pina that ties things up 1-1.

The Winemakers show no signs of slowing down however in the bottom of the inning with a RBI single from Diaz and a 2-run RBI double from Chavez, Napa Valley goes up 4-1.

Edmonton shows signs of desperation as they pinch hit for their pitcher in the top of the 5th, but the pinch hitter Conboy slams one 431 feet for a solo home run that cuts the lead down to 4-2!

Edmonton deciding to do a test for Muns, brings in St-Cyr to pitch the bottom of the 5th. He indeed does his best Mitch Williams impression as he gives up a lead off single to Velona, walks Gathee on 4 straight before Fen reaches thanks to an Error by the Right fielder! With the bases loaded, Chavez hits one to the center fielder which is caught, but the runner at third tags up and scores easily. Wallace follows with a RBI single and that is all for St-Cyr! Napa Valley ends up scoring three runs in the inning and go up 7-2!

Edmonton's spirit is broken, as they manage to only score once in the remainder of the game. Montoya pitches 7.1 innings, allowing only 2 earned runs on 7 hits and Napa Valley knocks Edmonton out of the playoffs!

Napa Valley 7, Edmonton 3

Napa Valley is the 2028 Continental League Champions!

Sonofa.....!!!!

Teach, you embarrased my pitching staff!! Heck of a job! Goodluck in the final, keep the Championship in the league it belongs!!

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
ekcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:11 PM   #54
Tasan
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachEnEspanol View Post

I'd like to dedicate this victory to Tasan. (see comment about moving above)

See if I root for you again!
Old 07-21-2009, 09:12 PM   #55
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

RLCS Game 5:

Olivares for Ann Arbor (1-0 2.25 ERA this postseason)
vs
Coleman for Hammersmith (0-1 10.80 ERA this postseason)

Bignell hits a RBI single in the bottom of the 1st to take the early lead. A J.D. Blackmore 3-run home run in the bottom of the 5th increases Hammersmith's lead to 4-0!

Ann Arbor gets one of the runs back in the top of the 6th on a Jesus Estrada Sacrifice fly, but Hammersmith returns the favor in the bottom of the inning when Rafael Rodriguez hits a RBI single that makes the score 5-1.

Chandy leads off the top of the 9th with a solo home run, but all that does is brings Will Brooks into the game who gets Weeks to ground out and strikes out Hanna. Brendan Jones is then hit by a pitch but Fei harmlessly lines out to the left fielder and Hammersmith after being down 2-0 has rung up 3 straight wins!

Hammersmith 5, Ann Arbor 2

Hammersmith leads the series 3-2

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:13 PM   #56
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasan View Post

But I dedicated it to you all special-like.

Have I ever gone against Chief? I would LOVE too...I vote for that match-up too!
Old 07-21-2009, 09:14 PM   #57
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The 6th game of the RLCS is brought to you by Honey Nut Cheerios (I am hungry and just poured myself a bowl!)

Old 07-21-2009, 09:14 PM   #58
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:

ha ha i love this league.

This the way it is over in the other 2???
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:15 PM   #59
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Have I ever gone against Chief? I would LOVE too...I vote for that match-up too!

Yes, Napa Valley defeated Hammersmith in 2019!

Old 07-21-2009, 09:15 PM   #60
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
The 6th game of the RLCS is brought to you by Honey Nut Cheerios (I am hungry and just poured myself a bowl!)

HAAAAAAAa 2 posts in a row where im laughing my ass off
Old 07-21-2009, 09:16 PM   #61
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Twice! And you beat me both times. This was back when I ran a team somewhere in Georgia.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:17 PM   #62
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Ha ha

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:18 PM   #63
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yes, Napa Valley defeated Hammersmith in 2019!

Oof, I forgot about that one. Much more recent. But I am pretty sure we met up decades ago as well, sometime in the 80s.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:18 PM   #64
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Quote:

Sweet, Sponsors! We're in the big time now.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:18 PM   #65
Tasan
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Twice! And you beat me both times. This was back when I ran a team somewhere in Georgia.

Stupid crackers!
Old 07-21-2009, 09:20 PM   #66
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

RLCS Game 6:

Retter for Hammersmith (1-0 2.25 ERA this postseason)
vs
Ewbank for Ann Arbor (1-0 1.29 ERA this postseason)

Ann Arbor evidently likes the home cooking as thus far in the series the home team has won ever single game. The Winged Ligerines lead off the 1st inning with a lead on an Estrada Solo shot. They add to it in the bottom of the second on a Hanna 2-run home run that gives them a 3-0 lead.

Hammersmith gets one back in the third inning and then tie it back up in the 4th inning as Miguel Rodriguez doubles home two runs!

Francisco Salinas had been a fairly quiet bat for most of this series until the 5th inning when he cranks a 404 foot 3-run home run that puts Ann Arbor up 6-3. Another Hanna home run, this time a solo shot adds an insurance run in the bottom of the 6th.

Hammersmith gets a Cuevas 2-run homer in the top of the 9th, but is unable to come back and the Home team wins yet again!

Ann Arbor 7, Hammersmith 5

The RLCS is tied 3-3!

Old 07-21-2009, 09:20 PM   #67
Tasan
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
ha ha i love this league.

This the way it is over in the other 2???

Aren't you in those with me?

FOOLX doesn't get any of my wisecracking because its waaaaay too early in the morning for my smartypants. FOOLH I don't think has started yet really. Unless I missed something today.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:21 PM   #68
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Oof, I forgot about that one. Much more recent. But I am pretty sure we met up decades ago as well, sometime in the 80s.

My memory might be fuzzy but I think Atlanta and Napa Valley were both CL teams and the only postseason matchup was 2019. Teach entered the league roughly the same time you left Colorado back in the stone ages when Carlos Gonzales was the best pitcher ever.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:22 PM   #69
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Stupid crackers!

It's funny, since I left the high altitude of Colorado more than 50 years ago, both fanbases I have coached since then have been prone to sophomoric violence and stupidity. And in both cases, my team is essentially named after them.

Just checked the lists. 2019 was the only Napa vs (Chief team) in FOOL history. Surprised, coulda sworn we had met up before.

BTW, wow, Teach beat muns a lot in the old league Classics.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:23 PM   #70
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
My memory might be fuzzy but I think Atlanta and Napa Valley were both CL teams and the only postseason matchup was 2019. Teach entered the league roughly the same time you left Colorado back in the stone ages when Carlos Gonzales was the best pitcher ever.

You're right, and I think that's where that thread of memory is coming from. I probably played Teach a couple times in the playoffs way back when.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:23 PM   #71
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

RLCS Game 7:

Despite both teams taking different pitching rotation strategies, they both end up with their ace in game 7!

Hernandez pitches for Hammersmith (1-1 5.06 ERA this postseason)
vs
Bartolo Rodriguez for Ann Arbor (0-1 3.68 ERA this postseason)

The Home team has won all 6 games so far this series, which goes strongly in Ann Arbor's favor.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:23 PM   #72
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
RLCS Game 6:

Retter for Hammersmith (1-0 2.25 ERA this postseason)
vs
Ewbank for Ann Arbor (1-0 1.29 ERA this postseason)

Ann Arbor evidently likes the home cooking as thus far in the series the home team has won ever single game. The Winged Ligerines lead off the 1st inning with a lead on an Estrada Solo shot. They add to it in the bottom of the second on a Hanna 2-run home run that gives them a 3-0 lead.

Hammersmith gets one back in the third inning and then tie it back up in the 4th inning as Miguel Rodriguez doubles home two runs!

Francisco Salinas had been a fairly quiet bat for most of this series until the 5th inning when he cranks a 404 foot 3-run home run that puts Ann Arbor up 6-3. Another Hanna home run, this time a solo shot adds an insurance run in the bottom of the 6th.

Hammersmith gets a Cuevas 2-run homer in the top of the 9th, but is unable to come back and the Home team wins yet again!

Ann Arbor 7, Hammersmith 5

The RLCS is tied 3-3!

Glad to get a shot here, and with Hernandez going. I think allpro's got BRod going, though.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:24 PM   #73
Tasan
College Starter

Well Napa and Atlanta were both in the CL, right? And Teach wasn't around when you were with Colorado, so no chance there either.

Make this happen, Chief!
Old 07-21-2009, 09:25 PM   #74
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Quote:

FOOLX doesn't get any of my wisecracking because its waaaaay too early in the morning for my smartypants. FOOLH I don't think has started yet really. Unless I missed something today.

Man, I don't think I want to live in a world without your smartypants ways!
Old 07-21-2009, 09:25 PM   #75
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:

Nope I chose not to buy this time as I think my 40 bucks will show Marcus that he needs to actually FIX his game before putting out a new one. LOL glad that worked out well for me huh

Well that and I didnt want to pony up the money due to real life issues, but im in a different spot now. Still dont like giving him money though for the simple point of it......

What i woulnt give for HR to be in a better spot life wise..
Old 07-21-2009, 09:25 PM   #76
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well Napa and Atlanta were both in the CL, right? And Teach wasn't around when you were with Colorado, so no chance there either.

Make this happen, Chief!

Doing what I can. This is going to be a tough one to win, though.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:25 PM   #77
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Quote:

Make this happen, Chief!

How quickly he turns on me.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:26 PM   #78
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:

there is a name of the past!!!!
Old 07-21-2009, 09:26 PM   #79
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The scoring starts off in the top of the 2nd, Bignell leads the inning off with a solo home run, and then three batters later Desilets hits a RBI double, and then later scores on a Rafael Rodriguez RBI single as Hammersmith goes up 3-0!

(Side note: Sometimes I get annoyed announcing games for Hammersmith since they have two players named Rodriguez in their line up which requires me to differentiate between the two in the play by play. If one of them ends up with a career ending injury, I had nothing to do with it.)

Old 07-21-2009, 09:27 PM   #80
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
It's funny, since I left the high altitude of Colorado more than 50 years ago, both fanbases I have coached since then have been prone to sophomoric violence and stupidity. And in both cases, my team is essentially named after them.

Just checked the lists. 2019 was the only Napa vs (Chief team) in FOOL history. Surprised, coulda sworn we had met up before.

I think Eric had my number more than anyone though.....
Old 07-21-2009, 09:27 PM   #81
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Quote:

Well I couldn't even remember that one.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:27 PM   #82
Tasan
College Starter

Quote:
Man, I don't think I want to live in a world without your smartypants ways!

I think there are those around these parts that would disagree.

I hope that was confusing enough.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:28 PM   #83
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
(Side note: Sometimes I get annoyed announcing games for Hammersmith since they have two players named Rodriguez in their line up which requires me to differentiate between the two in the play by play. If one of them ends up with a career ending injury, I had nothing to do with it.)

Ha ha! Now I have a tiebreaker when I am uncertain on which players to draft.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:28 PM   #84
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

In the bottom of the 6th, Ann Arbor breaks through against Hernandez with a RBI double from Chaundy that at least puts them on the board 3-1. They score again in the bottom of the 7th as Hernandez is knocked from the game. Linseman hits a RBI single that cuts the lead down to 3-2 after 7 innings....

Old 07-21-2009, 09:28 PM   #85
Tasan
College Starter

Quote:
How quickly he turns on me.

Hey I'm not turning! Just all the rooting goes to Chief right now since you had the decency to wrap things up early!
Old 07-21-2009, 09:29 PM   #86
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
The scoring starts off in the top of the 2nd, Bignell leads the inning off with a solo home run, and then three batters later Desilets hits a RBI double, and then later scores on a Rafael Rodriguez RBI single as Hammersmith goes up 3-0!

HA HA...... Geez now that I look at it Chief has a ton of Latin players on his squad.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:29 PM   #87
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think Eric had my number more than anyone though.....

He had everyone's number. And when I managed to get by him, you usually had my number.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:29 PM   #88
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
I think there are those around these parts that would disagree.

I hope that was confusing enough.

Na I think we tolerate you fine
Old 07-21-2009, 09:30 PM   #89
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

In the bottom of the 8th, Ann Arbor goes to town on Cardona. Estrada leads off with a single, Salinas hits a double before Chaundy strikes out and Weeks grounds out.

With 2 on and 2 out, Hanna hits a RBI single that ties up the game 3-3!! JOnes follows with a RBI single of his own and that puts Ann Arbor into the lead for the first time this game. Jones gets a bit over-excited and gets caught trying to steal second on the next hitter, but none the less after 8 innings, the home team Winged Ligerines is winning 4-3!

Old 07-21-2009, 09:31 PM   #90
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Quote:
Hey I'm not turning! Just all the rooting goes to Chief right now since you had the decency to wrap things up early!

Fair enough.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:31 PM   #91
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
HA HA...... Geez now that I look at it Chief has a ton of Latin players on his squad.

It's a big time selling point in my "Free Agency" brochures to Latino offseason targets.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:32 PM   #92
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
In the bottom of the 8th, Ann Arbor goes to town on Cardona. Estrada leads off with a single, Salinas hits a double before Chaundy strikes out and Weeks grounds out.

With 2 on and 2 out, Hanna hits a RBI single that ties up the game 3-3!! JOnes follows with a RBI single of his own and that puts Ann Arbor into the lead for the first time this game. Jones gets a bit over-excited and gets caught trying to steal second on the next hitter, but none the less after 8 innings, the home team Winged Ligerines is winning 4-3!

Cardona! So much talent, so little consistency.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:32 PM   #93
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:

another good game!!!!
Old 07-21-2009, 09:33 PM   #94
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Carlos Galvez comes in to pitch for Ann Arbor in the top of the 9th. He gives off a lead off walk to one of the Rodriguez brothers (I'm not going to tell you which, so there!). Then Rosales follows with a single.

JD Blackmore strikes out for the first out of the inning, but then vs Aguilar one of the pitches gets away from Galvez and rolls all the way to the backstop.. Rodriguez comes in to score on the wild pitch and we are tied up once again 4-4!

Aguilar ends up grounding out and then Bignell flies out to end the top of the 9th, but not before Hammersmith tied it!

In the bottom of the 9th, De Los Santos comes in to pitch for Hammersmith. De Los Santos was a free agent until opening day this season when Hammersmith called his agent and they quickly agreed to terms. He proves his worth in this inning as he gets Fei, Linseman and Mejia 1-2-3 and we are headed to extra innings!!

Old 07-21-2009, 09:33 PM   #95
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
It's a big time selling point in my "Free Agency" brochures to Latino offseason targets.

That gave me chuckle
Old 07-21-2009, 09:34 PM   #96
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Carlos Galvez comes in to pitch for Ann Arbor in the top of the 9th. He gives off a lead off walk to one of the Rodriguez brothers (I'm not going to tell you which, so there!). Then Rosales follows with a single.

JD Blackmore strikes out for the first out of the inning, but then vs Aguilar one of the pitches gets away from Galvez and rolls all the way to the backstop.. Rodriguez comes in to score on the wild pitch and we are tied up once again 4-4!

Aguilar ends up grounding out and then Bignell flies out to end the top of the 9th, but not before Hammersmith tied it!

In the bottom of the 9th, De Los Santos comes in to pitch for Hammersmith. De Los Santos was a free agent until opening day this season when Hammersmith called his agent and they quickly agreed to terms. He proves his worth in this inning as he gets Fei, Linseman and Mejia 1-2-3 and we are headed to extra innings!!

It's Rafael!

Old 07-21-2009, 09:34 PM   #97
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:

WOW!!!!!!!!

I thought for sure Blackmore would be a hero. BTW that was a huge signing for Cheif IMO
Old 07-21-2009, 09:35 PM   #98
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

In the top of the 10th, the other Rodriguez grounds out and Carroll pops out to quickly give Galvez 2 outs.

Desilets starts a 2-out rally however with a Double, only to be followed by a Cuevas 2-run home run that barely gets over the left field fence. Hammersmith has gone up 6-4 in the 10th!

Some other guy named Rodriguez then steps up to the plate but grounds out to end the inning....

Entering the bottom of the 10th, Hammersmith leads 6-4...

Old 07-21-2009, 09:35 PM   #99
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Good work from De Los Santos. Not that I am surprised. While we did come to an agreement right before the start of the season, he has never pitched for any team but the Hooligans. Was surprised he managed to "survive" an offseason without an offer worth signing.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:37 PM   #100
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
In the top of the 10th, the other Rodriguez grounds out and Carroll pops out to quickly give Galvez 2 outs.

Desilets starts a 2-out rally however with a Double, only to be followed by a Cuevas 2-run home run that barely gets over the left field fence. Hammersmith has gone up 6-4 in the 10th!

Some other guy named Rodriguez then steps up to the plate but grounds out to end the inning....

Entering the bottom of the 10th, Hammersmith leads 6-4...

Miguel!

Rafael is the skinny quick one. Miguel is the squat, chunky one.

Oh man, I'm sweating now. Who's going to come out now to close this, with De Los Santos already on the mound? Does he go another? Or maybe we turn to Brooks?