Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-19-2021, 07:38 AM   #2851
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Fun Fact: Several top Bigfoot researchers now believe that the creature in the picture is female. They claim that it clearly has lady sized breasts or "sexual nerves".
Old 02-19-2021, 08:12 AM   #2852
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Fun Fact: Several top Bigfoot researchers now believe that the creature in the picture is female. They claim that it clearly has lady sized breasts or "sexual nerves".

It also appears pregnant
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 08:16 AM   #2853
BYU 14
Coordinator

To be fair so does Ted
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 08:26 AM   #2854
Bee
Pro Starter

I might have been looking at the wrong picture.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 08:41 AM   #2855
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I'm not going to watch the video, but I see all sorts of posts about Trump Jr blaming the TX debacle on a Democrat Governor. Is he that big a dumbass about who is currently the TX governor, or is he blaming a former TX governor or another state's governor for what is clearly a TX problem? I mean, they took themselves off the national grid for chrissakes!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 08:51 AM   #2856
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I'm not going to watch the video, but I see all sorts of posts about Trump Jr blaming the TX debacle on a Democrat Governor. Is he that big a dumbass about who is currently the TX governor, or is he blaming a former TX governor or another state's governor for what is clearly a TX problem? I mean, they took themselves off the national grid for chrissakes!

I haven't watched the video either, but I am seeing a lot on social media about it and the argument is being made he was making a sweeping generalization about democratic governors in general.

Regardless, it is really pathetic how he is trying to be like his father and fail miserably at it.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 09:10 AM   #2857
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I'm pretty sure Jr. was saying that the media, based in NY, wasn't criticizing Cuomo, but he said it in a hard-to-follow manner.

And he's wrong, Cuomo is all over the media, but Jr lying is to be expected.
Old 02-19-2021, 10:50 AM   #2858
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Ted Cruz is a woman? That is not the twist I expected.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 11:02 AM   #2859
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Ted Cruz is a woman? That is not the twist I expected.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Well if you expected it then it wouldn't be a very good twist would it?
Old 02-19-2021, 02:35 PM   #2860
Ksyrup

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 02-19-2021, 03:17 PM   #2861
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 03:32 PM   #2862
BYU 14
Coordinator

Genius
Old 02-19-2021, 03:54 PM   #2863
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Isn't Ted Cruz celebrating the Republican philosophy in a nutshell which is when something bad happens it's on you to figure it out and help yourself, not government?
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 11:21 PM   #2864
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I haven't watched the video either, but I am seeing a lot on social media about it and the argument is being made he was making a sweeping generalization about democratic governors in general.

Regardless, it is really pathetic how he is trying to be like his father and fail miserably at it.

It's why I've never believed the people who talked about a Trump Dynasty. Trump's Trumpiness extends to exactly one person in his family: Donald Trump. Not Don Jr. Not Ivanka. Not Kushner. Not Eric or Barron - lol. I'm sure there will be another Trumpian fascist - they just won't be in the Trump family.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 12:35 PM   #2865
miami_fan
Coordinator

Wait! MyPillow guy actually had "QAnon" as a discount promo code for his website?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 12:47 PM   #2866
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Wait! MyPillow guy actually had "QAnon" as a discount promo code for his website?

LOL, how does someone that fucking wacky and broken get to his level of success? Man, Murica!
Old 02-22-2021, 12:51 PM   #2867
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
LOL, how does someone that fucking wacky and broken get to his level of success? Man, Murica!

I think if we can find the answer to that question, it will also answer the question of why are the kardasians so popular. It would be like the unified field theory, but, for people like them, haha!

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 02:03 PM   #2868
Thomkal
Head Coach

Supreme Court ruled today that the grand jury in NY can have access to Trump's tax returns. I think (God I hope) that this is the last challenge Trump has on this
Old 02-22-2021, 02:32 PM   #2869
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I am guessing that the tax returns will show criminal conduct, but it will be complicated and obfuscated and hard for the layperson to understand.

We aren't going to find cancelled checks from Putin with "For Treason" in the memo line.

It will be hundreds of pages of financial filings, and the crimes will be things like "used an unreasonable estimate of depreciation of certain assets in a way that improperly induced certain entities to offer terms on loans that they would not have otherwise offered."

Not gonna change any minds.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 02:37 PM   #2870
Ksyrup

Does anyone care if it changes minds? I can only believe that the long play people like McConnell are hoping for is that Trump will be charged with one or more crimes that will either tie him up during his next run for presidency or (less likely) result in him pleading or being found guilty which would effectively end his political career - at least with a major party. I can't imagine the GOP putting up a presidential candidate under indictment. As a matter of fact, I kinda hope NY doesn't indict him until around this time in 2023.
Old 02-22-2021, 02:38 PM   #2871
Atocep
Coordinator

"He's a businessman. Everyone does it."
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 02:41 PM   #2872
PilotMan
Head Coach

Capone went to jail on tax evasion and they made a movie about it and celebrated the win. Today, if trump went to jail for tax evasion people would be like, "so? that's not a real crime" and "it's not what you said he did, why can't you catch him on the 'bad' stuff?" and the scoffing would go on and on. idc which way you get him, but get him, because it's obvious that he's been skirting the law for decades.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 02:44 PM   #2873
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I always figured MyPillow was some kind of front for distributing crack.

ETA: I think I'll start my own crack distribution network. Is "MyCrack" being used?

Last edited by NobodyHere : 02-22-2021 at 02:45 PM.
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 02:58 PM   #2874
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Does anyone care if it changes minds? I can only believe that the long play people like McConnell are hoping for is that Trump will be charged with one or more crimes that will either tie him up during his next run for presidency or (less likely) result in him pleading or being found guilty which would effectively end his political career - at least with a major party. I can't imagine the GOP putting up a presidential candidate under indictment. As a matter of fact, I kinda hope NY doesn't indict him until around this time in 2023.

I think the GOP as a whole would love it if everyone named Trump was under indictment so they could use that as an excuse to "turn" from them. I mean more than they already have by trying to overthrow the government of course.

I think whatever they find will be difficult to explain to you or I unless you are a tax lawyer.
Old 02-22-2021, 04:36 PM   #2875
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
I think if we can find the answer to that question, it will also answer the question of why are the kardasians so popular. It would be like the unified field theory, but, for people like them, haha!

I've been watching things when ads for Floribama Shore come on. And I'm just...why?
Old 02-22-2021, 08:49 PM   #2876
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

At least as big a danger as jail is Trump getting civil sued to bankruptcy. All the evidence of inflating assets for loans can come back in civil cases.
Old 02-23-2021, 10:06 AM   #2877
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
I've been watching things when ads for Floribama Shore come on. And I'm just...why?

I hear you man. I will never get it. Maybe I'm just predisposed to avoid 'drama' and 'gossip'. I don't watch things like the Bachelor or Tiger King, Survivor, etc...because all of them have their foundations based on some kind of drama (usually manufactured by the producers) and is completely uninteresting. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind some mindless entertainment now and then, but, how shitty or backstabbing people can act towards one another is not entertainment to me. If I want cheesy drama, I'll go watch an old episode of the A-Team.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 02-23-2021, 10:49 AM   #2878
molson
General Manager

Quote:
I hear you man. I will never get it. Maybe I'm just predisposed to avoid 'drama' and 'gossip'. I don't watch things like the Bachelor or Tiger King, Survivor, etc...because all of them have their foundations based on some kind of drama (usually manufactured by the producers) and is completely uninteresting. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind some mindless entertainment now and then, but, how shitty or backstabbing people can act towards one another is not entertainment to me. If I want cheesy drama, I'll go watch an old episode of the A-Team.

I would have said this 5 years ago but I'm falling into the vortex a little a bit. There's a few I watch when I do other things. I may have gotten my girlfriend a Cameo from a noted reality show F-level celebrity. It's kind of like watching Family Guy to me, or pro wrestling, like it's an over-the-top cartoon, and it's funny when people do horrible and ridiculous things because they're not real people. They're all parodies of life.

Last edited by molson : 02-23-2021 at 10:50 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 12:18 PM   #2879
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I'm on this train, too. If there's going to be manufactured drama, I want the good guys to win and the bad guys to lose (see: A-Team). Not something where there are no literal winners or losers, only, well, a bunch of losers. To me, that's just nihilism. And a mean-spirited nihilism at that.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 02-23-2021 at 12:20 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 12:53 PM   #2880
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I would have said this 5 years ago but I'm falling into the vortex a little a bit. There's a few I watch when I do other things. I may have gotten my girlfriend a Cameo from a noted reality show F-level celebrity. It's kind of like watching Family Guy to me, or pro wrestling, like it's an over-the-top cartoon, and it's funny when people do horrible and ridiculous things because they're not real people. They're all parodies of life.

Oh right on. Hopefully she has a good experience with it if it happens, since I know it can help kick start peoples careers. Love Family Guy and old school WWF! Obviously these shows are popular, so as long as there's a market, they will keep making them haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice
I'm on this train, too. If there's going to be manufactured drama, I want the good guys to win and the bad guys to lose (see: A-Team). Not something where there are no literal winners or losers, only, well, a bunch of losers. To me, that's just nihilism. And a mean-spirited nihilism at that.

SI

Exactly! I think that's part of why I don't those certain shows, it's that mean-spirited nihilism. I think that mean spiritedness is what draws many people to someone like trump or the my pillow guy.

Old 02-25-2021, 08:56 AM   #2881
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Trump's taxes officially in the Manhattan DAs office. Apparently it is millions of pages.

I've thought that a good progressive slogan to run on isn't "I will make your taxes simpler."

It is "I will make millionaires' and billionaires' taxes simpler."

The complexity of the tax code does not apply to 99% of us. It is all there so guys like Trump can pay lawyers hundreds of thousands so that he can get out of paying the government hundreds of thousands.

Maybe I'm just jealous I didn't go into tax law :-)
Old 02-25-2021, 09:01 AM   #2882
Ksyrup

I'm not jealous. God I hated tax law class. Worst grade of my law school career.
Old 02-25-2021, 09:26 AM   #2883
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
I'm not jealous. God I hated tax law class. Worst grade of my law school career.

That's how I felt about IP. Hated the class and got my worst grade in it.

I actually really liked tax. They were like little math/logic problems.

I didn't have any sort of a business background, and I wanted to do litigation more than planning/corporate, so it didn't really make sense to pursue it further. But it was strangely enjoyable for a semester.
Old 02-25-2021, 10:16 AM   #2884
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Trump's taxes officially in the Manhattan DAs office. Apparently it is millions of pages.

I've thought that a good progressive slogan to run on isn't "I will make your taxes simpler."

It is "I will make millionaires' and billionaires' taxes simpler."

The complexity of the tax code does not apply to 99% of us. It is all there so guys like Trump can pay lawyers hundreds of thousands so that he can get out of paying the government hundreds of thousands.

Maybe I'm just jealous I didn't go into tax law :-)

We'll never have a flat tax because the current system works well for the 1%.
Old 02-25-2021, 10:27 AM   #2885
molson
General Manager

Quote:
That's how I felt about IP. Hated the class and got my worst grade in it.

I actually really liked tax. They were like little math/logic problems.

I didn't have any sort of a business background, and I wanted to do litigation more than planning/corporate, so it didn't really make sense to pursue it further. But it was strangely enjoyable for a semester.

I also really liked tax - it was a nice break from everything else in that it felt like there was a specific tangible answer to work towards, rather than just applying a legal standard to facts. I even took two semesters of it and floated in my head the idea of a Tax LLM if I couldn't find a good job. Wills and & Trusts was kind of similar, I liked solving a problem of where the money goes in a messy family situation.

I also really liked Business Associations. I think that was the 2L/3L course I took that was the most real-world useful, in terms of understanding why businesses do what they do and don't do.

I was afraid of IP. I enjoyed its dumbed-down second-cousin Copyright though.
Old 02-25-2021, 11:01 AM   #2886
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Some of my best friends are attorneys, and since meeting them I've become fascinated with finding out how they picked their areas of expertise. My best friend is a Family Law attorney, and I just have no idea how he handles it.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 11:14 AM   #2887
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
Some of my best friends are attorneys, and since meeting them I've become fascinated with finding out how they picked their areas of expertise. My best friend is a Family Law attorney, and I just have no idea how he handles it.

I was working towards being a city attorney, that seemed like the right fit for me. I spent my first law school summer working in a city attorney's office. In looking for a 2L summer job, I basically cold-called an Alaska city about working in their office - they said, well, we already have a law student there, but do you want to be a prosecutor for the summer? I had never considered doing that before, but enjoyed it and gained a ton of experience up there, and here I am 15 years later still in that general field. I still tried to be a city attorney, I interviewed in New York and Chicago and a bunch of other places, but the prosecutor's offices were much more interested in me because I had already done multiple trials by the time I graduated.

For us non-elite students, from non-elite schools, you have to be a bit flexible with what opportunities present themselves. But I created a resume that made it clear I was interested in public service, so that probably helped too.

I have a friend who just became a judge and has been thrown into Family law stuff. I don't know how handles it. But he is not the same. I wonder if he regrets taking the job, it seems incredibly grueling.

Last edited by molson : 02-25-2021 at 11:17 AM.
Old 02-25-2021, 12:22 PM   #2888
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Omg. I just drove past a house in my neighborhood. They always had a Trump flag. Took it down right after the 6th. Today I noticed it was replaced. With a space force flag.
Old 02-25-2021, 12:56 PM   #2889
Ksyrup

I knew I wanted to be some sort of "transactional" lawyer - I never much cared for trial work - and I fell into insurance regulation/administrative law by clerking for the Department of Insurance during law school. One of the great/underrated things about a law school in a state capitol is all of the government clerking opportunities. After 5 years of clerking/practicing, I was able to make the leap to a firm. Specific regulatory expertise pays well, so while my buddies were trying to make it on huge billable hour requirements billing $100/hour, I was billing triple that. I think when I left private practice in 2012 for an in-house insurance position, I was billing near $600/hour.

So, I landed in a good field of expertise, but it was completely arbitrary. I had no clue what I was going to do when I went to law school.
Old 02-25-2021, 06:10 PM   #2890
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

lol

McConnell said that if Trump is the 24 nominee, he'll support him.
Old 02-25-2021, 06:20 PM   #2891
BYU 14
Coordinator

Gawd McConnell is a slithering piece of shit
Old 02-26-2021, 05:48 AM   #2892
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

"Bob, we need to throw a bone to the Evangelicals at CPAC. Any ideas?"

"Well, you know I'm not a big Bible guy, but I remember something about worshiping golden idols. I'm pretty sure that they were into that. Or maybe against it? No, I think they liked it. Well, anyway, something about worshiping golden idols."

"Sounds great. Senator Graham has a statute that I'm sure he'd be happy to lend us."
Old 02-26-2021, 06:20 AM   #2893
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

That statue is. Something else.
Old 02-26-2021, 06:34 AM   #2894
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

A political party should probably not abandon decades of principles and decide to stand for nothing except for the worship of one man.

But the GOP decided to do that. OK. Fine. I disagree, but that's not really an issue.

What I STILL don't get is why THIS man? He's one of the worst people in the world. His only redeeming quality is that he fell out of a vagina that happened to be in a family with lots of money.

You could group up every conservative in the country and pick natural born citizens over age 35 at random and you would probably have to get several thousand in before you found someone worse than him.

Have a living god. Pray to your golden calf. Weep with joy at the wonders of Dear Leader. But, you know, maybe pick a better Dear Leader?
Old 02-26-2021, 06:38 AM   #2895
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
What I STILL don't get is why THIS man?
Because he makes leftists madder than any other politician in our lifetime. It ain't that hard. The enemy of my enemy is my friend and all that. *shurg*
Old 02-26-2021, 06:43 AM   #2896
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

*albion looks at self posting about Trump in late February*

You might have a point, Ben.
Old 02-26-2021, 09:02 AM   #2897
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

https://www.indy100.com/news/trump-c...tatue-b1807946

Sooo... This is normal, right?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 02-26-2021, 09:43 AM   #2898
BYU 14
Coordinator

Sure, I have one of myself in every room of the house.

These folks are really in a dark, delusional place and they deserve where it will take them.
Old 02-26-2021, 10:49 AM   #2899
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Sure, I have one of myself in every room of the house.

These folks are really in a dark, delusional place and they deserve where it will take them.

Problem is they could very well take us all with them.
Old 02-26-2021, 10:55 AM   #2900
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
That statue is. Something else.

Definitely not a cult.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote