Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-13-2010, 10:50 PM   #1
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Techies: SWF to AVI conversion?

I am looking to try and convert an SWF file to AVI and am having a bitch of a time doing it. I do have the original FLA file in Flash, and I thought I would just export to AVI and that would be it - but for some reason, Flash crashes EVERY DAMN TIME I try and export the movie. I have tried all different compression types and codecs and everything - but it always crashes. I was able to get it to SWF format no problem, but I want it in AVI format! I have downloaded a couple of trials and programs that I found, but all I got were either 3 second long movies (my movie should be a little over 4 minutes) or a piece of nasty spyware.

Anyone done this? I'd prefer to be able to do it for free (I imagine there has to be some decent freeware out there to do it) but if I have to, I will pay a small bit...

PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:02 PM   #3
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Hmm - I hadn't seen this one yet, although it doesn't seem to take SWF directly. I am going to try and get my file into FLV format and see if that helps.

Thanks for another lead at the very least, Suicane
Old 08-14-2010, 08:45 AM   #4
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Zamzar - Free online file conversion
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 09:41 PM   #5
victoria52
n00b

Actually, you need a video converter. First, you can try some online converter but most of them have more or less limitation. So, if they can't meet your needs, you can try some other free video converter like this one: VideoSolo Free Video Converter. It is a piece of software which need to be installed on your computer bur costs you nothing. Even more, it supports conversion between 300+ formats. Hope this will be useful for you.
victoria52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 08:49 AM   #6
weegeebored
High School Varsity

You could try this: VSDC I have the paid version and I just tested the conversion from swf to avi and it worked just fine. The swf file was only 18MB so I don't know how it will handle larger file sizes. I have used it mostly to convert/edit mp4 files and it works fine for that. Not the greatest docs or interface but if you're not doing anything too complicated it may suit your needs.
weegeebored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 09:52 AM   #7
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

I suspect PackerFanatic has this figured out by now. I half suspect he could have written his own video converter in the 7.5 years since he posted this question.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 10:12 AM   #8
weegeebored
High School Varsity

Oops. I didn't check the post date. Obviously the post before me was promoting some program. My bad.
weegeebored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 11:32 AM   #9
Melhior
n00b

Hi, I wanted to ask you, which application can I use to convert AVI to MOV? Preferably without loss of quality and so that the video is converted quickly. I chose a free video converter in this topic, and it took a lot of time to convert a 5-minute video. And the quality has decreased.
Melhior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 05:46 PM   #10
Momochi
n00b

I think the quality will be lost in any software. There is no software yet in which the video quality has not deteriorated during conversion. Well, I haven't met yet, maybe the programs have already been updated and the loss of quality is minimal, but it will still be.
Momochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 09:30 PM   #11
Melhior
n00b

I tried to convert the video, but in full hd resolution. The video quality did not deteriorate, then I watched it through one program, the quality of 19 parameters remained the same, only the video format changed. I converted video from AVI to MOV format with this program. The free version is enough, sometimes there is a notification about switching to the paid version, but you can close the notification and continue using it.
Melhior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 09:34 PM   #12
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Sophisticated bots or a person?
Old 10-31-2021, 05:05 PM   #13
cuervo72
Head Coach

Human bot(s), probably.