Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-09-2006, 06:43 PM   #51
mckerney
Coordinator

They killed ardent enthusiast? ardentrules is gonna be pissed...

mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 06:45 PM   #52
Blade6119
Coordinator

Hoops, we have 21 and you said you wanted 23...we also have two alternates...you sure you dont want to send out roles to them?
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html

Last edited by Blade6119 : 02-09-2006 at 06:45 PM.
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 06:45 PM   #53
Schmidty
Coordinator

I am here.
Old 02-09-2006, 06:48 PM   #54
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Hoops, we have 21 and you said you wanted 23...we also have two alternates...you sure you dont want to send out roles to them?

There was an alternative reason to wanting 23.
Old 02-09-2006, 06:57 PM   #55
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Survivor checking in.
Bearcat729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 06:58 PM   #56
hoopsguy
General Manager

Another survivor checking in, glad to be alive and hoping to be rescued from this island soon.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 07:08 PM   #57
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Isn't it strange how many people survived a lane crash in which the plane split in two pieces? I mean that's just so un... okay I'll shut up now.

Survivor checking in.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 07:13 PM   #58
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I'm alive! I don't really know much about what or who we are up against either, so if anyone more experienced with surviving plane crashes on remote deserted islands, please help with a few pointers!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 07:20 PM   #59
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Survivor checking in. This should be fun....
Old 02-09-2006, 07:22 PM   #60
kingfc22
Head Coach

I will never fly Oceanic Airlines again. I still can't believe that I survived a plane crash.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:10 PM   #61
mckerney
Coordinator

Guys, where are we?
Old 02-09-2006, 08:13 PM   #62
hoopsguy
General Manager

AE, what is the deadline for Day 1? Apologize in advance if I missed it somewhere on the last page.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:14 PM   #63
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

subject line says 9pm CST tommorrow. I'm assuming thats right, I didnt see it in the thread anywhere either.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 08:15 PM   #64
Poli
FOFC Survivor

That is correct. The deadline is in the subject line.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:21 PM   #65
hoopsguy
General Manager

Heh - sorry about that.

Suppose it would be sporting to give people a chance to show up before starting the voting, but since this isn't an extended (weekend) Day 1 it probably wouldn't hurt to try and generate some chatter.

For the people who are vets of the show, can you help me out a little with some details? What are the threats to the survivors?

If we are assuming a typical villager/wolf game I'm guessing the count is something like 16-5 or 17-4. But I don't know if that is a good assumption. Who came up with this idea of hidden rules/roles anyways?
Old 02-09-2006, 08:28 PM   #66
Barkeep49
Coordinator

In fairness Ardent had the idea simultainously as you Hoops so a big fat :P
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 08:31 PM   #67
Blade6119
Coordinator

Vote Mckerney Honsestly, hes one of the names bolded on the initial list...hoping to generate chatter, but since i dont know lost i dont know why those numbers are bolded...evil clue?
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:56 PM   #68
Blade6119
Coordinator

dola, yes i realize thats a .000001 chance its correct, so its really a random vote when it all comes down to it...
Demotivation
Old 02-09-2006, 08:57 PM   #69
KWhit
Coordinator

Hey guys. Just a simple survivor checking in.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 08:58 PM   #70
SnDvls
Pro Starter

huh? where am I? Last thing I remember is having a drink on the plane. Where's the hot blonde that was next to me? Why am I laying on a beach? Damn, I'm gonna sue those bastdards!!!
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 08:59 PM   #71
saldana
Pro Starter

didnt know we started yet, villager checking in, be back later on
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 09:06 PM   #72
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Heh - sorry about that.

Suppose it would be sporting to give people a chance to show up before starting the voting, but since this isn't an extended (weekend) Day 1 it probably wouldn't hurt to try and generate some chatter.

For the people who are vets of the show, can you help me out a little with some details? What are the threats to the survivors?

If we are assuming a typical villager/wolf game I'm guessing the count is something like 16-5 or 17-4. But I don't know if that is a good assumption. Who came up with this idea of hidden rules/roles anyways?

I probably should have given some time for that, but there's plenty of time till the deadline...which I don't plan on having every day.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:11 PM   #73
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
huh? where am I? Last thing I remember is having a drink on the plane. Where's the hot blonde that was next to me? Why am I laying on a beach? Damn, I'm gonna sue those bastdards!!!
She prob. blew up the plane becuase you were hitting on her..."Baby, were in a enclosed area over some island...you cant say no, as you have nowhere to go" *BOOOOOOM* "oh, she plays hard to get i see...well played you saucy minx, well played"
Demotivation

Last edited by Blade6119 : 02-09-2006 at 09:12 PM.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:12 PM   #74
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Vote Mckerney Honsestly, hes one of the names bolded on the initial list...hoping to generate chatter, but since i dont know lost i dont know why those numbers are bolded...evil clue?
The numbers that are bolded play an important part in Lost.

One of the characters, Hurley, learned about these numbers while he was in a physc. ward. He later won the lottery with those numbers and ever since he has had INCREDIBLE bad luck.

The numbers also act as a code to prevent a supposed catastrophic event from happening in the bunker that John Locke found.

That is just a couple of examples of the numbers. I'm not sure what the signifigance it will play in this game.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:12 PM   #75
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

blade, i actually checked into the bold numbers since i am one...apparently one of the characters on teh show is a millionaire that won his money playing the lottery...the bolded numbers are the numbers he had in the lottery...otherwise they are insignificant.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:14 PM   #76
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
blade, i actually checked into the bold numbers since i am one...apparently one of the characters on teh show is a millionaire that won his money playing the lottery...the bolded numbers are the numbers he had in the lottery...otherwise they are insignificant.
From Kings post they held recurring value on the island...so unless ardent was just trying to be cute(possible) they could also play a role in the game id imagine(also possible)...just assesing what options we're dealt so far
Demotivation
Old 02-09-2006, 09:16 PM   #77
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Survivor Checking in...lets get "the others" whatever the hell that means...can someone give an idea of key show roles, like what powers the others might have for us non-watchers?

from what we know from the show (Those of you who know can feel free to add too)

"The Others" - They seem to have been on the island for a long time. They are able to hide thier tracks in the jungle and are very good at hiding in the jungle. Think Viet Cong like. Not much else is know of them. It is believed one of them did inflitrate the front end crash survivors, Ethan. And one of them did infiltrate the back end "tailes" but was killed by Anna Lucia.

Survivors - Jack (Doctor), Charlie (Rock Star/Junkie), Hurley (big guy who won the lottery with the #'s 4-8-15-16-23-42 hence the numbers in the rules and bolded players) Lock (was paralized from the waist down until the crash and now he can walk, some think he has some higher power) Michael (just got custody of his son WALT! , the others took his son so he keeps yelling his son's name in the show) Jin (Korean hitman) Sawyer (conman) Sun (Jin's wife, speaks both english & Korean, her english was unknown to her husband until recently) Said (former Iraqi Military man, could be our bodyguard in this game) Walt (Michaels young son, believed to have some sort of power) Mr Ecko (big Nigerian dude who used to be a drug dealer/mob boss in his home country, now is a born again christian. could also be our bodyguard) Kate (in an odd off and on love triagle with Jack & Sawyer, fugitive from the law) Claire (just gave birth) Anna Lucia (ex cop, used excessive force in a domestic dispute, could also be our bodyguard)

I did leave out a few female characters and Boone who was killed in the show I suggest you go to the official site to read up on them if you want more info, but I personally don't think they are important. If someone else does please add to the info I put out there I'm sure I forgot some.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:17 PM   #78
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
The numbers that are bolded play an important part in Lost.

One of the characters, Hurley, learned about these numbers while he was in a physc. ward. He later won the lottery with those numbers and ever since he has had INCREDIBLE bad luck.

The numbers also act as a code to prevent a supposed catastrophic event from happening in the bunker that John Locke found.

That is just a couple of examples of the numbers. I'm not sure what the signifigance it will play in this game.

they also were on the outside of the hatch and have brought Hurley (the guy who won the lottery) tons of bad luck.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:19 PM   #79
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Michael (just got custody of his son WALT! , the others took his son so he keeps yelling his son's name in the show) Walt (Michaels young son, believed to have some sort of power)
Is it possible due to the others taking walt that they have a conversion power?...just thinking out loud

Sun, thank you for that breakdown..i now know 100% more then i did before
Demotivation

Last edited by Blade6119 : 02-09-2006 at 09:20 PM.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:24 PM   #80
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Is it possible due to the others taking walt that they have a conversion power?...just thinking out loud

they really haven't gotten into the others much so depending on what theories AE follows/believes could be.

I'll try as much as I can to give info, but I think that also makes me target numbro uno for the others too.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:26 PM   #81
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Ok, I know nothing about "Lost". I know that people who watch the show talk about a guy looking for "Walt!". And that's about it.

So thanks to SnDvls for giving some background info on the show. Any other info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:26 PM   #82
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

Possible ingame I guess. But in the show, it appears that Walt hasn't been converted, just kidnapped. But it's unclear in the show at this point.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 09:33 PM   #83
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
they also were on the outside of the hatch and have brought Hurley (the guy who won the lottery) tons of bad luck.

They bring everyone bad luck. Hurley believes them to be cursed. The man who told him the numbers in the Psych ward had a friend who heard the numbers and ended up dying in an odd way(Not sure how, I'd have to break out the DVD's). The French Lady Danelle and her group heard the numbers being transmitted and ended up wrecking on the island which ended up all costing all but Danelle their lives.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:55 PM   #84
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:

If I remember correctly, Walt had the ability to see into the future. I watched season 1 on DVD, but haven't seen any of season 2. Not having seen 2, the impression I got from 1 is that all of the "magic" bad luck is actually based on highly advanced technology. Like there's this guardian thing on the island that flies around killing people, but is actually a security system.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 09:55 PM   #85
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
Possible ingame I guess. But in the show, it appears that Walt hasn't been converted, just kidnapped. But it's unclear in the show at this point.
Since kidnapping has never been a game option and ardent didnt say any new roles or rules would be in place i went to the next most logical choice
Demotivation
Old 02-09-2006, 10:12 PM   #86
Blade6119
Coordinator

Well, since the deadline is tomorrow does anyone have any ideas or are you all just going random? I might just have to break out my heavy attack again if thats the case
Demotivation
Old 02-09-2006, 10:13 PM   #87
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Survivor checking in. I knew I should have booked a flight on Qantas airlines instead of Oceanic!
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 10:19 PM   #88
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
If I remember correctly, Walt had the ability to see into the future. I watched season 1 on DVD, but haven't seen any of season 2. Not having seen 2, the impression I got from 1 is that all of the "magic" bad luck is actually based on highly advanced technology. Like there's this guardian thing on the island that flies around killing people, but is actually a security system.

I'm not sure what powers Walt has. I know that when trying to get the attention of his step father and mother to look at a picture of a bird he causes a real version of that bird to crash into the window. All we know is that Walt is "special" and that is why his step father calls Michael to come get him. Walt's talents creep out the Step father.

This season he kept appearing to people sort of like a ghost(Shannon at first and then Shannon and Sayid right before Shannons death). He also appeared to be talking to his father over the computer in the hatch, but if it really was him we don't know yet.
Old 02-09-2006, 10:21 PM   #89
Desnudo
Coordinator

Aah, that's right. I remember that episode now. The implication is that he has the ability to influence reality with his thoughts.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 10:57 PM   #90
saldana
Pro Starter

from the descriptions of the show that sun and bearcat gave (thanks a ton btw) i would have to guess that we have a doctor of some kind, at least one bodyguard, an assassin (the korean hitman role) and probably a turncoat (hurley and his cursed numbers?). i would also guess we are facing at least a 3+1 "others" if not 4+1 based on the number of players.
Old 02-09-2006, 10:59 PM   #91
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
i would also guess we are facing at least a 3+1 "others"
Do you mean like an elemental role or turncoat with that +1?...i guess dark spy too...just wondering what the +1 means
Demotivation
Old 02-09-2006, 11:20 PM   #92
Swaggs
Coordinator

I am here.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 11:28 PM   #93
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Do you mean like an elemental role or turncoat with that +1?...i guess dark spy too...just wondering what the +1 means

sorry, when i said 3+1 i meant...3 "others" to start, plus one survivor that could be converted, equalling 4 bad guys
Old 02-09-2006, 11:34 PM   #94
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Well, since the deadline is tomorrow does anyone have any ideas or are you all just going random? I might just have to break out my heavy attack again if thats the case
I'm leaning to voting for one of the "numbers" just to see what happens.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:41 AM   #95
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

I'm leaning towards this train of thought as well.

Also, thanks to all that gave summaries of the show since I never watch it I was totally in the dark before reading them.
Old 02-10-2006, 01:25 AM   #96
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:

I don't agree with this train of thought. If ardent just gave roles to the people he bolded at random, this would be the worst game of werewolf ever. And I, for one, know that this is not the worst version ever.

Last edited by mckerney : 02-10-2006 at 01:26 AM.
Old 02-10-2006, 02:19 AM   #97
Desmond
Banned

Quote:
from the descriptions of the show that sun and bearcat gave (thanks a ton btw) i would have to guess that we have a doctor of some kind, at least one bodyguard, an assassin (the korean hitman role) and probably a turncoat (hurley and his cursed numbers?). i would also guess we are facing at least a 3+1 "others" if not 4+1 based on the number of players.

Could also be that the Hurley role in the game (if there is one) is just plain bad luck, and not neccesarily a turn coat or a bad guy. Of course thats going more on knowledge of the show than the game.
Desmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 02:28 AM   #98
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney
I don't agree with this train of thought. If ardent just gave roles to the people he bolded at random, this would be the worst game of werewolf ever. And I, for one, know that this is not the worst version ever.
So says a person with a bolded number

Im just saying that by the sound of things, everything related to the numbers ON THE ISLAND(not the lottery) has been bad...if this game is related to the show, that could be a sign...not saying it is, just putting things out there for thought. I think its prob. random, but for day one i dont currently see a better idea...do you?
Demotivation
Old 02-10-2006, 02:31 AM   #99
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
I think its prob. random, but for day one i dont currently see a better idea...do you?

Yes, vote for someone other than me.
Old 02-10-2006, 02:33 AM   #100
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
4. mckerney
8. Raiders Army
15. Mr. Wednesday
16. saldana
From that list who would you rather me vote for?
Demotivation