Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-21-2006, 10:39 PM   #251
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
I love Goooold!

if you start eating pieces of your skin, you arent allowed to play in my next game.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 10:43 PM   #252
hoopsguy
General Manager

Technically, I'm not sure that a treasure hunter can push for a death during a day cycle - at least not with any meaning attached to it. A pirate on the other hand ...

Should I take this to mean that you are against any kind of coordinated day actions? I didn't see you comment on this in the thread as of yet.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 10:46 PM   #253
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Technically, I'm not sure that a treasure hunter can push for a death during a day cycle - at least not with any meaning attached to it. A pirate on the other hand ...

Should I take this to mean that you are against any kind of coordinated day actions? I didn't see you comment on this in the thread as of yet.
I actually did long before anyone else...ask alan, it was he and i who orginally discussed ideas. I dont like the pair idea, makes it too easy on the wolves. As i stated, i think the biggest advantage we have is they have to find us before they can kill us. Advertising where we are going is like asking to be shot up...i just dont like you asking for a strategy i see quite a few holes in. Now, granted, i have many suspicions on many players right now...im just picking and choosing where to add them
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html

Last edited by Blade6119 : 02-21-2006 at 10:47 PM.
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 10:49 PM   #254
saldana
Pro Starter

BARKEEP: when you refer to 'turns' in the rules, does that mean the same as cycles(morning/afternoon/nihg), or is a 'turn' equal to one game hour/AP spent?
Old 02-21-2006, 11:01 PM   #255
Barkeep49
Coordinator

All PMs have been sent and the Morning Cycle is over. I will be starting the Morning cycle in the morning around 9 AM or so Eastern. If you want to start to vote now that's fine, though I'm leaving it the afternoon phase.

Here's the public info you all need to know:

Authorities on Blahoop were stunned, just stunned, to find one of the newly arrived treasure hunters, SnDvls, dead today around map coordinate B6.

"We're sure it's just a coincidence. Probabally died of a heart attack or something," the chief of police stated. He says that the large wound, resembling that of a knife, in the back is what likely triggered the heart attack.

The Chief said that the matter will be investigated and that just in case it was murder they will find someone to jail for the heinous crime. "But don't worry. We'll make it a treasure hunter. Couldn't have been a Blahoopian. No sir," the chief said to reassure residents.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 11:03 PM   #256
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
BARKEEP: when you refer to 'turns' in the rules, does that mean the same as cycles(morning/afternoon/nihg), or is a 'turn' equal to one game hour/AP spent?
There are generally 5 turns to each Morning Cycle. AP is generally spent at 1 AP per turn, though some traits and actions, such as Fleet of Foot or stalking, changes that.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:03 PM   #257
hoopsguy
General Manager

Blade - help me come up with a better strategy ... that is why I initially posted this. I wasn't able to just snap my fingers and come up with a solution that breaks the game wide open but I think this avenue (if done correctly) presents some different/harder challenges for the pirates than hunting us down one by one.

It is easy enough for us to all play separately. And if we go that route then I'll just keep looking for gold on my own and try to get a monopoly going. But I'm also worried about wasting turns trying to elude pirates with little benefit if/when they come to kill me. In the group plan we hopefully have some kind of information when someone is killed - who broke from their group, who didn't do what they said they would during watch, etc.

It is a long way from perfect. But I would rather have you helping me put together a better plan than saying I'm a pirate for suggesting this. Conversely, I'm not intimating that anyone who opposes my plan is a pirate. But I do think that it is short-sighted to think that a lack of coordination is our best defense.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:04 PM   #258
Blade6119
Coordinator

Sndvls? I thought hoops or myself, and if not then someone like penny or taz...this kill reeks of the gramat kill last game, which scares me as i have no idea how to read it...anyone think they know who would target sndvls first?
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:05 PM   #259
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

The pirates.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 11:07 PM   #260
Blade6119
Coordinator

lol smartass...i mean individuals...who they pick on night 1 can be a huge clue
Demotivation
Old 02-21-2006, 11:08 PM   #261
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Sndvls? I thought hoops or myself, and if not then someone like penny or taz...this kill reeks of the gramat kill last game, which scares me as i have no idea how to read it...anyone think they know who would target sndvls first?

Either someone with a grudge with him from a previous game, or if say the top choices for pirate kill were actually pirates, they would possibly then resort to the next best choice
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 11:10 PM   #262
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
Either someone with a grudge with him from a previous game, or if say the top choices for pirate kill were actually pirates, they would possibly then resort to the next best choice
Then explain again why you killed gramat? You said you considered hoops and i, mostly hoops, but didnt kill either...we weren't pirates(since you implied i might be a swurvey pirate there).

I think your reasoning might be key in decoding todays kill
Demotivation

Last edited by Blade6119 : 02-21-2006 at 11:16 PM.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:14 PM   #263
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Even though Barkeep said we could begin voting, I'll be waiting until the evening cycle begins because I would like to know who camped out.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:14 PM   #264
hoopsguy
General Manager

SnDvls played a very solid game last time around. Probably someone took notice of this - repeat wolves? Would be pretty insane for either Alan T or King to be wolves for three straight games.

I agree that there is not much to read from this kill. But I'm not sure that the pirates have as much say in their kills in this game as they would in others ... don't they need to be in the same square as someone to complete the kill?

If anyone saw anything that could help with this it would be appreciated. Anyone want to admit to being in space B6 at any point yesterday. Figure he got in two movements to get there, maybe a dig along the way, so he was not killed in turn #1 or turn #2 (assuming that he would complete turn 2 to enter B6).

From Post #1 (Rules)
Quote:
Watch: You will watch a person. That person must be in the same square as you when you use it. You will learn what that person does that turn

Barkeep, I'm assuming that a watch action on either SnDvls or on the pirate/killer during the kill turn would be able to act as a witness, correct? That by seeing SnDvls die during his turn that you would also see the killer?
Old 02-21-2006, 11:14 PM   #265
saldana
Pro Starter

i think it is more amusing that the person with with biggest grudge against Sun from last game would be Alan.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:16 PM   #266
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
Even though Barkeep said we could begin voting, I'll be waiting until the evening cycle begins because I would like to know who camped out.
All members returned to camp.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:17 PM   #267
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
i think it is more amusing that the person with with biggest grudge against Sun from last game would be Alan.

Hey, I was just answering questions to the best of my abilitys I'm not a pirate I fear, I am far too good looking for a pirate I actually dug for gold today without my shirt on even!
Old 02-21-2006, 11:17 PM   #268
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Then explain again why you killed gramat? You said you considered hoops and i, mostly hoops, but didnt kill either...we were pirates(since you implied i might be a swurvey pirate there).

We didn't kill you or hoops since we figured you two were the most likely to be protected on night 1. It also had the additional possibility of making people suspicious of you both. That was negated with your role reveal and Hoops survivor link up, but that was the strategy.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 11:18 PM   #269
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
I would like to know who camped out

I did not end up camping out - decided that I wanted to get an item that could help me have more action points if I'm going to a remote area of the map. With this as a one-time option I want to have the best opportunity to max it out.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:18 PM   #270
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
We didn't kill you or hoops since we figured you two were the most likely to be protected on night 1. It also had the additional possibility of making people suspicious of you both. That was negated with your role reveal and Hoops survivor link up, but that was the strategy.
Interesting...solid logic...and despite all of it, i the assasin picked mckerney and he was protected...irony?
Demotivation
Old 02-21-2006, 11:20 PM   #271
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Then explain again why you killed gramat? You said you considered hoops and i, mostly hoops, but didnt kill either...we weren't pirates(since you implied i might be a swurvey pirate there).

Well last game was a little different than the start here as last game there was plenty of discussion and a lynch vote before the night kill. So the choice of the night kill was actually based on things that had happened that game (or in the case of Grammaticus, someone totally off the train of thought to throw people for a loop.

Here we did not have a prior jailing, nor any substantial discussion other than the talk about to partner up or to not partner up, so this kill likely is not based on something that happened this game.

My belief is the kill was based on either someone being afraid of his potential ability, or as a retaliation for something else in the past (fun loving retaliation in the spirit of the game of course). Thus my answer
Old 02-21-2006, 11:21 PM   #272
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Interesting...solid logic...and despite all of it, i the assasin picked mckerney and he was protected...irony?

And don't forget Mckerney protecting himself. Pretty much an all around clusterfluck.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:21 PM   #273
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
All members returned to camp.

Nuts.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:25 PM   #274
Desnudo
Coordinator

I thought about camping out too, but then read you can only use it once a game. I think that will be best held until we are close to gaining the monopoly.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:32 PM   #275
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, lets see if we can get the ball rolling for voting:

Here are people that I can vouch started in my square, which was a different direction from where SnDvls was found dead:

KWhit, Qwik, Vince, and Path

So those guys are all in my initial circle of trust as people who did not kill last night. Doesn't mean they are not filthy pirates, but the chances are remote that any of these people started in one direction, only to double back and kill SnDvls when he was three squares away.

Furthermore, these two people would have needed to use 6 APs to complete a kill - possible if they are a pirate (fleet power), but even more remote: Path and Vince. They were in the same 2nd square as me, putting further distance between themselves and SnDvls. I have a very high level of faith (highest level of trust in game so far) that neither of these two killed SnDvls.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:35 PM   #276
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

How did you get that info? Did you use a watch command?

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:35 PM   #277
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

How do you know these people were in your square? Is the only way through the watch action? So you did 2 movement, 2 watch and 1 dig action?
Old 02-21-2006, 11:40 PM   #278
hoopsguy
General Manager

No watch actions for me in terms of this information - I saw them move from a square to a square with me. I can get more specific with the squares if you need me to do so. And I would expect that these people should be able to vouch for my movements as well. I don't know of any role that I would have that would make me privy to special information.

Are both of you saying that your PMs did not indicate any information about people moving to the first square with you? Or any other treasure hunter movements?
Old 02-21-2006, 11:41 PM   #279
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Are both of you saying that your PMs did not indicate any information about people moving to the first square with you? Or any other treasure hunter movements?

Nope. All I got was how much gold I found in a squre.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:42 PM   #280
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No watch actions for me in terms of this information - I saw them move from a square to a square with me. I can get more specific with the squares if you need me to do so. And I would expect that these people should be able to vouch for my movements as well. I don't know of any role that I would have that would make me privy to special information.

Nope, I have no information on anyone's movement at all. I am guessing that means no one was near where I was this morning.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:44 PM   #281
hoopsguy
General Manager

I can only conclude that I moved to a trendy spot relative to you guys. Or that you are keeping info to yourselves, although I intuitively don't think this is the case with both of you.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:46 PM   #282
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I can only conclude that I moved to a trendy spot relative to you guys. Or that you are keeping info to yourselves, although I intuitively don't think this is the case with both of you.

I purposely chose somewhere that I thought would not have much traffic. I wanted to see if it made a difference in getting more gold with less people there. I guess I have no idea what others got,but I was rather underwhelmed with my results I fear though.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:52 PM   #283
kingfc22
Head Coach

I just want to see if I have this right. During the morning phase do the pirates need to be on the same square to kill or can they just choose whomever?
Old 02-21-2006, 11:56 PM   #284
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

I chose my direction because I didn't want to run into the knife wielding pirate and if I read the rules correctly you get less gold if there is someone else digging in that square.

Although considering how much gold I received it feels like someone was in my square.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:57 PM   #285
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
I too was only told about my goooooold. Hmmmm, I'm a bit suspicious of Mr. Hoops but I will wait and see how this plays out over tonight and tomorrow.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:00 AM   #286
kingfc22
Head Coach

So does anyone want to reveal which direction they traveled? Is there any benefit to giving this knowledge or indicating how much gold one might have? Just trying to throw out ideas for conversation.

Barkeep - can we be attacked at the bank?
Old 02-22-2006, 12:03 AM   #287
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
So does anyone want to reveal which direction they traveled? Is there any benefit to giving this knowledge or indicating how much gold one might have? Just trying to throw out ideas for conversation.

Barkeep - can we be attacked at the bank?

Im guessing if we want to put big targets on the heads of those who have the most money. Part of the pirates strategy I think will be eliminating those who are on to them, but another part will be trying to make money for themselves and keep us from our monopolies. I'm not so sure we want to help them with this just yet.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:08 AM   #288
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Im guessing if we want to put big targets on the heads of those who have the most money.
I think opening bank accounts will be important in regards to this, but even more important is willing them to someone who is a treasure hunter. That way even if we are killed we don't lose the gold that has been collected.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:09 AM   #289
hoopsguy
General Manager

I guess I'm suspicious of myself until someone else comes out and says that they had information on other peoples movements.

There are eight possible squares where you can make your initial move (assuming you don't stay put for AP1). It appears that five of us chose one square. If all three of you are telling the truth then each of you went to a unique square by yourselves. Or I do have access to some kind of information by means of a role I didn't know I had. Which seems like a reach to me.

I'm pretty sure that a watch action would not give me information on all of those people, just on the person I decided to watch. But since I didn't exercise a watch (was kind of interested in gold this turn) I don't know this for sure.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:20 AM   #290
Vince
Pro Starter

I can vouch for Hoops on the initial grouping, though I received no notification of anyone else hanging around with me for my second move.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 12:23 AM   #291
hoopsguy
General Manager

Was hoping that I would see this, since you were lurking in the thread.

Going to get some zzzz's and will be back in the mix tomorrow.

Vince is right now the clubhouse leader for my will Of course, if he thinks this is putting a bullseye on him then I will randomly select between Alan, King, and Taz but not announce the result.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:24 AM   #292
Vince
Pro Starter

Well, unless our Pirates are pretty retarded, then they wouldn't kill me until AFTER they kill you. So sometime before tomorrow, you need to take me out of your will publicly, but not privately
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 12:25 AM   #293
hoopsguy
General Manager

Vince, just to confirm - you did not see anyone in the 2nd group? Because I did view you and path in the 2nd square as well as the first. It is strange that we did not get matching information.

Really going to bed, will look for the answer in the morning.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:26 AM   #294
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I guess I'm suspicious of myself until someone else comes out and says that they had information on other peoples movements.

There are eight possible squares where you can make your initial move (assuming you don't stay put for AP1). It appears that five of us chose one square. If all three of you are telling the truth then each of you went to a unique square by yourselves. Or I do have access to some kind of information by means of a role I didn't know I had. Which seems like a reach to me.

I'm pretty sure that a watch action would not give me information on all of those people, just on the person I decided to watch. But since I didn't exercise a watch (was kind of interested in gold this turn) I don't know this for sure.

Hoops, I didn't get any information about who was in any square with me (just the gold totals), but I will say that I moved D4-E5-F6. I don't see how that can hurt me now.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:40 AM   #295
saldana
Pro Starter

i only went to one square, in a completely different direction from the one that sun was killed in, and i can vouch that ardent was no where near there, as he was apparently in the same square as i was, dont know if he was watching me and i saw him, or if i just saw him because we were both digging in the sand. either way, he was no where near Sun.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:45 AM   #296
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Nope, I have no information on anyone's movement at all. I am guessing that means no one was near where I was this morning.

Nope, I saw you Alan. At least my PM said I saw you very briefly.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:49 AM   #297
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Dola, so at the moment AlanT is in my circle of trust because he was not even close to where the murder took place.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:12 AM   #298
kingfc22
Head Coach

Can anyone vouch for me being in the SE part of the map? Just wondering if anybody saw me since I did not see anyone while I was digging.
Old 02-22-2006, 03:34 AM   #299
Desnudo
Coordinator

I went in that general direction, although I didn't specify squares except the one I wanted to go to. I also didn't see anyone else.
Old 02-22-2006, 03:57 AM   #300
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Since I may be out throught the real world night and have no access to a pc, I'm going to vote now. It is a random vote for:

VOTE KING
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote