Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-14-2010, 05:02 PM   #851
The Jackal
Coordinator

With lack of time crunching down on me, I'm going to make a gut move and say that KWhit is an evil version of the role. Gotta be bad guys here somewhere. It doesn't hurt that he is voting for me, though I can't argue with his bad voting history argument. Certainly not enough time for this game what with what happened the other day and the fact that my new computer didn't even ship until when I thought it would be delivered, so I don't have the access/manueverabilty I'd like.

VOTE KWHIT
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:34 PM   #852
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
If I am killed today or tonight, Ghostwhisperer please talk to me.

If you have inside info I suggest you just come out with it. There is no guarantee the ghost whisperer is a villager. Plus comments like that will pit a huge bullseye on you, especially with no bg. At this point withholding info will buy you no friends. We need a good lynch, if you are in a position to help with that by all means do.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:52 PM   #853
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
If you have inside info I suggest you just come out with it. There is no guarantee the ghost whisperer is a villager. Plus comments like that will pit a huge bullseye on you, especially with no bg. At this point withholding info will buy you no friends. We need a good lynch, if you are in a position to help with that by all means do.

100% agree with this. The little bit of time I've had today has been spent thinking about this role and what kind of information they would have access to right now.

Lathum, did the Ghost Whisperer contact you when you were dead? If so, what were your takeaways from that exchange?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:53 PM   #854
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

No. There has been no contact.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:05 PM   #855
Autumn
Head Coach

I've had a change of plans. One of the few data points we have is the votes for me before I revealed as the Vampire. I would have liked to have waited longer on that, and maybe I should have to get some more info. But I didn't want to waste a day of voting. However, what we do have is that Dubb, Schmidty and CrimsonFox were the ones that voted for me before I revealed. Maybe it means nothing or maybe it was wolves using a convenient excuse to get a vote started on a villager.

The other thing I'm thinking about is the icing of KWhit. What was the purpose of it? Was it villager or wolf inspired and what does it mean/what were we supposed to think it meant.

So, I'm going to vote from that list of three. CF I'm still guessing is playing a new guy's game, but I'm not convinced of that. Still, I can explain away his vote for me as being overzealous. Dubb I'm not convinced of, was that all real bombastic blowup at me or feigned? I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for the moment. However Schmidty had a vote that made me wonder day one also, seemed to be in the "cast the second vote quickly on a new candidate" position twice. I'm willing to gamble on him out of the three, especially knowing CF is already getting votes.

VOTE SCHMIDTY
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 06:09 PM   #856
hoopsguy
General Manager

Voting is a total mess right now. As of Post #855:

(766) - Saldana votes PB (PB 1)
(780) - Saldana unvotes PB, votes CF (CF 1)
(789) - Path votes Saldana (CF 1, Saldana 1)
(793) - Lathum votes CF (CF 2, Saldana 1)
(799) - Path unvotes Saldana (CF 2)
(807) - Real Deal vote/unvote/vote KWhit
(814) - Real Deal killed by KWhit
(838) - DV votes Hoops (CF 2, Hoops 1)
(839) - KWhit votes The Jackal (CF 2, Hoops 1, The Jackal 1)
(845) - CF votes Saldana (CF 2, Hoops 1, The Jackal 1, Saldana 1)
(851) - The Jackal votes KWhit (CF 2, Hoops 1, The Jackal 1, Saldana 1, KWhit 1)
(855) - Autumn votes Schmidty (CF 2, Hoops 1, The Jackal 1, Saldana 1, KWhit 1, Schmidty 1)
Old 01-14-2010, 06:09 PM   #857
saldana
Pro Starter

being the duke that cant actually duke is extremely frustrating.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 06:12 PM   #858
hoopsguy
General Manager

On top of that, before running vote totals here my inclination was to put a vote on Darth for a really garbage D4 vote of "Hoops has not caught a wolf yet". Dude, we have zero wolves period in three days, and last I checked there were a bunch of us trying to help make that happen.

But we need to consolidate this list a bit or it is going to be a cluster at the deadline, especially if we are working against a fairly large wolf team.

I'm not going to vote for me and I don't think I'm going to vote for CF. Outside of that, I can talk myself into any of the other four candidates.

KWhit, are you going to be around as we approach deadline? I'm expecting to have a few minutes from 8 - 8:30 PM (EST) to participate in the thread and I would love to talk with you a bit about how you played the Vengeful role.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:27 PM   #859
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
On top of that, before running vote totals here my inclination was to put a vote on Darth for a really garbage D4 vote of "Hoops has not caught a wolf yet". Dude, we have zero wolves period in three days, and last I checked there were a bunch of us trying to help make that happen.

I had that same inclination after seeing that post.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:39 PM   #860
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

But we need to consolidate this list a bit or it is going to be a cluster at the deadline, especially if we are working against a fairly large wolf team.

I'm not going to vote for me and I don't think I'm going to vote for CF. Outside of that, I can talk myself into any of the other four candidates.

KWhit, are you going to be around as we approach deadline? I'm expecting to have a few minutes from 8 - 8:30 PM (EST) to participate in the thread and I would love to talk with you a bit about how you played the Vengeful role.

I'll be on and off between now and deadline.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 06:42 PM   #861
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I think this is screwed. The wolves having powers really makes this game 10 times as hard. We are no closer as everyone has differnet theories and whatnot. Not sure if I should come forward with my info. Am fairly confused at this point.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 06:44 PM   #862
RendeR
Coordinator

I've got to get a vote in now as bedtime for the young ones approaches and I'll be AFK until deadline most likely.

The friend of my enemy is still my enemy...

VOTE SALDANA

He's Lathum's best friend, which gives me reason enough to question It also gives us 2 people with 2 votes while we have very little to go on, lets see if this can get something moving one way or another.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 06:45 PM   #863
J23
College Benchwarmer

vote Schmidty

I'm fine backing the only known good guy out there, and want to get a vote out before I forget or fall asleep
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 06:48 PM   #864
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I had that same inclination after seeing that post.

I did also
Old 01-14-2010, 06:48 PM   #865
Schmidty
Coordinator

I'll reveal if you want me to.

Regardless, I'm going with you again today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I've had a change of plans. One of the few data points we have is the votes for me before I revealed as the Vampire. I would have liked to have waited longer on that, and maybe I should have to get some more info. But I didn't want to waste a day of voting. However, what we do have is that Dubb, Schmidty and CrimsonFox were the ones that voted for me before I revealed. Maybe it means nothing or maybe it was wolves using a convenient excuse to get a vote started on a villager.

The other thing I'm thinking about is the icing of KWhit. What was the purpose of it? Was it villager or wolf inspired and what does it mean/what were we supposed to think it meant.

So, I'm going to vote from that list of three. CF I'm still guessing is playing a new guy's game, but I'm not convinced of that. Still, I can explain away his vote for me as being overzealous. Dubb I'm not convinced of, was that all real bombastic blowup at me or feigned? I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for the moment. However Schmidty had a vote that made me wonder day one also, seemed to be in the "cast the second vote quickly on a new candidate" position twice. I'm willing to gamble on him out of the three, especially knowing CF is already getting votes.

VOTE SCHMIDTY
Old 01-14-2010, 06:49 PM   #866
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I think this is screwed. The wolves having powers really makes this game 10 times as hard. We are no closer as everyone has differnet theories and whatnot. Not sure if I should come forward with my info. Am fairly confused at this point.

This just read to me like a wolf setting up a fake reveal.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:51 PM   #867
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Earlier in the game people were saying that the vengeful god must be a wolf since a villager would have revealed earlier and avoid bedlam. KWhit claims he did not because he wanted to keep himself from getting lynched. What do we now think of this claim? Despite some things in his favor, doesn't not revealing a role like that count as a big dark strike?

There are too many suspects to count. I think I may concentrate on KWhit, PB and CF as I think they give us the most information in a lynch.

My thinking of the role was that it wasn't important to reveal anything unless I needed to (pretty much the same way I feel about any role in any game).

Initially, there was nothing to be gained from revealing since it wouldn't clear me - the role can be good or bad.

The only reason to reveal would be to save a villager from dying by voting for me 2x. So my thinking was that I didn't need to reveal anything until people had voted for me.

That happened on day 2. But for the longest time there was only one person who had voted for me - RendeR. So I decided to play things close to the vest, since I didn't have a good vibe about him anyway.

But then, all of a sudden, there was a late run on me that put me in the lead and I was basically done for. Why reveal at that point? Especially since NO ONE UNVOTED ME. There was no one who was in danger of being killed by my power at any time on day 2. So why reveal?

I was going to reveal on Day 3 if I happened to live through the lynch. But I was put on ice at 9:06pm on day/night 2. So I couldn't post in the thread or vote on Day 3. As soon as I could, I revealed.

So again. There was absolutely no reason for me to reveal my role any time on Day 2. I have no idea why people are assuming that is a suspicious act.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:54 PM   #868
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
This just read to me like a wolf setting up a fake reveal.

screw you lathum. YOu suck. love, CF
Old 01-14-2010, 07:01 PM   #869
henry296
College Starter

Unfortunately we still have little information.

I think crimson should just reveal what he knows. Maybe this will put enough pressure on him to do that.

VOTE CrimsonFox
Old 01-14-2010, 07:02 PM   #870
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I have been sitting here since I got home trying to figure out what way I was going to go. Early on I was not in favor of voting for CF as I thought some of what we were seeing was just an unfamiliarity with his style and he with our styles. Now I am not as convinced of that.

Vote Crimson Fox
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 07:02 PM   #871
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
screw you lathum. YOu suck. love, CF

umm what?

Who are you to come into an established community as a total stranger, then in your first game when someone challenges you on a perfectly legit theory this is how you react?

You need a thicker skin to make it around here. You also need to grow up.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:03 PM   #872
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I've got to get a vote out there soon and I'm torn on where to go. Also kind of curious about how many no votes we'll have tonight.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 07:04 PM   #873
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
I've got to get a vote in now as bedtime for the young ones approaches and I'll be AFK until deadline most likely.

The friend of my enemy is still my enemy...

VOTE SALDANA

He's Lathum's best friend, which gives me reason enough to question It also gives us 2 people with 2 votes while we have very little to go on, lets see if this can get something moving one way or another.

This actually makes me want to switch to Render. Has he posted a reason for a vote yet this game that wasn't personal meta-game stuff? I feel like all he's said is "oh it's hoops, oh it's lathum". I don't want to get too fancy at the end of the game but I'll definitely be looking at him tomorrow if not tonight.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:05 PM   #874
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
umm what?

Who are you to come into an established community as a total stranger, then in your first game when someone challenges you on a perfectly legit theory this is how you react?

You need a thicker skin to make it around here. You also need to grow up.

LOL.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:05 PM   #875
hoopsguy
General Manager

Of the three tied for the lead, I trust Schmidty the least. Mainly because I have no context to judge him, as compared to CF (post earlier in thread about "two wolves" sounds like uninformed new villager) and Saldana (play at least consistent with role hints, even if it does not suggest faction).

That said, I'm going to go ahead and vote Darth Vilus. We've got 55 minutes to the lynch and no one has more than two. I think it is entirely possible that he is playing a rather disengaged wolf; it was consistent with his MO last time he was a wolf and I created heat on him.

I won't let the vote end up wasted if others don't follow - I'll switch to one of the leaders before the deadline. But for now I'm going to take the lack of a consensus as a reason to go after my most likely wolf right now.

VOTE DARTH VILUS
Old 01-14-2010, 07:06 PM   #876
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
My thinking of the role was that it wasn't important to reveal anything unless I needed to (pretty much the same way I feel about any role in any game).

Initially, there was nothing to be gained from revealing since it wouldn't clear me - the role can be good or bad.

The only reason to reveal would be to save a villager from dying by voting for me 2x. So my thinking was that I didn't need to reveal anything until people had voted for me.

That happened on day 2. But for the longest time there was only one person who had voted for me - RendeR. So I decided to play things close to the vest, since I didn't have a good vibe about him anyway.

But then, all of a sudden, there was a late run on me that put me in the lead and I was basically done for. Why reveal at that point? Especially since NO ONE UNVOTED ME. There was no one who was in danger of being killed by my power at any time on day 2. So why reveal?

I was going to reveal on Day 3 if I happened to live through the lynch. But I was put on ice at 9:06pm on day/night 2. So I couldn't post in the thread or vote on Day 3. As soon as I could, I revealed.

So again. There was absolutely no reason for me to reveal my role any time on Day 2. I have no idea why people are assuming that is a suspicious act.

Well, this is a pretty good explanation. So if you're wolfing us, good work.

Although I still think that was playing it pretty loose. someone could have easily unvoted and voted you at some point ... you really felt like you wre going to be able to reveal before they did that?
Old 01-14-2010, 07:07 PM   #877
hoopsguy
General Manager

And, of course, after I put my vote out I see that is it now 4-2-2 instead of 2-2-2.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:08 PM   #878
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

Yep, actually covered most/all of my questions. Won't be the play tonight.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:13 PM   #879
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'm going to branch out and not vote Hoops again yet.

vote Saldana
Old 01-14-2010, 07:14 PM   #880
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

Although I still think that was playing it pretty loose. someone could have easily unvoted and voted you at some point ... you really felt like you wre going to be able to reveal before they did that?

2 things:

1) Yeah, I figured that I was going to be on most of the day so I had a good chance of revealing before it became an issue.

and

2) Early on it was just RendeR who was voting for me, whom I distrusted, so I didn't really care too much if he unvoted and re-voted for me. Then late in the day, I had a very quick run on me and I was suddenly in the lead. By then, I didn't want to reveal on the slim chance that my power might save my skin if someone unvoted me and then revoted. And I didn't think a reveal at that point would be likely to sway any votes away from me.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:14 PM   #881
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Of the three tied for the lead, I trust Schmidty the least.

It's ok. I have a role that doesn't matter much. You'd be killing a villager, but other than numbers, it wouldn't be a big deal.

If there's any question you want me to answer, let me know.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:15 PM   #882
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
And, of course, after I put my vote out I see that is it now 4-2-2 instead of 2-2-2.

yea I kinda laughed when I saw that while I was trying to figure out what to say henry beat me to the punch.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 07:19 PM   #883
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Okay, I was going to do it anyway. The info isn't absolutely damning but I was observing the reactions it made.

The Slutting of Realdeal that he announced was fake. I am the slut.
I thought he was lying and therefore a wolf. Which revealed other things to me. THen I reaalized that his slutting was by the schizophrenic who CAN be a slut. So look for someone interested in saving Realdeal as the schizophrenic.

Slut Calendar:
N1: I slutted Granny DT. This was wasted as he was lynched that day. I didn't know about the conditional thingees at the time. So in essence I was slutting up a dead granny. (ewww)

N2: Slutted up Saldana. He could not do anything. I suspected him the day before with his random attempts to implicate people with very weak logic etc.

N3: Slutted up henry. Suspected him from the beginning just on a hunch.
The following day was when Realdeal claimed he'd been slutted which threw me off. But it was the schizo that had to have done it unless he was lying.

The reactions today were:

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
well i will get it started then...back to day 2.

vote purduebrad

Back to someone not a wolf (PB). Or else in cahoots with a wolf gladiator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
Yeah, really. I don't think Alan is playing in this game.

Given the odd icing of Kwhit, it make might sense to resolve the PB/Kwhit vote to learn from Day 2.

Henry getting slutted now trying to throw things back to 2 people that aren't wolves (PB and Kwhit)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
wow PB...that is possibly the single most awesome post in the history of WW as far as role reveals go

unfortunately, and this applies equally to Kwhit and even myself for that matter...both of your roles are listed as Good/Bad/Neutral, so even though there has been nothing to contradict either of your reveals, the fact that you are the gladiator and Kwhit is the vengeful god does absolutely nothing to change the fact that you may be a wolf.

that said, my vote for you this morning was more of a feeler than anything, and now that Kwhit has alleviated my earlier trepidations, i will cast the vote I actually want to cast

unvote purduebrad
vote crimson fox

His flipflopping and sudden turns towards me have been funky. Then again who knows.

At this point it doesn't matter if I reveal as since we don't have a wolf yet slutting is unlikely to help us down the road.

I am pretty sure reading between the lines that one of these two are wolves. I really think both of them are. Pretty certain Saldana is one which stinks that he has governator. But you have to get it away from him.

The info was more daming when I thought RD was lying and thus it would link him with Sald and Henry for sure as he would have been told by sald and henry that they'd been slutted and thus try to draw out the slut with a lie. But this wasn't the case. but I still think some of this is valid. And this is also why I've been waffling and weird today. I thought one thing, then found out another.

Sorry lathum but I'm getting a bit tired of all the "newbie" talk when I haven't seen THAT much brilliant gameplay coming from you and your accusations. Not taking this personally. After this is over it's all forgotten.
Anyway, add this to your info.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:19 PM   #884
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
LOL.

Whats funny about you coming off as an immature nit to a group of people you don't even know?

Question, where did you come from?
Old 01-14-2010, 07:21 PM   #885
Danny
Head Coach

As of 883
4 CrimsonFox (Saldana 780, Lathum 793, Henry 869, ntn 870)
3 Saldana (CrimsonFox 845, Render 862, PurdueBrad 879)
2 Schmidty (Autumn 855, J23 863)
1 Kwhit (Jackal 851)
1 Hoops (Darth Vilus 838)
1 Jackal (Kwhit 839)
1 Darth (Hoops 875)
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 07:24 PM   #886
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

Sorry lathum but I'm getting a bit tired of all the "newbie" talk when I haven't seen THAT much brilliant gameplay coming from you and your accusations. Not taking this personally. After this is over it's all forgotten.
Anyway, add this to your info.

Where did I call you a newbie? Where did I claim anything I ever said or did was brilliant?
Old 01-14-2010, 07:26 PM   #887
hoopsguy
General Manager

Lathum is not brilliant. There, I said it.

Old 01-14-2010, 07:26 PM   #888
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Whats funny about you coming off as an immature nit to a group of people you don't even know?

Question, where did you come from?

Fool. Just found it recently and joined up. the version 9 version.

Safe people on my list: Autumn Lathum path
Feel good about: purduebrad hoops kwhit

wolves for sure (no i have no proof): saldana henry
skeptical: ntndeacon

unknown: j23 um the other people...
Old 01-14-2010, 07:28 PM   #889
hoopsguy
General Manager

Schmidty, we are starting to run out of roles and I'm not sure how much value there is in claiming them anyway when most of them are neutral. What it really does it make it a bit easier for the wolves to properly target with no BG and no Seer to scare them. So I don't think there is a ton of info to take from that.

How about this -

1.) have you used your power every day?
2.) do you feel like you've made good use of your powers, knowing the results?
Old 01-14-2010, 07:29 PM   #890
Autumn
Head Coach

All right, let's simmer down folks. We don't really have time for a brouhaha.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:29 PM   #891
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Fool. Just found it recently and joined up. the version 9 version.

How can you say you're not taking anything personally in on statement then call me a fool in the other?

You sure are good at first impressions.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:30 PM   #892
Autumn
Head Coach

I don't really think agree with your analysis, CrimsonFox, but I"ll be interested to hear if anyone backs up your slutting agenda.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:31 PM   #893
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

So either CF just made a poor reveal or KWhit made a bad claim at being slutted.

HENRY, you're here, were you slutted?
Old 01-14-2010, 07:31 PM   #894
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

unvote Saldana
Old 01-14-2010, 07:32 PM   #895
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'm coin toss then between KWhit and Crimson but I want to put some pressure out there to make some moves happen:

vote KWhit
Old 01-14-2010, 07:32 PM   #896
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
How can you say you're not taking anything personally in on statement then call me a fool in the other?

You sure are good at first impressions.

FOOL....that's the name of AlanT's OOTP Baseball group game. It stands for Front Office Offseason League. It's under the main forums somewhere. That's where I saw the werewolf games thread. I've played it at Gencon (gaming convention) before a bunch but all live action. Have no idea the implications and complications of an online game but I'm learning the hard way. Are there any other "Why are you such a newbie?" questions I can answer?!?!?
Old 01-14-2010, 07:33 PM   #897
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
All right, let's simmer down folks. We don't really have time for a brouhaha.

nope broohahaha over. I've been up too long and am starting to snap. :P
Old 01-14-2010, 07:33 PM   #898
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Just caught the part regarding the schizo, I'll stay here just to see what happens, but that does change things. Damn me and the role I made.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:36 PM   #899
Autumn
Head Coach

I don't think KWhit said he was slutted.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:36 PM   #900
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
So either CF just made a poor reveal or KWhit made a bad claim at being slutted.

HENRY, you're here, were you slutted?

I didn't say I was slutted. I was put ON ICE.