Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-03-2012, 05:48 PM   #1
tarcone
Coordinator

QBs and Systems

I read where Kurt Warner said that QBs will succeed only in certain systems. He said that when he went to New York, he didnt fit that system and failed.
So it got me thinking about FOF. I have had good QBs play poorly in my system. I have had QBs play poorly in another system.
I have had QBs succeed in systems I use.
I know that QBS have styles. Would these styles make them fit into systems more easily?
So looking at the BELCO library, would you look for a certain style to fit a GP from that library? Based on if QBs were equal in ratings?

tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:18 PM   #2
aston217
College Prospect

"QB style" only indicates which formations they are likely to gain first. I'd say QB bar profile is much more relevant.

aston217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:36 AM   #3
Prinzar
n00b

I think there's definitely something built in to make guys under perform.

In the eNfl I have a guy who is one of the best rated in the league. Last year I played a game management role for him, very short passes and not many of them. He went 3:1 TD:int
This year I had to open up the passing game. Even though he has the right bars, and I'm using a good gameplan, he stink up the place and we were out of playoff consideration by midseason.

In TFL I've got an average QB who has stunk it up in 3 cities before I for him. He helped me reach the playoffs in my first season, and now is playing amazingly with a weak talent team. We are top 5 in scoring and offense. He's thrown 17 TDs to 5 Int's.
I definitely think he's responsive to my gameplan. He suffered in his second year when I changed the passing game to be deeper. Again he's got the bars to do it and a good line to protect him but it just didn't work it right

I think systems definitely work in the game
Prinzar is offline   Reply With Quote