Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: I think we can agree Mustang is the MVP, who did the second best job?
Airhog - Crazy Duke postings were funny, and his voting graphs were helpful 11 35.48%
KevinNU7 - Survived to the end and had some good analysis 2 6.45%
Qwikshot - Threw everyone off as the Cultist, his list was key even after he died! 5 16.13%
Desnudo - Good Bodyguard work and survived despite a lot of suspicion at times 13 41.94%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-02-2005, 07:43 AM   #1351
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
so why did the wolves kill me?

If I remember right, purely Random... We wanted someone that wasn't too quiet and wasn't too talkative. Everyone was so hyped on the quiet thing we wanted to leave the quiet ones alone . . .
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 07:45 AM   #1352
henry296
College Starter

I'd be interested in playing too.. Been following along the whole time.
Old 07-02-2005, 08:11 AM   #1353
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Added a poll to see what people think.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 08:47 AM   #1354
KWhit
Coordinator

Great game wolves!

Thanks for running it Peregrine.

Some things about the game:

The Jon vs Lathum vote was a turning point. Obviously, Swaggs and I put targets on our backs by doing what we did, but we were just one vote short of basically being assured a victory. If Jon got lynched instead of Lathum, it would be 6 vilagers to 4 wolves. After a villager was eaten during the night round, that would have made it 5-4 and then it would be a bodyguard vs brutal wolf race. As soon as the brutal wolf was lynched, the wolves would win. UNLESS the bodyguard stopped a killing.

And with ntndeacon's last second vote, we had enough votes to lynch Jon. But Mustang didn't change his vote, so Lathum got lynched. I thought we were toast. But one thing it did was to put Mustang on the "likely not a wolf" list in people's minds, so it worked out to be a good strategy.

Something to remember in future games - it only takes one wolf to win.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 08:48 AM   #1355
KWhit
Coordinator

And I'll throw my name into the running for the next game as well, but understand if you want to go with new blood.
Old 07-02-2005, 09:08 AM   #1356
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Here are the new people who have expressed interest, as far as I know:

henry296
Raven
Neon_Chaos
Buzzbee (confirm this?)
Fouts
SirFozzie
mrsimperless
heybrad (requested before this game started)
barkeep49

Barkeep was in the last game but only as a replacement near the end.
Old 07-02-2005, 09:39 AM   #1357
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Can't wait to to watch the next round...

For the record I didn't know Mustang was cursed, I only had information on Swaggs, KWhit and Lathum...

My main goal was to generate enough conversation to at least start killing off the first 6 (yes, yes Lathum was a wolf, but I figured I could pull and kill 5 you guys would be fed up enough to ignore my theories).

Happy the wolves won...

I enjoyed it very much.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 09:54 AM   #1358
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Thanks for letting me a part of the game, even if only towards the end. Playing is more fun than watching.

After seeing the game here I went and found a couple of other boards that run the game and one permutation that I read about, but never saw a thread for, was the idea of having competing wolf packs. That seems like a neat spin on the idea.

Great job Mustang, as you really did slip through the cracks.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 10:22 AM   #1359
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Grat job wolves !!

Thanks to peregrine for running the show.

I thought I had Jon for a bit there. I knew he was the seer and thought I may have had a chance. The way the voting went down to the wire was very interesting.

Not only did we get lucky with Mustang but I also thought we did a great job spreading out our votes and not drawing to much suspiscion untill the end.

I thought everyone for the most part played great. Especially Desnudo and Eaglesfan (who I tried to get rid of early). And thanks to airhog for always guessing wrong .

I'll play next game but if you need to bump me so someone else has a chance to play I will consider myself an alternate.

And once again I just want to remind everyone what happens in the game stays in the game, don't take it personaly.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 10:34 AM   #1360
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
After seeing the game here I went and found a couple of other boards that run the game and one permutation that I read about, but never saw a thread for, was the idea of having competing wolf packs. That seems like a neat spin on the idea.

The board that introduced me to it is Boardgamegeek, they have a whole forum devoted to various WW games. Bringing it here seemed like a natural thing. It's been a lot of fun running the games and we've had a lot of good players.

For the next game I think I may not include people who have already played in two games, to allow some more new people to play. However, I'm thinking of some schemes to let killed players, and even observers, still have a role in the game. More on that later.
Old 07-02-2005, 01:19 PM   #1361
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I've been talking with Kwhit, who said he's interested in trying to run a game. We're thinking that he may run a game for the newer players, that's a bit less complex, and I'll run my playtesting game for the veterans. Hopefully that sounds good to everyone, we can accomodate a lot more people this way. Kwhit can decide the size and rules of his game and when he wants to start. I'm still planning on starting on Tuesday (I think) and will be posting something later on tonight maybe.
Old 07-02-2005, 01:41 PM   #1362
KWhit
Coordinator

Yep. It sounds like it will be fun to run a game, and I think there's enough interest to run two games at a time.

I plan on starting mine Tuesday or Wednesday (probably Wednesday). I'll let you know as we get closer, and start a sign-up thread for it soon.

So tentatively, these new folks have shown interest:

henry296
Raven
Neon_Chaos
Buzzbee
Fouts
SirFozzie
mrsimperless
heybrad
barkeep49

Anybody else, let me know.

Also, I want to run a semi-basic game with just wolves, villagers, a seer, and maybe another role or two. Let me know if you definitely want or definitely don't want another role in the game. I don't want to make this game too complex, but we can handle some more special roles if you want them.
Old 07-02-2005, 02:03 PM   #1363
Raven
College Prospect

KWhit, I was hoping we'd have several more roles other than just wolves and villagers. While I've never played the game, I did read all 1300+ posts in this thread, so have a fairly good idea of what each role can do. A couple other guys on your list (if not all) probably feel the same way. I understand you wanting to keep it simple, i just hope it isn't too simple that it's a dumbed-down version of the game and not quite as fun.

Thanks.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 02:08 PM   #1364
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I would love to play another game, but also would prefer more roles, if possible.
Old 07-02-2005, 02:14 PM   #1365
Joe
Pro Starter

I think this game had too many roles, it really lagged waiting for the PMs from everyone to do the night turns. So maybe find a good middle ground.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 03:04 PM   #1366
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine
For the next game I think I may not include people who have already played in two games, to allow some more new people to play. However, I'm thinking of some schemes to let killed players, and even observers, still have a role in the game. More on that later.

Even if you had a spot for me, I'd need to sit one out...

Not to mention, I don't think I'm going to be trusted for a bit of time in these games... no sense getting killed the first night.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 07-02-2005, 03:10 PM   #1367
Desnudo
Coordinator

I would think you would actually get a free pass, since most people would think you wouldn't be a wolf twice in a row.

I apologize if it was asked and answered already, but why didn't you vote for Jon? Was it part of some sacrifice strategy? The Swaggs and KWhit votes make sense since they were obvious, but the Lathum one...

Last edited by Desnudo : 07-02-2005 at 03:10 PM.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 03:21 PM   #1368
Desnudo
Coordinator

A couple of suggestions for the next round:

First off, I really like the organization that you've applied to these games. I think the only improvement I would like to see is quicker removal of non-active players. Something like two missed votes in a row and you are replaced. I don't think it is strategy missing a vote more than once in a row, and it isn't fair to the other players. It is disruptive to the game flow. You should be forced to make a judgement. If I were locked in a house with twelve people, I would demand to know each one of their opinions. There's flying below the radar and not even being on the radar.

Second, if you combine the guys from both of the games plus the new guys, couldn't you run one complex and one normal game? Or does KWhit want to run a simple one for his first game?
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 04:25 PM   #1369
Airhog
Captain Obvious

I have to agree with dsenudo here. Having neuqua drop out was a bit frustrating. I think you should be able to abstain from voting, but I think you should have to say your doing so before the deadline.

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 05:08 PM   #1370
Swaggs
Coordinator

Two other small things for the next game.

Other than short comments and such, it is disruptive and messes up the game when viewers speculate "out loud."

The other thing is that werewolves should have the option to not kill during any given evening. It adds to the hysteria/speculation, at times.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 05:35 PM   #1371
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
I apologize if it was asked and answered already, but why didn't you vote for Jon? Was it part of some sacrifice strategy? The Swaggs and KWhit votes make sense since they were obvious, but the Lathum one...

Initially, Lathum had suggested that if the tide turned on him, just vote on him. I voted I believe 3rd or 4th.. then some momentum turned on NTN.. I was watching that hoping Lathum would pull one out but, when it went 5-3, there was no sense.. NTN helped by voting at the last second. With a minute left, I would have swung but, he literally voted at the last second...
Old 07-02-2005, 05:36 PM   #1372
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I don't think you should be able to abstain. In fact that is why I voted at the last minute that one night. just to vote. I think that part of the game is putting yourself on the line each night with an accusation.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 05:56 PM   #1373
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
First off, I really like the organization that you've applied to these games. I think the only improvement I would like to see is quicker removal of non-active players. Something like two missed votes in a row and you are replaced.

I agree, I dropped the ball on this as I wasn't keeping as close a track as I should have been to who was active and not. Also, it's no shame to PM me and say "Look, I can't be active for a few days if you want to replace me." Real life stuff happens.

Quote:
Second, if you combine the guys from both of the games plus the new guys, couldn't you run one complex and one normal game? Or does KWhit want to run a simple one for his first game?

Well as far as I'm concerned I would be fine running both games, but Kwhit was interested in running one. I'm just worried that my new game is going to be chaotic enough, without new people having to learn sort of how to play at the same time. The other game can be however we want it, I think Kwhit wants to ease himself in.

Quote:
I think this game had too many roles, it really lagged waiting for the PMs from everyone to do the night turns.

I don't think it's too many roles, it's just that it took me a while to set a deadline for those PMs, and I should have done so immediately.
Old 07-02-2005, 05:57 PM   #1374
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Also, Swaggs, the wolves always have the option of not killing someone, it's just rarely a good option since whatever confusion they may gain, they lose in having to take an extra turn to get rid of everyone.
Old 07-02-2005, 05:58 PM   #1375
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon
I don't think you should be able to abstain. In fact that is why I voted at the last minute that one night. just to vote. I think that part of the game is putting yourself on the line each night with an accusation.
I agree with this completely.
Old 07-02-2005, 05:59 PM   #1376
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

If there is any room in an upcoming WW game, I'd love to be in. Since I was in the last two games, I'll understand if we want to give others a shot. But anytime there is an opening, I'll definitely throw my name in.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 06:04 PM   #1377
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Anyone who was in the last game is welcome to sign up for my next game. Just shoot me a PM to let me know. I only need 17 players though, this time. I'll also be asking Fonzie and Jeff061 who weren't in this game, but were in my 5 player game.
Old 07-02-2005, 06:21 PM   #1378
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Hmm maybe PM isn't the best way to do it. I think I'll also include a couple of new people to keep the mix fresh. If your name is on this list and you don't want to play in the next one, let me know.

Eaglesfan
ntndeacon
BrianD
Airhog
TazFTW
Desnudo
Fonzie
Qwikshot
Jeff061
SirFozzie
Barkeep49
KevinNU7
Swaggs
Nomyths
Jon
Tigercat
Lathum

Last edited by Peregrine : 07-02-2005 at 06:22 PM.
Old 07-02-2005, 06:28 PM   #1379
Thomkal
Head Coach

I would also like to get in on one of these games. I've been reading many of the games at the boardgame geek site Peregrine mentioned, and have become intrigued by the whole thing.

Oh and Peregrine-you are an evil Spawn!
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 06:31 PM   #1380
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Oh and Peregrine-you are an evil Spawn!

Yeah we suckered that crew but good, even though they basically knew our identities, they couldn't lynch us fast enough to prevent us from winning. A couple of good or lucky actions on our part got them all paranoid.
Old 07-02-2005, 07:08 PM   #1381
KWhit
Coordinator

I don't need to keep my game simple for me, and I'll add more special roles than just the seer. But I do think that for first timers there shouldn't be as many roles as what we had this last time. I also think that some of the extra roles don't hold as much value as others. It depends on how many people decide to play in my game, but I'll have more roles than just the seer, and I'll make sure it's not a dumbed down game.

Here's who I have playing so far. Let me know if you want in the game or if your name is here and you don't want to play. Note, I didn't include anyone who is in Peregrine's game. If you want to do both, you can if I need the people, so let me know if you want in mine too. But I will be taking players that aren't in Pere's game first.

henry296
Raven
Neon_Chaos
Buzzbee
Fouts
mrsimperless
heybrad
Thomkal

So come on folks! I need more people!
Old 07-02-2005, 07:15 PM   #1382
Barkeep49
Coordinator

KWhit you might want to do a new thread as I know I would have signed up at the end of the 1st game had I known it was the end, but I wasn't checking that thread.