Shut up, werewolf.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 06:49 PM   #403
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
Shut up, werewolf.

I am not a werewolf. I just play one in the game.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 06:49 PM   #404
Desnudo
Coordinator

I would like to play, and hopefully live more than a day. I will also try not to lynch the seer next time.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 06:51 PM   #405
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

I'd like to play in the next one as well.
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 06:57 PM   #406
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Okay, the people I have heard from that are new and want to join the next game (some of them I'm just inferring from posts on this thread) are:

Jon
Swaggs
TazFTW
Airhog
Heybrad
NoMyths
Qwikshot
Neuqua
ntndeacon

I'm still trying to decide if everyone should be able to play or if a couple of the old may be left out.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 07:05 PM   #407
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

As stated before, I'd still like in again...

I'll post my rewrap after the furnace guy leaves..

$4K for a new furnace.. blah...
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 07:29 PM   #408
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Count me in!

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 07:32 PM   #409
McSweeny
College Starter

this was tons of fun to read and i'd love to play in the next one
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 07:40 PM   #410
Jon
High School Varsity

Awesome! I can't wait till it starts.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 08:02 PM   #411
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I'll post some more about the second game at work tonight, I don't think I'll be able to include all the new people and the old people so I may randomize it, if you get left out, don't worry, I'm sure you can get into the eventual third game.

For a starting time, we can either:

A) Start on Monday, having it as the first day of discussion

or

B) Start this weekend, probably allowing the whole weekend for one day turn since people have plans, etc
Old 06-23-2005, 08:04 PM   #412
Tigercat
College Starter

I also would like to play if there is room. This thread has been a lot of fun just to follow along with.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 08:18 PM   #413
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I mentioned in a PM that I would love to play again. This game was pretty cool, and it helped get me through some annoying work days.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 08:21 PM   #414
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

It really doesn't matter, but I think my sight was less than perfect:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine
You certainly can. He's a villager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD
Can I get a view of Condors?

Old 06-23-2005, 08:25 PM   #415
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

That is in the rules. It says a sorceror shows up as a villager when the seer asks to see him.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 09:19 PM   #416
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
That is in the rules. It says a sorceror shows up as a villager when the seer asks to see him.

But a hunter shows up as a hunter?
Old 06-23-2005, 09:19 PM   #417
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Now I can make some comments.

First, I'm not sure but, I might have caused some voting for BrianD this morning. I really thought BrianD was the werewolf. I thought he lied about KevinNU just to get him killed after the jackass comment and then would play it off as 'sorry guys, heat of the moment and I was really upset" after it was revealed KevinNU was a villager. He would then have had a 1 in 5 chance to kill off the real seer and try to continue the game. Risky.. heck ya but given the amount of heat on him anyways I could see him wanting to whack KevinNU. Of course, even if we did lynch BrianD.. after it was revealed he was the seer the game would have ended immediately.. *L*

For the game, activity definitely breeds both paranoia and insight into what everyone is thinking. I definitely took a chatty cathy approach which I was fearful of doing. Mostly because I thought that that if I did finger a werewolf correctly, it would end my game quickly but, I also thought if I was wrong that it would protect me in a way as I was supplying false information for the wolves. Overall though, more activity is better, that's for sure... the first lynching almost seems too random though although, for some reason, through Lathum's comments I did pick up that he was an innocent.

Will definitely be interesting in the future to try expanded rules. Read one about Wolf Packs where there are the villagers and 2 separate packs of wolves competing..
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 06-23-2005, 09:28 PM   #418
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I also took the chatty cathy approach. I figured the more people talked, the more people would have to talk about. I don't think I had anywhere near the analysis that Mustang did, but I tried to keep the conversation going. Another big goal of mine was to place a vote early in the day. I didn't necessarily plan on keeping my vote at the end, but it seemed to breed conversation. There was really never a time when I knew much of what was going on other than the last vote for KevinNU. After the first bad vote for Lathum, I was pretty sure that the wolves voted for Lathum to jump on the wrong bandwagon. Because of that, I had picked out Warhammer and Fonzie as probably wolves, but the more they talked the more I doubted myself. I'm not even sure what it was that convinced me to vote for GWB.

I do find it a little bit entertaining that Condors kept getting picked on by the wolves when he was the sorcerer. How tough must it have been to keep quiet in that situation?
Old 06-23-2005, 09:32 PM   #419
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I was trying to strike the balance between not talking enough and breeding suspicion, and talking too much to the point where someone might want to kill me off just because i was too talkative. Certainly quite a few different strategies for the game.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 09:41 PM   #420
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
I was trying to strike the balance between not talking enough and breeding suspicion, and talking too much to the point where someone might want to kill me off just because i was too talkative. Certainly quite a few different strategies for the game.

Hell, I just thought you were talking when you felt good and when quiet, you weren't up to talking.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:47 PM   #421
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang
Hell, I just thought you were talking when you felt good and when quiet, you weren't up to talking.

Well certainly my early morning into even early afternoon silence was because of not feeling well/sleeping late. I was talking more about my times when I was awake and feeling ok
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 09:49 PM   #422
korme
Go Reds

As I stated before, I'd like to participate nexttime.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 09:50 PM   #423
Joe
Pro Starter

hey BrianD, I'm just wondering who you viewed and when. Give us a little insight?
Old 06-23-2005, 10:09 PM   #424
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD
But a hunter shows up as a hunter?

This was really my mistake. The seer should see if a person is a wolf, or human, that's it, not anyone's special role, except possibly one special role. I'll try to clarify this before the second game.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:34 PM   #425
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
hey BrianD, I'm just wondering who you viewed and when. Give us a little insight?

At the start of the game, everyone was jumping on JeeberD, so I asked to view him first. Since he got replaced by Eaglesfan27, I kept the same viewing and saw that he was a hunter. (Apparently I wasn't supposed to know that he was anything other than human).

My next viewing was on Condors. Since he got so many votes (aside from Lathum), I wanted to see if I was missing anything. He showed up as being human.

At this point, after the successful lynching of our first wolf, I figured that KevinNU7 was the other wolf. I viewed him to verify and found that I was right.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:42 PM   #426
Joe
Pro Starter

ahh. I figured I was viewed since the mob turned on me so fast. Guess not.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:45 PM   #427
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
ahh. I figured I was viewed since the mob turned on me so fast. Guess not.

No, for some reason when you were pushing for JeeberD to go, I got suspicious of you. I think Mustang probably convinced me when he made a case and then voted for you.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:05 PM   #428
Swaggs
Coordinator

Awesome game, guys.

It was fun to follow.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 11:42 PM   #429
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

I'd like to re-up, if there's room.

This was a blast.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 11:43 PM   #430
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Dola-

Many thanks, Peregrine!
Old 06-23-2005, 11:51 PM   #431
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Okay, here's what I did. I took all the new people that have expressed interest (12 of them) and put them with the old players, then just did a random number generator to see who gets to play the next game. I'll be allowing 19 for the next one (it's going to be crazy!) so at least only a few will be left out.

Players for the new game:

Jon
Swaggs
TazFTW
Airhog
NoMyths
Qwikshot
Neuqua
ntndeacon
McSweeny
Shorty
Kwhit
Mustang
BrianD
Condors
Eaglesfan
GWB
KevinNU7
Desnudo
Lathum

Sorry Warhammer, Fonzie, Tigercat, and Heybrad. I figured this was the fairest way to do it.

If you think you'll be absent for any substantial part of the next several days or won't be able to play for some other reason, let me know, we will use the others as alternates.

Last edited by Peregrine : 06-23-2005 at 11:55 PM.
Old 06-24-2005, 12:21 AM   #432
Joe
Pro Starter

good stuff.
Old 06-24-2005, 12:27 AM   #433
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Oh well. Have fun everyone!

Last edited by Fonzie : 06-24-2005 at 12:29 AM.
Old 06-24-2005, 12:31 AM   #434
korme
Go Reds

The fairest way would have been automatically toss in the new guys, and then random number generate the old players to see who gets to play again. Kinda unfair to someone like heybrad, who has to watch twice now, methinks.

But I'm in so who's complainin! Let the games begin!
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 12:37 AM   #435
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I've started the thread for Game 2:

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~fof/foru...ad.php?t=40127
Old 06-24-2005, 12:42 AM   #436
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
The fairest way would have been automatically toss in the new guys, and then random number generate the old players to see who gets to play again. Kinda unfair to someone like heybrad, who has to watch twice now, methinks

I did think about this too, however I wanted the old players to have a chance too, and not start with a whole new blank slate of people. In future games I will give preference to newer players though, so that the same people don't play every time.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:06 AM   #437
KevinNU7
College Starter

Just like to send out a quick apology to BrainD now that everything is said and done. Mainly called you a jackass to try and make you look like a jackass

By the way, Condors was the worst Sorceror ever The goal is for you to have the Werewolf win, I can't believe you didn't chime in and say, "I'm the sorceror, not BrianD"
Old 06-24-2005, 07:46 AM   #438
condors
College Starter

being the sorc is a tough spot, you have no idea who the wolves are, you want the wolves to win, you also want to avoid getting eaten or lynched

I tried to pretend i was a villager and hopefully the wolves would get enough of them
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 08:15 AM   #439
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNU7
Just like to send out a quick apology to BrainD now that everything is said and done. Mainly called you a jackass to try and make you look like a jackass

No worries. I figured (hoped) it was just a game strategy.
You did get me to out myself as the seer, and people almost didn't believe me. The strategy nearly worked.
Old 06-24-2005, 08:22 AM   #440
KevinNU7
College Starter

Well I was really hoping the seer was a moron and jsut hadn't viewed me yet. Then I was hoping to get really lucky and kill the seer with my next turn. But you had to say you were the seer
Old 06-24-2005, 08:48 AM   #441
Warhammer
Pro Starter

I forget what it was that GWB did, but I figured early on that GWB was a wolf. That was why I was so quick to jump on the GWB bandwagon, I thought he was either the sorceror or a wolf and either way it would be a win for the villagers.

Kevin got me suspicious with his initial vote and the speed with which he jumped on my "I am the werewolf" comment.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 08:52 AM   #442
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Well I was really hoping the seer was a moron and jsut hadn't viewed me yet. Then I was hoping to get really lucky and kill the seer with my next turn. But you had to say you were the seer

I wasn't planning on revealing it in case I wasn't believed, but then you called me a jackass and a not very smart person so I felt I had to defend my self.
Old 06-24-2005, 08:52 AM   #443
KevinNU7
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer
Kevin got me suspicious with his initial vote and the speed with which he jumped on my "I am the werewolf" comment.
Well that was jsut a joke. I probably would have doen the same thing even if I was only a villager
Old 06-24-2005, 09:06 AM   #444
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Yeah, seems like it would be right up his alley. Then again, maybe he and BrianD are both werewolves, and knew that you'd see through it, deflecting suspicion of BrianD. Lots of mind games going on. Seems like Eaglesfan is having a long nap after eating Desnudo. And don't forget that he has the same role Jeeber had, and a good number of us were suspicious of Jeeber. EF was on my list yesterday, and this is starting to make sense.

That is where I became suspicious of GWB, but I did not think he was the werewolf until later. But this is where I definitely knew he was not on the villagers side.
Old 06-24-2005, 09:10 AM   #445
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Well that was jsut a joke. I probably would have doen the same thing even if I was only a villager

This is what got me thinking about you as the wolf:

Quote:
Interesting death with Desundo going, who IMO didn't seem like too much of a threat. Maybe he was on to something with his vote. Could he be the seerer?!

But I was not sure, until GWB became clear about being a baddy, and then I looked at how your votes kind of interacted, but I had no definite proof, until yours and BrianD's exchange.