Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: I think we can agree Mustang is the MVP, who did the second best job?
Airhog - Crazy Duke postings were funny, and his voting graphs were helpful 11 35.48%
KevinNU7 - Survived to the end and had some good analysis 2 6.45%
Qwikshot - Threw everyone off as the Cultist, his list was key even after he died! 5 16.13%
Desnudo - Good Bodyguard work and survived despite a lot of suspicion at times 13 41.94%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-24-2005, 02:18 PM   #151
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Ack! I was just trying to contribute to the discussion since I don't work today...didn't want it to have me get killed off.

Fwiw, I guarantee I'm not a werewolf.
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 02:18 PM   #152
Joe
Pro Starter

Until I read over the previous posts, I won't know for sure if I will change or not. But for right now I vote for the one person (I think) that hasn't been heard from.

I vote for Airhog
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 02:21 PM   #153
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

You know, Shorty laying low until this later hour is suspicious enough, but trying to provide shaky reasons on top of it? Forget the retributioon vote...I'm convinced that he's a werewolf after all.
Old 06-24-2005, 02:23 PM   #154
korme
Go Reds

NM, like Pere said, 'guaranteeing' anything is retarded and goes against the whole idea of a suspenseful game. Your statements of defense mean nothing. You had it coming, accusing everyone left and right. Why couldn't you fetch some water or something? You had to go and start jumping on people.

You deserve what's coming to you.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 02:28 PM   #155
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Bah...accusing my ass. I'd have voted for someone if I thought they were actually a wolf. Which I have.

Figured if I was around this afternoon, might as well have some fun with it. Didn't realize you'd delurk just in time to deflect attention from yourself.

You die tonight, werewolf.
Old 06-24-2005, 02:36 PM   #156
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

As others have said, this may change. However I shall go with the werewolf that changed my post to avert suspicion from himself.
I vote for Desnudo
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 02:38 PM   #157
korme
Go Reds

*throws silver spoons at NoMyths*
Old 06-24-2005, 02:39 PM   #158
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281
*throws silver spoons at NoMyths*
*uses them to eat a nice bowl of vegetarian soup*

*holds up a picture of Lassie to see if werewolf lust causes Shorty to get excited*
Old 06-24-2005, 02:41 PM   #159
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Wow, voting all over the place today. Anybody got enough time on their hands to collect all the votes and create a scorecard?
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 02:41 PM   #160
korme
Go Reds

Vegetarian soup? Are you afraid that if you start eating meat now you won't be able to contain yourself and might kill a villager before night tonight?
Old 06-24-2005, 02:41 PM   #161
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMyths
*holds up a picture of Lassie to see if werewolf lust causes Shorty to get excited*

Wouldn't that get him excited even if he wasn't a werewolf?
Old 06-24-2005, 02:50 PM   #162
korme
Go Reds

Votes for... (8 of 19)
Airhog - 1
(George W Bush)
condors - 1 (BrianD)
Desnudo - 2 (condors, ntndeacon)
NoMyths - 2 (Neuqua, Shorty)
Shorty - 2 (NoMyths, Swaggs)

Last edited by korme : 06-24-2005 at 02:50 PM.
Old 06-24-2005, 03:08 PM   #163
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Shorty's vote change intrigues me. He voted Swaggs out of spite, a very werewolfie thing to do. That analysis of NoMyths comments is also very fishy.

Then again NoMyths just went with the "I guarantee I'm not a werewolf". Which is either BS (NM is a wolf) or true (NM is not a wolf but could possibly be a sorceror trying to get the wolves to win).

From what I've seen last game, it is not wise for the wolves to block vote. Why not vote for each other and if 1 dies, the other might be construed as the seer and lasts longer in the game. With that,

I Vote for Shorty
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 03:24 PM   #164
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Despite my somewhat lame joke, I find Shorty's ideas quite intriguing. I may change my mind, but I vote for NoMyths.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 03:43 PM   #165
Jon
High School Varsity

While I find Shorty's analysis intriguing as well, it just seems he's trying too hard to deflect the attention from himself to NoMyths. So, at least for now,
I vote for Shorty
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 03:48 PM   #166
McSweeny
College Starter

this is pretty tough

i can see good cases for both Shorty and NoMyths. Could they both be werewolves and are using the plan outlined by Taz?
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 04:03 PM   #167
Joe
Pro Starter

Having read through some interesting posts, it's time to change the vote.

Unvote Airhog
Vote Shorty
Old 06-24-2005, 04:16 PM   #168
McSweeny
College Starter

i'm about to head out for a few hours so i'll make my vote now. I seem to find myself agreeing with Jon, so with that...

Vote Shorty
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 04:24 PM   #169
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Looks like the bandwagon is forming.

Unvote Condors
Vote Shorty
Old 06-24-2005, 04:24 PM   #170
korme
Go Reds

Wow, this is what I like to call bullshit bandwagon voting. There is no reason to assume I am a werewolf, and now I am probably going to be the first lynched. Why would I be a werewolf? From the get go, people just start claiming that I was quiet (I was fuckin' asleep), and 1 vote starts the masses. This is crap really. Instead of someone like NM who repeatedly kept pushing blame on other people, I get massive votes for defending myself with a well thought plan. Right. Very shallow, fellas.
Old 06-24-2005, 04:37 PM   #171
KevinNU7
College Starter

For a lack of posting and taking someone else spot I vote Airhog
Old 06-24-2005, 05:00 PM   #172
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNU7
For a lack of posting and taking someone else spot I vote Airhog

I stated that several posts ago I would follow this 'logic'.

I vote Airhog

Although, there are a few well reasoned out posts in here that might sway me to jump on the bandwagon.

I find it odd that NoMyths is a little too happy over Shorty getting all the attention, hmm.. I think most people are a little apprehensive about ending someone's game this early... He is just toooooo giddy.. If Airhog comes around, my vote will swing to NoMyths...
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...

Last edited by Mustang : 06-24-2005 at 05:07 PM.
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 05:11 PM   #173
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Anyone know where Airhog has been?

I've got serious questions about both NoMyths and Shorty. NM was tossing accusations around everywhere taking an "anybody but me approach". Clearly he was trying to get the heat off of him, but not really placing it on anyone else. Is this because he is a wolf and doesn't care where the heat goes, or because he is not a wolf but doesn't know a wolf to put the heat on?

Shorty has been very focused with his heat. It seems a little odd that he would be so certain that NM needs to go since we really can't know who the wolves are. I could see him being the wolf and trying to get a known villager lynched. Of course he might have noticed the heat on himself and figured the only way to get the heat off was to put it on one other person, and NM was convenient.

I could totally argue myself in either direction for both of these guys. Anybody else want to make an argument?

I plan on being around for a while before the deadline, so I'll have plenty of times to read the arguments.

Last edited by BrianD : 06-24-2005 at 05:15 PM.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:16 PM   #174
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I'm leaving for the evening shortly, and will be back to post the lynch results after 11. Wolves/Doctor/Bodyguard/Seer/Sorceror/Witness can PM me anytime they wish. I'll reveal the results during the night turn as usual.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 05:18 PM   #175
korme
Go Reds

I will make the arguement that your guess is as good as mine, and the person that has given me the most questions is NoMyths, inadvertantly. I'm trying to avoid being lynched here, so I have to carefully play my hand here. I'm down like 7 votes to whoever is close (I think Airhog, Des and NM have 2 each), which sucks because one more day will go without a werewolf dying unless things change..
Old 06-24-2005, 05:28 PM   #176
Jon
High School Varsity

I just don't think a wolf would work so hard to guarantee that they weren't a wolf as they would suddenly make themselves an immediate target and a likely subject of the first lynching. Shorty, I think, focused on an easy target to deflect attention from himself. Now, if he comes up with a better explanation, I might change my mind.

Last edited by Jon : 06-24-2005 at 05:35 PM.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:36 PM   #177
korme
Go Reds

That's a joke Jon. Because, if you would read, I pointed out that NM's very first post was to claim that he was a villager and not a wolf.

My first post? Saying how I, like EF woke up late. I didn't get defensive until punches started landing my way. What would you have done? Taken a knee?

Your theory has holes in it, and it's a lazy bullshit response to vote for me after obviously not even reading this thread.

Last edited by korme : 06-24-2005 at 05:37 PM.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:39 PM   #178
Jon
High School Varsity

Nothing personal. It just seems like you took the ball and ran with it to focus on No Myths. Outside of his guarantee that he's not a wolf, what makes you think he's a wolf?

Last edited by Jon : 06-24-2005 at 06:01 PM.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:40 PM   #179
Airhog
Captain Obvious

You know some of us do have jobs I havent even been on until 5 minutes ago. Nice to see people voting for me only on the basis of that 1 item. Of course, this early in the game you are really just shooting blanks here. I havent had time to properly read this thread so I am witholding a vote for now, besides I need to go cook some huma...err chicken for dinner.

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 05:46 PM   #180
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Either that steam coming off of Shorty is part of an act to make us think that he is mock upset and really is a werewolf.. (See KevinNU's jackass comment in the last game) OR he really is an innocent..

hmmm...

I think NoMyths is going to hang or Shorty is... either way they are targets for the Seer and further lynchings...
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 06-24-2005, 05:46 PM   #181
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
Chill. It's a game. You took the ball and ran with it to focus on No Myths. Outside of his guarantee that he's not a wolf, what makes you think he's a wolf?

Again, did you read the lengthy post I spent analyzing his posts. Read that, and thus you will find the reason's why I suspect him.

I know it's a game, but at the same time, I am fighting for my chance to see another day here..
Old 06-24-2005, 05:47 PM   #182
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhog
Nice to see people voting for me only on the basis of that 1 item.

Just the nature of trying to make sure people are active.

Unvote Airhog

Vote NoMyths
Old 06-24-2005, 06:29 PM   #183
KWhit
Coordinator

Hmmmm.... The exchanges between Shorty and NoMyths are just bizarre. My guess right now is that one of them is a wolf.

Vote NoMyths.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 06:40 PM   #184
Airhog
Captain Obvious

nomyths 5
shorty 4
desnudo 2
condors 1
airhog 1

Last edited by Airhog : 06-24-2005 at 06:41 PM.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:49 PM   #185
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Personally I dont think the werewolf would be so vocal in the beginning. I think the werewolf would be someone that would join the bandwagon so to speak. They want to try to draw the least amount of attention to themselves. Also, I dont think the wolves would vote for the same person unless that person was already getting alot of vote.

Old 06-24-2005, 07:01 PM   #186
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
nomyths 5
shorty 4
desnudo 2
condors 1
airhog 1

i think you have severely miscounted for the better of me. i counted 7 votes for me
Old 06-24-2005, 07:03 PM   #187
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Also, I dont think the wolves would vote for the same person unless that person was already getting alot of vote.

actually, that is exactly what happened last game. If the wolves were paying attention they probably won't make that mistake again.. then again, everyone else knows this too...
Old 06-24-2005, 07:05 PM   #188
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Personally I dont think the werewolf would be so vocal in the beginning. I think the werewolf would be someone that would join the bandwagon so to speak. They want to try to draw the least amount of attention to themselves. Also, I dont think the wolves would vote for the same person unless that person was already getting alot of vote.

Are you sure about that? Last game I was very vocal in the beginning. Werewolf strategy can be anything.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:15 PM   #189
Joe
Pro Starter

I think this is where the voting stands, unless I am mistaken. I believe Airhog was off.

Votes for... (15 of 19)
Airhog - 1 (KevinNU7)
Desnudo - 2 (condors, ntndeacon)
NoMyths - 5 (Neuqua, Shorty, EaglesFan27, KWhit, Mustang)
Shorty - 7 (NoMyths, Swaggs, TazFTW, Jon, George W Bush, McSweeney, BrianD)
Old 06-24-2005, 07:31 PM   #190
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Ok, I think I need to throw a wrench in things. We've had Shorty on top of the lynching list for a few hours, and nobody has been trying to argue for votes for anyone else. NoMyths has a number of votes, but nobody is trying to sway votes away from Shorty and to NoMyths...or anyone else. If Shorty was a wolf, he'd be getting some help from somewhere since time is running out. I'm starting to think my vote for shorty may be misplaced, but I don't know where it should go.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:31 PM   #191
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

So I return home from work...play a little GTA: San Andreas...

Still mulling over who I should pick...

I'm leaning towards NM or Shorty...
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 07:32 PM   #192
Jon
High School Varsity

Maybe Shorty's wolf cohort is drying to keep quiet and voted for someone else?
Old 06-24-2005, 07:39 PM   #193
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD
Ok, I think I need to throw a wrench in things. We've had Shorty on top of the lynching list for a few hours, and nobody has been trying to argue for votes for anyone else. NoMyths has a number of votes, but nobody is trying to sway votes away from Shorty and to NoMyths...or anyone else. If Shorty was a wolf, he'd be getting some help from somewhere since time is running out. I'm starting to think my vote for shorty may be misplaced, but I don't know where it should go.

Never thought of it that way (since I'm friggin innocent), but you are right. My wolf compadres would be up in arms about me being leading vote getter. I'm convinced Jon has his mind made, so I will let him keep speculating. All I can hope is that there are a turn of votes.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:40 PM   #194
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
Maybe Shorty's wolf cohort is drying to keep quiet and voted for someone else?

And letting Shorty stay on top of the lynch list? That seems like a silly strategy.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:42 PM   #195
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
And letting Shorty stay on top of the lynch list? That seems like a silly strategy.

And yet, you seem to be the only one defending him...
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 07:45 PM   #196
korme
Go Reds

Yet, BrianD at this point is voting for me Qwik. Trust me, I am not a wolf and I don't know about Brian, but if we were tag team werewolf partners he probably wouldn't be voting for me. Not saying he can't be swayed later to change his vote (and hopefully he will be), but it certainly isn't for our sake.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:46 PM   #197
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Yes, I figured someone would say that. But would I call for this strategy and then use it? That would seem pretty obvious and stupid. The fact that nobody is going to bat for Shorty makes me think that the wolves don't care if he gets lynched. This makes me uncomfortable.

Unvote Shorty
Vote NoMyths

And yes I do realize that if I am wrong about this and Shorty gets lynched and is a wolf, I'm a big target.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:52 PM   #198
Jon
High School Varsity

Quote:

D@% Comcast! I couldn't finish the post since the freaking moden went out again. I was going to add that the other wolves would probably wait until the last few hours to start a frenzy of vote switching, just before they had a feeding frenzy.

I just don't believe that No Myths is a wolf. I don't see anyone playing such an obvious strategy to be a wolf.

Last edited by Jon : 06-24-2005 at 07:58 PM.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:54 PM   #199
Airhog
Captain Obvious

I vote for Desnudo

Last edited by Airhog : 06-24-2005 at 07:54 PM.
Old 06-24-2005, 08:05 PM   #200
Desnudo
Coordinator

Well,

I vote for Airhog then

I've also accumulated two "personal vendetta" votes from condors and deacon. Remind me not to make a joke in this thread again. Nobody is above suspicion at this point, but I think I've clearly explained the timing of my postings.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote