Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: I think we can agree Mustang is the MVP, who did the second best job?
Airhog - Crazy Duke postings were funny, and his voting graphs were helpful 11 35.48%
KevinNU7 - Survived to the end and had some good analysis 2 6.45%
Qwikshot - Threw everyone off as the Cultist, his list was key even after he died! 5 16.13%
Desnudo - Good Bodyguard work and survived despite a lot of suspicion at times 13 41.94%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-25-2005, 10:15 PM   #351
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Btw I just watched the Thing tonight and I thought about the whole concept of paranoia and the game we're playing (plus last game they had some images from the movie).

In that movie, I still wonder if at the end MacReady and Childs face off, die, or actually survive (very slim). I've often wondered if Childs is an alien at the end, just resigned to the fact that they're both going to die.

I wonder more how the hell Kurt Russell would wear that hat.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 10:18 PM   #352
condors
College Starter

I vote airhog

i want to see what role he is if not a werewolf
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 10:46 PM   #353
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Qwikshot, The Thing is definitely THE classic "Werewolf" movie. Paranoia, lynching, shapechanging bad guys, etc.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 10:47 PM   #354
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by condors
I vote airhog

i want to see what role he is if not a werewolf

I think alot of people are curious. I'd love to hear other theories but, seems everyone went from the mob rules mentality to curiousity killed the cat mentality.. (so to speak)

I vote Airhog
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 11:23 PM   #355
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

I'm very skeptical of Airhog's ploy, but I'll keep my reasons to myself since I'm not playing.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 12:02 AM   #356
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzie
I'm very skeptical of Airhog's ploy, but I'll keep my reasons to myself since I'm not playing.
Who wouldn't be?

Last edited by Lathum : 06-26-2005 at 12:02 AM.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 01:17 AM   #357
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Vote tally

Airhog - 10 (TazFTW, KevinNU7, Eaglesfan27, NoMyths, Lathum, George W Bush, BrianD, KWhit, condors, Mustang)

Neuqua - 1 (Airhog)
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 01:55 AM   #358
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I vote for Airhog

I am confused about which role could benifit from drawing the attention his way this early.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 06:49 AM   #359
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I'll throw out the idea of carrying out an early lynching, since it's very obvious who it's going to be. I don't usually like the idea of lynching before the deadline (though it is done in some games) but since it's already 11 votes for Airhog and no one shows any signs of changing their votes I'm open to the option if people want to do it.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:22 AM   #360
condors
College Starter

early lynching!
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 07:34 AM   #361
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine
I'll throw out the idea of carrying out an early lynching, since it's very obvious who it's going to be. I don't usually like the idea of lynching before the deadline (though it is done in some games) but since it's already 11 votes for Airhog and no one shows any signs of changing their votes I'm open to the option if people want to do it.

In Airhog's defense, I wouldn't do it too early just in case there are people that change their mind. Plus, it might not matter to do it early if the roleplayers are thinking they need to come back on later tonight so, we still might be delayed.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 06-26-2005, 08:27 AM   #362
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang
In Airhog's defense, I wouldn't do it too early just in case there are people that change their mind. Plus, it might not matter to do it early if the roleplayers are thinking they need to come back on later tonight so, we still might be delayed.

Yeah I will wait for some more votes to be cast in any case, there are several non-voters still so another bandwagon could form.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:35 AM   #363
Airhog
Captain Obvious

It doesnt look good for ole Airhog. If its not a lynching, then I am sure I will be eaten this next night. So lets just see how this plays out.

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 10:16 AM   #364
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Im surprised none of my furry friends have came to help me. Why havent you tried to sway the vote yet? Do you really want to give one of your own yet? Sure I may have been cursed, and I am kinda new at this whole eating people thing. But don't leave me to be hanged!

Old 06-26-2005, 10:19 AM   #365
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I really don't think it's Airhog.

I worry that if Airhog is the duke, he will randomly pick one of the accusers and put him to the rope.

I worry that if Airhog is the wolf, then I will be accused for helping subvert from voting him dead.

I worry that if I don't believe Airhog is a wolf, and vote for someone else, that I may raise ire with the person I have voted to lynch be it wolf, duke, etc...

So many choices, so little time. So many risks...

On top of all that I may be eaten tonight regardless...
Old 06-26-2005, 10:21 AM   #366
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

As a side note, real life is calling me...I will be at a birthday party after 12:30 PM E.S.T.

I should be back before votes are cast, I want to read through before making a final decision.

But this will verify my need to be inactive for a bit.
Old 06-26-2005, 10:23 AM   #367
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I am going to have to try and get in on this next time. This looks like my kind of fun.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 10:34 AM   #368
Airhog
Captain Obvious

On an interesting side note. If I am the duke, and I choose someone else to die in my place, who will it be?

Old 06-26-2005, 11:53 AM   #369
McSweeny
College Starter

ok well i'm going to be gone all day and back pretty late tonight

so i'll go with the mob

Vote Airhog
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 01:31 PM   #370
Desnudo
Coordinator

Since I can't see any argument to vote for someone else, Vote Airhog
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 03:59 PM   #371
Airhog
Captain Obvious

I applaud you all. I firmly believe that I am cursed with lycanthropy. I also believe that Neuqa isnt one of the furry creatures. I know, because I tried to have him eaten last night, but there was a bodyguard in front of his door! I hope he doesnt take it personally, but all's fair in love, war and werewolf hunting. BriainD has been pretty vocal. I said it once, and I will say it again, I dont believe the werewolfs would single out someone different than the bandwagon, unless one of there own was under the gun. So I dont believe that Shorty, neuqua, or BriainD are werewolfs. Nomyths might be a werewolf. GWB and KevinNU7 are definately not werewolfs. So this is where I am at right now. Based on Mustangs tell, I also dont think he is a werewolf. Swaggs has been totally inactive. He hasnt even been on since the 24th. He also said he would be out of town, but he didnt pop the first vote on Shorty. I think swaggs has a speical role but im not too sure which role it is.

Unlikely to be a werewolf
Shorty
Neuqua
BrianD
KevinNU7
GWB
Mustang

Possible Werewolfs
Jon
Swaggs
TazFTW
Qwikshot
ntndeacon
McSweeny
Kwhit
Condors
Eaglesfan
Desnudo
Lathum

Old 06-26-2005, 04:02 PM   #372
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Well that is brilliant, youve narrowed the field of possible werewolves down to 2/3 of the players.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 04:02 PM   #373
Airhog
Captain Obvious

now, with all that being said I think it is finally time to change my vote to who I firmly believe is a werewolf.

I unvote Neuqa
I vote TazFTW

Now you guys can either A. Vote for me believe I am a werewolf
B. Change your vote and vote for someone else.
C. Vote for me believing I am the duke. If that is the case, my vote should let you know who will be taking my place tonight

Last edited by Airhog : 06-26-2005 at 04:03 PM.
Old 06-26-2005, 04:09 PM   #374
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Razzie or Oscar, I can't decide .

Last edited by jeff061 : 06-26-2005 at 04:09 PM.
Old 06-26-2005, 04:14 PM   #375
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhog
now, with all that being said I think it is finally time to change my vote to who I firmly believe is a werewolf.

I unvote Neuqa
I vote TazFTW

Now you guys can either A. Vote for me believe I am a werewolf
B. Change your vote and vote for someone else.
C. Vote for me believing I am the duke. If that is the case, my vote should let you know who will be taking my place tonight
How would voting for someone else help us out? If you're Cursed, then getting rid of you kills off one of the wolves...keeping you around wouldn't. Voting for Taz wouldn't guarantee that we kill a wolf, whereas voting for you almost certainly does. I just don't see the benefit in keeping a 99% certain wolf for another chance. Besides, we can check on Taz tonight to find out if he's a wolf, unless a better candidate comes along.
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 05:13 PM   #376
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

If Airhog is cursed, We won't know that until the end of the game, will we. For all we kknow we have already gotten rid of a Cursed person when we lynched Shorty. Of course I am assuming that we get theidentity of the person that was sent to them. And since Cursed folks got something saying they are villagers wouldn't they appear as villagers?
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 05:17 PM   #377
Fouts
College Starter

Fun read. Good play by Airhog, assuming he has ousted a ww. If he hasn't, then he peaked too early!
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 05:22 PM   #378
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

That would be correct, if I remember it right. You only see two deaths, a villager or a werewolf. If a villager had a role, it would not be shown.

I don't care if Airhog is the Duke. If he uses his power to kill me then he will kill an innocent villager and the wolves will know Airhog is someone to eat.
Old 06-26-2005, 05:28 PM   #379
Airhog
Captain Obvious

hmm maybe nomyths is the seer/ He is 99% sure that I am a wolf. I wonder if he watched me last night while I was trying to eat Neuqua

Old 06-26-2005, 05:40 PM   #380
Swaggs
Coordinator

Sweet. Back in town and just did the most reading that I have done since college.

Last edited by Swaggs : 06-26-2005 at 05:52 PM.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 05:42 PM   #381
KevinNU7
College Starter

Can we get this lynching over with already?
Old 06-26-2005, 05:46 PM   #382
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
I don't care if Airhog is the Duke. If he uses his power to kill me then he will kill an innocent villager and the wolves will know Airhog is someone to eat.

Unfortunately, I have to believe one of two things that I believed yesterday. Either Airhog wants us to believe he is the Duke and that Taz will be killed tonight if he is indeed the Duke and we lynch him therefore changing votes to kill Taz but, the bad thing is.. what if Airhog is a wolf trying to get us to do that?

Worst case, we could have an absolutely horrific turn of events happen if Airhog is just a normal villager and Taz is a normal villager and we swap votes... Taz would be lynched, Airhog would probably be left alone and STILL be a suspect and probably left alone by the wolves and then we start all over tomorrow with Airhog still a suspect.

Unfortunately, I feel like I'm voting for Airhog to avoid the worst case scenario in my head as opposed to if I believe he is a werewolf or not...

If my thinking is all messed up.. someone please correct me.. still have what... 4 hours to straighten this all up.
Old 06-26-2005, 05:49 PM   #383
KevinNU7
College Starter

He said he was a werewolf. Why even stress out about it? If he is the Duke he will have us lynhc someone else and then the werewolves will kill him tonight. If he is a werewolf we are fine. If he is jsut a villager then he is a moron and probably just didn't want to play this game anymore
Old 06-26-2005, 05:51 PM   #384
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
That would be correct, if I remember it right. You only see two deaths, a villager or a werewolf. If a villager had a role, it would not be shown.

Special roles are also shown after death, it would be too confusing otherwise. Of course the Cursed is a special role where even the person who is cursed doesn't realize it unless they are killed by a werewolf, if they are lynched they would appear as a normal villager.
Old 06-26-2005, 05:53 PM   #385
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNU7
probably just didn't want to play this game anymore

Sometimes, the simplest option is probably the correct one.
Old 06-26-2005, 05:53 PM   #386
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine
Special roles are also shown after death, it would be too confusing otherwise. Of course the Cursed is a special role where even the person who is cursed doesn't realize it unless they are killed by a werewolf, if they are lynched they would appear as a normal villager.

Ahh. I stand corrected. I could have sworn you said something about not revealing the roles at the end of the first thread.
Old 06-26-2005, 05:55 PM   #387
Peregrine
Pro Starter

There was some discussion about that but I decided to reveal in this game. No-reveal is still an option for future games, though it makes things a lot trickier. There's a lot more of people pretending to be one role or another.
Old 06-26-2005, 06:05 PM   #388
weinstein7
High School JV

I'm just lurking, but here's my theory about Airhog:

He's the sorceror.

He's already identified the seer, so he figures his work is done. If he can put the seer under suspicion, then he'll make the wolves' job that much easier.

Another possibility is that he's the hunter, and wants to make sure he gets a chance to kill somebody.
weinstein7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 06:10 PM   #389
Airhog
Captain Obvious

The possiblities are mind boggling

Old 06-26-2005, 06:13 PM   #390
Airhog
Captain Obvious

I think mustang makes a good case. I have chosen the path to walk down. Who said I wasnt enjoying this? Can you people not fathom that this is just a game and I'm having fun? Or maybe you people arent having any fun

Old 06-26-2005, 06:20 PM   #391
korme
Go Reds

My take: Airhog played the werewolf card to get a better idea on everyone else. The werewolves are like "WTF? Oh well, easy villager kill". I mean if he was a werewolf, the others wouldn't be like "Oooh, good idea! Let's waste one of our few players!"

I think Airhog is not a werewolf, just my 2 cents.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 06:42 PM   #392
KWhit
Coordinator

Airhog:

Why do you think Taz is a WW? What did I miss (or forget)?
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 06:54 PM   #393
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Final lynching will be at 11 pm EST, the night turn players can send me their actions ahead of time if they want to speed things up a bit.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:06 PM   #394
Airhog
Captain Obvious

I think by now, it is indeed obvious that I am not a werewolf. I would have never intentionally tried to get myself lynched if I was, that would be a disservice to the other wolves.

Old 06-26-2005, 07:11 PM   #395
Airhog
Captain Obvious

March me to the gallows fellows, I am ready to die!

Old 06-26-2005, 07:13 PM   #396
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

What is the starting Villager:Wolf ratio? Is there a set one?

I've found this entire Airhog situation quite entertaining . I've formed my opinions, but I'm going to stay out of it.

Old 06-26-2005, 07:17 PM   #397
Airhog
Captain Obvious

We dont know, in a normal game the ratio is 2 wolves. however there could be as many as 4 wolves.

Old 06-26-2005, 07:45 PM   #398
Desnudo
Coordinator

Yes, it's obvious you're enjoying it, since you have the most, and the longest, posts of anyone. But if I'm to change my vote, I need more information on why I should. BTW, good job on figuring out that Shorty isn't a wolf, seeing as how he's dead.

If you're a good guy, then why not come clean? I'm sure the bodyguard or doctor would protect you if that's the case.

Last edited by Desnudo : 06-26-2005 at 07:47 PM.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 07:45 PM   #399
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Just for fun:

I vote Airhog

Next time leave me alone!
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 08:24 PM   #400
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I don't think Airhog is a wolf.
I don't think Airhog is the seer.

Vote Neuqua

Simply because I don't want to go with the flow.

Last edited by Qwikshot : 06-26-2005 at 08:25 PM.