Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-25-2005, 06:47 PM   #351
Vince
Pro Starter

Well, that took longer than I expected to write up. Here's the other thing that I am worried about now...

I had a gut feeling this afternoon about Peregrine. No one seems to be listening to me, but that's ok (well, maybe Raiders Army said something somewhere, not sure). He was one of the three fingered by Qwikshot.

Peregrine's first reaction is to vote immediately for blade. "Piling on" so to speak. The only problem is that any sane person would probably vote for Blade, since he already had 'evidence' against him. However, he then points out that if it isn't blade, it's OBVIOUSLY Neon Chaos. I'm still not convinced on Peregrine's loyalties.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 06:47 PM   #352
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

If you look at VI, there are good examples of things that were done, both real and made up, as justification for voting a particular way.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 06:48 PM   #353
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
I was going to save this until AFTER the 8:00 PM deadline, but it's quite obvious who has the votes.

I'll tell you what it is:

I didn't want people posting FULL UNEDITED PM's of mine into the game. I have been at work and at Physical Therapy for my shoulder all game, so I just got the "3 picks" 2 minutes from when I sent it.

The player DID ask permission to break this info in game. I thought Qwik meant that could he relay the information in game, not post me word for word.

Shit. Trying to figure out how to figure this out.

Ok. Came up with a partial way to solve this.

Yes, that is my words in that PM, one of that three is a Chryssalid.

In return, I now will reveal Qwik's role, as a counter balance to the "mod approval". That way, both sides have been helped significantly.

This is Qwikshot's Role.

Your role is the Jack of All Trades.

Once per night, you may break into the room of any person who has died previously, learning their role, and if they had a special X-Com Role, you have the ability to assume that role. (Note: You may only have one speciality, so if you pick up a role, you lose the Jack of All Trades ability)
Old 07-25-2005, 06:49 PM   #354
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Okay. Then SirFozzie confirms that Qwik is on the level. Proof is in the pudding. I have to:

Unvote kingfc22
Vote Blade

I'm not sure if that was a slip-up, but evidently Qwik is for real.

Just because of a random event though...though I mucked things up a little.

To be honest, if Fozzie hadn't said anything except no posting of PMs, my credibility could still be questionable.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 06:49 PM   #355
Vince
Pro Starter

Well, I wonder who the aliens are going to kill tonight?

Nice role -- excellent work Qwik.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:49 PM   #356
hoopsguy
General Manager

Qwik, congratulations for serving your world. I have a sneaking suspicion that I won't be seeing you tomorrow morning if there isn't a dedicated role who can stick to you like glue.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 06:50 PM   #357
Swaggs
Coordinator

Vote Blade6119
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 06:50 PM   #358
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

oh.. BTW..

Just so I'm PERFECTLY CLEAR..

NO MORE POSTING OF PM's from me. If you paraphrase me, you better change just about every word, because I now HAVE to come down hard on it.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:50 PM   #359
Vince
Pro Starter

I'm going with my gut on this one (and earning some animosity because of it I'm sure). Now, if blade turns out to be the Chryssalid, I guess I'm in trouble...but it happens.

I vote Peregrine.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:51 PM   #360
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
Ok. Came up with a partial way to solve this.

Yes, that is my words in that PM, one of that three is a Chryssalid.

In return, I now will reveal Qwik's role, as a counter balance to the "mod approval". That way, both sides have been helped significantly.

This is Qwikshot's Role.

Your role is the Jack of All Trades.

Once per night, you may break into the room of any person who has died previously, learning their role, and if they had a special X-Com Role, you have the ability to assume that role. (Note: You may only have one speciality, so if you pick up a role, you lose the Jack of All Trades ability)

Aw geez... Well so much for the grunt alibi...but then again, that is fair.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:51 PM   #361
Raiders Army
Coordinator

That's really nice. WTF can't you give me a role like that?

Anyhow, Vince makes a good point. I don't want to bandwagon on Blade, just in case he ends up a good guy.

Unvote Blade
Vote Peregrine

I'm still not convinced of your altruism. You play this game like a rookie, yet you had the insights into several other games. I also won't be a party to someone (who I just insulted his intelligence tonight) getting the axe.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 06:51 PM   #362
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I hope there is a guard in this game...
Old 07-25-2005, 06:52 PM   #363
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Current voting sequence:
Hoops vote Blade (1)
RA vote kingfc22 (1)
Hoops unvote Blade (0)
CW vote kingfc22 (2)
Peregrine vote fouts (1)
Vince vote Peregrine (1)
Hoops vote Blade (1)
Swaggs vote Hoops (1)
Vince unvote Peregrine (0)
Peregrine unvote Fouts (0), vote Swaggs (1)
Vince vote Swaggs (2)
Neon vote Swaggs (3)
Fouts vote Blade (2)
Digamma vote Neon (1), unvote Neon (0), vote Blade (3)
Jeebs unvote Swaggs (2)
Qwik vote Blade (4)
Peregrine unvote Swaggs (1), vote Blade (5)
Vince unvote Swaggs (0)
Swaggs unvote Hoops (0)
Jeebs vote Blade (6)
RA unvote kingfc22 (1), vote Blade (7)

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 07-25-2005, 06:52 PM   #364
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Vince, you were already on my suspicious list that I posted before, and you're just growing on it. You'd love me to be lynched, I'm sure. But who is more believable at this point, the suspicious Blade, the mostly absent Neon_Chaos, or me? I've been trying to stir things up and feel out who the real villains are. I believe Swaggs for the most part, but the important thing is that accusations can be useful. It makes people defend their actions and that's always a good thing, you can't let people skate by and not be questioned, like oh I don't know, the remarkably under the radar JeeberD?
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 06:52 PM   #365
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
Aw geez... Well so much for the grunt alibi...but then again, that is fair.

I was trying to figure that out -- your claim to be a grunt had me wondering about you, since I had no option to break into people's rooms in my description I was halfway through a PM to Fozzie asking to break into someone's room tonight, when I realized that something had to be up.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:52 PM   #366
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
I'm still not convinced of your altruism. You play this game like a rookie, yet you had the insights into several other games. I also won't be a party to someone (who I just insulted his intelligence tonight) getting the axe.
Oh, I'm talking about Peregrine here, not Qwik.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:53 PM   #367
hoopsguy
General Manager

Vince, if Blade isn't our alien then I suspect you will have some company in the voting tomorrow.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 06:55 PM   #368
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Vince, if Blade isn't our alien then I suspect you will have some company in the voting tomorrow.
Why so? You feel safe now that Blade's head is on the chopping block? I'm not defending him (although I voted with him tonight), but I would like people to open their minds a little...

This still makes me wonder about kingfc22. I am considering changing my vote back to him...
Old 07-25-2005, 06:55 PM   #369
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Where is Blade? You'd think he'd say something?
Old 07-25-2005, 06:55 PM   #370
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine
Vince, you were already on my suspicious list that I posted before, and you're just growing on it. You'd love me to be lynched, I'm sure. But who is more believable at this point, the suspicious Blade, the mostly absent Neon_Chaos, or me? I've been trying to stir things up and feel out who the real villains are. I believe Swaggs for the most part, but the important thing is that accusations can be useful. It makes people defend their actions and that's always a good thing, you can't let people skate by and not be questioned, like oh I don't know, the remarkably under the radar JeeberD?

That's the thing. I'm not entirely convinced that I'd love to have you lynched. And I know that I'm growing on your suspicious list. Thankfully, not one other person has even commented on your two (now three) mentions of 'Vince' and 'suspicious' in the same statement. Sadly, I don't think that'll be possible after tonight.

You're right -- people need to make accusations. I just don't know how to interpret them yet. What I do know is that if I was a bad guy this time around, and I was able to convert people, that you would be #1 on my list of people to convert. Now, I think we would be much better served hitting the Chryssalid this time around rather than someone converted -- but if we hit a non-Chryssalid in the group of three tonight, we KNOW that one of the other two is a Chryssalid. At least I think we do...
Old 07-25-2005, 06:56 PM   #371
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Add to my list,
Swaggs vote Blade (8)
Vince vote Peregrine (1)
RA unvote Blade (7), vote Peregrine (2)

Jeebs voted for Blade (kicking off a mini-bandwagon) at a point when the now-known-Grunt Schmidty was in the lead in the voting.

Old 07-25-2005, 06:57 PM   #372
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Ok, I'm going to start tabulating votes now. Please don't make me any more mental gymnastics in the mean time. This could take a while..

*sighs*
Old 07-25-2005, 06:57 PM   #373
Peregrine
Pro Starter

The Chrysalid definitely has to be the prime target. What I'm really worried about is Sirfozzie's earlier statements that made me think we won't KNOW if we killed the Chrysalid or not. Say there are 2 aliens out of the 3, if we see one less ectoplasmic source tomorrow the Chrysalid could still be out there converting people.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:58 PM   #374
kingfc22
Head Coach

doh, just got home because someone called in sick....

Vote Blade
Old 07-25-2005, 06:58 PM   #375
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

At this point, with the blowing up of Blade seemingly fait accompli, I'm going to withhold my vote. I don't have any insight into any other people (aside from the suspicious troika identified by Qwikshot, who incidentally will not be off the hook if Blade is a Chrysalid as we have no guarantee that Qwik didn't get two by chance), I gain nothing by piling on Blade, and I gain nothing but additional suspicion if I vote for someone else and Blade is a Chrysalid.

Old 07-25-2005, 06:59 PM   #376
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Dola, I was composing that while SF said he was starting to count the vote. :o

Old 07-25-2005, 07:00 PM   #377
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
The Chrysalid definitely has to be the prime target. What I'm really worried about is Sirfozzie's earlier statements that made me think we won't KNOW if we killed the Chrysalid or not. Say there are 2 aliens out of the 3, if we see one less ectoplasmic source tomorrow the Chrysalid could still be out there converting people.
Stop trying to second guess! Now I'm glad I voted for you! If there are 2 aliens out of the 3, then we have a 66% chance, and you're not even on the chopping block. That's good, I'd say. If there are 3 out of 3 aliens (that means you), then we have a 100% chance of getting a hit tonight. How is this bad?

Also, say we don't hit the Chysalid. At least we know who the two other suspects are.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:00 PM   #378
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy

What I'm afraid of is that he IS the alien, and then I'm thrown up on the suspicious list because of my big mouth and me thinking out loud.

What I'm thinking is that one of the major joys of X-Com (for me) was that you'd start playing, and you'd be killing all of these Sectoids. All of a sudden, you come upon a terror mission or spacecraft, and start fighting these guys that looked nothing like Sectoids, and could fly! Or these nasty looking black things that couldn't fire at you, but could convert your soldiers into badguys (the Chryssalids)! I don't think an X-Com Werewolf game would be very good without multiple types of aliens. Because of that, I don't think we have more than one Chryssalid.

I think that a Chryssalid who could convert one of us every night would unbalance the game, so I'm thinking he either had one shot at it, or can only do it every other night or so. However, I'm pretty sure we'll have at least one less good guy after the night is over (not including a potential lynch of a good guy).

I have no idea what the point of this post is -- probably just nerves. I want to keep talking
Old 07-25-2005, 07:01 PM   #379
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

By my count, we should have seven or eight for Blade, one for kingfc22, and two for Peregrine.

Old 07-25-2005, 07:02 PM   #380
Vince
Pro Starter

Well, not "very good..." I don't think it would be very true to X-Com if there weren't more than one alien species.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:03 PM   #381
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'm going back to my room. I'll be looking at pix of the last time I was in Teri Hatcher's van, so I'll see you guys in the morning. I'm not leaving my room and the room is locked, so don't come a'knockin you Chryssalid!
Old 07-25-2005, 07:09 PM   #382
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Gonna be a bit longer. A couple PM'd me questions (what part of DO NOT make me do mental gymnastics did ya not understand, people ) and I'm tabulating the vote/unvote/revote (some without unvotes)
Old 07-25-2005, 07:13 PM   #383
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Stop trying to second guess! Now I'm glad I voted for you! If there are 2 aliens out of the 3, then we have a 66% chance, and you're not even on the chopping block. That's good, I'd say. If there are 3 out of 3 aliens (that means you), then we have a 100% chance of getting a hit tonight. How is this bad?

Good one RA, way to twist my words to make ME sound suspicious, when you're the very suspicious one. Of course it's good if we get the alien, or 2 or 3. My point is that getting the chrysalid first is key, but we may not know if we do. Even if we do eventually get the Chrysalis, the aliens want to make us lynch as many innocents out of the 3 as possible. They know I'm innocent, so nice way to set me up for a lynch tomorrow...
Old 07-25-2005, 07:15 PM   #384
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Good one RA, way to twist my words to make ME sound suspicious, when you're the very suspicious one. Of course it's good if we get the alien, or 2 or 3. My point is that getting the chrysalid first is key, but we may not know if we do. Even if we do eventually get the Chrysalis, the aliens want to make us lynch as many innocents out of the 3 as possible. They know I'm innocent, so nice way to set me up for a lynch tomorrow...

If anyone is a target, it's me.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:15 PM   #385
kingfc22
Head Coach

still reading through thread...trying to catch up....I said I was the pilot because I was role playing from the original X-Com dynasty.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:17 PM   #386
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
still reading through thread...trying to catch up....I said I was the pilot because I was role playing from the original X-Com dynasty.

I figured that.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:17 PM   #387
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Qwik, they'll probably kill you tonight, or possibly convert you if we aren't successful today. I'm just pointing out that we're 2 missed lynches away from being even with the aliens, assuming they kill someone the next two nights.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:19 PM   #388
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

hoopsguy: Blade6119
Raiders Army: Peregrine
Coffee Warlord: Blade6119
Peregrine: Blade
Vince: Peregrine
Swaggs:Blade6119
Neon_Chaos: Swaggs
Fouts: Blade6119
JeeberD: Blade6119
digamma: Blade6119
Qwikshot: Blade6119
KingFC22: Blade6119

With the relevation of Qwikshot's information from his pocket recorder, voting quickly turns ugly against Blade6119, who glares at the computer. "Damn thing is off, I could prove my innocence if it was on.."

But then he focuses a glare on all of you and waves of pure hatred seem to radiate from his body. He raises his chin, and says.. "Computer.. do your worst. I'm not afriad to die.. you all are afraid to Live! Live like we were going to!"

The Sonic Cannon pops out of the recessed ceiling, and fires. He has time for one last laugh and then gets blown into the wall, trailing black ichor everywhere he goes. He raises his head, spits black blood, and dies.

Before your eyes, his body quickly dissolves, until there's nothing left but black ichor, bubbling away. That's never happened before........

Ranks of the Dead:

Schmidty (Blasted by All: Day 1)
Blade6119 (Blasted by All: day 2)
Old 07-25-2005, 07:20 PM   #389
JeeberD
General Manager

Sweetness!

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 07:20 PM   #390
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

WOOHOO!!!
Old 07-25-2005, 07:21 PM   #391
Vince
Pro Starter

So that's good, right? I don't know many people with Black Ichor running through their veins.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:21 PM   #392
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Excellent!

Old 07-25-2005, 07:22 PM   #393
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Nice work, one down.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:22 PM   #394
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Dola, I gather from the previous discussion about X-Com that black ichor suggests that Blade was a Chrysalid.

Old 07-25-2005, 07:26 PM   #395
Vince
Pro Starter

Yeah, that would indicate that he was either a Chryssalid or a Chryssalid zombie.

In the game, if a Chryssalid attacked one of your men enough, he'd turn into a walking zombie...but that zombie was actually just a host, and after a few turns it would turn INTO a Chryssalid.

Blade's statement "You all are afraid to live..." makes me wonder if he wasn't the converted zombie, though? And if a converted zombie would register as a Chryssalid to the 'look' that Qwik got? If Blade had been converted, then we might not even have the original Chryssalid in that group of three. If Blade WAS the original Chryssalid, we're still completely and totally unsure of whether or not either of the other two (Peregrine or Neon Chaos) are cleared now.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:33 PM   #396
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
You've heard that scream once before.. in Buenos Aires, on a terror mission. That's the sound of someone being turned into a Chryssalid-Zombie!

You have a chance to identify the Chryssalid player.

(I will not tell you which one of the three is the Chryssalid, I just will tell you that one of the three IS or IS NOT the Chryssalid)

The way I take this is that Qwik would learn of the converted player. I think that the original 4 are still around. If this ability allowed Quik to look for ANY alien (not sure if all aliens are Chyrssalids or not) the odds would be much better that he would "hit" and would nearly ensure an alien death..
Old 07-25-2005, 07:33 PM   #397
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

If you hadn't figured it out, we are in Night 2. All actions to me before 7 AM.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:34 PM   #398
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
The way I take this is that Qwik would learn of the converted player. I think that the original 4 are still around. If this ability allowed Quik to look for ANY alien (not sure if all aliens are Chyrssalids or not) the odds would be much better that he would "hit" and would nearly ensure an alien death..

Correction, I can't tell what the aliens are...I can only tell what special role dead comrades were and if it's a good one, convert to it.

But I'll be dead by tomorrow but I'll try to take a few with me. {sharpens his blade}
Old 07-25-2005, 07:59 PM   #399
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Wow. Take long trek to work and all this unfolds while you're away. And to think that I almost got killed! However, good job guys, we seem to have bagged ourselves an alien!

I think it's pretty obvous that Blade was an alien... I have to rethink everything I've thought about and hypothesized... Jeez.
Old 07-25-2005, 08:02 PM   #400
Fouts
College Starter

One for two so far. Not bad, lets keep this up. Who's next Qwik?
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote