Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-03-2005, 09:57 AM   #151
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman=#54
dola

Kevin and Henry say they are masons.

There is no way to prove or disprove them, but I believe them.
I believe them as well. Kevin posted about the brothers bit before it had been mentioned by anyone else, and that was something that Neon_Chaos left out of the original description.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 09:58 AM   #152
Superman=#54
High School Varsity

Hopefully the two mafia famillies will continue to off each other. There should be 3 kills tonight if no one targets the same person. Since the madman can't do the same thing two nights in the row.
Superman=#54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 10:01 AM   #153
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

It was never clear, though, whether the serial killer also had the option of no action.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 08-03-2005, 10:20 AM   #154
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday
It was never clear, though, whether the serial killer also had the option of no action.

It seems pretty obvious to me that the serial killer did not strike last night.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:22 AM   #155
MrBug708
Head Coach

I'd have to agree that the serial killer did not make a move last night. Unless the serial killer is also a mafia member
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 10:23 AM   #156
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296
It seems pretty obvious to me that the serial killer did not strike last night.

All that means is that he might have protected himself from being killed last night. If he can only do those 2 actions and can't repeat them, he will presumably kill tonight.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 10:27 AM   #157
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Attention:
Schmidty missed the vote last night. I'll need an alternate if Schmidty doesn't vote tonight.

Let the paranoia continue.

Last edited by Neon_Chaos : 08-03-2005 at 10:45 AM.
Neon_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 10:39 AM   #158
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
All that means is that he might have protected himself from being killed last night. If he can only do those 2 actions and can't repeat them, he will presumably kill tonight.

Well, only the serial killer would know that he was protected and the serial killer cannot do the same action twice so he'd be safe tonight, but a deadman the next night, except that the protected person would also know he'd be a deadman the second night.

Provided he doesn't get tossed in the well first or whacked by the mafia
Old 08-03-2005, 11:22 AM   #159
Blade6119
Coordinator

ok, heres some views....madman didnt kill, im pretty sure he protected himself first night from the near random kills last night..

There are three villagers left(not counting cops)...we all know im one, so there are two others...keving and henry both claim to be brothers(much as sun dvls and dubb are now discovered to be). If thats true, we have quite a few people who claimed to be villagers that are lying. If the 2 are lying(i tend to believe them sincenthey were the first ones to mention the role, and it wast in the rules), we kill them. Id say we go after someone else.

FYI, heres the list of people left:

Participants:

1. ardent enthusiast(hmmmmmmmm, i want to say good guy, but that could be my missouri in me talking)
2. henry296(Villager?? I tend to believe them)
3. KevinNU(Villager?? I tend to believe them)
4. KWhit - DeLena Grunt, (Killed by Santadio Mafia Night 1)
5. Eaglesfan27(gah, no idea either way...numbers say he is prob bad but hell if i know)
6. Mr. Wednesday(i tend to think hes good, but i generally always trust him...so ignore me here...he just always seems to sound good)
7. Superman=#54(im torn here...hes made some things gtat make me think hes a cop, but he made commnets about schmidty's suitors dropping like flies which looks like diversion...i have no idea where hes at)
8. Schmidty(i highly doubt hes bad, but again thats just me...seems like attention is thrown on to him and i early and never really supported with facts...)
9. Qwikshot(one of my leading canidates tobe a mafia...something just doesnt feel right there)
10. MrBug708(im not sure bug knows whats going on, as a lot of his comments seem wishy-washy...but maybe hes playing dumb...either way i dont know what to think about him yet)
11. dubb93 - Villager, one of two Brothers (Lynched Day 1)
12. kingfc22(im leaning towards him being good, but ya...leaning doesnt mean much)
13. SnDvls - Villager, one of the two Brothers (Killed by DeLena Mafia Night 1)
14. GeorgeWBush (Man has this guy florwn under the radar...night internet or not he hasnt done much...and odd how when someone finally called him out he responded in less the 15 minutes....odd)
15. Blade6119(lol, supsect me if you will....you bastards and your anti-blade sentiments)
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 11:24 AM   #160
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
ok, heres some views....madman didnt kill, im pretty sure he protected himself first night from the near random kills last night..

There are three villagers left(not counting cops)...we all know im one, so there are two others...keving and henry both claim to be brothers(much as sun dvls and dubb are now discovered to be). If thats true, we have quite a few people who claimed to be villagers that are lying. If the 2 are lying(i tend to believe them sincenthey were the first ones to mention the role, and it wast in the rules), we kill them. Id say we go after someone else.

FYI, heres the list of people left:

Participants:

1. ardent enthusiast(hmmmmmmmm, i want to say good guy, but that could be my missouri in me talking)
2. henry296(Villager?? I tend to believe them)
3. KevinNU(Villager?? I tend to believe them)
4. KWhit - DeLena Grunt, (Killed by Santadio Mafia Night 1)
5. Eaglesfan27(gah, no idea either way...numbers say he is prob bad but hell if i know)
6. Mr. Wednesday(i tend to think hes good, but i generally always trust him...so ignore me here...he just always seems to sound good)
7. Superman=#54(im torn here...hes made some things gtat make me think hes a cop, but he made commnets about schmidty's suitors dropping like flies which looks like diversion...i have no idea where hes at)
8. Schmidty(i highly doubt hes bad, but again thats just me...seems like attention is thrown on to him and i early and never really supported with facts...)
9. Qwikshot(one of my leading canidates tobe a mafia...something just doesnt feel right there)
10. MrBug708(im not sure bug knows whats going on, as a lot of his comments seem wishy-washy...but maybe hes playing dumb...either way i dont know what to think about him yet)
11. dubb93 - Villager, one of two Brothers (Lynched Day 1)
12. kingfc22(im leaning towards him being good, but ya...leaning doesnt mean much)
13. SnDvls - Villager, one of the two Brothers (Killed by DeLena Mafia Night 1)
14. GeorgeWBush (Man has this guy florwn under the radar...night internet or not he hasnt done much...and odd how when someone finally called him out he responded in less the 15 minutes....odd)
15. Blade6119(lol, supsect me if you will....you bastards and your anti-blade sentiments)
I'll respond later, heading out the door to work.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:36 AM   #161
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

About the only thing Qwikshot's done so far is issue a blanket denial when I cast a highly non-scientific vote for him on Day 1.

kingfc22's an interesting case, because he voted for KWhit in Day 1 and then KWhit was killed overnight (and revealed to be mafia)... were the Santadio's trying to set him up?

So far, I'm not sure we have so much to go on... especially if Schmidty's one of the good guys, then there wouldn't even be any incentives for the mafia to do anything noteworthy with their votes.

Last edited by Mr. Wednesday : 08-03-2005 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Restore a couple of words I accidentally knocked out while editing a sentence
Old 08-03-2005, 11:39 AM   #162
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Dola, also, you would have to wonder whether kingfc22 is one of the investigators (for DeLena himself, or possibly one of the other two acting on information from the DeLena investigator to avoid the DeLena investigator calling attention to himself). Having said that, I have no idea what the best way is for the police to try to act on any information they get without tipping everyone off while they're at it.

Old 08-03-2005, 11:40 AM   #163
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman=#54
Scmidty seems to be a suspect because the people who voted for him are dropping like flies

I would be a COMPLETE moron to kill off people that voted for me on the first night if I were a mobster, as that would put a huge target over my head. Maybe someone is doing just that to peg me.

I'm going to investigate the thread further, and come back later with my vote and analysis. We need to be very, very careful from now on, as we can't afford to lose any more villagers or police. That is especially true for the officer.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:55 AM   #164
KevinNU7
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
There's always the possiblity that the madman on night 1 told the mod he wanted to do nothing but sleep. This would mean on night 2 he would still have the option to attack or defend
Old 08-03-2005, 12:27 PM   #165
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Right now, there are more bad guys than good guys. It's just that they're not all on the same side.

We need to take advantage of that.

Old 08-03-2005, 12:28 PM   #166
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Er, not quite right. It's an even balance, assuming you count the madman as a bad guy.

Old 08-03-2005, 12:59 PM   #167
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
kingfc22's an interesting case, because he voted for KWhit in Day 1 and then KWhit was killed overnight (and revealed to be mafia)... were the Santadio's trying to set him up?

This would be a terrible play on my part and someone is obviously trying to set me up. I was the only person to vote for KWhit and I thought I made it clear that it was a random vote.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:02 PM   #168
KevinNU7
College Starter

Quote:
Er, not quite right. It's an even balance, assuming you count the madman as a bad guy.
I don't, I just look at him as a villager who can kill. He gets nothing out of the mobsters winning. He needs to survive, and therefore needs the villagers to win. His only objective should be to kill all the mobsters.

IMO his role would better be described a "Vigilante" rather then a madman.

If you want him to be a madman maybe you'd change his Victory Condition to: Will win if you survive, if the mobsters get a 1:1 ratio you will be able to run away and avoid certain death. This condition would atleast motivate the madman to win on both sides
Old 08-03-2005, 01:04 PM   #169
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

He does win if the mafia win.

Old 08-03-2005, 01:06 PM   #170
KevinNU7
College Starter

Quote:
He does win if the mafia win.
Oh crap! That must have happened in one of Neon's edits. Hmmmm, maybe I shouldn't have outted myself.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:07 PM   #171
kingfc22
Head Coach

So the question is: Is the madman going to play a good guy or a bad guy? I'm sure we'll find out after tonight.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:08 PM   #172
MrBug708
Head Coach

Blade, that hurts...

I think Kingfc's vote was probably random and maybe he was set up, but probably just bad luck on his part.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:09 PM   #173
KevinNU7
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
So the question is: Is the madman going to play a good guy or a bad guy? I'm sure we'll find out after tonight.
In that role I probably would have abstained on night 1, then defended on Night 2, then on night 3 I'd work out the odds and go from there
Old 08-03-2005, 01:16 PM   #174
KevinNU7
College Starter

Ok I'm going to break the ice and cast a vote. My internet has been down at home and I'm probably going to leave work at 4...

Right now I'm voting for Mr.Bug he has been quick to defend kingfc22 and personally I don't think either at policemen, and since we know who all the villagers are...

I vote Mr.Bug
Old 08-03-2005, 01:59 PM   #175
MrBug708
Head Coach

*shrugs*

I just happened to be online at the time and he brings up somthing to think. It would be crazy to kill the person who voted for you.

I should have changed my vote to Schmidty early on for not voting before and now we have this mess.

Vote - Schmidty

Sorry bud, but you've been silent throughout this for the most part and since we've already established who the villagers are, I'm guessing that you are either the killer or a grunt for one of the two mafia parties
Old 08-03-2005, 01:59 PM   #176
MrBug708
Head Coach

Of course, now that I think of it, couldn't the serial killer have a brother?
Old 08-03-2005, 02:07 PM   #177
henry296
College Starter

I've been thinking about Mr. Wednesday and Superman - Either the are the Mafia Investigators or Police Officers. They are the only 2 that have publicly supported that Kevin and I are villagers. I know that twice someone has been looking in my room and if it was Mr. W or Superman then they would be able to have proof. The question is did they search my room as good guys or bad guys.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:07 PM   #178
Blade6119
Coordinator

Vote George W Bush

If you need my reasoning, go look at my big post...all too silent(even more so then schmidty), and despite claims of not being active till night i saw nothing at ngiht besides conveniently repsonding like 10 minutes after someone calling him out...seems all to convenient...

Off to work, maybe i wont get voted again, but i dont know since everyone seems to hate me
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:08 PM   #179
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708
Of course, now that I think of it, couldn't the serial killer have a brother?

its possible, by im 99.9% sure thats not the case...it would destroy the point of him being able to win with either side...yet another odd comment by bug..no offense buddy, but you keep coming up on my radar
Demotivation
Old 08-03-2005, 02:12 PM   #180
MrBug708
Head Coach

Just thinking outloud blade.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:16 PM   #181
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Just thinking outloud blade.

Be careful thinking out loud. It got me killed in another WW game when I was a lowly villager.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:26 PM   #182
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
*shrugs*

I just happened to be online at the time and he brings up somthing to think. It would be crazy to kill the person who voted for you.

I should have changed my vote to Schmidty early on for not voting before and now we have this mess.

Vote - Schmidty

Sorry bud, but you've been silent throughout this for the most part and since we've already established who the villagers are, I'm guessing that you are either the killer or a grunt for one of the two mafia parties

WRONG!
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 02:27 PM   #183
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I think Ardent is bad news...
Old 08-03-2005, 02:32 PM   #184
Blade6119
Coordinator

HAVE ANY SUPPORT??? Or are you just randomly accusing ardent and defending schmidty??
Demotivation
Old 08-03-2005, 02:34 PM   #185
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Ugh, I getting swamped at work. I should have my vote in later today, but right now any news or analysis I can provide will have to be on hold.

Bleh, stupid job.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:35 PM   #186
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I find this "out loud" thinking quite fascinating today.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:39 PM   #187
MrBug708
Head Coach

You're just nervous because UCLA will win the NC today..
Old 08-03-2005, 02:39 PM   #188
MrBug708
Head Coach

Errr

You're just nervous today because UCLA will be winning the NC in football
Old 08-03-2005, 02:48 PM   #189
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Errr

You're just nervous today because UCLA will be winning the NC in football

Your first post had me thinking. I'm like WTF? What National Title is being played today?

I'm certainly not worried about UCLA winning any football NC any time soon

As far as all of the outloud thinking comment. That wasn't specifically directed at you, but was more of a general statement. I'd love to hear some good analysis from people or even a bit more about their intuition
Old 08-03-2005, 02:54 PM   #190
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
HAVE ANY SUPPORT??? Or are you just randomly accusing ardent and defending schmidty??

Least I didn't kill any innocents.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:33 PM   #191
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

That's a low blow, I'd guess anybody who's played more than one of these games has at least one vote that they've regretted. Heck, I'm not happy with how my first vote has worked out in any of the three games I've played. In the first one, I started a bandwagon on a simple bandit (and wound up with a situation where people were choosing between two). In the second, I cast the deciding vote for an X-Com over an alien. In this one, I failed to change my vote and as a result, Blade was outed and used his skill to kill a villager.

Old 08-03-2005, 03:52 PM   #192
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

At risk of drawing attention to myself, I'll see if I can get something rolling here. I'll go along with Blade and vote George W Bush.

Old 08-03-2005, 04:01 PM   #193
kingfc22
Head Coach

Vote MrBug

1) he's comments have me scratching my head and
2) he's a Dodger's fan
Old 08-03-2005, 04:03 PM   #194
MrBug708
Head Coach

If I somehow live, I'm killing Kingfc in the next werewolf

Last edited by MrBug708 : 08-03-2005 at 04:10 PM.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:11 PM   #195
MrBug708
Head Coach

I can't spell...
Old 08-03-2005, 04:24 PM   #196
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Vote MrBug
Old 08-03-2005, 04:31 PM   #197
MrBug708
Head Coach

Y tu Brute?
Old 08-03-2005, 04:38 PM   #198
henry296
College Starter

Quick vote tally:

GWB - 2
Bug - 3
Schmidty -1
Old 08-03-2005, 04:41 PM   #199
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm not sure. I believe Henry is a good guy. There are many other things I'm unsure about at this point that will hopefully become clear soon.

I vote George W Bush.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:57 PM   #200
MrBug708
Head Coach

I got to get going to school for a midterm. About the only shot I have in being able to help anyone is to change my vote so that's what I'm going to do. Sorry Mr. President.....

unvote - Schmidty
vote - GWB