Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-05-2005, 09:25 AM   #101
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Um, OK.

I have no idea what Blade could be going on about, since I'm a regular noble (no special powers or anything). I really have no desire to turn this into me vs. him, though.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 09:34 AM   #102
st.cronin
General Manager

My message was confusing but I interpret it thusly:

VOTE ARDENT ENTHUSIAST EXECUTE

This does not mean I have changed my mind about jail vs. lynching: I am just going by what my faction leader has suggested.
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 09:57 AM   #103
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
VOTE MR. WEDNESDAY EXECUTE

Let the game begin
Wow. That was the quickest lynch vote ever.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 10:01 AM   #104
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Wow. That was the quickest lynch vote ever.

I do what i can...and overlooking the rules again i might be quite wrong with that vote. Ill be around for a few hours and might change it. But i have a circle of trust including me and two others right now, so its early but ive got a base to go forward with.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 10:11 AM   #105
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

So...in the span of a couple hours, we have two different people claiming two different people are pretty safe bets as wolves?

Eesh.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 10:11 AM   #106
Blade6119
Coordinator

Note, i never said a thing about wolves, and neither did cronin
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:12 AM   #107
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I'm sowwy, but I don't see what the problem is. I mean, we want to get points, right? And if Blade is right with his first vote, he'll get more points. I figured the votes would start early.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 10:18 AM   #108
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Note, i never said a thing about wolves, and neither did cronin

So I take it you (and/or both of you), assuming you've got a good bead on who's who, are going after opposing nobles and not assassins first.

I dare say that's going to get us all killed damn quick.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:20 AM   #109
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
So I take it you (and/or both of you), assuming you've got a good bead on who's who, are going after opposing nobles and not assassins first.

Not at all, i have a bead on 2 people right now as not in my faction. In a fairly open first day vote, the odds are better with one of them then a random vote. I stated my vote is open to change, and ill be watching closely where my 2 trusted souls go, but for now ill play the odds game that they could be an assasin

Killing an opposing noble loses points for my faction...i said that comment to make sure no one took my comment to say i knew he was a wolf
Demotivation
Old 12-05-2005, 10:22 AM   #110
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

I'm just going by what was in my message. I don't think I should really say more, but I'm definitely not just going after opposing nobles.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:25 AM   #111
saldana
Pro Starter

damn blade that was quick, but stuff like that is why i love playing WW games, stir it up early.

just dropping my 2 cents in the jail/noose conversation, i think we need to start with a kill in order to get some info, and then use the jail later for people that we either are sure are good in order to protect them, or are very questionable as a means to determine one way or another...right now there are way to many people in the game for the latter to be use effectively.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 10:28 AM   #112
Blade6119
Coordinator

And i will state this quite vocally so as to help in later days if controversy comes up. I have no idea what message cronin got, as i got one with no mention of ardent, and wasnt confusing at all. As far as i can tell, hes now the third person im quite sure isnt in my faction. Use this post for analyzing voting patterns relating to us later in game or tomorrow even
Demotivation
Old 12-05-2005, 10:29 AM   #113
saldana
Pro Starter

hoops, i like your analysis of the game odds from last night in post 78, but i just wanted to ask you, are you guessing at there being 3 factions...i am just wondering if i missed something from barkeep about the number of teams...i assumed it was 2 noble factions and the WW's
Old 12-05-2005, 10:31 AM   #114
saldana
Pro Starter

dola, never mind hoops, went back and read post 2.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:34 AM   #115
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
hoops, i like your analysis of the game odds from last night in post 78, but i just wanted to ask you, are you guessing at there being 3 factions...i am just wondering if i missed something from barkeep about the number of teams...i assumed it was 2 noble factions and the WW's

I still think it is two...post two said two or more if we had too many players...id assume we have(with 18 players) two factions of 7 and 4 wolves...
Demotivation
Old 12-05-2005, 10:53 AM   #116
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
I still think it is two...post two said two or more if we had too many players...id assume we have(with 18 players) two factions of 7 and 4 wolves...
i think i am gonna wait until more votes are in before i personally make that decision, right now i am inclined to think there are 3 factions of 5 and 3 wolves
Old 12-05-2005, 11:11 AM   #117
hoopsguy
General Manager

I don't know what the number of factions are, just figured that this would be an interesting Day 0 topic of conversation.

I'm hoping there are not four wolves from the get-go, with them having the power to convert one from each faction. That would seem pretty unbalanced to me, although I'm sure Barkeep has spent more time pondering balance issues for his game than I have. My gut is that there are three factions, but I have no firsthand knowledge to help with these conclusions.

As far as the early voting patterns, I'm pretty sure that Cronin is not in my faction as I don't have an order like that to follow. It seems like a weird order for a faction leader to issue. On the one hand, it helps him determine who his people are - good to establish circles of trust in WW games. But based on the way that Cronin has revealed the message, it seems easy enough for the assassins to bandwagon on the vote against Ardent. Then they target the people who didn't vote for Ardent going forward, since they want that one faction to stay alive in order to help hide their numbers.

I'm not a faction leader. Even if I was I obviously would not hold sway over people in another faction. But this just doesn't strike me as a winning play without very solid information that AE is a bad guy.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 11:17 AM   #118
st.cronin
General Manager

Clarification:

I was *not* ordered to vote for anybody. My message was not as confusing as I at first thought; there were merely some reading comprehension issues that I blame on lack of adequate caffeine.

That said, my vote still stands, as it does fit in with the message I got.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:17 PM   #119
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Got real quiet all of a sudden.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:24 PM   #120
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I'm not sure about the jail. I mean, I'm worried about jailbreaks, but I'm a softie, and I don't want to kick people out of a WW game so soon!
Old 12-05-2005, 01:24 PM   #121
hoopsguy
General Manager

A question that has me a little curious - I'm wondering how Blade has begun to start forming his group of trust at this early stage in the game. I'm not necessarily expecting him to reveal it, as the multiple factions aspect of this game makes it more challenging to decide what to share/withhold since you are not just playing against the wolves. I guess I'm just jealous that someone seems to have a fairly high level of certainty at a point in the game where that is not the norm.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:25 PM   #122
hoopsguy
General Manager

Dola - post #95 is Barkeep telling us that Night 0 is up. Post #96, five minutes later, is Blade firing the execute vote.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:29 PM   #123
Schmidty
Coordinator

I am so confused by the message I got.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:29 PM   #124
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
A question that has me a little curious - I'm wondering how Blade has begun to start forming his group of trust at this early stage in the game. I'm not necessarily expecting him to reveal it, as the multiple factions aspect of this game makes it more challenging to decide what to share/withhold since you are not just playing against the wolves. I guess I'm just jealous that someone seems to have a fairly high level of certainty at a point in the game where that is not the norm.

I don't get it either. I *may* yet change my vote to execute Blade.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:31 PM   #125
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
But i have a circle of trust including me and two others right now, so its early but ive got a base to go forward with.

I've got a circle of trust including me and my leader. So I guess that leaves me one behind Blade in terms of trust right about now ...

In terms of votes, do we only have the two on the books right now? I haven't heard anything indicating strong evidence on either of the two parties - just an accussation that appears to be based on the fact that they would rather execute someone not in their faction.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:35 PM   #126
st.cronin
General Manager

I know who my faction leader is, and that's it. My vote was purely based on my pm.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:41 PM   #127
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Really at a loss at this point. Historically, the ones who come out firing early are not wolves. Further historically, the ones who get targeted early are...not wolves (vast majority of the time, at least).
Old 12-05-2005, 01:45 PM   #128
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
My message was confusing but I interpret it thusly:

VOTE ARDENT ENTHUSIAST EXECUTE

This does not mean I have changed my mind about jail vs. lynching: I am just going by what my faction leader has suggested.

So that would make your faction leader Mr. Wednesday?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 01:48 PM   #129
McSweeny
College Starter

i haven't played much werewolf (2 or 3 games), but this is by far the most interesting day 1 i've been a part of. Two sure-fire votes for coming so quickly has thrown me for a bit of a loop. I'm really curious to see how this shakes out
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 01:48 PM   #130
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
So that would make your faction leader Mr. Wednesday?

huh?

No, but I don't even understand how you got that. I'm the only one who has publicly suggested executing ardent.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:53 PM   #131
st.cronin
General Manager

dola

My vote was based on the message I got from my faction leader ... not from anything posted in the forum. I don't believe he's even posted in the forum since I got the pm.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:54 PM   #132
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
I've got a circle of trust including me and my leader. So I guess that leaves me one behind Blade in terms of trust right about now ...

In terms of votes, do we only have the two on the books right now? I haven't heard anything indicating strong evidence on either of the two parties - just an accussation that appears to be based on the fact that they would rather execute someone not in their faction.

One is the leader of my faction, another is not him, and i cant elaborate on that now, and i have a suspect for a third to trust if they keep saying the right things. As for the wednesday vote, hoops hit it right on...though i could have posted that vote before the night 0 end was posted..i knew i was voting for him before that, so sorry i even waited 5 minutes...i have something on him, though it maybe be entirely wrong so you prob. shouldnt follow me in this. I might ask barkeep for a rule clarification via PM, but until that point my vote stands for him.
Demotivation
Old 12-05-2005, 01:55 PM   #133
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
huh?

No, but I don't even understand how you got that. I'm the only one who has publicly suggested executing ardent.
Ardent and Wednesday are friendly rivals in WW games...sry, fofc inside stuff you didnt know...it was a joke
Demotivation
Old 12-05-2005, 02:00 PM   #134
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Ardent and Wednesday are friendly rivals in WW games...sry, fofc inside stuff you didnt know...it was a joke

ah so
Old 12-05-2005, 02:02 PM   #135
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
One is the leader of my faction, another is not him, and i cant elaborate on that now, and i have a suspect for a third to trust if they keep saying the right things. As for the wednesday vote, hoops hit it right on...though i could have posted that vote before the night 0 end was posted..i knew i was voting for him before that, so sorry i even waited 5 minutes...i have something on him, though it maybe be entirely wrong so you prob. shouldnt follow me in this. I might ask barkeep for a rule clarification via PM, but until that point my vote stands for him.

So...to clarify here...you had something on him before the game even started, and before you could have gotten any viewing-esque PM's?
Old 12-05-2005, 02:05 PM   #136
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Clarification:

I was *not* ordered to vote for anybody. My message was not as confusing as I at first thought; there were merely some reading comprehension issues that I blame on lack of adequate caffeine.

That said, my vote still stands, as it does fit in with the message I got.

Interesting. After you mentioned that you might have been confused about your information, I went back and checked my own and found out that I too had misread my message. Anyhow...what could this (st. cronin and blade's early votes) mean? st. cronin seems to be quite straightforward in that he's following his faction leader's "orders," but Blade is being rather cryptic.

Possibly an assassin move? They don't care about gaining or losing points, because they know who they are voting for (whether or not they're an assassin) in advance. Either of them could be throwing this out there, and it could be an utter smoke screen (anyone who didn't receive a similar message to st. cronin would just assume it was the other faction, while Blade's just being cryptic -- not that I'm criticizing him).

I don't remember ever seeing Blade so decisive...though it's very preliminary, and I'm open to changing my vote, I'm not sure how available I'll be for the next few hours, so I'm going to put in a vote now just in case.

Vote Blade6119 Execute.

I start work tonight at 4 PM PST, so I'm gone after that for sure. Between now and then, I should be fairly available, but you never know.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 02:06 PM   #137
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
So...to clarify here...you had something on him before the game even started, and before you could have gotten any viewing-esque PM's?

I knew i was going to vote for him after recieving my role...i wont go further then that, though i said im open to anyone else as im not sure hes an assasin
Demotivation
Old 12-05-2005, 02:08 PM   #138
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Interesting. After you mentioned that you might have been confused about your information, I went back and checked my own and found out that I too had misread my message. Anyhow...what could this (st. cronin and blade's early votes) mean? st. cronin seems to be quite straightforward in that he's following his faction leader's "orders," but Blade is being rather cryptic.

Possibly an assassin move? They don't care about gaining or losing points, because they know who they are voting for (whether or not they're an assassin) in advance. Either of them could be throwing this out there, and it could be an utter smoke screen (anyone who didn't receive a similar message to st. cronin would just assume it was the other faction, while Blade's just being cryptic -- not that I'm criticizing him).

I don't remember ever seeing Blade so decisive...though it's very preliminary, and I'm open to changing my vote, I'm not sure how available I'll be for the next few hours, so I'm going to put in a vote now just in case.

Vote Blade6119 Execute.

I start work tonight at 4 PM PST, so I'm gone after that for sure. Between now and then, I should be fairly available, but you never know.

I think that's a good vote.

(edited to fix the quote tags, not for content)

Last edited by st.cronin : 12-05-2005 at 02:17 PM.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:08 PM   #139
Schmidty
Coordinator

This seems to be a very confusing game of WW.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:09 PM   #140
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
I knew i was going to vote for him after recieving my role...i wont go further then that, though i said im open to anyone else as im not sure hes an assasin

Gonna have to go into it a little more if you want me to change my vote at this point. You're just not adding up to me.

Vote Blade Execute
Old 12-05-2005, 02:11 PM   #141
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

You guys seem to have actually gotten good messages from your leader, all I got was my leader wanting to be crowned.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 02:11 PM   #142
Passacaglia
Coordinator

VOTE BLADE6119 EXECUTE

I'm willing to change the vote, but I'd like to hear Blade elaborate, and this vote might push him to do it.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:12 PM   #143
Passacaglia
Coordinator

[quote=st.cronin]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince

Vote Blade6119 Execute.

I start work tonight at 4 PM PST, so I'm gone after that for sure. Between now and then, I should be fairly available, but you never know.[/QUOTE

You might want to fix your quote tags, so it doesn't look like a vote by you.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:12 PM   #144
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Gonna have to go into it a little more if you want me to change my vote at this point. You're just not adding up to me.

Vote Blade Execute

I cant right now...do what you will...im a noble, and if you kill me it will help the assasins...im not going to elaborate and compromise any of my faction members
Demotivation
Old 12-05-2005, 02:12 PM   #145
saldana
Pro Starter

st cronin, make sure when you post a reply to a specific post, you quote it right,...your reply in 137 makes it look like two separate votes for blade. not trying to be a dick, that just confused me for a minute.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:17 PM   #146
Vince
Pro Starter

Hrm. Just read the rules, and I can't just plain 'unvote,' or the vote stays. I have to have someone else to vote for. Thought I'd point this out for anyone else who might have missed it.

I'm not so sure Blade is the right person to lynch (who ever is sure of themselves on day 1?), but I don't have much else to go on. Let's take a look at st. cronin...

Apparently, his faction leader sent him a message. This message either directly told him to vote for ardent (I doubt this, but it's a possibility), or suggested someone to vote for in a more cryptic manner (and would explain the reading comprehension issue a little). This has to be an effort to identify members of his faction -- but how can any further votes be trusted? People could be piling on, especially after st. cronin explained his reasoning for the vote. Now everyone who votes ardent has a cover -- 'I was doing it because my faction leader said to.' This bears some watching.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:18 PM   #147
st.cronin
General Manager

I fixed the quote tags. Somehow they got clipped. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:18 PM   #148
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:

Thanks
Old 12-05-2005, 02:20 PM   #149
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:

Dola -- and for what it's worth, your early vote seems like a pretty smart play. Identifying members of your own faction seems to be a pretty potent play -- the assassins don't really gain anything (though they could pick off an entire faction, I guess), since they already know who is and is not an assassin, and you help yourself from losing your team points by having a more informed vote.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:20 PM   #150
McSweeny
College Starter

st. cronin also said that his faction leader hasn't posted yet, so we might be able to narrow it down some. and what role could blade have that would give him a reason to vote for someone even before night 0 happened?
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote