Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-06-2005, 12:20 AM   #301
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Desnudo, it would really help us figure things out on the voting if you could give some indication of what your PM from your leader was yesterday. Because we need to figure out which faction ate -3.5 points so we can properly assess the remaining votes. Overall it looks like we may have some information we can use to hunt assassins tomorrow (assuming you are not one, which I am at this point).

Well, the message I got was basically a "let's go team" cheer.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 12:32 AM   #302
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Dubb, your faction could have the 1.5 score if they were:
Dubb: +1.5 (first vote to jail an assassin)
GWB: +.5 (vote execute assassin)
RPI: +.5 (vote execute assassin)
Coffee: +.5 (vote execute assassin)
Pass: -2 (first vote for Blade)

If that is the case, then we are still struggling to figure out who Desnudo is with. And I'm struggling to figure out why Passacaglia broke from your faction's ranks. Finally, I'm really struggling to figure out how your faction would have followed you on the vote if you are not a faction leader and were bluffing with your "leader said 'king me'" story earlier today.

I think it is worth revealing if this is your group because it basically hangs an assassin (McSweeny) and increases our ability to fit Desnudo with one of the other factions and fit the remaining votes into a pattern.

I do not know everyone in my group, I know 4 for sure. And we add up to -2.0. Assuming the 1 I don't know voted for Blade that puts us at -2.5, which is what we have. Desnudo and Mr. W are both assassins. Quit pulling strings here.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 12:33 AM   #303
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo

Which would be the problem. You got a "let's go team" cheer, along with a message that you were an assassin . That is why you didn't act.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:40 AM   #304
Desnudo
Coordinator

You can think what you like since you've obviously convinced.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:44 AM   #305
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
You can think what you like since you've obviously convinced.

All you have to do is freakin tell us what freakin faction you are in. You still haven't done that for a reason. The math won't work unless you are in my faction. And even then, the math don't work. What faction are you in? And dont say A, b/c I know you aren't.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:07 AM   #306
Desnudo
Coordinator

Have you ever thought that the reason is that I haven't had a chance to really read through the thread and get a feel for the game? Do you really think that I would rely on Barkeep allowing me to vote to knock off Blade? I voted for him to go to jail because of how quickly he voted. If I had known my vote would hang him, I definitely would not have voted for him. I probably would have abstained.

If you read my posts you'll either believe that I was busy at work (which I was), live in PST zone (which I do), was confused by conflicting PMs (which happened), and didn't have time to read the whole thread before voting. I regret voting now as I don't think it's right to do if you don't have a full grasp of the situation.

If you want to explain what I have to gain by revealing what group I belong to, I'd love to hear it, since I really haven't thought through an approach for this game.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:13 AM   #307
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

If you want to explain what I have to gain by revealing what group I belong to, I'd love to hear it, since I really haven't thought through an approach for this game.

Considering you added -3.5 points to a group, and the lowest group had just -2.5 if we know which group you belong to we can implicate an assassin(If it is A, then McSweeney is an assassin, I will believe you for 1 round if you just tell me that). Otherwise I'm going to go by the theory your -3.5 for being the lynch vote on a noble is void and YOU are an assassin.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:21 AM   #308
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
Read my last post on jail. I think someone we need to look at(and he's going to be pissed at me for doing this) is Saldana for tomorrow. I can't place him in a faction for the life of me and that makes his vote for McSweeney all the more puzzling. It is odd to call suspecision on me, and then go ahead and vote for the guy I'm voting for.

Also up there are Schmidty and King. They can't figure out that the hint stick was flogging them after(and in some cases) before they voted for me. If McSweeney is lynched and he's innocent Saldana is a good place to start tomorrow, he can always clear himself with his PM. I have a good feel for everyone else that is on McSweeney.

you gotta be kidding me...i think i explained my vote for mcsweeney as well as anyone else, and as far as calling you out goes, all i said was i thought one of your posts was a little weird, but after i looked at it more, i think you were trying to get a reaction to try and put people into factions. too bad you cant actually read into what people have said all day well enough to know that i am not an assasin
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 01:22 AM   #309
Desnudo
Coordinator

Fair enough, it's A. I obviously made a mistake in judgement and you can make of it what you will. I should have gone with my first instinct, which was not to vote at all.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:29 AM   #310
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
you gotta be kidding me...i think i explained my vote for mcsweeney as well as anyone else, and as far as calling you out goes, all i said was i thought one of your posts was a little weird, but after i looked at it more, i think you were trying to get a reaction to try and put people into factions. too bad you cant actually read into what people have said all day well enough to know that i am not an assasin

Yea, I thought it was pretty funny too , most of my play today has been to try and draw out an assassin. I don't really think you are one tho...now onto trying to place Desnudo into faction A......this may take a few minutes.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:33 AM   #311
saldana
Pro Starter

as much as i am also intrigued with desnudo at this point, i think of more interest to us all should be the fact that Blade was a noble, and was instantly voting for Mr. W....makes me wonder what Blade knew, and has me seriously thinking about following his lead tommorow.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:46 AM   #312
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

It's a stretch, but...

Desnudo:-4.0
Dubb93+1.5
???+.5
???+.5
Blade-.5
And a 6th person scoring -.5

Total: -2.5

By this logic someone that I thought was in my faction isn't, and we also add some people I hadn't thought about. I'm willing to give McSweeney another shot next time knowing if I'm wrong I pretty much have 2 assassins in my sight. One reason being I don't think Desnudo would post about a possible mistake if he was an assassin.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:38 AM   #313
Vince
Pro Starter

Hrm. Sorry to see Blade go. I was fairly certain that it wouldn't make sense for him to make that play as a villager, though I didn't have much else in the way of evidence to back it up.

Thought -- could "Faction C" be the Assassins? Though I posted before that I was fairly certain that there were three factions of nobles, then the assassins, for all we know Faction C is the assassins. Just thought I'd put that out there as food for thought. I'll have some more analysis in before I go to bed, surely.

As for pennywisesb -- he hasn't been answering his phone all day either (we're good friends outside the forums). I know he'd be disappointed to be out of the game, but he'd also understand, as he has missed a significant chunk of the game already.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 03:58 AM   #314
Vince
Pro Starter

Hrm. I might (must?) be reading this wrong, but since Blade had 6 votes on him, and it was a tie in terms of execution/jail (3 to 3), yet he was still executed...doesn't that mean that one of Passacaglia, Ardent Enthusiast or McSweeney has to be a faction leader?

I'm fading fast...I might not be able to look into anything else this evening. I know who at least 2 other faction members of mine are, and have a hunch on a third...but I didn't get a very good indication today from anyone else. I think one or maybe even both of Blade and/or Pennywisesb are member(s) of my faction.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:40 AM   #315
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Hrm. I might (must?) be reading this wrong, but since Blade had 6 votes on him, and it was a tie in terms of execution/jail (3 to 3), yet he was still executed...doesn't that mean that one of Passacaglia, Ardent Enthusiast or McSweeney has to be a faction leader?

I think so
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 06:31 AM   #316
hoopsguy
General Manager

Post #312 from Dubb:
Quote:
It's a stretch, but...

Desnudo:-4.0
Dubb93+1.5
???+.5
???+.5
Blade-.5
And a 6th person scoring -.5

Total: -2.5

If you work with the idea that there are six people in a faction, then the factions would have to include the assassins. However, I don't think they would accumulate points the same way as nobles based on the points system - they would not accumulate points to drag down a faction, would they? That is why I had initially thought that the factions would not include the assassins and made my calculations with a 5/5/5 ratio instead of a 6/6/6 ratio.

If you work with the idea that assassins are members of the factions, then would you lose points for killing a member of your faction when you hang an assassin? Again, this doesn't seem logical to me.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 06:32 AM   #317
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:

Since 2 other people have already stated that was in their message, it would be smart for an assassin to just copy what they said. So if you wouldn't mind, post what the first word in the message you got on night 0 was, then someone can vouch for you.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:52 AM   #318
hoopsguy
General Manager

GWB, I'm all for flushing out assassins but every game is pretty clear that PMs can be, at best, paraphrased. I'm a little worried that this request pushes that envelope. I want to win the game, but I want to make sure that we are acting in the spirit of the rules as well.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:55 AM   #319
Joe
Pro Starter

then how about a simple request for the # of letters in the first word? would that work?
Old 12-06-2005, 07:03 AM   #320
hoopsguy
General Manager

Desnudo's faction statement makes it pretty clear that he is not a member of my faction. Our statement was nothing like "lets go team".
Old 12-06-2005, 07:05 AM   #321
Joe
Pro Starter

well I'm off to work for the day, I'll catch up later tonight
Old 12-06-2005, 07:55 AM   #322
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
I would love to hear some discussion on Ardent, since I voted for him and made a case for why I did in Post #215.
Sorry man, my net access has been spotty as of late.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:12 AM   #323
Barkeep49
Coordinator

You awake in the morning and head down to begin the days sessions. Unfortunately two people do not join you. A search of the rooms is quickly made and you find that both Dubbs and Hoopsguy have been slain during the night. A couple think that it'll be awfully quiet with-out the two chatterboxes while others regret losing their keen intellegence and insight.

Day 2 is no going. I still need a solution to the Pennywise situation and one has not yet presented itself. Also as we move later into the game I will be answering less of the questions which are directly addresssed by the rules. So please feel free to ask questions, just realize I might say "Look at the rules" . Anyhow vote deadline is

9 AM Eastern Wednesday
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 08:16 AM   #324
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Barkeep,

I sent you a PM

I have limited night access as I haven't hooked up the computer from the move yet (will be up by this weekend) but I'm on during the day 7 am to 3 pm Arizona time if it helps.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 08:22 AM   #325
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Vote MrW Jail
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 09:57 AM   #326
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

I'm kind of lost at this point. I have no idea who's in my faction, who my leader is, and certainly no clue on the assassins.

Overall, the only thing I can guess, is that it looks like the point totals are reflecting McSweeny as an assassin.

VOTE MCSWEENY EXECUTE
Old 12-06-2005, 10:02 AM   #327
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan
I'm kind of lost at this point. I have no idea who's in my faction, who my leader is, and certainly no clue on the assassins.

You sir, just made a fatal error.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:06 AM   #328
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Wow. I read everything, but need to reread the whole damn thing to make sense of this. And take notes. I'm going to hold off on voting for a little bit, although I've pretty much narrowed it down to 2. I suspect my faction leader is not happy about that, though.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 10:07 AM   #329
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord

Damn. That took me a second, but you're right. To get the first vote...

VOTE RPI-FAN EXECUTE
Old 12-06-2005, 10:09 AM   #330
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

We need to decide, though. MrW or RPI. They are both assassins, unless there's some OTHER math combo in last night's vote that I missed - working with the roles I absolutely know, it's the only logical way faction B got the positive points last night.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:10 AM   #331
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Dola. And you know I'm gonna push for MrW first 'cause I want the first vote points.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:22 AM   #332
Passacaglia
Coordinator

This could get ugly. Two known assassins, and factions competing for the points. I'll have to go through the posts after class, but I'm not sure we KNOW that MrW is an assassin. We do know, though, that RPI-Fan has to be an assassin. I think some folks might want to break rank here.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:28 AM   #333
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord

Might be fatal, but I'd hope it wouldn't be...

I'll come clean, I guess... I've been trying to separate myself from my faction a little bit, and that was just a little bit over the top (as I now obviously see)...

I suspect I'll have several people vouch for me before the day is over.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:45 AM   #334
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Might be fatal, but I'd hope it wouldn't be...

I'll come clean, I guess... I've been trying to separate myself from my faction a little bit, and that was just a little bit over the top (as I now obviously see)...

I suspect I'll have several people vouch for me before the day is over.test

I really need to read this whole thread today. Darn work, Blitz, The League, and not having a dedicated internet in my new room.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:58 AM   #335
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Villager Raiders Army checking in. I'll have to wait until tonight to read through the thread. I'm taking classes today through Thursday so my daytime activities will be limited.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 11:03 AM   #336
Barkeep49
Coordinator

In case you have not already observed Raiders will be taking over for Pennywise. I hope everything is OK with him.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 11:36 AM   #337
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Me too. I didn't know. What's wrong?
Old 12-06-2005, 11:50 AM   #338
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I'm still trying to work out the math from the Day 1 votes. Some questions:

Do leader votes count for double points?

What constitutes the first vote? Does Vince get credited for it, since he voted for Blade first, or do I, since mine was the first vote that remained?
Old 12-06-2005, 11:55 AM   #339
saldana
Pro Starter

i still cant get past how sure blade was of himself with his Mr. Wednesday vote, and seeing as how he is now dead, we can more or less guarantee that the wasnt lying about what he knew, so i am going to go with what i probably should have done yesterday and

VOTE MR WEDNESDAY EXECUTE
Old 12-06-2005, 11:59 AM   #340
st.cronin
General Manager

VOTE MR. WEDNESDAY EXECUTE

Quote:

Overall, the only thing I can guess, is that it looks like the point totals are reflecting McSweeny as an assassin.

VOTE MCSWEENY EXECUTE

My own guess is that McSweeny and Mr. Wednesday are assasins. One vote on McSweeny already, I'll put one on Mr. W as a test. I am sure, from his comments yesterday, that RPI is NOT an assasin, but is instead in my faction. I think also ardent is part of our faction ... I'm not sure about anybody else yet.
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 12:00 PM   #341
st.cronin
General Manager

dola

my pm was quite baffling ...
Old 12-06-2005, 12:02 PM   #342
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
VOTE MR. WEDNESDAY EXECUTE

My own guess is that McSweeny and Mr. Wednesday are assasins. One vote on McSweeny already, I'll put one on Mr. W as a test. I am sure, from his comments yesterday, that RPI is NOT an assasin, but is instead in my faction. I think also ardent is part of our faction ... I'm not sure about anybody else yet.

Can you explain why you think RPI is in your faction? I don't want to make you guys tell too much, but since he's trying to remove himself from his faction, which is completely baffling, it might be a good idea for you to reign him in.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:16 PM   #343
Passacaglia
Coordinator

All right, I'm out for a while. Back sometime late afternoon/evening.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:20 PM   #344
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia
Can you explain why you think RPI is in your faction? I don't want to make you guys tell too much, but since he's trying to remove himself from his faction, which is completely baffling, it might be a good idea for you to reign him in.

It has to do with the pm from our faction leader, and the responses to it in the thread.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:21 PM   #345
st.cronin
General Manager

dola

I don't know why he was trying to separate himself, except perhaps as some strategy that I don't understand.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:06 PM   #346
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:

VOTE MCSWEENY EXECUTE

This message smacks of someone fishing for information. Not quite sure that it indicates an assassin though.

As for pennywisesb, I'm not really sure what he's up to. If he ever calls me back, I'll let you all know. I think I remeber him mentioning some sort of test he had to take...maybe a physical agility test? He's a part-time firefighter, and trying to catch on full-time somewhere. If he got called up for a second interview, he might have had to leave on short notice.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:08 PM   #347
Vince
Pro Starter

Anyhow, I'm off to work. Should be back in time to make the vote.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:08 PM   #348
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Anyhow, I'm off to work. Should be back in time to make the vote.
just to remind everyone, according to barkeeps night 1 action post, we are in a 24 hour cycle, the vote deadline is 9 am tommorow.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:10 PM   #349
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
just putting this out there because people seem to think its tonight, but the vote deadline is 9am tommorow according to barkeeps night 1 post

Heh, well then if I'm not back in time to vote, someone send out a search and rescue team
Old 12-06-2005, 01:23 PM   #350
saldana
Pro Starter

just a thought i had, since we are obviously dealing with 3 factions, we are also dealing with 3 fast talkers...that means if there were 3 assassins at the start, they could reach a total of 6 at some point.

the other thought i had was that there are two possiblilites for what happened last night:
1. the efficient assassin hit, which means we lost 2 nobles and the score is now 12 to 3 with 3 fast talkers left
2. a normal assassin hit, and so did the cocky noble, in which case the score is either 12 to 3 (+3 possible) or 13 to 2(+3 possible) if either dubb or hoops was an assassin.